New 304 Screenshots: Take 1

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Something about the screenshots is kinda..off. If the Sam Clones were made to find the toys, then wouldn't they be reaching for Max? If so, when he's in easy reach of one of them, why is Max not being grabbed? Could it be they're not after Max, but someone else?
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Excepts those "zombies" are saying "toooyyyssss" instead of "braaaaiiinnnnsss".

Anyway, Mr. Stemmle posted the Title Card in the Private Forum. I'm not going to post it here for almost obvious reasons, but the title card doesn't look to me a lot like a zombie flick. To me looks a bit more like... well, not terror.

Thanks to that, I'm starting to think this episode is going to be somewhat like "They Stole Max's Brain" in the way at first is going to be certain theme ("Noir") and then goes to something different but at the same time related (Like, 303 was about put Sam and Max in situations they aren't normally, which was forcing Sam to be (a lot) less laid back and Max to be the sane one for once). So, maybe the Zombie Apocalypse-y is going to be only for the first part and then something different but, somehow, related in the next part. Who knows.
    (Ok, I know Telltale knows, but I'm talking about us)

I'm thinking the "something different" in question will be Max growing huge, squashing all the Sam clones, then going on a rampage. Can't wait to see him shoot Sam clones though!
  • edited July 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Something about the screenshots is kinda..off. If the Sam Clones were made to find the toys, then wouldn't they be reaching for Max? If so, when he's in easy reach of one of them, why is Max not being grabbed? Could it be they're not after Max, but someone else?

If I remember the end of 303 correctly, Max doesn't have any toys at the moment. Those were removed by Sammun-Mak. Also, Papierwaite and Skun-ka'pe were collecting the toys by using magic, so, maybe, some of those toys finish off scattered around the city.

Anyway, the Clones could go after the Toybox, but probably Sam will grab it and run away with Max from those imposters the faster he can. I guess.
  • edited July 2010
    or sam is the target
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I think Episode 4 looks like an episode where to get to new locations, we run instead of take the Desoto.

Mike Stemmle said in the countdown thread something bad will happen to the DeSoto, anyway.
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Mike Stemmle said in the countdown thread something bad will happen to the DeSoto, anyway.

Oh God! Someone save the C.O.P.S.!!!
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »

And now I'm almost convinced this is directly related to whatever's going on in the "sams" screenshot! The fiends! :eek:
  • edited July 2010
    Anyway, Mr. Stemmle posted the Title Card in the Private Forum. I'm not going to post it here for almost obvious reasons, but the title card doesn't look to me a lot like a zombie flick. To me looks a bit more like... well, not terror.

The title card for 303 doesnt look noir either. "They stole Max's Brain!" in big green letters, with the little brain icon and the exclamation mark its more from a B-ScFi movie.
  • edited July 2010
    Is it sad that that the first thing I thought of when I saw Stinky was Bill?
  • edited July 2010
    Originally Posted by queen_of_the_lobsters
    Oh God! someone save the C.O.P.S.!!!

Its the desoto I am worried about. If Bluster Blaster was there, then save them too, but he is not.

Actually, save all of them, the C.O.P.S. fans will be after me for saying that...
  • edited July 2010

They're both old men with guns.
  • edited July 2010
    Woah, Grandpa Stinky with a shotgun, that's new!
  • edited July 2010
    How did I know they would have to shoot the clones?
  • edited July 2010
    Ignatius wrote: »
    The title card for 303 doesnt look noir either. "They stole Max's Brain!" in big green letters, with the little brain icon and the exclamation mark its more from a B-ScFi movie.

That's what I'm saying: That title card was better for the tone of the second part than the tone of the first part. That why I'm wondering.
  • edited July 2010
    You know that the only way of escaping the diner is trough the secret passage that leads to the sewer! (Remember 301: That's a question for another episode, Max!)
  • edited July 2010
    no Somme one shave the DeSoto
  • edited July 2010
    But then Stinky would die!
  • edited July 2010
    If I see some Sams around here, it's gonna be a one man canine detective apocalypse.

Sorry for double post.
  • edited July 2010

Personally, he reminded me of a Francis/Bill hybrid...
  • edited July 2010
    Personally, he reminded me of a Francis/Bill hybrid...

"I hate mindless, cloned, lawyer dogs."
  • edited July 2010
    Tbh, I thought it looked more like Killing Floor.

Bosco:They're all dead! It's time to go shopping fools!
  • edited July 2010
    So, let's see. 301 was a scifi parody, 302 an adventure flick ala Indy, 303 was noir-tactic and 304 is setting up to be a zombie flick or B-grade horror. Wonder what the finale will riff off of. Any guesses?

My guesses are that finale is a parody of some court room drama or Kubrikc's Space Odyssey.

All we know is that
    the end is nigh, NIGH!
  • edited July 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    I can already hear Grandpa Stinky's reaction. "Ye think ye can just dress up different than th' rest of them and waltz on in, do ye? I'm not fallin' for that, lad!"

Said Grandpa Stinky right as the door ripped off its hinges. The naked clones ran rampant through the restaurant, eating everything they could find. Sam and Max knew they could sense movement, so they didn't move a muscle. Grandpa Stinky, however, was impatient, and started firing at the clones. This had almost no effect, and suddenly, the clones swarmed around grandpa Stinky, giving our heroes the chance to escape.
    Sounds like something Stephen King could write if he had no standards. Oh, wait, he doesn't.
  • edited July 2010
    kane wrote: »
    No! Some one save the DeSoto!

Translated.
  • edited July 2010
    Can someone just please photoshop an image to make a Left 4 Sam poster already? Seriously.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd do it but it'd be full of fail!
  • edited July 2010
    Use Noir Sam instead of regular Sam.
  • edited July 2010
    This going to be a Zombie Apocalypse or something! I guess

I like the Grampa Stinky's Shotgun!

That's my first thought (& even though they already did it, who gets tired of Zombies?)
  • edited July 2010
    "I hate mindless, cloned, lawyer dogs."

That's Francis. Bill's the vietnam veteran who's always smoking.
  • edited July 2010
    Now I can't wait to the 304
  • edited July 2010
    no Somme one shave the DeSoto

So, it can't recognise "someone" or "save" but it has no problem picking up "DeSoto"? :eek: Sounds like product placement was involved...
  • edited July 2010
    I copy and pastis DeSoto
  • edited July 2010
    I copy and pastis DeSoto

You wouldn't happen to have dyslexia would you?
  • edited July 2010
    copy and pastis O.o
  • edited July 2010
    kick ass =) grandpa stinky has a shotgun =D and where the hell is the real sam ??? hes not in any of these pictures ... and im thinking this is an Apocalypse with clones
  • edited July 2010
    kick ass =) grandpa stinky has a shotgun =D and where the hell is the real sam ??? hes not in any of these pictures ... and im thinking this is an Apocalypse with clones:p:D:D
  • edited July 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    kick ass =) grandpa stinky has a shotgun =D and where the hell is the real sam ??? hes not in any of these pictures ... and im thinking this is an Apocalypse with clones:p:D:D

The real Sam is behind Grandpa Stinky in picture 3.
  • edited July 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    and im thinking this is an Apocalypse with clones:p:D:D

...that make you squee? :confused:
  • edited July 2010
    lol the clones are attacking and girl stinky is messaging someone
  • edited July 2010
    lol the clones are attacking and girl stinky is messaging someone
    NORRINGTON

Or someone
Sign in to comment in this discussion.