[Jurassic Park quotes thread] Dodgson...

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Spared No expense
  • edited April 2011
    "I have a theory that there are two kinds of boys. There are those that want to be astronomers, and those that want to be astronauts. The astronomer, or the paleontologist, gets to study these amazing things from a place of complete safety."
  • edited April 2011
    "I have a theory that there are two kinds of boys. There are those that want to be astronomers, and those that want to be astronauts. The astronomer, or the paleontologist, gets to study these amazing things from a place of complete safety."

"But then you never get to go out into space."

That was a great lead up to one of my favorite scenes in the movie showing all those dinosaurs on the shore. The movie needed more moments like that.
  • edited April 2011
    to bad that movie wasnt worthy for even half a star
  • edited April 2011
    "But then you never get to go out into space."

That was a great lead up to one of my favorite scenes in the movie showing all those dinosaurs on the shore. The movie needed more moments like that.

"Exactly. That's the difference between imagining and seeing: to be able to touch them. And that's... that's all that Billy wanted."

I agree. It was a great scene and I wish the movie had more scenes of that calibur.

I also liked the scene where Grant is doing the Q&A and when it's mentioned that he's not talking about Jurassic Park or the San Diego incident, ninety percent of the hands go down.
  • edited April 2011
    I also liked the scene where Grant is doing the Q&A and when it's mentioned that he's not talking about Jurassic Park or the San Diego incident, ninety percent of the hands go down.

that was hilarious to be honest i would be one of those people that put their hands down
  • edited April 2011
    No force on heaven or earth could get me on that island... except for a blank check
  • edited April 2011
    No force on heaven or earth could get me on that island... except for a blank check

from a plumbing service owner
  • edited April 2011
    that was hilarious to be honest i would be one of those people that put their hands down

Well, if the guest speaker was someone who survived an adventure upon an exotic island populated with dinosaurs with little to no defense against the creatures themselves, I imagine most people would ask a few questions regarding the subject matter.

Oh, Dr. Grant... Forever labelled as that 'Jurassic Park guy'.

"Maybe just looking for new nesting grounds. It's a whole new world for them."
  • edited April 2011
    Well, if the guest speaker was someone who survived an adventure upon an exotic island populated with dinosaurs with little to no defense against the creatures themselves, I imagine most people would ask a few questions regarding the subject matter.

"Maybe just looking for new nesting grounds. It's a whole new world for them."

"I dare them to nest in Oklahoma."
    Is the state ritE?
    BTW I preordered the game, or at least the money was taken off my card, and it says i havnt bought anything, is that normal?
  • edited April 2011

if hes jurassic park guys whats malcoms label?
  • edited April 2011
    if hes jurassic park guys whats malcoms label?

Chaos Theory Man.

...which coincidentally sounds like a superhero name.
    "I dare them to nest in Oklahoma."
    Is the state ritE?

"I dare 'em to nest in Enid, Oklahoma"

Yeah, the state's right.
    BTW I preordered the game, or at least the money was taken off my card, and it says i havnt bought anything, is that normal?

Might take some time for the transaction to go through.
  • edited April 2011
    rofl his motto will be "you cant predict what i'll do next!!!!"
  • edited April 2011
    Chaos Theory Man.

...which coincidentally sounds like a superhero name.

Thats because Ian Malcom is a super hero why do you think he wears all black thats his costume.

His power is to see into the future. (he still hates always being right)
  • edited April 2011
    rofl his motto will be "you cant predict what i'll do next!!!!"

Catchy.
    RaptorsRwk wrote: »
    Thats because Ian Malcom is a super hero why do you think he wears all black thats his costume.

His power is to see into the future. (he still hates always being right)

He's doing a horrible job at keeping his true identity a secret. I do, however, applaud his choice of a cape-less superhero outfit; capes are nothing but trouble.

He can see into the future and yet neglected to warn the individuals that would soon meet a grisly demise? What a hero. A true role model for all children to look up to.

"No, Charlie, those are herbavores, they... wouldn't be fighting with each other."
  • edited April 2011
    Catchy.

He can see into the future and yet neglected to warn the individuals that would soon meet a grisly demise? What a hero. A true role model for all children to look up to.

Thats just the kind of guy he is. Plus if he went around fixing everything before it happened then what kind of hero would he be. Nobody would know of his heroic actions.

"Alan he's three. Let's wait until he's five."
  • edited April 2011
    Thats just the kind of guy he is. Plus if he went around fixing everything before it happened then what kind of hero would he be.

*cough*Someone like the main protagonist of Back to the Future?*cough*

"Now, these, these are carnivores and they really like fighting with each other. They'll use their teeth and claws to rip each other's throats out."

Yes, I know this line comes before Ellie's; I'm mentioning it anyway.
  • edited April 2011
    *cough*Someone like the main protagonist of Back to the Future?*cough*

Exactly nobody knew what they had done but remember Chaos Theory Man loves recognition. (and besides he tries to tell people but no one ever listens"

"You know I beg people to listen to me. I use plain simple english I don't have any accent that i'm aware of..."
  • edited April 2011
    Exactly nobody knew what they had done but remember Chaos Theory Man loves recognition. (and besides he tries to tell people but no one ever listens"

Good point. By this logic, would the Tyrannosaurus Rex be considered as the supervillain while the Raptors as the henchmen?

"Those things know we have the eggs. If I drop them in the river, they'll still be after us."
  • edited April 2011
    Good point. By this logic, would the Tyrannosaurus Rex be considered as the supervillain while the Raptors as the henchmen?

"Those things know we have the eggs. If I drop them in the river, they'll still be after us."

I feel like the raptors are the supervillians (brains) while the Rex is the henchman (brawn)
  • edited April 2011
    I feel like the raptors are the supervillians (brains) while the Rex is the henchman (brawn)

Well, the raptors can open doors...

"I have never been on this island."
  • edited April 2011
    Well, the raptors can open doors...

And form effective strategies for catching prey using a sophisticated form of communication. As well as fool people that they are just a head in a jar. And smile.

"Do you remember the sounds they made?"

"I try not to."
  • edited April 2011
    "Sure ya have. You wrote that book!"
  • edited April 2011
    "That was Isla Nublar, this is Isla Sorna."
  • edited April 2011
    "Wait so there are two islands with dinosaurs on them?"
  • edited April 2011
    "This is T-Rex pee?"
  • edited April 2011
    "Now that's two things we have in common."

That line made me geniunely smile.
  • edited April 2011
    "This is T-Rex pee?"

"Mhmm"

"How did you get it"

"You don't wanna know"

And before hand

"Careful with that, T-rex, scares most of the small ones away but attracts one really big one with a fin."
  • edited April 2011
    "Well, the world has changed so radically and we're all running to catch up. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but look: Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by sixty-five million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?"
  • edited April 2011
    "Well, the world has changed so radically and we're all running to catch up. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but look: Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by sixty-five million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?"

"I don't believe it, Ha, I dont believe it, you too are supposed to be defending me from these too characters and the only one I have on my side is the blood-sucking lawyer!"

"...Thankyou..."
  • edited April 2011
    "Ian, freeze!"
  • edited April 2011
    "Ian, freeze!"

"Get the kids and GET THEM OUT OF HERE!"
  • edited April 2011
    " I'm always looking for the next ex-Mrs. Malcom"
  • edited April 2011
    "Get the kids and GET THEM OUT OF HERE!"

"Get rid of the flare!"
  • edited April 2011
    "Get rid of the flare!"

Is that what he says?
  • edited April 2011
    Is that what he says?

Yes, why?

"How long before they become comatose?"
  • edited April 2011
    " you're no better than the people who built this place"
  • edited April 2011
    Yes, why?

"How long before they become comatose?"

Never knew fully what he said there.
  • edited April 2011
    Never knew fully what he said there.

Really? Well, I suppose he sort of pronounces 'flare' in a strange way.

"Turn off the light. Turn off the light."
  • edited April 2011
    "Did you find him?"
    "Just the parts they didn't like"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.