The History of Sam & Max: Episode 1 & 2 [Gamepro]

ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
A few weeks ago Gamepro stopped by to interview some of us for their multi-part video feature on the history of Sam & Max, and the first episode went up today. Interesting stuff, you may learn something new :)

http://www.gamepro.com/video/originalseries/140543/sam-max-the-history-of-episode-1/

The first episode deals mostly with the origins and early years of the comic, as well as getting the ball rolling at Lucasarts.

Look who's in the background when Mike Stemmle's interview starts :)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    cool thanks for the linkage shaun
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    "Hey Sam, you're poorly rendered in this frame." Haha... Steve is so mean (but who doesn't love to tease their little bro?). :p

Interesting... in the Q&A, someone asked "Does Sam have a tail?", and Purcell responded:
    I've never looked. I've only drawn him with pants or at least shorts and so I've honestly never checked that area.

But this appeared in the video:

Attachment not found.

I probably think too much.
  • edited April 2010
    Oh, Sal in the Sewers.

It already features some stuff of 302 (or... beyond?)
    ('cause I am pretty sure that wasn't in the trailer, like some of the other future stuff in the movie)
  • edited April 2010
    ...is that majus in the background while stemmle's talking?
  • edited April 2010
    it so is Majus... what an internet celebrity he has become... well at least to us nerds.
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    Woha, freeze the video on 0:31!

Interesting.....
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    it so is Majus... what an internet celebrity he has become... well at least to us nerds.

And he's a great actor, appearing all busy and working... I was almost fooled!
  • edited April 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Interesting... in the Q&A, someone asked "Does Sam have a tail?", and Purcell responded:

But this appeared in the video:

Attachment not found.

I probably think too much.

Well can't you see he's facing the wrong way? Obviously Steve couldn't tell from that angle.
  • edited April 2010
    great video, looking forward to 2nd episode
  • edited April 2010
    Oh, Sal in the Sewers.

It already features some stuff of 302 (or... beyond?)
    ('cause I am pretty sure that wasn't in the trailer, like some of the other future stuff in the movie)

Sal in the sewers and a shot of Papier Waite talking are the only things in the original trailer that wasn't in The Penal Zone.
    edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Obviously Steve couldn't tell from that angle.

I can't decide whether I want Sam to have a tail or not. I definitely want him to be less naked though - ironically, he seems more anthropomorphic without the suit, and it weirds me out a bit. :p
  • edited April 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I can't decide whether I want Sam to have a tail or not. I definitely want him to be less naked though - ironically, he seems more anthropomorphic without the suit, and it weirds me out a bit. :p

Ejem!

Probably it's just the kind of stuff only the fans can remember.
  • edited April 2010
    woah its official!
    edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »

Oh my... for the love of all that's good and pure in the world, why did you do that to me Ginny?? I said I wanted him LESS naked! :p

At least now we know. Good work, detective G.
  • edited April 2010
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Look who's in the background when Mike Stemmle's interview starts

Nice shirt! =)
  • edited April 2010
    Is that a TARDIS USB port on Majus' desk? If it is, I'm extremely jealous. But in a good way.
  • edited April 2010
    Is that a TARDIS USB port on Majus' desk? If it is, I'm extremely jealous. But in a good way.
    Huh.
  • edited April 2010
    Yes. That one.
  • edited April 2010
    Probably it's just the kind of stuff only the fans can remember.
    Or dog obsessed stalkers 0_0
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    In case someone didn't notice, episode 2 has been up for a few days on Gamepro and YouTube.
  • edited May 2010
    thanks!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Did Majus gain weight??? Looks like it! :D
  • edited May 2010
    "The History Of Sam & Max" episodes, which right now is 2 episodes that you can watch is amazing and interesting to follow. :)

Anyone who know how many episodes there will be?
  • edited May 2010
    Ah, Sam&Max history allways makes me...something, I'll figure it out later.
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    Chris23 wrote: »
    Anyone who know how many episodes there will be?
    The caption under this video says four.
  • edited May 2010
    Tor wrote: »
    The caption under this video says four.

Ah great thanks for the info! :)

Didn't notice that. :o
  • edited May 2010

At least in LatinAmerica, there's a legend about you are going to gain yes or yes at least 3 kg more if you are going to stay in USA more than a month. No clue about Europeans, but I'll be not surprised

(Now, if you are kidding, sorry, I'm not)
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    At least in LatinAmerica, there's a legend about you are going to gain yes or yes at least 3 kg more if you are going to stay in USA more than a month. No clue about Europeans, but I'll be not surprised
    I've heard that as an expression in American media; "the camera adds ten pounds."

Edit: I misread your post, of course the expression has nothing to do with that.
  • edited May 2010
    Tor wrote: »
    I've heard that as an expression in American media; "the camera adds ten pounds."

Appart of that.
  • edited May 2010
    I take it you mean that foreigners who stay in the US for an extended period of time can pretty much expect to gain weight?

The exact opposite happened with one of my sister's friends. She never puts on weight no matter what or how much she eats, yet she gained weight when she went to Denmark as a foreign exchange student for a year.
  • edited May 2010
    I take it you mean that foreigners who stay in the US for an extended period of time can pretty much expect to gain weight?

The exact opposite happened with one of my sister's friends. She never puts on weight no matter what or how much she eats, yet she gained weight when she went to Denmark as a foreign exchange student for a year.

I guess is because the change on the Diet. Here's in Chile (And Argentina looks like) we have an excess of Sugar and Salt, but we lack on Fiber, which translates to have people with Diabetes at young age (I don't eat sugar anymore because my dad has diabetes. Just in case). I don't know how the Diet in US is, but one of my friends, which went in a exchange too, always told me all the weight he gained there he lost it when he came back.
  • edited May 2010

He lives in America now... you have to gain weight here or we kick you out... DUH!!

edit

LOL at Boobs: an artistic discussion in the second video at the 2:11 mark
  • edited May 2010
    Hey thanks, I didn't know and just saw the 2nd episode of the Sam & Max history. I liked it...but WHAT? They didn't even mention the '97 animated series!? How could you leave that out?
  • edited May 2010
    They even featured my "Grab Your Rabbit!!!"-sticker... yay!
    edited May 2010
    Thanks to the "beans" ventriloquism joke in The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, I'll now never be able to look at Mike Stemmle without seeing a 10-year-old boy in a man's body.
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    Did anyone notice Sal at 0:07 seconds in the 2nd movie :o
  • edited July 2010
    part 3 is available now
  • edited July 2010
    Shauntron wrote: »
    A few weeks ago Gamepro stopped by to interview some of us for their multi-part video feature on the history of Sam & Max, and the first episode went up today. Interesting stuff, you may learn something new :)
    I fully expect to see these in high def on the Sam & Max Season 3 DVD. MAKE IT HAPPEN. Plz. :]
Sign in to comment in this discussion.