Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The City That Dares Not Sleep... Dares Ship Aug 30th

Comments

• edited August 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Unless it's the Narrator, which everyone have suspected since the very beginning.
    Of course that means it can't be him, because then we wouldn't be surprised, and we can't have that...
  • edited August 2010
    Stupid school! I'll have to wait 4 hours to play it:( Oh well
  • edited August 2010
    Of course that means it can't be him, because then we wouldn't be surprised, and we can't have that...

Except if we weren't supposed to guess that the narrator could be the main villain... I mean, okay, the players of the three seasons of Sam & Max were driven totally insane and paranoid, but perhaps it was supposed to be surprising. Well, I won't be deceived if the narrator was the main villain. But I truly hope that the main villain will not be someone obvious (like those who thought that Yog-Soggoth could have been the main villain.)

I TRULY miss Sybil, by the way... Perhaps she "gellified" Lincoln. :D I would totally love a bad-ass Sybil. :p

[Sorry for my English, guys]
  • edited August 2010
    Awesome trailer! Too bad it's gonna take forever to 31 to come =P
    Oh, and a question: Sorry for my horrible english, but Isn't the title supposed to be ''The City That Dares Not To Sleep?
    To dare not (verb) is correct English, just a bit old-fashioned.
  • edited August 2010
    In previous Telltale games, they usually end with a 'final boss' puzzle
    (Hugh Bliss Magic Act, Soda Poppers Demon Ritual, ULTIMATE TROGDOR!!!, and Le Chuck)
    . In the Devil's Playhouse, they have a 'final boss' EPISODE.
  • edited August 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    In previous Telltale games, they usually end with a 'final boss' puzzle
    (Hugh Bliss Magic Act, Soda Poppers Demon Ritual, ULTIMATE TROGDOR!!!, and Le Chuck)
    . In the Devil's Playhouse, they have a 'final boss' EPISODE.

I wouldn't be so sure - I think there will be a boss at the end of the episode especially with Jake's hint that someone is orchestrating EVERYTHING :eek:
  • edited August 2010

Maybe that's the idea! :eek: Players all suspect the Narrator, so they know it can't be the Narrator, because it won't surprise us...which means it's going to be a total surprise when it turns out that he IS the mastermind behind everything!
  • edited August 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Maybe that's the idea! :eek: Players all suspect the Narrator, so they know it can't be the Narrator, because it won't surprise us...which means it's going to be a total surprise when it turns out that he IS the mastermind behind everything!

You crack me up guys!
  • edited August 2010
    Crrrrrrap , now I have to wait until September for the eu store release date ..
  • edited August 2010
    I'm rather excited for this epsiode, wonder what time it will be up? In my timezone it was (I don't know for The Penal Zone, I bought the season after it started) 7:00pm for 302, 6:00pm for 303 and 5:00pm for 304. Roughly, not exactly of course. Couldn't be earlier, 5:00pm is when Telltale starts working. Maybe later, not too late, I want to play it a lot.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm hoping it's released at the latest 8pm. I think that's 7pm GMT. I really want to start it on its release day.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't mind when, just not too late. 7:00 GMT might be a little late for me. I would only get 2 hours. It would last longer though, but might affect my school work the next day...
  • edited August 2010
    Wow,this episode come out right at Merdeka eve
  • edited August 2010
    It's only 2 days till the end of the world! Soon all will be revealed...
  • edited August 2010
    Personally, I think Sal is the villain. He's been peppered throughout the entire series, from the Mr. S letter in "The Penal Zone," to the "Mermaid and the Cockroach" play in "Tomb of Sammun-Mak," and the previous two episodes. Besides that, Telltale's been leading us on with the "Who is Mr. S" and "Who is Sal" plot points, most likely so that it won't occur to most people to classify Sal as a villain, or at least not after getting to know him in "They Stole Max's Brain" and "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls."
    Also, I remember a banner on the buttons for sale saying that one of the listed "villains" isn't really one. Sal's carefree and amicable attitude is enough to make people think he's the odd one out, but Papierwaite also falls into that category. At least, he's not a villain outside of "Tomb of Sammun-Mak."
  • edited August 2010
    Just would like to point out...only 1 day til release!
  • edited August 2010
    I think the villian is some super elder god we haven't met yet, and the narrator is a devil puppet or something. Aw, who cares? ONE DAY LEFT!
  • edited August 2010
    Out tomorrow!
  • edited August 2010
    its out in 2 days on PSN (USA)
  • edited August 2010
    It is now August 30th, release now please.
  • edited August 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »

The previous 4 episodes all released around 8 pm CET, which means we have about 19 more hours to wait. TTG won't release the episode until they're all in the office, which will happen around noon pacific time.
    If they released it now, there wouldn't be enough people at work or in customer support in case something went wrong with the release.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, sadly your right :( it sucks. 19more hours, then its august 31 ^^
  • edited August 2010

uhh its 29th in USA so wait and calm down buddy
    i have to wait 2 more days which is the pain (PSN USA) well its almost end of the day my time 7:34 PM
  • edited August 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    uhh its 29th in USA so wait and calm down buddy
    i have to wait 2 more days which is the pain (PSN USA) well its almost end of the day my time 7:34 PM

I cant be calm, how can i be calm!?
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
    The City That Dares Not Sleep

The city dares not sleep? i dare not sleep. Not until this threat has been terminated lol.

Im as calm as you can be with the release of Season 305 The End, The Grand Finale, The overaching scheme. The World Ender, The Hope ender, The episode of all episodes.

Well hopefully the best episode ever
  • edited August 2010
    I cant be calm, how can i be calm!?
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
    The City That Dares Not Sleep

The city dares not sleep? i dare not sleep. Not until this threat has been terminated lol.

Im as calm as you can be with the release of Season 305 The End, The Grand Finale, The overaching scheme. The World Ender, The Hope ender, The episode of all episodes.

Well hopefully the best episode ever

lool ok :p have fun waiting :D:D
    BTW tomorrows school for me so it will pass my time =D ...
  • edited August 2010
    I hope it comes out at midnight. I will explode if I have to wait till morning.
  • edited August 2010
    It wont come out til morning when telltale gets into work.
  • edited August 2010
    So what a few hours to go then?
  • edited August 2010
    Pacific time zone.
  • edited August 2010
    ... so why is the forum on a diffrent time... that makes it more like 10 hours.
  • edited August 2010
    Midnight is an hour away where I live, but according to my post time, it's already tomorrow. Though I'm apparently confusing Telltale with Bigfish; whom updates their site at midnight every day.
  • edited August 2010
    Well the time thats listed in the forum for the last post is 6:10 AM on the 30th, I beleive that the game is generaly listed at 8am on the release day but I've been told that the telltale office is within the time zone specified as Pacific time zone where it is about 1:30 AM.
    It's currently 6PM on the 30th where I am.
  • edited August 2010
    Ok, so when will we get the game? :P
    I cannot stop buzzing with excitement. The site was down for a few minutes, I thought they were uploading it at last, but nooooo way. :( Ahhahahahhh, I want SM 305. :((((
  • edited August 2010
    It's 6:45 am PST now, so only 5 more hours to wait!

Any news on when steam is gonna release? will it release the same time as the one on telltalegames.com or later?
  • edited August 2010
    That's up to Valve, so I bet don't even the TTG staff knows.
  • edited August 2010
    Eh, here's my review of the full season that literally has no plot details on the final episode.
  • edited August 2010
    Just whiling away mah bank holiday here taking it easy and waiting for the season finale to show its head. Life is sweet sometimes :)
  • edited August 2010
    @StLouisRibs You just made me really excited, even more than I was already, so I hope it is as good as you say.
  • edited August 2010
    i'm excited but my computer can't handle it :( in fact it can only cope with ep 1 :(
  • edited August 2010
    Ehm, the system reqs are the same for the whole season...

(Actually, I think they optimilised the engine a bit and 301 is the worst performing)
This discussion has been closed.