New 304 Screenshots: Take 1

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Ooh. Spoilery. Not really much to reveal about anything in the episode, looks like they just hold out in Stinky's, however.
  • edited July 2010
    This going to be a Zombie Apocalypse or something! I guess

I like the Grampa Stinky's Shotgun!
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah I agree, it's got that zombie apocalypse vibe going for it! 28 Sams Later or somthin'!
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    This going to be a Zombie Apocalypse or something! I guess

Left 4 Sam?

Hmm...

SIGN ME UP.
  • edited July 2010
    YES! I was hoping that this episode would be a horror movie parody! *happy dance*
  • edited July 2010
    I wonder if there is anything to the fact that they're numbered in the titles rather than described.

Edit: And now they do.
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Left 4 Sam?

Hmm...

SIGN ME UP.

Some one better say "pills here!"
  • edited July 2010
    Mmmmm, yummy.
  • edited July 2010
    Grandpa Stinky+gun=awesome. :D
    Maybe I'm happy to see someone else with one. I just hope they don't shoot the naked Sams! They may be naked (apart from underwear) and possibly evil, but I hope they don't die! Maybe just disappear?
  • edited July 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    I honestly can't wait to see Grandpa Stinky in full-on "war mode". That screenshot alone is enough to make him one of my favorite characters. Please don't make me wait until the 27th, Telltale!
  • edited July 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    I honestly can't wait to see Grandpa Stinky in full-on "war mode". That screenshot alone is enough to make him one of my favorite characters. Please don't make me wait until the 27th, Telltale!

Also something tells me he will not distinguish (or care) Sam from the other clones. So, my guess, that there0ll be a puzzle involving getting to or getting something from stinky's without Grandpa Stonky shooting our fav. canine's ehad...
  • edited July 2010
    I need someone to help me out with screenshot 1: That's a hand with 4 fingers right? In front of Max I mean.

Edit: Wait, that hand can be from a Sam's Clone, but it's has a glove or it's just my imagination helped with the lights?
  • edited July 2010
    Are we finally getting the Sam and Max FPS they so deserve?
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I need someone to help me out with screenshot 1: That's a hand with 4 fingers right? In front of Max I mean.

Edit: Wait, that hand can be from a Sam's Clone, but it's has a glove or it's just my imagination helped with the lights?

It's a Sam clone hand, but the actual hand is in the shadows.
  • edited July 2010
    max gets Grandpa Stinky gun :eek: epic
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN:
    Erm... I don't know, maybe? It could be a glove, or just a horrible mishap. For the person's hand.
  • edited July 2010
    Sam clones? Or one Sam clone that has bitten hundreds of New Yorkers, turning them into more Sam clones?
  • edited July 2010
    Holy crap! Stinky's gone POSTAL!

Guess this is where his happy moment comes in, he gets to kill Sam over and over and over
  • MRNMRN
    edited July 2010
    Wow, the 3rd image changed!!!

Sam was on the other side of the room :eek:
  • edited July 2010
    Oh yeah! And their named now... huh weird...
  • edited July 2010
    :eek: These screenshots are so awesome!! For some strange, strange reason the 3rd screenshot (Grandpa Stinky with shotgun aiming at Clone Sams while Sam & Max stare) reminds me of Call of Duty World at War Zombies @_@
  • edited July 2010
    Who else has a feeling that we're finally going to get to enter the Stinky's kitchen?
  • edited July 2010
    Do we want to even go there? I am curious, but a giant cockroach has been there. Grandpa Stinky wasn't allowed in there because of something Stinky was hiding. Actually, forget that, I want to go in!!
  • edited July 2010
    Also something tells me he will not distinguish (or care) Sam from the other clones.
    He's not (almost) naked?

Seems easy enough a distinction :p
  • edited July 2010
    He's not (almost) naked?

I can already hear Grandpa Stinky's reaction. "Ye think ye can just dress up different than th' rest of them and waltz on in, do ye? I'm not fallin' for that, lad!"
  • edited July 2010
    I think that even if you can shot the Sam clones (dolls?) either it won't stop them or more will just keep coming.
  • edited July 2010
    So, let's see. 301 was a scifi parody, 302 an adventure flick ala Indy, 303 was noir-tactic and 304 is setting up to be a zombie flick or B-grade horror. Wonder what the finale will riff off of. Any guesses?
  • edited July 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Maybe I'm happy to see someone else with one. I just hope they don't shoot the naked Sams! They may be naked (apart from underwear) and possibly evil, but I hope they don't die! Maybe just disappear?

Well if they do die by being shot, you probably won't see them die. If they were to shoot down every single Sam and we'd all see it, Telltale would be pushing this episode to an M rating.
  • edited July 2010
    So, let's see. 301 was a scifi parody, 302 an adventure flick ala Indy, 303 was noir-tactic and 304 is setting up to be a zombie flick or B-grade horror. Wonder what the finale will riff off of. Any guesses?
    Horror. Call of Chtlulu (or however you spell it) etc.
    Having a villain that's basically the same demontype helps :D.
    Well if they do die by being shot, you probably won't see them die. If they were to shoot down every single Sam and we'd all see it, Telltale would be pushing this episode to an M rating.
    Sam: "I can't shoot someone that handsome" ;)
  • edited July 2010

For what we can guess, I say something of a doomsday flick...
    He's not (almost) naked?

Well, knowing Grandpa Stinky, I think he wouldn't mind to shoot the REAL Sam in the head.

Also, is just me or the third picture changed?
  • edited July 2010
    Also, is just me or the third picture changed?

It's not just you. Unless it's just both of us.
  • edited July 2010
    Whaddya mean changed?
  • edited July 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Whaddya mean changed?

There was originally a different shot of G-pa Stinky and his gun.
  • edited July 2010
    Aw man, I guess I was too late to see it.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow, I'd call this a parody of "Night of the Living Dead". This is Telltale's last chance for a musical number!
  • edited July 2010
    episode 4 looks like shrivel horror film fling
    while episode 5 looks like giant monster/doomsday flick
  • edited July 2010
    kane wrote: »
    episode 4 looks like shrivel horror film fling
    while episode 5 looks like giant monster/doomsday flick

I think Episode 4 looks like an episode where to get to new locations, we run instead of take the Desoto.
  • edited July 2010
    Yes, like GinnyN (ans several others) said, this is certainly looking Zombie Apocalypse-y; perhaps it will be what 'Night of the Raving Dead' should have been. I hope that the majority of the game takes place with the main characters locked inside Stinky's, surrounded by zombie-like Sam clones and fighting off (shooting the crap out of) the ones that attempt to enter.
  • edited July 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    perhaps it will be what 'Night of the Raving Dead' should have been.

Yep, from the day that I saw the first screenshots I said that it's not "Night of the Raving Dead" if it's daytime on the street and night at the castle. And that there's no zombies trying to eat everyone, it's just not ethical.
  • edited July 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes, like GinnyN (ans several others) said, this is certainly looking Zombie Apocalypse-y; perhaps it will be what 'Night of the Raving Dead' should have been. I hope that the majority of the game takes place with the main characters locked inside Stinky's, surrounded by zombie-like Sam clones and fighting off (shooting the crap out of) the ones that attempt to enter.

Excepts those "zombies" are saying "toooyyyssss" instead of "braaaaiiinnnnsss".

Anyway, Mr. Stemmle posted the Title Card in the Private Forum. I'm not going to post it here for almost obvious reasons, but the title card doesn't look to me a lot like a zombie flick. To me looks a bit more like... well, not terror.

Thanks to that, I'm starting to think this episode is going to be somewhat like "They Stole Max's Brain" in the way at first is going to be certain theme ("Noir") and then goes to something different but at the same time related (Like, 303 was about put Sam and Max in situations they aren't normally, which was forcing Sam to be (a lot) less laid back and Max to be the sane one for once). So, maybe the Zombie Apocalypse-y is going to be only for the first part and then something different but, somehow, related in the next part. Who knows.
    (Ok, I know Telltale knows, but I'm talking about us)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.