Back to the Future facebook game

Comments

• edited December 2010
    It should come up automatically....I think
  • edited December 2010
    I'm up to level 4 so far, almost ready to level up again. These little upgrades have really added a lot to the game.
  • edited December 2010
    Appreciably it's one of the game pro's staff guilty pleasures.
    http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/217475/embarassing-games-we-secretly-love/
  • edited December 2010
    I've been playing the game all day today, and I have yet to see the slot game. What gives?
  • edited December 2010
    ^ Yeah me too, I'm at a level 6 and I haven't been able to play Biff's slot machine yet either. What is Heavy Mode?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sure it wasn't actually developed by Telltale but this is something they should keep in mind for all future titles in which the ability to distinguish between certain colors will be required to succeed in the game.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Now, I'm not color blind, but my recent book on the subject of color (James Gurney's "Color and Light") states that about 10% of all males are color blind some way or another. Quite a number!! I'm just throwing this in to back up your claim - with these numbers, the game should really have an option with symbols instead of colors. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    No one has an explanation, color me shocked. I started the game today and the slot game came up.
    What is Heavy Mode?
    Heavy Mode as the information provided states:
    "In Heavy Mode the Flux Capacitor starts with:
    2x Special Molecules
    2x Multiplier Molecules
    Bigger time bonus when you hit 88mph!
    Now go set an incredible score!
    "
  • edited December 2010
    It's just a simple facebook game. You aren't missing much.
  • edited December 2010
    Fair enough, but as I said they need to keep it in mind for other releases.
  • edited December 2010
    hey its coooool!
    and gulp

its all about the balls

just use colors not on blindscale tada! .. symbols Id get lost..unless it was a colored bubble around a symbol
  • edited December 2010
    Typically in these games, the "gems" are all different shapes and different colors, so it's surprising that they overlooked that conventional wisdom here.
  • edited December 2010
    I found another Item, well Marty did..
    The Subpoena, Marty explains how he couldn't believe that Doc once wanted to be a Lawyer
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Lol cool. But in game though The subpoena probably doesn't belong to Doc as a memento.
    It's probably related to his arrest.

Ep 1 will be a courtroom drama in 1931? Epic lol
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    Lol cool. But in game though The subpoena probably doesn't belong to Doc as a memento.
    It's probably related to his arrest.

Ep 1 will be a courtroom drama in 1931? Epic lol
    Great Scott!! 1.21 Jiggowatts!!! in Court! :D
  • edited December 2010
    Great Scott!! 1.21 Jiggowatts!!! in Court! :D

Think an electic chair could generate such power? :D
  • edited December 2010
    So, what items did you guys get? So far I unlocked:
    - Save the Clocktower Flyer ("This flyer has Jennifer's number written on it! Oh, and without it I probably would have been stuck in 1955 forever.")
    - Grays Sports Almanac ("Every sports result of the last 30 years - think of the possibilities! Assuming it doesn't fall into the wrong hands and open up a nightmarish alternate timeline.")
    - A Match Made in Space ("It's my dad's first novel - there's something familiar about that alien on the cover...")
    - New 4x4 keys ("It's the keys to the car I dreamed of owning one day - although that was before I knew about the time-travelling Delorean.")
    - Hill Valley Clock Photo ("Me and Doc look pretty good in this photo! Weird that we were both around when the town clock first started AND when it stopped.")

These are not all the items you can unlock, but I don't have the time to unlock more right now. Anyone who unlocked more items, or someone who has any idea how many there are?

I'm also wondering if the quotes are pulled from the game or made up for this flashgame...
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    I also stopped at level 6.
  • edited December 2010
    Level 7 = Subpoena. I don't know what the description said. Only that Doc once wanted to be a lawyer.
    Level 8 = Letter to Doc. "It's the letter I wrote to warn the Doc about getting shot in 1985 - I guess even he couldn't resist knowing the truth about the future. It's why he eventually built the time machine after all."
  • edited December 2010
    Here's mine :D

bttf_score_small.bmp
  • edited December 2010
    I got the subpoena. The text is: It's the subpoena from my most recent adventure. I can't believe Doc once thought he was going to be a lawyer!"

This is the only one where I didn't get a picture though. Does anyone know if there are any other levels/items after level 8? I need 38,081,950 more points to get to level 8, so I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.:p
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Read my post Tjibbe. You get the letter from Doc after the subpoena.
  • edited December 2010
    im gonna try this =)
  • edited December 2010
    I hadn't noticed there were new soundbites now.
    Like Marty saying: "Great Scott!" (fast)
  • edited December 2010
    Well, my head is buzzing with the BTTF theme, but I got to level 9.
    lvl9.jpg :D
    And before going there, got my best high score ever (and I doubt I'll get it again, was almost hypnotised): thisisheavy.jpg

Tip: When you are changing "rounds" (or whatever you call them) and the game is still making matches, you'll see it doesn't count towards the speed score. So don't go making matches while this is happening, because you'll get the points, but speed will remain at 0. Wait for it to stop, then go for it! :P

PS. I like the "Alright, I'm coming Doc!". Sounds full of determination. :)
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    So what means of cheating did you use? ^^

But please continue! I want to see that other items come after that.
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    So what means of cheating did you use? ^^

None. Sorry to disappoint there.
  • edited December 2010
    2a92txd.png

I nearly flipped out, lmao. I've seen higher scores but this is a milestone for me.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Great! What cheats did you use? ^^
  • edited December 2010
    Oh geez, looks like I just broke the freaking game. It won't even generate the Experiment Results screen.

Attachment not found.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Great! And you used what cheat again? ^^
  • edited December 2010
    No cheats, man. You're just gonna have to accept it. If you're good at finding matches, it's very easy to keep the game going for a good, long time. The game gives you 15 seconds back whenever you fill the Flux Capacitor, and you can do that in well under 15 seconds if you're good, leading to virtually infinite time until you screw up once or twice.

And because all new points are multiplied by your current multiplier, the score starts getting epically huge as the game goes on, especially since there seems to be no limit to how high the multiplier can climb. I had assumed it would max out at x99, but it didn't.
  • edited December 2010
    I got 13 million, SUCK ON IT!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Well, here's item #10 for anyone who's interested.

Attachment not found.

My progress meter has disappeared completely, so I guess that's all of them. At least for now.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh my high score? 31. Million.
    yup.png?t=1293552240
    I believe I have beaten you all.
  • edited December 2010
    Scratch what I posted before. This is now the score to beat. (Check the sidebar or bottom of the window. Main display is on the fritz.)

Attachment not found.
  • edited December 2010
    After a ten minute game of pure luck, 23 million.

2yuf0w1.png
  • edited January 2011
    Syvdby is obviously cheating
  • edited January 2011
    And once again, I'll reiterate that I'm not. I can't help it if the developers made the game easy.
  • edited January 2011
    ^
    You are getting a TellTale game free of choice from me if you can proof you got the score without having manipulated the game. Also no exploiting of computer slowdowns.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.