The City That Dares Not Sleep waiting thread

1323334353638»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Install screwed up, so I have to re-download the installer. At 88% right now.

Did yours kick back an error saying something along the lines of the file not being downloaded properly? Because that's what happened to me.

I'm sitting pretty now at 24% on this cache-clear download round 2... thingy... in the hopes that this time I will get the whole file.
  • edited August 2010
    Exit Steam, and restart. The end

I did and........nothing. It is not there at all.:(:(
  • edited August 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I did and........nothing. It is not there at all.:(:(

I have it. It's must be there. Try to restart again.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, I got home from my ophthalmology appointment (and dinner at Rubio's, YAY FISH TACOS)... AND...

305! WHOO!

I guess I'll give playing System Shock and Descent: Freespace a break to play this. (Yes, I'm on a retro PC gaming kick now :D)

See you guys on the other side. | .edis rehto eht no syug uoy eeS
    Sǝǝ ʎon ƃnʎs ou ʇɥǝ oʇɥǝɹ sıpǝ˙ | ˙ǝpıs ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo sʎnƃ noʎ ǝǝS
  • edited August 2010
    Well it installs well, but it won't log in.
    The other episodes still work normally though.
    Is this happening to any of you?
  • edited August 2010
    It installed and played well. I'm past the animated title and daring to sleep now.
  • edited August 2010
    dajjjaklsnfksdk, I found the bucket of fish from Hit the Road. Amazing
  • edited August 2010
    Alright, it's done downloading and installed now, see you guys tomorrow 8D
  • edited August 2010
    Finally - went to sleep for a few hours a now downloading the game at last! :D
  • edited August 2010
    Well, awake now and downloading.

Went straight here after that to avoid any potential spoilers, going to read your insanity, then get the hell out of the forums till I am done with 305 :D.
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2010
    Fake Max: SLEEEEP!
    jmm: ok
  • edited August 2010
    Catched up with all post, still 25% and 1 hour 45 minutes left to go :(.
  • edited August 2010
    The cake is a lie!
    Rosebud is the sled!
    Soylent green is people!
    I'm a total asshole!

While technically all spoilers, I assure you that none of them have anything to do with 305. I may be a jerk, but I'm not THAT big of a jerk.
  • edited August 2010
    The cake is a lie!
    Rosebud is the sled!
    Soylent green is people!
    I'm a total asshole!

While technically all spoilers, I assure you that none of them have anything to do with 305. I may be a jerk, but I'm not THAT big of a jerk.

I was about to say you don't look like me.
  • edited August 2010
    downloading at 2.2 megabytes/second, so i finished in about 2 minutes :D
  • edited August 2010
    Awake (ish) and downloading. Hopefully this will be finished by the time I've showered so that I can play a bit before I sign on. Then complete before I go to work (I only work part time :().

Wait...323 megs? Does that mean that this episode is smaller than the others? Looks to have more rooms, more characters and more cinematics than any other episode.
  • edited August 2010
    323? Mine was 362. That's still smaller than every other episode except They Stole Max's Brain, though.
  • edited August 2010
    Gave up waiting last night, got up early to find...305 is here!!
    70% and counting...
  • edited August 2010
    Wow. I was right about sleeping, guys. :D It came out at 2:30 AM here... Downloading while breakfasting. :D ... While many people have already finished it. And I saw a topic name which spoils about someone dying. Guess I will finish the game AND visit the forums later. See ya. :D
  • edited August 2010
    Morning guys! Gonna install now :D
    Just looked back, and I love the posting "oh I see you guys found it" as if there weren't 50 of us hammering F5 on the download screen.

Does anyone know if this is actually the longest thread ever on here? And all in only one day?
  • edited August 2010
    323? Mine was 362.

And just 10 more minutes now!
  • edited August 2010
    "Estimated time left: 1 min 2 sec (13.0MB of 362MB copied)"

*giggles* :p
  • edited August 2010
    MOOOOORNIIIIIIING!!! It's download time! Glad that I could participate in this thread, and if I'm not mistaken, this is my :cool: milestone 20th post in the forums, so happy playing of 305 everyone!
  • edited August 2010
    Morning guys! Gonna install now :D
    Just looked back, and I love the posting "oh I see you guys found it" as if there weren't 50 of us hammering F5 on the download screen.

Does anyone know if this is actually the longest thread ever on here? And all in only one day?

Yeah, it beat the fanart thread by a mile. Where did everyone go though? :confused:

Oh well, enjoy 305 everybody.
  • edited August 2010
    305 has been released!
    305 is here!
    When we think of 305,
    Everybody cheer!
  • edited August 2010
    Klatuu wrote: »
    305 has been released!
    305 is here!
    When we think of 305,
    Everybody cheer!

305 is awesome!
    305 is cool!
    The brilliance of 305 is the greatest of all!
  • edited August 2010
    305 is fun and all, but I prefer 304 (and 302).

Although the reasoning should probably be written in a spoilerish thread, which I shalleth do.
  • edited August 2010
    Only a few more minutes until the PS3 version!
  • edited August 2010
    Oh my god when does the PSN store usually update? This is torture. ;_;
  • edited September 2010
    Did I come in late?
  • edited September 2010
    Hey everyone

does anyone have a walkthrough for sam and max 305 please
  • edited September 2010
    I need a walkthrough for sam and max 305 please

because i am stuck on this season final episode
  • edited September 2010
    why is no 1 answering me
  • edited September 2010
    Because you're looking in the wrong place. If you go to the Sam & Max Hints section of this forum you'll find what you're seeking.
  • edited September 2010
    Now that the thread has slown down a little, I just wanted to mention that the wiki says that the villian is... THE NARRATOR!!!
    This is a waiting thread and you just spoiled it for anyone who was waiting for it, maybe some people didn't want to know who the villain is and wanted to be surprised
  • edited September 2010
    This is a waiting thread and you just spoiled it for anyone who was waiting for it, maybe some people didn't want to know who the villain is and wanted to be surprised

You spoilt it more because Wiki is not to be trusted.
  • edited September 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    You spoilt it more because Wiki is not to be trusted.
    where did i mention wiki? and what are you on about
  • edited September 2010
    where did i mention wiki? and what are you on about

The guy was reporting that Wiki cites the Narrator as the villain. You slated him as if he was telling everyone on his own merit the villain is the Narrator. They aren't quite the same.

So you're the one that ruined it by implying yourself that Wiki is actually correct. If ppl automatically think that Wiki is correct by default, then they're fools.
  • edited September 2010
    i played the last episode and know the ending, so wiki is correct. It never occurred to me that wiki isn't correct when i've seen for myself it is in this instance
  • edited September 2010
    Still, when that guy quoted the wiki and cited the Narrator as the main villain I assumed that his statement was in jest.
    I was still surprised though when the halfway point was reached in 305.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.