The Legendary General Art Thread

1232425262729»

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Neat.
  • edited March 2013
    Hi all.

Over at originaltrilogy.com, Harmy is about to release v2.1 of his Star Wars (Episode IV) HD remaster. (which he calls the "Despecialized Edition")

I'm working on cover art for the OOT, and am first working on A New Hope. I would like some input from you guys on a particular part of it.

If you notice it says neither "A New Hope" nor "Episode IV", that's because some people at OT.com noted that the original theatrical version did not say this and as such it's also not in the remastered movie.

What I want to ask is, regarding the Star Wars logo on the top left: Which of these looks better?

uoIeZ7R.png

DLH2e4B.png

44QjPmD.png

agIEY9f.png

faQIFLu.png
  • edited March 2013
    I'd have to see what the filled text version looks like on the rest of the cover, but I will say that the middle image is too bright and hard to see. It's not particularly fitting to what every other version of the logo looks like.

I think I'm leaning towards the filled in version, but again, I'd have to see it as part of the full cover to really know for sure.
  • edited March 2013
    Okay. With star, or without?

Xj0QfFQ.png

j1aM3xf.png

uoIeZ7R.png
  • edited March 2013
    Out of the three, the bottom one - the black text with outlines, complete with star.

The yellow text is too similar to the star and it doesn't quite work. I couldn't quite tell that when zoomed in, but once I saw the whole cover it became rather obvious.
  • edited March 2013
    Since I was going to see him at Megacon this year, I thought I'd do a piece of Patrick Stewart as Macbeth.

254593_10151563401824359_1824814539_n.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    I guess, appropriately, Macbeth killed this thread.
  • edited March 2013
    Hey, art takes time you know.
  • edited March 2013
    alienxxx.jpg

==================================================

babyalien.jpg
  • edited April 2013
    My first digital drawing of a person.

digitaldrawing.png
  • edited April 2013
    Farlander wrote: »
    My first digital drawing of a person...

Amazing!
  • edited April 2013
    Indeed. It would make a fantastic art style for an adventure game! :D
  • edited April 2013
    I finally finished my masterpiece! (well, I used a pattern, but still...)

xkz2ajp.jpg
  • edited April 2013
    Hooray!
  • edited April 2013
    Dude, epic.
  • edited April 2013
    Coolbeans! :D
  • edited April 2013
    I finally finished my masterpiece! (well, I used a pattern, but still...)

xkz2ajp.jpg

Rug hook? It's glorious. Send me the pattern, I'd love to make one if I ever actually have time.
  • edited April 2013
    It's actually a massive cross-stitch. Well, not so much massive as very detailed. I don't know how many stitches went into this thing but it's probably well into five figures.

And you'd probably want a lot of time. This thing took me two years to finish. Granted, it was on and off working on it... but it was a serious time commitment.
  • edited September 2013

So, is now a bad time to resurrect the General Art Thread?

And speaking of resurrecting dead things:

Boo

("Banshee", based on the image from J "Neondragon" Peffer's "DragonArt Fantasy Characters")

By the way, that's an incredible cross-stitch, Alcoremortis!

• Thanks! I actually went ahead and spent $130 to get it professionally framed so it can sit on the ground next to my wall until I actually go and hang it somewhere.

• Dude, this is actually an awesome necrobump.

What a cool time capsule. (there used to be a lot of Star Wars fans here lol)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.