TF2 Items from BTTF - ideas

You guys should totally do some TF2 items for preordering.

Doc's Rifle for Sniper:
doc%20and%20the%20gun.JPG

Doc's Futuristic Eyewear for all classes:
marty_doc.jpg&t=1

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Hahahahaha, I don't think this has come up. I'd want those shades though, and the horrible double yellow future tie.
  • edited October 2010
    How about as avatar items on the 360? :D Thanks for the new profile pic, btw!
  • edited October 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Hahahahaha, I don't think this has come up. I'd want those shades though, and the horrible double yellow future tie.

Oh so telltale can give hat ideas to valve at will now then huh.
  • edited October 2010
    How about as avatar items on the 360? :D Thanks for the new profile pic, btw!

Seeing as it currently is announced for PSN and not XBLA, I wouldn't expect that to happen.
  • edited October 2010
    Seeing as it currently is announced for PSN and not XBLA, I wouldn't expect that to happen.

I know, I'm kind of crossing my fingers as hard as I can that the whole season will eventually get released on 360. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm not sure if there will be TF2 items unless VALVe has premission from the creators and Universal. But I am hoping for PNaTI based items.
  • edited October 2010
    bump! would love to see some tf2 items...

maybe doc's remote for the engineer?
  • edited October 2010
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    bump! would love to see some tf2 items...

maybe doc's remote for the engineer?

That would be amazing.
  • edited October 2010
    - Marty McFly Jr's holographic/color-changing cap. there's already a cap model in the game for MannCo & Ellis!
    - Grif's Extendo-Bat. For The Scout, of course.
    - Doc Brown's Hair. For Engineer.

that's all i can think of.
    Whatever combination is favorable, this needs to happen!!!
  • edited October 2010
    All of this would be truly - TRULY - epic and made of all kinds of win.
  • edited November 2010
    Is there any chance this game could provide TF2 unlocks like Sam and Max or Poker Night?

Examples:

Skateboard/Hoverboard replacement for scout's melee bat. Jus ta simple reskin, whacking people with boards is fun.

Guitar for Pyro based on "Enchantment under the Sea".

The famous hat from BTTF 2: 17965820.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    As opposed to Sam and Max, H*R, and Penny Arcade, all of which are creator-owned, Back to the Future is property of Universal, which is considerably bigger. They'd need Universal's permission, and something tells me they wouldn't jump on the idea.

But really, why do we need TF2 items for everything? Telltale's awesome enough to stand on their own merit. I'm not happy as it is that people are caring more about the TF2 items that come with Poker Night than the game itself.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not happy as it is that people are caring more about the TF2 items that come with Poker Night than the game itself.

Well, that is true, buuut it's also true that one of the things that make TF2 a game that's still played by many people is those snack-sized little updates. They keep the game fresh, somewhat. Let them have their fun.

I'll buy the game FOR the game itself, on the other hand. I still do not own TF2.
  • edited November 2010
    There is already a 'TF2 Items?' thread bearing the same name guys.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20045
  • edited November 2010
    If you already purchased a copy from the Telltale games store, would you still be able to register it through Steam to get the TF2 items?

I forgot that this was the same company that did Sam & Max, so in my excitement I pre-ordered it off of the Telltale games website. If I had known there was a chance for the TF2 items, I would have waited to see if it became available for pre-order on Steam. =(
  • edited November 2010
    On one hand yes because I can change up tf2 with new weps.
    On the other hand more idiots will whine to me to give them the weps.
    Hmmm.
  • edited November 2010
    Talizorah wrote: »
    If you already purchased a copy from the Telltale games store, would you still be able to register it through Steam to get the TF2 items?

I forgot that this was the same company that did Sam & Max, so in my excitement I pre-ordered it off of the Telltale games website. If I had known there was a chance for the TF2 items, I would have waited to see if it became available for pre-order on Steam. =(
    People who Pre-Ordered Sam and Max(and now Poker Night at the Inventory) here on Telltale's site were able to get the Team Fortress 2 items just like everybody else(through this site and this site).
  • edited November 2010
    I'd like to see Griff's baseball bat from Part II.
  • edited November 2010
    TF2 / BTTF Pre-Order bonus Idea! (Doc Brown :: Engineer)
    Doc-Engineer.jpg

I'm not looking for any Valve-items backblash, but following the Poker Night / TF2 crossover promotion, I had the thought that the Engineer is a perfect foil for Doc Brown! So why not come up with a BTTF idea?!

The Engineer already has the 'Doc Brown goggles' as his standard appearance, but I realized another iconic gadget of Brown's was his remote control for the DeLorean... make that a skin for The Wrangler! At the same time, make the skin also change the Dispenser to have a Flux Capacitor behind its gauge! This makes it a 2-in-1 skin, similar to the Worms Reloaded hat + Holy Hand Grenades, and would require no stats since they are merely skins.

Summary idea, Pre-Order bonus for TF2:

Doc Brown's Remote :: Wrangler skin

backfuture.jpg

Also causes The Dispenser to have a Flux Capacitor! (but team-colored)
    DispenserCapacitor.jpg

Audio lines:

"Great Scott!"
    "Don't Flux with me!"
    (more pending suggestions)

Also.....

Emmet-Frontier.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Somebody already mentioned giving Doc's gun to the Sniper (which I think works better), but I do like the Remote Control idea.
  • edited November 2010
    Somebody already mentioned giving Doc's gun to the Sniper (which I think works better), but I do like the Remote Control idea.

Good to know, I was only posting Doc's rifle as a lulz thing, not as a suggestion.
    I was just trying to point out all the similarities Doc has with the Engineer. They could do a Doc rifle skin, but it'd be too much like the Frontier Justice I think.
  • edited November 2010
    I vote for Doc's hair to use as an alternative for Texas Slim's Dome Shine. You know you'd want it.
  • edited November 2010
    Epic Kiwi wrote: »
    I vote for Doc's hair to use as an alternative for Texas Slim's Dome Shine. You know you'd want it.

I got that response in my TF2 copy of this thread :o

I had thought of it myself, it's just I thought it might look too weird, although it certainly would complete the look.... hair + remote + flux capacitor...
  • edited November 2010
    On a related note, they could give Marty's jacket to the Scout...

Scout-Marty.gif

(Art from here)
  • edited November 2010
    A huge BTTF & TF2 fan. I came across this today and thought it might be a good idea. Not sure if its too late already to speak with Valve.

Marty's hat when he traveled to the future in Part II as an all class hat

martycap.jpg

Just a thought.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Sorry cgacid, but we're NOT having more than one TF2 thread in the BTTF forum, so I merged them.

WELCOME, nonetheless! :D
  • edited November 2010
    No problem! Thanks for the welcome. :P
  • edited November 2010
    Lol, tonight we sending the Dispencer BACK TO THE FUTURE!.
  • edited November 2010
    Sorry cgacid, but we're NOT having more than one TF2 thread in the BTTF forum, so I merged them.

WELCOME, nonetheless! :D

Vainamoinen can you merge these ones aswell:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20045

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20268

Both entitled 'TF2 items', alot of the same tbh.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    Vainamoinen can you merge these ones aswell?

Thanks for the info, I did that. Didn't think these were so popular. Never played TF2, that's why I don't get a lot of jokes in Poker Night. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Vainamonen: Once you start looking into the abyss that are TF2 fandom memes.... you can never fully go back.

And this is coming from someone who's only played the game for maybe less than a minute or three.

That said, I want Scout to have that 2015 hat. So bad.
  • edited November 2010
    I want Scout to have that 2015 hat. So bad.

I'm totally on-board with having it be a Scout hat, although not cgacid's suggestion for All-Class.
    Scout is the perfect TF2 foil for Marty.

I give you.... Exhibit A

...Aaaand Exhibit B
  • edited November 2010
    DeLorean Fire-trail Bonk! drink for Scout?
    _Duke_ wrote: »
    On a related note, they could give Marty's jacket to the Scout...

Scout-Marty.gif

(Art from here)

Looking back at my own photoshop, I realized there could be a Bonk! Energy Drink skin that changes the effect of the scout running blur into blazing flames, as an ode to the DeLorean's fire trail. It would need to be team-colored, however, so as to not confuse players.

This would mean blue fire for Blu Scouts :3
  • edited December 2010
    God please yes! But i just pre-ordered on the site, not steam can i still get the TF2 items if you make them?
  • edited December 2010
    Hey guys, just found this thread from google!

Thought i would post some of me and my friends work in progress with out tf2 bttf items.

Remember these are still work in progresses, some are not done! (Mainly mine!)

Here is a video of my Flux capacitor backpack

Here are some images of it:

flux04.jpg

I am also working on a set of metal glasses like doc wears in the second movie.
    ProductImage.ashx?img=12487&size=large

Next up my good man Nzdjh has made a SUPER sexy Docs rifle for the sniper.

Winchester.jpg

He is also working on Docs brain wave analyzer from the first film.

Doc-mindreader.jpg

We would also love to hear any other ideas you got for any other BTTF items. Our dream would be for these items to get put into TF2 as promo items for BTTF but we will be releasing them as normal skins for anyone that wants to use them on unpure servers.

Thanks for your time!
  • edited December 2010
    Trey! Welcome to the forums! I'd love to see those ingame, I suggested that you used these as a promo in the TF2 Mod Emporium, so I support this.
  • edited December 2010
    People are already saying they'd buy the games just for the TF2 items: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1535717
  • edited December 2010
    If anyone is interested I have updated the flux capacitor backpack to its final version.

flux06.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAlj97vz2Pc

I will have a download up shortly, then i will start work on the glasses!
  • edited December 2010
    Awesome!
  • edited December 2010
    The plutonium rod is an awesome touch, extremely clever.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.