Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The City That Dares Not Sleep... Dares Ship Aug 30th

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
305tease.jpg

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
The City That Dares Not Sleep

Whoa we're finally talking about the season finale! Info is barfing out of the internet with disgusting persistence. Let's dive in!

When's it out?
Monday, August 30th!
(Tuesday, August 31st US PSN!)

Trailer!
Watch the City That Dares Not Sleep trailer at GameSpot, or in the Telltale Blog!

If you don't want any :spoil-o: at all, of course don't watch the trailer. Or, don't blame us. But as usual, Shaun did a great job on it so you should watch it and s[p]oil yourself silly.

Where can I see art from the game?
The season-wide trailer and stuff is on the official site. We haven't put much else out beyond that.

No screenshots yet? How about a wallpaper then!
Sure, here's a wallpaper for you!

I DEMAND MARKETING TEXT! SELL ME!
Commence marketing: "An enormous, scaly, floppy-eared creature has put the city on high alert, and Sam assembles a crack team to stop him. To end the mayhem, they must venture … inside … the beast!

Featuring an all star cast of heroes and villains – you’ll be riveted to your seat with each thrilling twist, as you discover the crazed force that’s been orchestrating the madness. And you won’t want to miss the game’s truly shocking conclusion!"

So there you go for now. I'm sure more information will be appearing soon!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Woot! I can't wait for this, and I mean it. :)
  • edited August 2010
    Greatest thing ever? Yeah, I'd be willing to put money on that.
  • edited August 2010
    yay, release date!
  • edited August 2010
    Oh. Oh man.

The trailer! The release date! The tantilizing story-related teases in the trailer!

So excited.

Only a tiny, eensy-weensy dampening of enthusiasm at realizing I would have to wait a day longer than PC/Mac-only players if I was intent on playing it through the first time on the PS3, like I have all the other episodes. Buuuut I'm flexible and direly impatient on that point, so! :D
  • edited August 2010
    im so amazed =D i watched the trailer it was cool but the trailer was mixed every episode into 1 whole season =P i cant wait till August 31,2010 (PSN) im not gonna spoil myself on 30th because some people put the game on youtube thats why . cant wait =D =D =D thank you !!! im gonna be bussy with school so im good and it will keep me occupied until 31st =P
  • edited August 2010
    I would have prefered it to be the 29, but who am I to complain? This looks like it's going to be awesome :D
  • edited August 2010
    i like the trailer BTW =D
  • edited August 2010
    The only "but" I have with the Trailer is, it's not let me finish my Icon Set for the Devil's Playhouse =P. Ok, I hope I don't have to force it too much after we play the game. And well... I have an idea for ANOTHER alternative.

Anyway, this is probably the only good thing which happened today T_T. You always come to the rescue Telltale. Thanks you.
  • edited August 2010
    Yay!

And maybe after this we will get that extra psychic power for 301, right?
    Right? :p
  • edited August 2010
    Ohhh, so I won't be playing this til SEPTEMBER!! (EU PSN).
  • edited August 2010
    Aww, crap. I bet that it was going to come out on the 31st and lost. I scheduled Comcast to come out on the 30th to change my internet over.

Well, it's not like I've gotten to play any other episode in this season before 9 pm so far. Hopefully I'll be up and running well before that.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh man, this is going out on the last day of college! I've got an oral presentation to do and I hope I don't lose focus because I know 305 is waiting to download at home.
  • edited August 2010
    Lucky, its coming out second week of college for me. To bad it won't run on my laptop. It'd make a wonderful classroom distraction.
  • edited August 2010
    What laptop do you have? TDP runs perfectly on 6 and below at the highest resolution on mine.
  • edited August 2010
    Awesome! Thanks for the announcement.

So is it the 31st yet? :p
  • edited August 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    What laptop do you have? TDP runs perfectly on 6 and below at the highest resolution on mine.

Great, your laptop runs it better than my desktop. Any higher than level 1 and the game throws a fit for me. Friggin' graphics card. Other than that piece of junk, this computer's great.
  • edited August 2010
    Excellent, a nice early birthday present! Looking forward to it!
  • edited August 2010
    NOOOO It's on the day I go back to school!
  • edited August 2010
    Tuesday is much more perfect for me than Wednesday! Awesome! (I live in Australia. I have to add a day to anything Americans say) I have class practically non-stop in the second half on the week, and getting up early on Wednesday morning so I'd have time to enjoy the game before the weekend was not ideal.
  • edited August 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    The only "but" I have with the Trailer is, it's not let me finish my Icon Set for the Devil's Playhouse =P. Ok, I hope I don't have to force it too much after we play the game. And well... I have an idea for ANOTHER alternative.
    Cthllulu Max and flaming head Max for Max.
    Sam? Well... no idea till the 30th...
  • edited August 2010
    flaming fling psychic max butt head hehehe
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    To end the mayhem, they must venture … inside … the beast!

Well, it's just PERFECT that insides cause me to have horrible nightmares. I'll need someone to tell me about the story and what happens with this one. :mad:
  • edited August 2010

That's the alternative
    Sam? Well... no idea till the 30th...

I hope there's a good one.
  • edited August 2010
    Scaredy Sam with Teeth all around him?
  • edited August 2010
    Great news - and also, awesome trailer - this closing episode certainly looks epic!
  • edited August 2010
    Awesome trailer! Too bad it's gonna take forever to 31 to come =P
    Oh, and a question: Sorry for my horrible english, but Isn't the title supposed to be ''The City That Dares Not To Sleep?
  • edited August 2010
    Y'know, before the trailer, I absolutely could not see Superball being the main villain. But with him now President and the Maimtron attack on Max, it seems like both a fitting and likely role for him.
  • edited August 2010
    I think the twist is that max will end up being both one of the main protagonists as well as the main antagonist.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, and a question: Sorry for my horrible english, but Isn't the title supposed to be ''The City That Dares Not To Sleep?

Probably, in a grammatically-correct world. But since it's just a play on the phrase "The City That Never Sleeps," screw grammar.

In other news; HELL YEAH, TRAILER! YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

I *always* knew Superball would turn out to be evil.
  • edited August 2010
    Well I guess we know who's going to help Max now...

Anyway, can't wait for this. Thank you so much Telltale for not releasing this during college time. :D

Trailer looks awesome!!
  • edited August 2010
    damn, I'm off on the 30th for a bank holiday but no other date!! Plus I'm in europe so I have to wait until the 1st! wait a minute, the first!? HAHA so long suckers! I must already have the game!

*runs to ps3, runs back dissapointed*

Stupid months :( anyway completely epic trailer for what looks to be an epic series finale, also I see you mentioned that we will see who's been pulling the strings? Looks like there will be a main villian after all :D

P.S love the tone of the episode more than any of the others :D
  • edited August 2010
    This is going to be awesome!
  • edited August 2010
    Yay!! I`m soo looking forward to this!!
    And out in Europe first too for once!!!:):D
    Only by on day though, but whatever:D
    Love you TellTale!!!!!

Your biggest fan in Norway!
  • edited August 2010
    Coincidentally, I had just received my new laptop mere hours before the trailer went up. I'm tempted to marathon all of Devil's Playhouse so far with the graphics cranked all the way up since I can do that now. :D
  • edited August 2010
    i wonder why it is called that
  • edited August 2010
    I've been dying for this game. Works out perfectly since my bday is also on the 30th. What a gift!
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »

Featuring an all star cast of heroes and villains – you’ll be riveted to your seat with each thrilling twist, as you discover the crazed force that’s been orchestrating the madness. And you won’t want to miss the game’s truly shocking conclusion!"

So you're saying Charlie Ho Tep wasn't the mastermind?
  • edited August 2010
    So you're saying Charlie Ho Tep wasn't the mastermind?

The true villain is always someone you don't expect.
  • edited August 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    The true villain is always someone you don't expect.

Unless it's the Narrator, which everyone have suspected since the very beginning.

Of course, just for this episode I decided I don't wanna guess and be surprised
  • edited August 2010
    Oooo... so looking forward to this. I hope I have a day shift so I can play it when I get home from work that day! ^_^
This discussion has been closed.