The Second Great Sam & Max Race of 2010

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Completed 301 in 1h27m. If anyone was watching/will watch, the reason why I dithered frequently is because I kept nodding off. Combination of lack of sleep and a bug going round that's also hit my work and family. Despite this, I'll do Tales of MI Episode 2 tonight. Just gimme 10 mins and I'll begin.
  • edited December 2010
    Finished for the night. I won't play any episodes tomorrow because nobody will watch the streams live. Tune in on Sunday GMT for TMI 103. I'll also be doing S&M 302 on New Year's day (mid-late evening GMT) and 303, maybe 304 as well on 2nd Jan. I plan to wrap both races up on Monday 3rd (bank holiday in UK), except for do-overs.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't think anyone noticed, but I didn't finish Season 2 yesterday as planned. It got too late. I'll be moving to another town next week, so the rest of the race will probably have to wait a few days.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm starting 302 now. Streaming, as per usual.
  • edited January 2011
    Procaster stopped due to low bandwidth. Paused the game and will resume roundabout now.
  • edited January 2011
    It's happened yet again. Either some ppl in my neighbourhood have HUUGE torrents or they're watching archived TV programme streams. Not my family, I'm quick to add (checked).
  • edited January 2011
    Back when my internet was constantly dropping (good riddance, Qwest), I would just keep playing through the outages. I use my own stopwatch to get my time, though, so what you do is up to you.
  • edited January 2011
    Finished 302 in 1h30m. A candidate for do-over, methinks. Especially seeing as I got 3 minutes quicker last race.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi ppl. Sorry I've not kept my word on when I plan to play so far. If I don't get mega tired like I did last night, Sam & Max 303 tomorrow, Tales 104 Friday, Sam & Max 304 Saturday, Tales 105 Sunday, Sam & Max 305 Monday (all evening GMT).
  • edited January 2011
    Starting 303 now.
  • edited January 2011
    Finished 303 in 1h21m. TMI 104 tomorrow night, S&M 304 Saturday night.
  • edited January 2011
    I don't care if I do well or not, I so have to make time to compete in this. At least it should be easier to schedule than the MI race, since every single game is episodic in this. Blocking out 4 hours straight for Escape is a pain, and I don't like splitting runs apart.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm starting 304 now.
  • edited January 2011
    Finished 304 in 1h...something. LS hasn't updated yet. Concluding TMI tomorrow, wrapping up S&M on Monday.

Edit: it isn't showing Part 1 at all (last two are Part 2 and TMI 104). Hence I'll use a do-over to give a time.
  • edited January 2011
    Will start playing 305 in about an hour.
  • edited January 2011
    Starting 305 now.
  • edited January 2011
    Sam is rejoined by his lil buddy at 1h23m.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi, Guru. I've had a hunt on my LiveStream channel and managed to decipher which episode is which before my Procaster was updated. The times on there are more accurate than what I've already given you. The following are before I started quoting how long my streams were:

S&M 101: 0:57
    S&M 102: 0:57
    S&M 103: 0:48
    S&M 104: 0:59
    S&M 105: 1:00
    S&M 106: 0:59

S&M 201: 1:10
    S&M 202: 0:55
    S&M 203: 1:18

Since I'm missing times for 204 and 304, I'll do those as compulsory do-overs, leaving two of my own choosing.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm feeling somewhat generous, so we'll call them half do-overs. Go ahead and take three of your own choosing if you want. I'll get your times all updated after I have dinner.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks, Guru! I'd better shut it before you reconsider.
  • edited January 2011
    I should note, I'm always feeling generous, which is why the rules and dates are always so flexible in these things.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi again. I'm slowly starting to settle in and hope to continue the race tomorrow. I'll probably finish up Season 2 tomorrow, starting with Chariots of the Dogs around 12 AM GMT.

Then I plan to do Season 3 during the 14th and 15th, also starting around 12 AM. If all goes well I should be able to finish on time.
  • edited January 2011
    One do-over tomorrow, maybe two. Starting with 204.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm just about to start Chariot of the Dogs!

Edit: And finished in 2:15. Unfortunately, since this episode took me so long, I won't have time do play episode 5 today. Now I worry if I'll be able to finish the race on time. I'll do my best. Be back tomorrow at 12 AM GMT.
  • edited January 2011
    Starting 204 do-over now.
  • edited January 2011
    Finished 204 do-over in 59m.

I know I can beat that but it would require not having to return to rooms where I missed something, having a version of Procaster that remembers the position and size of the capture area and having a faster computer. Won't happen until next race, unfortunately.

I'm redoing 304 tomorrow, I think. I hope to get two or three do-overs completed over Saturday.
  • edited January 2011
    I overslept. Whoops! Starting S2E05 now but I don't think I'll have time for any more than that today. It's going to be tough, if not impossible, to do the whole third season tomorrow. Yeah, I'm probably going to have to request a slight extension of the race if that's all right with you, Guruguru. Until Sunday should hopefully be enough since Season 3 is still in fairly fresh memory.

Edit: Okay, I was interrupted by a phone call and now it's 3 PM. I know I won't have time to finish What's New, Beelzebub? today. Sorry about that. This also means I'll probably need even more time to finish the race. I'll have another go tomorrow.
  • edited January 2011
    Guru, may I please have up to and including Wednesday to complete my do-overs for both races?

I'm redoing 304 in about an hour.
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry about the delay. Starting 304 now.
  • edited January 2011
    Finished 304 do-over in 1h18m. To think I was quicker in my first (incompletely recorded) run! Mostly due to fluking the statue music sequence first time and taking ages over it the second time. I must remember to note down the walkthrough method next time!
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry, I've been totally neglecting both of these things lately. Wow, this is extremely strange. Your final time for the race is exactly 18 hours.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm going to push ahead episode 205 to 1 PM instead.

Edit: Starting 205 now for anyone who's interested.

Edit 2: Finished in 2:53. Ahem. No, not very good this time either.

I may be back tonight for some Season 3, or I'll save it for tomorrow. Now I'm late for a party since I didn't remember where to find Stinky's baby book.
  • edited January 2011
    Starting 302 do-over now.
  • edited January 2011
    Some tomb got raided of a toybox, an elder god got released from said chest and a space gorilla stole a brain from a lagomorph in a popcorn coma...all in 1h25m.

Starting another do-over shortly, most likely 204 or 304, bizarrely.
  • edited January 2011
    Not sure if I'm even allowed to do this but...starting 304 optional do-over now.
  • edited January 2011
    Manhattan went from being harrassed by a couple thousand anthropomorphic dog clones to being harrassed by a Cthonic Giant Anthromorphic Lagomorph in 1h9m.
  • edited January 2011
    That's some efficient mayhem-causing, tbm1986. Well done.

I'm going to start Season 3 in a little while, right after one or two test runs of the broadcasting tool.

Edit: Finished episode 1 in 2:20. I hadn't fully realised until now how much more cinematic (and long-winded) season 3 is compared to the earlier ones. I'll continue with 302 right away.

Also, here are all my records for season 2. On the house, Guruguru:
    Ice Station Santa: 2:27
    Moai Better Blues: 1:48
    Night of the Ravin' Dead: 1:45
    Chariots of the Dogs: 2:15
    What's New, Beelzebub: 2:53
    Total season 2: 11:08

Edit 2: Finished 302 in 2:02. Thanks to tbm1986 for hints and company! 303 is coming right up.
  • edited January 2011
    So let me get this right: 7 of you dropped out, leaving Harald and me? Sheesh, hardly any point in having a leader board.
  • edited January 2011
    Seems like it, yeah. On a brighter note: Congratulations to the very likely winner of the Second Sam & Max Race 2010! :)

I finished 303 in 1:58 and am calling it a day. Hopefully, I can finish the season tomorrow.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks, man! :)

Sorry for the delay. Starting 204 optional do-over now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.