Sam Max Team Fortress 2

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Epic Kiwi wrote: »
    I still find it odd that this was never mentioned in the announcement or on the page that gave out the codes. I had no idea that it would unlock the full games on steam until I used the code and saw The Penal Zone appear in my games list.. Luckily I had TF2, otherwise I would have given the code to a friend without a second thought, thinking it would only give them the free hats.

If I remember correctly, the request not to give out the codes to others was made in the forum thread where we were bemoaning not having the hats.
  • edited October 2010
    I bought it in roughly the third week. I feel left out.

(Still hinting)

It was a limited time offer. You snooze, you lose. :(
  • edited October 2010
    S@bre wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, the request not to give out the codes to others was made in the forum thread where we were bemoaning not having the hats.

Yes, but it was well after they'd linked to the /tf2hats page and I'd already used the code when they decided to mention it in that thread. :confused:
  • edited October 2010
    It was a limited time offer. You snooze, you lose. :(

It's called a budget. Look it up.
  • edited October 2010
    It's called a budget. Look it up.

It's a bonus for being an early purchaser, if you don't want to miss out on early purchase bonuses, you have to buy early. It is the entire point of the bonus existing. They want sales sooner rather than later. It's just the way things are.
  • edited October 2010
    I hate the way things are. I deserve those items more than a lot of people who didn't even TRY Sam & Max.
  • edited October 2010
    I hate the way things are. I deserve those items more than a lot of people who didn't even TRY Sam & Max.
    You can still try looking around for someone trading the items. They'd be hard to find, but I've seen people offering them since the update.
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah I missed out on the hats. Sam and Max was seemingly following me, seeing the trailers on GT, a top ten of their best lines (from the animated series) on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses showed up and finally I take my daily visit to the TF2 blog and there it was again. Of course I didn't just want to buy TDPH straight away, no sir, I had to play ALL of the past series before it. I missed the hats when I finally finished them but I gained a great seires of games so I didn't really feel like I lost out :D
  • edited October 2010
    I love my sam&max tf2 items and I'm never going to trade them ever
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe Valve and Telltale can make the Sam and Max items available again as a bonus for Poker Night at the Inventory? :D
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe Valve and Telltale can make the Sam and Max items available again as a bonus for Poker Night at the Inventory? :D

Possible, but I suspect there will be a different exclusive hat-like bonus for that one.
  • edited October 2010
    I really wish they'd tell us. I'm not really into poker sims, but if it means I get Max's Luger I'll sign up! ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Possible, but I suspect there will be a different exclusive hat-like bonus for that one.
    Heavy's Severed Head!??
  • edited October 2010
    Heavy's Severed Head!??

Brady Culture's hair
  • edited October 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Brady Culture's hair

Of course! Just take the Demoman's Fro, change the color, and make it twice as large!
  • edited October 2010
    you know, as scary of an idea as that is... I can see TTG doing that...
  • edited October 2010
    it should be Sams hat
  • edited October 2010
    redm wrote: »
    it should be Sams hat

You may have known this already, but there are files for an unfinished Sam's Hat. Presumably it was going to be included with the other Sam and Max items, but it never made it because Sam's hat has a very unique shape (it could only fit on his head), and Valve had trouble getting it to fit on each class.

Maybe they could do it right this time? Of course, it seems funny to give Sam's hat away for a game that doesn't have Sam in it...
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe they could do it right this time? Of course, it seems funny to give Sam's hat away for a game that doesn't have Sam in it...

True, but still...
    Now I wonder if there will be a strong bad item, i could see the spy using strong bads mask as a micellanious item.
  • edited October 2010
    Guys, if you are NOT too attached to your Sam & Max items, you can get some pretty extreme goods for them. I traded mine and got a super-rare unusual hat!
  • edited October 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    True, but still...
    Now I wonder if there will be a strong bad item, i could see the spy using strong bads mask as a micellanious item.
    Heavy with Strong Bad's mask and Killing Gloves of Boxing would be amazing.
  • edited October 2010
    Heavy with Strong Bad's mask and Killing Gloves of Boxing would be amazing.

No, the Strong Bad mask should alter the Heavy's appearance so that he's wearing the Killing Gloves of Boxing at all times, even when he has a different melee weapon equipped.

Then people can ask the Heavy how he fires his minigun with boxing gloves on.
  • edited October 2010
    i'm getting addicted to hats; i'd love to trade for max's severed head..

yes, i registered to trade for the hat.

(i hope this is fine by forum rules..)

no one seems to want to trade for hats anymore.. i'll trade:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31170/

(or something of the same value, but i thought that would be a cool deal)

thanks guys.
  • edited October 2010
    Emuscles wrote: »
    i'm getting addicted to hats; i'd love to trade for max's severed head..

yes, i registered to trade for the hat.

Oh dear. You're likely to be ravaged by the forum members.

Good luck.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh dear. You're likely to be ravaged by the forum members.

Good luck.

i need to make these sacrifices to sate my hunger.
  • edited October 2010
    Emuscles wrote: »
    i need to make these sacrifices to sate my hunger.

Look, have you played Sam & Max?

If no, then I deserve the items more than you.

If yes, go ahead.
  • edited October 2010
    Slay him with our sizzling weasels on sticks!
  • edited October 2010
    Guys, if you are NOT too attached to your Sam & Max items, you can get some pretty extreme goods for them. I traded mine and got a super-rare unusual hat!
    Do you realise, that you just gave EXCLUSIVE item, which is now far more rare than Unusual items?
  • edited October 2010
    The Sam and Max items are really the only items I care about for this game. I'm happy to just upgrade slowly on the rest, safe in the knowledge that only a few of us have this item, and for most of us it proves our fandom. :P
  • edited October 2010
    Bloody hell, it's rather annoying having the Sam & Max items these days, I kept getting Trade request because people want the "Rabbit Hat", NO it's mine!
  • edited October 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Bloody hell, it's rather annoying having the Sam & Max items these days, I kept getting Trade request because people want the "Rabbit Hat", NO it's mine!

That's "Lagomorph Hat." ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »

They should give us an option to tag an item "Non-tradeable/I don't want to trade this"
  • edited October 2010
    T-T
  • edited October 2010
    dear valve, please add the sock crown from maoi better blues in the next update, that is all
  • edited October 2010
    redm wrote: »
    dear valve, please add the sock crown from maoi better blues in the next update, that is all

The sock crown is reserved only for the High Priest of the Ocean Chimps. You should only be able to receive it if you accomplish the following:

1. The feet anoint you. (Have a rocketjumping/stickyjumping Soldier/Demoman land on your head.)

2. You perform great miracle to feed your people. (Repeatedly drop Sandviches for teammates.)

3. The map reveals the face of the true High Priest. (Spray a picture that looks exactly like who you're controlling, complete with the specific weapons and hats you're carrying.)
  • edited October 2010
    that third one sounds hard to code
    and the scout should get banang and it should make him be able to slow down time with a right click
  • edited October 2010
    Varrok wrote: »
    They should give us an option to tag an item "Non-tradeable/I don't want to trade this"

Seriously, I've the items and I'm too afraid to wear them so I can just play the game.
    However, my fiance's constantly bugging me for them, though I do constantly rub it in her face. I feel bad for her. I told her to pre-order S&M3, but since she just started season 1 she didn't want to. I told her it'd get her items in TF2 and she said she didn't want to ruin the order inwhich she'd complete the games. So, basically, I'm trying to get Sam's head for her (no way in hell I'm giving up mine).
  • edited October 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    Seriously, I've the items and I'm too afraid to wear them so I can just play the game.
    However, my fiance's constantly bugging me for them, though I do constantly rub it in her face. I feel bad for her. I told her to pre-order S&M3, but since she just started season 1 she didn't want to. I told her it'd get her items in TF2 and she said she didn't want to ruin the order inwhich she'd complete the games. So, basically, I'm trying to get Sam's head for her (no way in hell I'm giving up mine).

Don't you mean Max's head?
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, yes I did. However, I'm sure she'd want Sam's head too.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Please move all trading talk to the new unified thread. Thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.