Funniest Moment ep. 2 (spoilers, goes without saying actually)

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
Mine was in the begining with the molewoman and the hieroglyphics.

Molewoman : A yea a foot a snake two skwigles and a bird.
Sameth : and how do you say that in ancient egyptian?
Molewoman : Fut, Snek, Skwigl, Skwigl, Burd

Comments

• edited May 2010
    The 'cutting the cucumber lengthways' got me bursting into laughter after a while.
    Good job, telltale. =P
  • edited May 2010
    Sameth suggesting point and click adventures as a toy idea made me laugh so hard. The timing and everything was perfect.
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Sameth suggesting point and click adventures as a toy idea made me laugh so hard. The timing and everything was perfect.

And the total silence after he suggests a point and click game... Bloody brilliant! :D
  • edited May 2010
    The awkward silence due to the music cutting out all of a sudden right after Sam said it only made it worse... :D

EDIT: Geeez, great minds DO think alike... ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    The awkward silence due to the music cutting out all of a sudden right after Sam said it only made it worse... :D

EDIT: Geeez, great minds DO think alike... ;)

Indeed my friend, indeed... :cool:
  • edited May 2010
    Haha yeah, I loved the silence as well. That was a part of the "everything" I wrote in my statement.
  • edited May 2010
    "I didn't know you had a thing for elves! You think you know a guy..."
  • edited May 2010
    can't remember the exact words, but more or less :

Max : I can't hear what they're saying
    Sam : That's because it's a silent movie, little buddy, shot before the invention of vocal cords.

Oh, and the adventure games one too, obviously ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Using the bust on the cow, made me lol
  • edited May 2010
    Kringle's string of complaining while he's on the ground is something I want as a ring tone. :D
  • edited May 2010
    Sameth panicking when Maximus first turns into a cow is funny.
    "NO, NO, NO! COWS DON'T EAT COOKIES!"
    "IT'S NO USE, COWS CAN'T READ!"
    "NO! NO, FER THE LOVE OF GOD, NOOOO!"

And the egyptian comics... "You can tell she's mad because of the scorpions crawling out of her eyes", and of course, cutting cucumbers lengthwise. And fut, snek, skwigl, skwigl, burd.

And a lot more that I just can't remember right now... Either way, ingenius episode overall. : )
  • edited May 2010
    ^ And when the same happens on train reel, Sam says "no, no, for the love of god, no" in a totally calm voice. :D (yet those other lines are still the same, kind of hilarious)

And I agree, the 'point-and-click adventure games" one was the best! And that cucumber joke totally got me after a while. :)

Also, I liked the scene in the tomb when you were turned into a wall-painting, it got some great parts. Like when Max started singing-
    Guardians: "SILENCE!"
    Max: D:

Wish i remembered the exact lines, I could mention tons of more. :D The beginning of the first reel was hilarious, too.
  • edited May 2010
    "You should've seen what she was trying to do with my ears" got a pretty hearty chuckle from me.
  • edited May 2010
    I was impressed by the delivery of Sameth's lines in his initial reaction to Cow Maximus. It really shows how much Nowlin has improved since Season One!

...I also laughed every time Jurgen opened his door on the train.

"Yeeeeeeees?"
  • edited May 2010
    The molegirl's love letter was great. I also loved Grandpa Moleman's reaction when you use Max's voice on the sarcophagus.
  • edited May 2010
    "How many elves you got in there?"
    "At last count? A hundred and fifty three, point five."
    "Point five?"
    "Gary the third level paladin is only half-elf."
  • edited May 2010
    "Why can't we all just get along, Sameth?"
    "Because most of us are assholes, little buddy."

The clown-horn bleeping made it for me for that line. My humour is too juvenile.
  • edited May 2010
    The 'cutting the cucumber lengthways' got me bursting into laughter after a while.
    Good job, telltale. =P

Did you see the cucumber cut lengthwise, near ending? XD
  • edited May 2010
    The love letter that reads in part "someday we'll be together in a place where Geramns and Moles are free to kiss" but I guess that's just because Jergen ends up there anwsering phones..."FOR ETERNITY"!

Oh and did anyone notice that phoneticly the summoning incantation was pig latin for "Come on in the Water's fine!"
  • edited May 2010
    Hehe. I think TTG realised that too, making it the only option you can repeat (which I obviously did about 5 times).
  • edited May 2010
    Hehe. I think TTG realised that too, making it the only option you can repeat (which I obviously did about 5 times).
    Thanks!
  • edited May 2010
    The guardians' reaction to the cucumber joke (and how it turns out to be the correct answer to the riddle) was my favorite.
  • edited May 2010
    Majus wrote: »
    Thanks!
    So, who made that up?

And what did Yare think of it? After all, he spend so much time defending the new control system...
  • edited May 2010
    So, who made that up?

And what did Yare think of it? After all, he spend so much time defending the new control system...

I believe Andy Hartzell came up with the idea, I did the visuals, and I dont know what Yare thinks… Yare?
  • edited May 2010
    You did the choreography? Great job!
  • edited May 2010
    I did the visuals
    Good work. *thumbs up*

Also, I noticed you guys were no longer listed as "Interns" (just Nikki) which was still the case with 301. Congrats I guess (unless they just forgot to credit you properly).
  • edited May 2010
    I believe Andy Hartzell came up with the idea, I did the visuals, and I dont know what Yare thinks… Yare?

I remember the joke from Reality 2.0 (Sybil dialogue). But it never gets old. I laughed again.
  • edited May 2010
    I did the visuals

The timing was perfect. Congrats ^^!
  • edited May 2010

slushie works for lucas arts.
  • aHartzellaHartzell Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    The timing was perfect. Congrats ^^!

I completely agree--what made that joke work so well was the timing, and the way the background music cut out. I burst out laughing myself the first time I saw it, and I usually don't laugh at my own jokes.
  • edited May 2010
    For me my favorite jokes were when you milk Maximus and when Maximus accuses Sameth of being the robber. I also liked the dialog options in the final dialog with that precocious little scamp Baby Amelia Earhart.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    Kringle's string of complaining while he's on the ground is something I want as a ring tone. :D

Props to the voice actor on that one, Terence McGovern. I believe he actually made up all that stuff on the fly. The sound guys were pleasantly surprised to find out his entire improvisation made it into the final game.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    I couldn't stop laughing at Max's whole "beans" spiel with Sam and the ventriloquism. Perfect capture of what any responsible adult would do with a sacred psychic power. :p

There were a bunch of others that cracked me up too (yay for Andy and Majus on the adventure games), but that one particularly sticks in my mind because I'm a little embarrassed to be so juvenile.
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I couldn't stop laughing at Max's whole "beans" spiel with Sam and the ventriloquism. Perfect capture of what any responsible adult would do with a sacred psychic power. :p

There were a bunch of others that cracked me up too (yay for Andy and Majus on the adventure games), but that one particularly sticks in my mind because I'm a little embarrassed to be so juvenile.

It's okay. I feel like I got more of a kick out of that joke than I should have, too. :p

Heck, I outright abused the psychic ventriloquism on Sameth. Pretty much everything Maximus made him say was golden.

And while I'm on the subject, a quick question: Is the camera supposed to be tracking Sameth's head movement sometimes when I'm using ventriloquism on him? (I have a good guess as to why if the answer is "yes" ... )
  • aHartzellaHartzell Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Credit (or blame) goes to Mike Stemmle for the "beans" spiel.
  • edited May 2010
    yeah, the whole Point and click adventure games was the funniest part of it. which is of course why I went and did it every time I went to real 1.
  • edited May 2010
    Milking Maximus made me very uncomfortable, even though I knew it had to be done - when Sameth expressed the same feeling, it cracked me up good :)
  • edited May 2010
    "Yeees?". It sounds so funny, I could listen to it all day.
  • edited May 2010
    langley wrote: »
    Props to the voice actor on that one, Terence McGovern. I believe he actually made up all that stuff on the fly. The sound guys were pleasantly surprised to find out his entire improvisation made it into the final game.

He what?! That's awesome! I definately want an isolated master clip now as my ringtone, and I don't care what I have to do to get it!
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, I love Jurgen, definetly went up the list of favourites after this episode.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.