Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Okay, maybe I was a "little" off... but I still don't get how can it be next month.
    I know that season 2 trailer of sam and max was at least 2 months before it came out ( At least I hope I'm right this time). Oh please telltale release the game and save me for making a fool out of my self :D
  • edited February 2010
    I'd say the stuff on www.samandmax2010.com counts as a bit of a teaser trailer, wouldn't you? The main thing we don't have yet is the actual release date. So until it's announced: Patience.
  • edited February 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Is that how it works?

So you're implying it is coming out sooner?
  • edited February 2010
    Molokov wrote: »
    I'd say the stuff on www.samandmax2010.com counts as a bit of a teaser trailer, wouldn't you?

I agree, but still an actual teaser like Season 2's would be nice but it's still up to Telltale to decide.
  • edited February 2010
    I wonder what The Penal Zone could mean. A prison? The return of Sam's grandma?
  • edited February 2010

It probably means an infinite loop of door ways that lead Sam & Max down a pathway toward universal cataclysm! Or a space gas station. (Return of Mr. Crank? Ohhh yeah..)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    I wonder what The Penal Zone could mean.

Am I the only one who giggled a little at that phrase? :o
  • edited February 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Am I the only one who giggled a little at that phrase? :o

Yes.
  • edited February 2010
    Since it's playhouse, we can expect some kind of a game. And many games have penalties
  • edited February 2010
    Like hockey?
  • edited February 2010
    Cyrus7 wrote: »
    Since it's playhouse, we can expect some kind of a game.
    Oh... a Sam&Max Game. I would buy that! :p
  • edited February 2010
    Perhaps more like David Fincher's Game... Though it's just a guess.
  • edited February 2010
    Oh... a Sam&Max Game. I would buy that! :p

YOU would buy THAT insane bunny and that weird dog!?
    ... Me too!:D
  • edited February 2010
    Wow, "Devil's Playhouse" is kinda specific isn't it? I mean "Save The World" and "Beyond Time And Space" can be anything. It can be anywhere in time and space, and saving the world from anything.

Still, with a mention of a Space Gorilla, I doubt "Devil's Playhouse" is anything we expect. After all, it's Sam and Max.

Oh, and anyone got release date already?
  • edited February 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I agree, but still an actual teaser like Season 2's would be nice but it's still up to Telltale to decide.
    Well, in my opinion the season 2 was nice and stylistic, it made people who were doubting season 2 seem more revitalized at the idea, but the downside was that teaser was quite spoiler-ish - thankfully I saw it after playing season 2. :)

Still I think this level of secrecy and hushed clues is great, as it's really intrigues my interest of the mysterious season 3. And I'm looking more forward to it than ever by the day.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Well, in my opinion the season 2 was nice and stylistic, it made people who were doubting season 2 seem more revitalized at the idea, but the downside was that teaser was quite spoiler-ish - thankfully I saw it after playing season 2. :)

I dont think people at the time considered it spoilrerish! It revealed that Bosco's had lockdown/darkroom lighting, that Flint was in the game, and that you could go to Stinky's diner! Oh and the Mariachi was there, but the forums didn't know what to make of him at all. All of that stuff was revealed 15 minutes into the first episode, so it cant be too bad.
  • edited February 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I dont think people at the time considered it spoilrerish! It revealed that Bosco's had lockdown/darkroom lighting, that Flint was in the game, and that you could go to Stinky's diner! Oh and the Mariachi was there, but the forums didn't know what to make of him at all. All of that stuff was revealed 15 minutes into the first episode, so it cant be too bad.
    Well, I like to go into an episode/video game with as little information as possible, so as to not ruin the complete experience of exploring the unknown. But this is just my opinion, I'm sure there are many people like seson3churious that prefer the glitz and glamour of the trailers to this.
  • edited February 2010

Oh Please!
  • edited February 2010
    how can it be Devils playhouse anyways, the devil was the subject of last season
  • edited February 2010
    Well, I like to go into an episode/video game with as little information as possible, so as to not ruin the complete experience of exploring the unknown. But this is just my opinion, I'm sure there are many people like seson3churious that prefer the glitz and glamour of the trailers to this.

Then don't watch the trailer. Someone who has made up their mind not to spoil themselves before playing a game, but then watches the trailers and reads all of the discussion before they do, has no room to talk.

I, personally, don't like to be spoiled, but I'm a really childish person with absolutely no patience whatsoever, so I just can't control myself when it comes to spoilers. I have to know it all right away.
  • edited February 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Wow, "Devil's Playhouse" is kinda specific isn't it?
    No?

As for the trailer; they hired Majus and Suro for a reason, maybe we get a "super-spoilery" trailer from them? ;)
  • edited February 2010
    I hope it's worth it. They can't exactly do an "I wonder what happens..." if they know what happens.
  • edited February 2010
    They're house sitting it for him while he's vacationing at the ice hotel in Sweden.
  • edited February 2010
    No?

As for the trailer; they hired Majus and Suro for a reason, maybe we get a "super-spoilery" trailer from them? ;)

Aren't they interns?
  • edited February 2010
    Kroms wrote: »
    Aren't they interns?

They are.

It's just totally basseless speculation to kill time.

Move on..
  • edited February 2010
    I believe that in this new Season there will be a lot more action and violence than in Season 1 and 2, and a possibility that there will be less "comic mischief".
  • edited February 2010
    I thought it would be much more catchier, but oh well... It's still a cool idea/ picking up from the end of season 2. (Which I have yet to played :() I bet in the next 2-3 months or so, the next Episode will be on the OFLC site. (Considering that's how long it takes to make an Telltale episode, according to Nintendo Power...) We could only wait till' then!
  • edited February 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    I hope it's worth it. They can't exactly do an "I wonder what happens..." if they know what happens.

I Know What Happens in Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse But I Can't Tell You So Here's This Instead!
  • edited February 2010
    Maybe they called them to say:

'Look guys, what we're doing is THIS, so if you wanna do a trailer about Sam and Max Season 3; do something else. Now you may go.'

Either way they know what happens in Season Three. I say we should torture Majus by deleting Adobe Flash on his computer, to get some news.
  • edited February 2010
    Oh... they could just force them to make a good video before allowing them to see the game in action.
    Oh, and it should be great, otherwise no S&M for you!!!

Productivity through Sam and Max starvation ;).
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Productivity through Sam and Max starvation ;).

That's cruel and heartless! I like it.
  • edited February 2010
    Technically, Majus and Suro are the ones making the games. Not by themselves, obviously, but their internships are in choreography so I'm pretty sure they're working on the cut scenes and stuff. (That's what chore guys do, right Telltalers?) Good way to use an animator and film maker, don't ya think ;)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Technically, Majus and Suro are the ones making the games. Not by themselves, obviously, but their internships are in choreography so I'm pretty sure they're working on the cut scenes and stuff. (That's what chore guys do, right Telltalers?) Good way to use an animator and film maker, don't ya think ;)

It would be awesome if they could make 3D models of themselves and be included into an Episode. Maybe as an Easter egg or as a help system with funny voices.
  • edited February 2010
    Maybe a return to the Zombie Factory? :D
  • edited February 2010
    Only if we get to see more areas of the castle.

The castle itself has real potential, but I really think the disco area is just for NOTRD.
  • edited February 2010
    I think Telltales smaller areas often look best. The larger environments are too sparse. Locations like Santa's room, the dungeon, the office, Sybil's, etc
  • edited February 2010

noooo1.gif
  • edited February 2010
    noooo1.gif

Haha. Without the use of gifs, I agree with Secret Fawful. I think we've seen everything at the Zombie Factory that's worth seeing, as well as any other locations -- Sybil's, Bosco's and Stinky's. I suspect we may still be seeing some of these, but hopefully they are significantly different to make the return visit worth it, otherwise for me it'll just be "been here, done this".
  • edited February 2010
    Um, I didn't seriously mean the Zombie Factory needed to be revisited, I just meant, you know, it's in Germany ... and they are German. So ... they've already got the accent ... right? It was a joke? Kinda?

I thought it was funny.
  • edited February 2010
    Um, I didn't seriously mean the Zombie Factory needed to be revisited, I just meant, you know, it's in Germany ... and they are German. So ... they've already got the accent ... right? It was a joke? Kinda?

I thought it was funny.

There's always a moment in any gaming forum (Including this one) when everybody is way too serious for their own sake.

In fact, I didn't get it
Sign in to comment in this discussion.