The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Just watch out for zombies, my friend.
  • edited February 2011
    That is beyond awesome, over-saturation and all.

In case there are any WoW players here, I did this one for J!nx's Warcraft t-shirt contest. (If you have a moment, pleeeease go vote for me. Seriously, the prizes are epic and I need all the votes I can get)

c0f78be8d851405b8da60.gif
  • edited February 2011
    Working on my portfolio and I'm not happy with the results. I'm doing this anyway because I think I better practice:

portfolio_piece_3_by_ginny_n-d3aj0m6.jpg
    portfolio_piece_4_by_ginny_n-d3akc16.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    You are never happy with the results, No artist is.

But guess what, you always give us awesome stuff to look at.
  • edited February 2011
    Someone needs to do a proper version of this:

mcx6vs.jpg

(I randomly drew it today! :D)
  • edited March 2011
    Wow, really nice work everyone :O

...Is that the Yellow Devil?

Anyways, TTG artists, I require your advice and opinions.
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/#/d3aoxiw
  • edited March 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Wow, really nice work everyone :O

...Is that the Yellow Devil?

Anyways, TTG artists, I require your advice and opinions.
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/#/d3aoxiw

Its Yellow Devil (centre) from Megaman, Zero (right) from Kirby, and Evil Seed (left) from Dragon Quest.

I think a bit picture of all eyeball based enemies from different series would look pretty awesome (and freaky!).
  • edited March 2011
    That it would.

flame_in_the_dark_by_thesunnyguy-d3asiib.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Flame-in-the-Dark-199525043
    Title is much cooler than it should because it was either that or the "Tablet Thing" thing it already has for its filename >.>

Anyways, did this quickly with one of the tablets at school. It was pretty fun actually, makes me wish I had one myself so that I could do stuff like this more often.

And I'm still looking for opinions on my last post, almost nobody anywhere has said anything =(
  • edited March 2011
    Here are some stills from the animatic for my graduation short "Sheeped Away"

FinalStoryboardPreview.png
  • edited March 2011
    Yay! I've been working all day on this! It's finally finished!

I call it 'Staff Photo of Glottis and his Mechanics'.

f20t4p.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    @Junaid: I love your stuff. As always ^^!

Oh, here´s some my stuff too
    portfolio_piece_06_by_ginny_n-d3ausfk.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    A typical day at my school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vicU4_ZCrac
  • edited March 2011
    nice work Ginny
  • edited March 2011
    portfolio_piece_08_by_ginny_n-d3azpa7.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    A vast amount of talent in this here thread, guys. Damn.

Some homework I did.

Ngh.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    It looks like no one has posted here for over a week. You have forced my hand, so I must post something. Let this be a lesson to you. If you don't post your awesome stuff, you have to put up with me.

minotaur_by_klatuu_vii-d3bq6y6.jpg

That's what I was planning to write before 1nky's cool post. :)
    What program did you use to make that, 1nky?
  • edited March 2011
    Dat be some awesome pencilwork, yo. The left arm (the one facing away) looks a tiny bit too bulky, but otherwise, this is fantastic. Great stance, great proportions - awesome job. :D

I just used Maya. I'm still a newbie, though.
  • edited March 2011
    sstw___usa_comes_to_visit_by_ginny_n-d3bvlr5.jpg

Disclaimer: before you complain about been insensitive about Japan, Earthquakes and the problems of radiation: As Chileans, we are very aware of that. That´s why we are so freaking scared.
  • edited March 2011
    GinnyN wrote: »
    sstw___usa_comes_to_visit_by_ginny_n-d3bvlr5.jpg

Disclaimer: before you complain about been insensitive about Japan, Earthquakes and the problems of radiation: As Chileans, we are very aware of that. That´s why we are so freaking scared.

As a fellow chilian i could't agree with you more. And to think I used to feel a sismic movement and act like if it weren nothing, now eeveryone is paranoic with the slightest move...
  • edited March 2011
    satw___happy_birthday_mexico_by_ginny_n-d3c0pv5.jpg

This Comics are Fan Fics of Scandinavia and the World. Read Here!

Basically, we were in a spanish forum and Mexicans were celebrating their National Celebration when a Spanish guy asked why they were celebrating if their celebration is July 4th. (Which is in fact September 16th, if I remember correctly.)

Cue Mexican´s Smash

Chile randomly poping out is just my normal behaviour in that month. Our national festivity IS the next week after Mexico´s and we always preparate the whole month for that. And suddenly, every September 16th, I remember "Oh, yeah, Mexico goes first".
  • edited March 2011
    This Comics are Fan Fics of Scandinavia and the World. Read Here!

Cheers for the link, some great stuff on that site!
  • edited March 2011
    This Comics are Fan Fics of Scandinavia and the World.

I thought I recognised the style! I've read a few of those in the past.
  • edited March 2011
    Animating like a madman now. Here's a work in progress piece:
    Scheeped.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Let´s see if somebody can explain me this:

satw___no_way_by_ginny_n-d3c6wym.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    LOL that is funny I JUST looked at that on your deviant art page.
  • edited March 2011
    You mean someone that's either a)not of the nationality of the countries above or b)hasn't read the description on DA right? =P

You know, I haven't posted my art here in a while, so I guess I'll fix that whether anyone cares or not.

in_the_sea____by_thesunnyguy-d3bo8ib.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/In-the-sea-201005075
    Alternate title: How I fail at quick colorings.

More fanart of this guy :iconoshawottplz: Background was completely improvised, and pretty much so were colors x___x

So in short, I fail at pose, background, and color, but I still kinda like it >.>

kenshin_the_oshawott_colored_by_thesunnyguy-d3bpmyr.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Kenshin-the-Oshawott-Colored-201070467

A pic of my Mijumaru/Oshawott Kenshin cosplaying as, well, Kenshin from RuroKen.

Oh, and random trivia, the X is not really a scar it's just marker =P
  • edited March 2011
    These aren't fan art as such, I just wanted to test out real ink and brush, as I hadn't used them before. So here's my versions of the orginal KQ covers from 1 to 3.

• edited March 2011
    Nice work!
  • edited March 2011
    satw___killing_gaze_by_ginny_n-d3ce1tl.jpg

Say the legend that Paula Jaraquemada, owner of a State in Chile during the Chilean Independence War, was protecting some people from the Spanish Army, until said Army decided to ask, by using force, for food and stuff.

Obviously, if she agreed, she would be giving away the wanted people, so she refused. The Spanish Capitan threatened to shoot her, and she answered "Then shoot". Then the captain threatened her to set in fire the state and she throw a lamp to their feet yelling "Here you have fire!". The Spanish Army got nothing else but leave.

Here´s Sister Chile, doing Mrs. Paula part. Argentina is carring Chile because, in the middle of the war, the Chilean General got injured and the Argentinian General got the part of finish the war. They used Paula Jaraquemada State as an Hospital for the Chilean-Argentinian Army after the battle of Cancha Rayada. When they leaved the place, they ended the war in the Battle of Maipu.

You can vote for the next comic here.
  • edited March 2011
    Painting2.png Painting1.png
  • edited March 2011
    Just postin' this guy here 'cause I think he turned out pretty good.

gargoyle_by_klatuu_vii-d3crmgr.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    All kinds of different genius in this thread.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm working on a full body fantasy painting of Edward Elric, and have only got the head worked on so far-

YuyMd.png
  • edited March 2011
    meryl.png

A tribute to a very talented artist who unwillingly planted the seeds for my curiosity towards charicatures and drawing.
  • edited March 2011
    Is that yours Falanca? That's beautiful.
  • edited March 2011
    I never really put something here that's not my work :/ Thanks a lot man.
  • edited March 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    I never really put something here that's not my work :/ Thanks a lot man.

Very professional. A future illustrator. I'd like to see you do a comic.
  • edited March 2011
    It's everything but professional, really,was a quicksketch. There are many errors, but it's good you can see its potential through it, perhaps?

I'm planning on starting a comic -as cutscenes for a game I'm making- by the end of this year but it won't have such a weird drawing style I guess
  • edited March 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    It's everything but professional, really,was a quicksketch. There are many errors, but it's good you can see its potential through it, perhaps?

I'm planning on starting a comic -as cutscenes for a game I'm making- by the end of this year but it won't have such a weird drawing style I guess

You did a beautiful job with this, and I feel like I'm looking at one of my comics that I have up stairs.

It doesn't take anything away that you did this quick. I've seen famous comic artists do things quick that look just as good if not as good as this.

I've studied 2D art, 3D art, graphic design at the universities and this is strong work. You're going to impress the hell out of your professors if you take courses and show them work like this.

Strange? This is terrific work. You have a gift that needs to be cherished and nourished especially if you're this good when you're not at your best. You have a talent, gift, worth fighting for though, standing up for. Don't put your work down. Here's some advice, keep quiet. :p

Don't tell me this isn't real work, or not good work. This is beautiful, you're fantastic.

Keep doing what you do, man, it's special, unique, it's you. Don't lie about it. You're just too good to need to make excuses, the world is going to know you're talented soon or a later. Just take the compliments where needed and criticisms constructively.

Have a good life, fantastic life, be yourself, you're a artist, you're good at what you're doing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.