Questions about ep. 2/ Paperweight didcussion

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I actually thought while I was playing episode 2 that Jurgen was Sammun-Mak's descendent due to the buck teeth. Who knows, maybe Papierwaite, Jurgen and any other Yog-Soggoth cultists are distantly related to Sammun-Mak and they are trying to fulfill their ancetors destiny.
  • edited May 2010
    I quite liked Mr. Papierwaite. He reminded me a lot of Coronado De Cava from Tales of Monkey Island. This is probably due to him having similar movements and the same voice actor (at least I'm quite sure it's the same voice actor).
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    I quite liked Mr. Papierwaite. He reminded me a lot of Coronado De Cava from Tales of Monkey Island. This is probably due to him having similar movements and the same voice actor (at least I'm quite sure it's the same voice actor).

Yep, really liked Papierwaite. Good job on writing him, TTG. Must've been tricky to make him work.

And yeah, pretty sure Andrew Chaikin voiced him.
  • edited May 2010
    I think the real main villain will be the narrator. Can't wait to the moment when S&M meet him in person! :D
  • edited May 2010
    For some reason, I really like Papierwaite's design. I've got the strange urge to draw him :p
  • edited May 2010
    If you mess up at the ending, they end up killing sammeth as the final step of the summoning. I'm guessing maximus didn't want to sacrifice sammeth, so it never finished.
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Probably not Cthulhu but "Yog-Sogoth" himself: after all, "Yog-Sothoth" was the name of another Elder God, much akin to Cthulhu, in the Lovecraft mythos.
    That's my thinking as well. Are the Lovecraft stuff still under copyright? If so, that may be why they changed the name (or maybe they just wanted to parody the Lovecraft mythos without copying the names verbatim)
  • edited May 2010
    I beleive most of Lovecraft is public domain, I'm 99% sure Cthulhu is.
  • edited May 2010
    Shemp wrote: »
    I think the real main villain will be the narrator. Can't wait to the moment when S&M meet him in person! :D

Actually, that's what I've been thinking too. Maybe Yog Soggoth is capable of taking on a human form, and the narrator's strange appearence is the result.
  • edited May 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Yeah! Papier is the best S&M character since Jurgen's debut in 203!

...hmm...what about "Specs: the Dominator" from 205?

He at least beats Papier in that category...
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Some of our earlier posts here may have been on the coy side. To be a bit more clear, Papierwaite's visual look is based on a Telltale staffer (me!)

http://www.telltalegames.com/company/ourteam/joeldreskin

http://img514.imageshack.us/i/joelmrpapierwaite3.jpg/

Speak freely of course on likes/dislikes of the Papierwaite character ... restraint on the 'funny looking' sentiments are appreciated ;)

It's still not completely clear to me what inspired the path for basing this character's look on my appearance.
  • edited May 2010
    You're pretty funny-looking. It must be an honour to have a game character based on you. Also slightly weird :)
  • edited May 2010
    papierwaite is the single most attractive video game character I have ever seen.
  • edited May 2010
    You're doing it wrong. It should be:

Papierwaite is the second most attractive video game character I have ever seen. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Is it just me or does papierwaite not look and sound kinda like a young version of the narrator?
  • edited May 2010
    Am I the only one who's noticed the magic words are Pig Latin for "come on in, the water's fine!"
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Papierwaite's visual look is based on a Telltale staffer (me!)

Were you asked to model for Papierwaite, or did the artists just start sneaking around your desk a lot?
    edited May 2010
    I did no posing. I was called over to Ryan Jones' desk one day to check out a new character design. And it wasn't immediately clear to me what I was seeing there :P
  • edited May 2010
    Where did you get your hat?
    Do you speak that way too? (And what's his accent supposed to be anyways?)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    I like the way Joel specified that the "visual look" of Papierwaite is based on him... the subtext there is "I am totally not a crazy cultist who has no compunction about manipulating and/or killing others in my quest to summon an ancient deity."

Sure Joel, SURE. :rolleyes:
    edited May 2010
    No, my voice isn't like that character's. I believe it's French.

That hat came from a local shop (originally from Turkey I think)
    edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I like the way Joel specified that the "visual look" of Papierwaite is based on him... the subtext there is "I am totally not a crazy cultist who has no compunction about manipulating and/or killing others in my quest to summon an ancient deity."

Sure Joel, SURE. :rolleyes:

I didn't say _that_

I'm sure the window of this fleeting glimpse of notoriety is nearly closed.

Enjoy the game! There's more Papierwaite to come in future episodes.
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks. I'm curious because I tried to guess where he was from, and I wasn't sure between Middle-Eastern and North African.
    A French accent, along with the whole Egypt setting, would make sense for North Africa I guess.

Of course, he might just be an alien.
  • edited May 2010
    I like thinking that he's Moroccan.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.