Soda Poppers Appreciation Thread

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
How come no one appreciates these guys? I certainly hope they come back this season.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    You... are.... kidding me :|
  • edited May 2010
    I loved the soda poppers, but I know this will be a target for a lot of flames so...

*sits back and grabs popcorn*
  • edited May 2010
    This will be very entertaining...
  • edited May 2010
    They had their 11 episodes of fame. I don't hate them, but I don't think they should return, it would be annoying.
  • edited May 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    They had their 11 episodes of fame. I don't hate them, but I don't think they should return, it would be annoying.

They were only in 5 of them directly.
  • edited May 2010
    Sammy wrote: »
    How come no one appreciates these guys? I certainly hope they come back this season.
    A fine jest, sir. Your sarcasm is oh so biting! :p

Haha no. I think they were obscenely terrible characters and I'm glad to see the back of them. Bringing them back would be.... well I probably wouldn't stop playing the games altogether, but I'd be mightily disgusted.
  • edited May 2010
    I like them...
  • edited May 2010
    I really really dislike the **** Poppers. There's something about their horribly stunted bodies that makes me want to harm local wildlife. Especially Peepers. I find his very existence to be unholy and vile. It's the eyes and their lack of lids. Horrible.
  • edited May 2010
    Soda Poppers Appreciation Thread!? They are the single thing I despise the most about Sam & Max Seasons 1 and 2. I was so glad to see them burn in hell.
  • edited May 2010
    Slushie: You gotta be kidding.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Soda Poppers Appreciation Thread!? They are the single thing I despise the most about Sam & Max Seasons 1 and 2. I was so glad to see them burn in hell.

Come on, sing the Soda Poppers song...
  • edited May 2010
    No, NOO! No... no, no, no, no, no, no.
  • edited May 2010
    I hope these guys never come back
  • edited May 2010
    Yes! I'm glad to have you on my side, Highway :).

Oh my, Hubert. Cover your signature!
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes! I'm glad to have you on my side, Highway :).

Oh my, Hubert. Cover your signature!

I'm the best person anyone could have on their side due to my celebrity-status!

That signature is shameful. COVER YOUR SHAME!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I loved the soda poppers, but I know this will be a target for a lot of flames so...
    Well, the Poppers WERE a target for a lot of flames.
    In fact, that's how they died. :D
  • edited May 2010
    I highly appreciate that they are dead now!

Come on everyone, follow up!

Little Peepers, Specs, and Whizzer
    toiling at the soda works....
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I liked the characters, but hated their voices since it was adult men trying to sound like little boys (like Screech from Saved by The Bell after he hit puberty).

But I'd enjoy seeing the Soda Poppers when they actually were kids (as long as they actually sounded like kids). :)
  • edited June 2010
    Everytime they showed up completing that part of whatever puzzle I was in became a chore and not an enjoyment...
    And when they appeared in 205 and it was revealed they were the villains I thought "Soda Poppers... uhmm... time to take a little break from the game.. I'll continue tomorrow..."
    But I couldn't bring myself to play it the next day and took me a week until I completed the episode... Everytime I thought about playing the thought of having to stand the poppers turned my mind off it... They're annoying, and not annyoing in a funny way (like Jimmy Two-Teeth) they're just... annoying and boring... Can't even make me smirk...
  • edited June 2010
    SubSidal wrote: »
    Everytime they showed up completing that part of whatever puzzle I was in became a chore and not an enjoyment...
    And when they appeared in 205 and it was revealed they were the villains I thought "Soda Poppers... uhmm... time to take a little break from the game.. I'll continue tomorrow..."
    But I couldn't bring myself to play it the next day and took me a week until I completed the episode... Everytime I thought about playing the thought of having to stand the poppers turned my mind off it... They're annoying, and not annyoing in a funny way (like Jimmy Two-Teeth) they're just... annoying and boring... Can't even make me smirk...

This sort of sums up my hatred but at least I can finish a game with them polluting it.
  • edited June 2010
    **** Poppers, more than jerks!
  • edited June 2010
    I liked the Soda Poppers, but they were definitely starting to wear out their welcome. I liked them while they were there, and their big reveal in 205 was excellent, but no more of them is needed.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.