• edited December 2010
    Don't look at the hands!!!!

guitarrist_by_ginny_n-d345nn6.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    He's giving me the finger!

Concept03.png
    Boer06.png
  • edited December 2010
    I have to say I love Junaid stuff. I don't say that enough times.

2010_resume_of_art_by_ginny_n-d34bbh1.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Yup, I agree Ginny, his stuff is awesome.

Anyways, drawing shirtless guys still feels kinda awkward...

half_practice_half_fanservice_by_thesunnyguy-d34dq3n.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Half-Practice-Half-Fanservice-188757347
    Well, I never really draw the human body, and I felt like drawing Lance again, so this was useful practice and it killed two birds with one stone. Of course, I did it looking at some reference materials, otherwise it'd look like total crap .___.

Out of the two arms I think at least the right arm is ok, no comment on the hands, or the pants, first time I try drawing them unbuttoned. I was gonna add some chest hair since, well, he's part wolf and it'd make him look a little more "wild", but it just ended looking awkard so I erased it.
  • edited December 2010
    A little animation I did for a friend. Just practice.
    Seankitty.gif
  • edited December 2010
    Hehe, it's cute :3

shooting_star_warrior_by_thesunnyguy-d34i5ub.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Shooting-Star-Warrior-188964371
    Even though I've been a fan of the series since the very beginning, it's the first time I draw Subaru/Geo (weird *shrugs*) so I wanted to do something kinda simple.

Oh, and I HATE drawing helmets, of any kind, I just can't get them right >___<
  • edited December 2010
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    A little animation I did for a friend. Just practice.
    Seankitty.gif

want. Much want.
  • edited December 2010
    Hehe, I figured you'd like it :P

shooting_star_warrior_2_by_thesunnyguy-d34jaib.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Shooting-Star-Warrior-2-189017075
    First time I draw Subaru/Geo's whole body, it's a good thing I had a toy of him for reference >.>

For a first time I don't think I did too bad, other than it kinda looking like he's leaning to the right. Rock/Mega could look better, but eh, it was already a bit of a pain to get it to look like that. I didn't want it to look too plain because of the lack of color, so I experimented with cross hatching. How does that look?
  • edited December 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »

You got a good sense of the tones going there with the tones, it shows there there are different colours. And this is a real solid piece! I find it tricky to draw all of Shooting Star MegaMan's body. ._.
  • edited December 2010
    No kidding, I'm sure it would look considerably worse had I not had this at hand XD

51UQ3Ia-pkL.jpg

I love that little toy, maybe I should take some photos of it battling its EXE/BN counterpart one day, that'd be kinda cool =P
  • edited December 2010
    Thiswassupposedtobeposepractice.png?t=1291921885

Step 1: Draw Leah in a weirdass pose
    Step 2: Slap some psychic fire on her hands
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: PROFIT!
  • edited December 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    No kidding, I'm sure it would look considerably worse had I not had this at hand XD

51UQ3Ia-pkL.jpg

I love that little toy, maybe I should take some photos of it battling its EXE/BN counterpart one day, that'd be kinda cool =P

SWEAR TO GOD, do you actually have that? Oh, dude, I want. *Q* <3333
    (but more so Gemini Spark if they has it *shot* |D)

@Cheri - YESSSS~!!! <3
  • edited December 2010
    Yup, I was incredibly lucky to find it at the last anime convention I went to. It was kinda expensive for what it is because it's an import and stuff but not knowing if I'd ever find an RnR toy again in my life I gave in to the temptation XD

@Cheri: Saw that when you uploaded it to DA, it looks pretty cool. How did you make the flames btw?
  • edited December 2010
    tai_and_kar_by_ginny_n-d34jgkx.jpg

First one, 4 to go!
  • edited December 2010
    @SunnyGuy: I cheaped out and used custom brushes found on Brusheezy.com

But this is done without brushes, for an LiveJournal RP event I was a part of.

InkCityLastStandWIPcopy.png?t=1291923987

Absurd crossover? Very.
  • edited December 2010
    The best kind of crossover there is 8D

@Ginny: *hugs* It's great :D
  • edited December 2010
    I've been making a whole load of cutesy polymer clay stuff for the upcoming craft fair! Ugh.

0006te6y

0006w48h

I miss working on my ponies...
  • edited December 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    I miss working on my ponies...

We miss it too!
    I hope your cutesy stuff has a lot of success at the fair though. I think the gifts look really cute.
  • edited December 2010
    Cheri, I love the crossover picture! I was just watching an Animaniacs DVD last night!

More of the usual from me:

5247241809_e9f760902c_z.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    really_messing_around_in_ps_by_thesunnyguy-d34n21z.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/REAL...in-PS-189192743
    SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING AND WHY DID I SPEND SO MUCH TIME ON THIS

I downloaded some brushes for photoshop and pretty much went crazy with them on an old pic.

I don't know if this should be in my scraps or not.

If you want to laugh at it and tell me how bad it is go ahead, I won't mind at all.
  • edited December 2010
    So, yeah

waiting_for_a_turn_by_ginny_n-d34r3kc.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    ha, that's awesome. Thanks, Ginny.
  • edited December 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2165&stc=1&d=1292200774

Some Sprites for a Comic I'm planning to do. (The one Labeled "Alan" is me, modified from a Scott Pilgrim Sprite.)
  • edited December 2010
    more_pose_practicing_by_thesunnyguy-d34w4e2.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/More-pose-practicing-189615674
    Practicing poses, with most being "copied" from somewhere else. The character is not meant to be anyone, although he is based on Ragna the Bloodedge since he's who I was watching for a couple of this poses. I'd really like feedback on this from whoever gets to see this.

1-Ready for battle pose. Based on Ragna in the BBCS2 opening.

2-Random pose.

3-Powering up. Kinda the same situation as 1 but not exactly

4-Dunno what to call this pose but I like it except for the hand >.> Based on Carl in the BBCS2 opening.

5-Dashing about to attack. With a sword. See #1.

6-Standing pose seen from the back. See #1.

7-Pose copied from a picture of Megaman Starforce 2.

8-Just standing around.

9-Running pose.

10-Crappy running pose from the front.

11-Better running pose that used the ending of Bakuman as reference.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm bored, so does anybody have more art?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm bored, so does anybody have more art?

You asked for it.

5264872514_73e5822793_z.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Because I can here's something old I could've sworn I had uploaded to DA ages ago but apparently not.

gentlemanly_tai_by_thesunnyguy-d34yzog.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Gentlemanly-Tai-189749536

Have I improved or haven't I?
  • edited December 2010
    darkseid_vs_kid_buu_by_ginny_n-d34znwi.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    One of my friends asked me to make him Jafar's staff (from Aladdin) for a costume, and as I hugely underestimated the time I'd need to make it, and just how much Milliput I'd need (5+ boxes so far) it didn't come out as well as I'd like:

0006x393

It's sculpted onto a mop handle, the bit pictured above is about 9" tall. I've promised to fix it up over New Year and sort out all the bits I'm unhappy with, namely giving it larger eyes and smoothing out the sculpted bits with yet more Milliput.
  • edited December 2010
    redcloack_by_ginny_n-d357ubm.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    darkseid_vs_kid_buu_by_ginny_n-d34znwi.jpg

Pure awesomeness!!
  • edited December 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    One of my friends asked me to make him Jafar's staff (from Aladdin) for a costume, and as I hugely underestimated the time I'd need to make it, and just how much Milliput I'd need (5+ boxes so far) it didn't come out as well as I'd like:

0006x393

It's sculpted onto a mop handle, the bit pictured above is about 9" tall. I've promised to fix it up over New Year and sort out all the bits I'm unhappy with, namely giving it larger eyes and smoothing out the sculpted bits with yet more Milliput.

Don't sell yourself short, that thing is amazing.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks! I was happy with the sculpt itself, it was more the finishing that got skipped over due to time constraints, if I'd left myself enough time to paint over the whole thing with a Milliput paste then that would have made the surface nice and smooth. It does need bigger eyes though.
  • edited December 2010
    s640x480

s640x480
  • edited December 2010
    Just finished...
    eacdd0e376fa81e8bdd0c79828d07c6d-d35akb2.jpg

Love the work that's being posted guys. :)
  • edited December 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Redcloak awesomeness

Thanks! I love it. It's so neat to see him in your style ^_^
  • edited December 2010
    willard_h__wright_by_thesunnyguy-d35g357.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Willard-H-Wright-190547179
    Willard H. Wright from the visual novel Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru: Requiem of the Golden Witch (aka episode 7). He was pretty much the only actually new character in the whole thing, also my favorite one XD (that's a stealth spoiler I guess...)

It's been quite a while since I last traditionally colored something, but I must admit that I'm happy with how that came out. Sure the pic has some problems here and there, but I really like how the color came out at least.

Feedback on the coloring?
  • edited December 2010
    Mostly, get better pencils. Here's a tutorial for you

tutorial.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Remember the drawings of this guy I did in the summer?

TwerpShipInt01.png

It was ment to be my graduation short but after I made a moving storyboard, I decided that it was way too long and dropped the whole idea to start over with something new.

Anyway, I posted the whole storyboard online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucHsY1bK_JA
Sign in to comment in this discussion.