Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The City That Dares Not Sleep... Dares Ship Aug 30th

13»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Ehm, the system reqs are the same for the whole season...

(Actually, I think they optimilised the engine a bit and 301 is the worst performing)

Quoted for truth. 301 ran the worst for me, the rest ran perfectly.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, it looks like it dares NOT ship aug 30th. At least not in Hungary... It is almost 31st here. :(
  • edited August 2010
    Notice how they conveniently omitted the year ?
    Who said it'd be August 30 2010 ? Could just as well be 2011
  • edited August 2010
    Will , looks like I'm gonna wait 2 more days and one day to download :( ..
  • edited August 2010
    any news? Or should i go to bed? :)
  • edited August 2010
    You should.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    You should.

Agreed. At least if u have to get up early tomorrow like I do.
  • edited August 2010
    At least can a staff member let us know what going on with release time? :( I'm in the UK, and it's currently 22:47 Aug 30th. I'm confused <:/
  • edited August 2010
    I dare not sleep, for fear i miss it. (see what i did there?)
  • edited August 2010
    It'd be nice to get some word from Telltale as to why it's taking so long. I completely understand if they had some sort of error, or something went wrong, but it'd be nice of them to let us know if that's the case. Y'know, so we're not all just sitting here with no clue what's going on.
  • edited August 2010
    At least can a staff member let us know what going on with release time? :( I'm in the UK, and it's currently 22:47 Aug 30th. I'm confused <:/
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=369188&postcount=861
  • edited August 2010

Glad they gave us an update. I just wonder whether we're talking an hour, several hours, or more/less?
  • edited August 2010
    August 31 12:37AM atm here.. no download available :(
  • edited August 2010
    Patience, young skywalker.
  • edited August 2010
    luke i am not your father
  • edited August 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Hey guys, just a quick update. It is in fact coming today, but it may take a bit longer. If you are currently wondering if you should wait a bit longer or just go to bed, then just go to bed. Sorry for the delay!

Then I'm going to bed. Thanks for the warning.
  • edited August 2010
    Just wanted to let you guys know we're still on track for an 8/30 release, Pacific Standard Time at least. I'll let you know as soon as we go live! Thank you so much for your patience!
  • edited August 2010
    Thank you for keeping us informed, lest those of us in your area storm the offices in nerd rage.

Not me though, I'd just be sitting here in Canada, shaking my fist at my monitor.
  • edited August 2010
    I was...very confused when I got home. I was expecting the download button to be ripe for the clicking, and instead I find that it's not even out yet?
  • edited August 2010
    ajohnson wrote: »
    Just wanted to let you guys know we're still on track for an 8/30 release, Pacific Standard Time at least. I'll let you know as soon as we go live! Thank you so much for your patience!

Is there any chance of it being within the next hour? Because I've got two hours at the very most until my mom wants the family computer and I'm kicked off to use my laggy, useless personal computer.
  • edited August 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    I was...very confused when I got home. I was expecting the download button to be ripe for the clicking, and instead I find that it's not even out yet?
    This happened when the finale of Tales of Monkey Island came out as well.
  • edited August 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    This happened when the finale of Tales of Monkey Island came out as well.

Aww, and here I was hoping to NOT be part of the Waiting Game crowd.
  • edited August 2010
    Me too...I thought that I'd managed to escape that by being at work all day. How much longer? Anyone know? ...anyone?
  • edited August 2010
    The estimated release time is 6pm-9pm GMT, so 1-4 hours.
  • edited August 2010
    Don't worry Player_2! If you're on Pacific Time, such as I, there's still quite a bit of time left before sleep is needed!
  • edited August 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »

Err..do you mean EST because GMT its already tuesday
  • edited August 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »

Its aprox 12:15 AM GMT, are you sure you've got the right time zone?
  • edited August 2010
    xaviorbat wrote: »
    Err..do you mean EST because GMT its already tuesday
    He probably means PST; 6-9 PM PST actually IS 1-4 hours from now.

Bah, I'm sick of waiting....
  • edited August 2010
    On the plus side if it comes out at 6pm PST, its only 45 minutes away....on the downside if its 9pm PST, I won't be able to play till after Advanced Comp tomarrow which is going to mess me up ;)
  • edited August 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    He probably means PST; 6-9 PM PST actually IS 1-4 hours from now.

Which, if true, stinks.

Oh god I hope not.

Really, they should have just said it'd be out on the 31st or started preparing for it early. This is getting a little (translation: really, really) ridiculous.
  • edited August 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    It was ridiculous back when it was happening with TMI. This is rather unprofessional, frankly.

Pretty much.

It's gotta to a point where I'm really not even excited for it any more. Every bit of excitement I had this morning has slowly diminished as the hours went on. Now it's just: "Okay, I might get to play an hour of it. Whoopee."
  • edited August 2010
    Its active on mine people! should be active all around
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    The game's out! New thread is here.
This discussion has been closed.