Peeved at Ipad early launch!!!???

2»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Yeah, these pesky non-PC gamers, not buying games they couldn't have played! How dare they?
    I'm sure consumers from other platforms are just as loyal. It would be silly to dismiss them because they haven't bought telltale games until now, when they couldn't have.

Beside the point. When you have a loyal fan base, it's a good idea not to snub them. That's basic marketing.
  • edited April 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Really? It says to me that they want both my business and iPad users' business. What actions-of-a-company to English phrasebook are you using?

There's this thing called prioritization. When you prioritize one version over another, well, you get the picture. It's pretty simple, really. But maybe you missed it.
  • edited April 2010
    But they didn't snub their loyal fanbase or prioritise iPad over PC and Mac. It's not like the changed the release date for the computer and PS3 versions when they announced it for iPad.

And from what I've heard, the iPad version could have used a bit more testing, because apparently it's really laggy.
  • edited April 2010
    yogsodoth wrote: »
    Beside the point. When you have a loyal fan base, it's a good idea not to snub them. That's basic marketing.

It would only be snubbing us if they decided to only release it on the iPad.

From my point of view, I see this as a good thing. The more platforms Telltale is able to publish on, the larger their audience will become, which means more income for them, which will hopefully lead to bigger and better games. That's not really a goal I can begrudge them for.
  • edited April 2010

Yeah. And they're not snubbing us. They're answering questions here, they're working hard on the PC (and mac, and PSN) release, and they'll be here for us when everyone complains that they can't run it or that there is a bug.

They haven't decided to push the PC release, or not to release for PC. They set the date, then got an offer to work on an iPad version and accepted, while still keeping the same PC deadline. They took on an extra load of work and still didn't push it back, I'm not feeling snubbed at all here!
  • edited April 2010
    There's this thing called prioritization. When you prioritize one version over another, well, you get the picture. It's pretty simple, really. But maybe you missed it.

As you're probably aware, as a loyal fan, iPad's port is not made by the same team and does not embed all the extra graphic work the computer team is designing. It's not exactly the same UI, it's not the same quality, and no, the whole company wasn't focused on iPad's launch. Proof ? The deadline is still the same.

And I'm a loyal customer. And I wasn't able to get the game earlier when there was the gametap deal (unavailable for foreign countries) and I've never complained about it. Because what matters most is to have a good quality adventure game. Get a life. Or collect stamps (but don't show them to Bernouilli).

Oh, by the way, I'm more of a loyal mac user. And never felt pissed off to see Telltale Games releasing games for PC only. I'm just very happy that it's available on the Mac now. You see how it works ? You'll have what you paid for. If they deliver better, be happier. Period.
  • edited April 2010
    Yohmi wrote: »
    As you're probably aware, as a loyal fan, iPad's port is not made by the same team and does not embed all the extra graphic work the computer team is designing. It's not exactly the same UI, it's not the same quality, and no, the whole company wasn't focused on iPad's launch. Proof ? The deadline is still the same.
    Yare worked on the UI of all versions; Ipad, PC, console... all of them.
    So that's not entirely true...
  • edited April 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    There's your problem right there.

Yep, life sometimes causes plenty of problems. Perhaps I could be happier if I would quit my day job and completely abandon my social life, including the company of fairer sex (cootie infection can be deadly after all). Now I have to call and ask if my mom allows me to move back home. Then I would spend all my time playing computer games and no one could beat me in Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust [evil laugter].
    And that means I'm probably not buying Season 3.

You spend most of your post claiming that you're hardcore fan and you haven't even pre-ordered Season 3. :p
  • edited April 2010
    Civ2boss wrote: »
    People just have this silly notion that getting something first means anything.

That's because it does.

It means you get it first.

>_>
Sign in to comment in this discussion.