The City That Dares Not Sleep waiting thread

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
All right this is going to be last waiting thread of the season, unless of course there is a sixth episode we don't know about. We're all excited about the upcoming release, and it's looming ever closer.

Naturally, whether it's the 30th already can depend where you are. If you're Australian it's been Monday for quite some time already, and if you're in the greater New York area, Virginia or Kansas it won't be Monday for a few more hours. But it's the 30th of August in Europe now and if people are following the European clock (which they should) then we can expect a release...soonish.

Well, probably not, but that's not going to stop us from being up all night. We are after all optimists, and besides; who can possibly sleep knowing that the soul-chilling finale of The Devil's Playhouse is nearly upon us?

So get the coffee ready (actually I've got Red Bull and Epinephrine injectors to keep me going for as long as it takes).
And remember to keep your fingers poised over the F5 button because this is technically the day it'll be released.

So during this 24-hour window, this thread should help alleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms some (read all) of you may be experiencing.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Yeah I've been checking till it turned to midnight to start checking my games page! Wheres ma damn game :D
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah I've been checking till it turned to midnight to start checking my games page! Wheres ma damn game :D

you know its the 29th in USA which where i live and im not really sure whens the europe realese date is??:rolleyes::p
  • edited August 2010
    I know I was messing more than anything, I anticipated having to wait longer
  • edited August 2010
    I know I was messing more than anything, I anticipated having to wait longer

yeah i need to wait for PSN usa to realese !!! :D:D:D:D
    2 more #$@$@ days im blown away by watching the trailer like 4 times i dont know why but i am:D:D:p:p:p
  • edited August 2010
    You could always pass the time watching monster movies and picturing Junior Max over the monsters very much like I am
  • edited August 2010
    You could always pass the time watching monster movies and picturing Junior Max over the monsters very much like I am

yeah ty i will :D and have fun playing episode 5 tomorrow:p:p
  • edited August 2010
    I hope the wait for the PSN version doesn't prove fatal for you!!!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    You know, where Telltale is, it's only 5:00pm (17:00) on the 29th, right now. It's probably 15 hours until people are back in the office again.
  • edited August 2010
    I hope the wait for the PSN version doesn't prove fatal for you!!!

i hope it wont lool XD well school gonna keep me busy for 2 days :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    You know, where Telltale is, it's only 5:00pm (17:00) on the 29th, right now. It's probably 15 hours until people are back in the office again.

Great gouts of magma on a b-line straight for the orphanage! (favourite Sam quote) I knew I would be waiting a while, but that is a little longer than I was expecting. Ah well I can wait.Thanks for giving me an exact time, now I can count the minutes!
  • edited August 2010
    i am the 100th viewer
  • edited August 2010
    In the meantime, perhaps I could tell you about all the dreams I had about Sam and Max, perhaps spoiling this game in the process?
  • edited August 2010
    you can sense this is able to have spoilers
  • edited August 2010
    Hopefully, my day will go something like this: Get up early after a good night's sleep (which means getting to bed early, ha), start refresh monkeying on the games page until the game is posted, and then download it before Comcast comes out to change my internet around.

It'll more likely be something like this: Get up earlier than normal, but still later than I wanted after going to bed too late and not getting enough sleep, manage to check the games page briefly before Comcast shows up and still see no game, then come back and check in the evening after the installation to find that the game still hasn't been posted, then wait around until 8 pm for it to be posted like we did with Tales.
  • edited August 2010
    I have to finish the games as soon as possible, because the game usually launches at 12 for me, and have the dentist at 3. Godspeed telltale. GODSPEED.

Their has been talk for some time as to whether this will be the sam and max finale as a series, and the anticipation is eating me alive. Part of me would want to let the series die in peace, but the other part knows TTG can keep it fresh for so long if they want to. And some people already think the series sied so its prettey much a-

God forgive me

"Haters gona hate" situation. Just keep making awesome games telltale.

So.... whats up forums?
  • edited August 2010
    i forgot how school is tomorrow and i can't get it until 4:00
  • edited August 2010
    What really stinks is that each episode takes about 40 minutes to download for me, and this looks like the biggest episode yet! Sigh...
  • edited August 2010
    Dude! I woke up at 4.30 AM GMT+2! This means there are more than 5 hours for the midnight for those who live in US, and I'll probably wait 12 more hours for noon!

Q_Q I'm standing with whoever wants to sit and wait in this thread.
  • edited August 2010
    It's the final day of college for me tomorrow, and what better graduation present than 305!
  • edited August 2010
    It is only 7:00am roughly. Telltale doesn't start working untill it is 5:00pm for me, so I have a few hours to wait. That is fine, I have school until 3:25pm. Then a bit more for them to put it up. Just do homework, stuff (like watch the trailer repeatedly) and have dinner. After that, a few minutes or so to download it. All this= The best 4 or so hours of Sam & Max EVER!
  • edited August 2010
    Bigfish Games does midnight updates, but Telltale will probably keep us waiting till 6 or 8am when the employees come to work, whcih is when I'm just crawling into bed, so I get to wait untill noon-2pm before I get my hands on this sweet puppy.

According to Wikipedia & MapQuest, Telltale is located in California, so they should have the same timezone as me, making it 12am.

I really loved the first two seasons & hate to play favorites, but they really outdid themselves on Season 3 & I'm really gonna miss those psychic toys.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, I am not going to start the F5-Fest untill it's at least 6PM here.

301 was 9PM, 302 was 8PM, 303 I don't know (wasn't home back then when it was delivered) and 304 around 7PM. See a trend? :D
  • edited August 2010
    So as soon as the episode is out, do we immediately start a season 4 speculation thread? lol.

Hassat Hunter, your name makes me think of Morrowind for some reason, & Khajiits.

Okey, anyone seen this September teaser trailer with Max & Strong Bad? http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-untitled-telltale/703721#comments_top
  • edited August 2010
    What time is it where Telltale are?
  • edited August 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    So as soon as the episode is out, do we immediately start a season 4 speculation thread? lol.
    Unless Sam and Max die a horrible dead 0_0.
    Hassat Hunter, your name makes me think of Morrowind for some reason, & Khajiits.
    That's good :D. Though Morrowind is the wrong RPG, and Khajit the wrong humanoid cat.;)
  • edited August 2010
    Unless Sam and Max die a horrible dead 0_0.

That's good :D. Though Morrowind is the wrong RPG, and Khajit the wrong humanoid cat.;)

Okey, I'm going to try Oblivion & Dungeon Siege then. Looking forward to DS3 next year.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm hoping it would be out by at least 2AM PDT since I'm in the same time zone :). IIRC, episode 4 or others was available between 12-2am on the morning it was released (I distinctly remember not sleeping because I was playing the game). Well, ~8 more minutes until it's 2am. I guess we'll see soon.
  • edited August 2010
    Don't know why I expected this to be in my games at this time of day. :(

perhaps just that small ray of hope...
  • edited August 2010
    Normally the game kicks in around 7 hours later from what the time is now.
  • edited August 2010
    Normally it's released in just a minute.
  • edited August 2010
    Normally it's released in just a minute.

That reminds me of the animation Majus made and put on forums before the release of ToMI Ep 5.
  • edited August 2010
    I wish I could find some way of keeping you entertained until 305 is released, but I've got nothing. So I'll just post this video of a monkey scratching himself.
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale: Make like Malakili and RELEASE YOUR MONSTER.
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale: Make like polish on wood. FINISH IT.
  • edited August 2010
    8PM on the 30th here

Am I going to get to play it tonight? Ohgodplease
  • edited August 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    Okey, I'm going to try Oblivion & Dungeon Siege then. Looking forward to DS3 next year.
    Meh, Morrowind is SO much better than Oblivion IMO. Bethesda really screwed up there, and I dropped that game pretty fast. Kind of sucky seeing how I even got the collector's edition hoping it would be like MW :(.

I like the DS'es though, and yeah, can't wait to see what Obsidian does with it.

EDIT: For all "Are we there yet", possible time of delivery: 6 HOURS LEFT.
  • edited August 2010
    Isn't it 3AM there?
  • edited August 2010
    its exactly 3:27 am in california guys...I doubt they are still at work.
  • edited August 2010
    Yep, it's 3:30 over there. I guess that's an estimated release time of 9 AM?

Also, that means it's 4:30 here. I haven't slept much for three days, so I should probably get the hell out of this thread and go to bed.
  • edited August 2010
    That was the time of 304. Although it was earlier released (and somewhat unexpectededly soon) so it should probably be counted as the minimum time, expect it to be later (and be happy if it ain't :D).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.