What is the DeLorean of 2010?

Comments

• HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    HoboStew wrote: »
    I'm thinking the Tesla. Sleek, exotic, expensive, American, and probably has some performance issues since its a BEV. Plus it fits with the whole green zeitgeist of the modern day.
    And here is a New York Times article comparing the development of the Tesla with that of the Delorean. Do I win the thread?
  • edited July 2010
    nissan-cube033.jpg

<insert Time Cube joke here>
  • edited July 2010
    Has no one photoshopped a Nissan Cube to look like Companion Cube? [singsong]Oh IrishMile...[/singsong]
  • edited July 2010
    delorean-monster-truck.jpg

This is what happens when nobody is around to say "Dude, your idea sucks".
  • edited July 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    This is what happens when nobody is around to say "Dude, your idea sucks".
    Yeah; they should've at least given it fully independent suspension.
  • edited July 2010
    Sorry guys, I think many of you miss the point. The Delorean was a piece of crap. A cool looking piece of crap, but a piece of crap nonetheless. It was exotic, it was American...

I think the Chevrolet Volt would be more appropriate.
    800px-chevrolet-volt-dc.jpg

Powertrains and Performance
    The front-wheel-drive 2011 Volt is powered by an electric motor rated at 149 hp (111 kilowatts) and 273 pound-feet of torque. This motor draws power from a lithium-ion battery pack until the battery charge is 70 percent depleted. At that point, the Volt's 1.4-liter four-cylinder internal combustion engine, which runs on either gasoline or E85, comes to life as a replacement power source for the electric motor. The battery can only be completely recharged through either a 120-volt or 240-volt outlet, but regenerative braking and the engine generator can replenish it slightly. There is no transmission in the traditional sense; rather, the Volt employs a single reduction gear to send the electric motor's power to the front wheels. GM projects a 0-60-mph sprint of 8.5 to 9 seconds with full battery power.

It can go 40 miles on it's battery and costs 40k.

I think it fills all criteria.
  • edited July 2010
    Yep, I think we have a winner.
  • edited July 2010
    That's definitely up there.
  • edited July 2010
    I would think hybrid and electric cars would be too heavy.
  • edited July 2010
    The Ford Transit Connect, Scion iQ, and the Nissan Cube are very... DeLorean-esque.

Ford (Give it some gills, and it'll look more BTTF ready):
    2010-ford-transit-connect.jpg

Scion iQ (Personal favourite to take spot of DeLorean):
    2010_scion_iq.jpg

And Nissan:
    2009_nissan_cube.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think I'll ever be able to handle the Nissan's asymmetrical design.
  • edited July 2010
    That Chevrolet Volt's power cable would be perfect for plugging into a plutonium canister or a Mr. Fusion.
  • edited July 2010
    Obviously, the Tesla Roadster.
  • edited July 2010
    When i was a kid i also liked the Delorean and maybe the closest cool thing you could afford was a Ford Capri then. I still have strong feelings for the new lightcycles in Tron 2 and generally well designed spaceships.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever be able to handle the Nissan's asymmetrical design.

What I find funny is that for nearly a decade, I've been really wanting a car company to release a car with a stylish asymmetrical design...

...just not ugly like the Cube.

Thanks for nothing, Nissan.

Still haven't found a car that is as fun to say as "DeLorean."
  • edited July 2010
    For some odd reason this thread has sexually aroused me...
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Sinaz20 wrote: »

"Goggomobil" takes that crown for me.
  • edited July 2010

Just wait until IKEA releases their automobile! Easily assembled with an Alan Wrench! :D
  • edited July 2010
    here is what i know it has to be sporty
    edited July 2010
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    Just wait until IKEA releases their automobile! Easily assembled with an Alan Wrench! :D

http://www.thebetanews.com/the-ikea-car/

Just looking at the pic caused blisters to form on my fingers.
  • edited July 2010
    http://www.thebetanews.com/the-ikea-car/

Just looking at the pic caused blisters to form on my fingers.

Ha! Brilliant XD I would prefer it a little more sporty though.
  • edited July 2010
    I dunno. That Lexus' with those weird doors from a few years ago would work well.
  • edited August 2010
    I would really love the option to have another Deloreon. For whatever reason that's gonna come up that another time machine is being made in the storyline, then we should have the option of maybe a Deloreon and something else. I would be really disappointed if there was no Deloreon I feel almost as if it's a character to Back To The Future as Wilson was to Cast Away. However, then using that logic, the Deloreon died in Back To The Future Part III, but there ain't nothin like an Enterprise-A right? I would think a choice should still be possible.
  • edited August 2010
    Personally I love the look of the Vector W8, its not a modern car though. It is angular and futuristic looking, like the DeLorean, a large American car, crappy quality, but it is actually really fast.

Vector_w8_1991_1_2w.jpg

vector-w8-twin-turbo.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    Why not an American-built solar car?
    Solar_Wing_front_Japanese_electric_powered_car.jpg

Except there would probably need to be 2 of them to fit both Marty and Doc..
    edited August 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Why not an American-built solar car?
    Solar_Wing_front_Japanese_electric_powered_car.jpg

Except there would probably need to be 2 of them to fit both Marty and Doc..

"Paw! What is it? Whu-what is it, Paw?"

"It looks like a wing... without an airplane!"
    :cool:
  • edited August 2010
    Mm, TT already has experience animating cockroaches ... This could work! :D
  • edited August 2010
    http://www.delorean.com/index.html

you still can get a brand new 25 year old or so delorian. Main place is out of texas with a few dealers around the states.

You cann't replace a classic with another car. Thats like replacing Max with a duck or something.
  • edited August 2010
    It's not back to the future if it doesnt have the Delorean time machine.
    I cant wait to see ratings [mod edit: really?] of this game when it's released.
  • edited August 2010
    Is there a way to ignore posters on this forum? I'd love to add evilrex to that list if possible.
    edited August 2010
    In case people haven't been reading the first post, we're not dumping the DeLorean.

I was just making idle conversation about what might have been chosen in place of the DeLorean if the original movie were made today.
  • edited August 2010
    What's really tricky is that nobody is building cars with Unusual alloys or anything nowadays. There's hardly a car out there with metals the others don't use to some degree. What made the Delorean and what still makes it is that crazy Stainless Steel exterior. The angles, while nice, aren't exactly uncommon now. We have all kinds of shapes now, and most of them are done by multiple car designs. With few exceptions. Not all of them pretty. (Aztek comes to mind).

There's also one particular car in which the rear window only has 1 support beam on one side, allowing the window to wrap around to the rear side window continuously, on another. I'm not sure if this was some idea of removing a blind spot from the car, or what. Is it pretty? Maybe some think it is. To me, it leaves me with multiple feelings. Part of me says at least they're trying to be original. The other part of me just asks the "General from the Original Prisoner Series" Breaking Question. "Why?" To me, it looked, awkward.
    edited August 2010
    akaimizu wrote: »

There's also one particular car in which the rear window only has 1 support beam on one side, allowing the window to wrap around to the rear side window continuously, on another. I'm not sure if this was some idea of removing a blind spot from the car, or what. Is it pretty? Maybe some think it is. To me, it leaves me with multiple feelings. Part of me says at least they're trying to be original. The other part of me just asks the "General from the Original Prisoner Series" Breaking Question. "Why?" To me, it looked, awkward.

Are you talking about the Cube? http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/

Because although the window wraps around the back corner, there's still a pillar hidden behind the glass... There is no blind-spot correction intended... it was just a bold, if silly, design decision.
  • edited August 2010
    In case people haven't been reading the first post, we're not dumping the DeLorean.

I was just making idle conversation about what might have been chosen in place of the DeLorean if the original movie were made today.

Now you learn the terrible price of being a Telltale employee and trying to make small talk!
  • edited August 2010
    If the car doesn't have to actually exist, then I have one word to say. Thundercougarfalconbird.

2acv07-013.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    Are you talking about the Cube?

Because although the window wraps around the back corner, there's still a pillar hidden behind the glass... There is no blind-spot correction intended... it was just a bold, if silly, design decision.

Yeah, that's it. I see those on the road, at times.
  • edited August 2010
    I say why not make the desoto do a cameo

make it have a hard top..
    blower.. some sort of lighting.. flames.. whoot..

whew no one posted
    EDIT:
    now that I think of it.. im sure doc would have come up with something in the super future ooorr
    better yet his children traveled back in time with a back of capsules
    each one the size of a vitamin

imprinted on the side J&V
    TTM
    jules and verne time travel machine
    place on the ground and add a drop of water and walla!
    insta new orb or car or whathave you

tons of trouble and game abilities on that alone.. WHAT IF it rains!
    what if the bag of pills falls into a bucket of water!
    what if its left in the washer in my pants pocket!

the mind begins to swirl.. lol

ahem sorry

triple edit
    car_body_airplane.jpg
    if you go classic JnV style somethign like this only way more modern steampunk added..

also I was thinking of a dougnut as transport as its a sphere and its well funny..
    though i cant find a good acronym

doughnut dimensional overdrive universal galactic humanitarian national united transport GAW i cant come up with anything funny.. on it..
    but im workin :P
  • edited August 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    As soon as I saw this thread I started photoshopping seems like Sinaz20 and I think alike.

smart2thefuture.png

this would be great in those capsules i spoke of.. plus in this green era! the joke could be there somewhere..

course they already used the food processor in the 2nd one grr.. they think of it all!
  • edited August 2010
    batmobil_stor.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    Why Another delorean? If they still had the train after part 3.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.