Most hilarious moments in Ep3 *Spoilers* (of course)

13»

Comments

• edited February 2007
    The singing bear heads remind me of the singing animal heads in Bumpusville.
  • edited February 2007
    The ones during Conroy's song or the ones during the John Murr (sp?) song?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Aren't they the same, or similar, heads in both of those songs?
  • edited February 2007
    I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure they are a different batch of heads. The ones in the show hall during Conroy's song were the more disturbing of the two from what I remembered, mostly because of how many exotic animals they featured.
  • edited February 2007
    man conroy bumpus' song was truly horrific :D :D
  • edited February 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    the John Muir song
    Oh, what a happy memory, that. I nearly fell out of my chair.
  • edited February 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    man conroy bumpus' song was truly horrific :D :D

He'll always be the best the Sam and max villain ever because of that song. :)
  • edited February 2007
    The ones during Conroy's song or the ones during the John Murr (sp?) song?
    John Muir, Famous Naturalist
  • edited February 2007
    I loved that scene in HTR, it felt like I was watching a (very low res) animated movie at that point :P

The delicious irony of dead animals singing about a naturalist was truly genius.
  • edited February 2007
    classic sam and max, and one of my favorite quotes from the episode:

following a line of questioning
    Sam: "Thanks, Max."
    Max: "I'm a little frustrated I wasn't able to work the word "glockenspiel" into your conversation, but you're welcome."
  • edited February 2007
    Didn't know if anyone else noticed this, but on my second going through the game, I thought I caught a minor reference. Maybe it wasn't intentional, but when the mobster was giving S&M the jobs, it seemed very "Spanish Inquisition"-esque.
  • edited February 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    aside from everything already listed........here are some of my favorite parts, some play it again items are mixed in too (i am sure there are more)
    the mobsters threat to turn sam into a screendoor
    what happened to the "old" mr spatula
    the conversation about an ace up your sleeve
    the banter about myra
    the car falling from the sky

I completely missed all that!! I expect these should go in the "play it again" thread, but I must know where these are in the game.
  • edited February 2007
    octochan wrote: »
    I completely missed all that!! I expect these should go in the "play it again" thread, but I must know where these are in the game.
    Fajerkaos to the rescue! :D

Try to shoot at any mob guys... Twice, me'think...
    Look at the "aquarium" in the office.
    Pick up the card... ;)
    Look at the newspaper to the left.
    The end sequence?
  • edited February 2007
    I thought the best bits were all the fancy animations. They definitely seem improved from the first two episodes and it really makes a difference.
  • edited February 2007
    I thought the best bits were all the fancy animations. They definitely seem improved from the first two episodes and it really makes a difference.

Yeah, especially during Max's Death Scene. Even on
    Harry, who has very little facial animation to begin with,
    the subtle quirks of the eyebrow and lip cornors really added to the emotion they were suppose to have.

Kind of makes me want the team to go back to the first two episodes and fix up some areas, you know? Like when Sam & Max meet Brady Culture for the first time. Talk about dead animation.
  • edited February 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    If you want to know how that happened, play episode 1 again. You'll find out right away :D.

Hmm, yeah. I forgot about that. Shame on me :D
  • edited February 2007
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    Fajerkaos to the rescue! :D

kewl, thanks. obviously I wasn't paying attention the first time through, since I know I did all of these except for the first one.
  • edited February 2007
    I have to agree with the previous assessment that the puzzles sometimes seem "too obvious" and as a result you end up missing out on a lot of funny stuff because you solve most of the puzzles on the first try.
    To really get the most out of these episodes, you pretty much just have to go around using everything on everyone else first, before you go and advance the story. It's obvious that they've put a lot of thought into what should happen if you use an item on the "wrong" person, but almost paradoxically, that's something you have to do on purpose.
  • edited February 2007
    I found a funny joke. See if you can find where this is.

Sam: "Maybe we should turn him into the proper authorities."
    Max: "Isn't that us?"
    Sam: "I said 'proper.'"
    Max: "Oh, right..."
  • edited February 2007
    I have to agree with the previous assessment that the puzzles sometimes seem "too obvious" and as a result you end up missing out on a lot of funny stuff because you solve most of the puzzles on the first try.
    To really get the most out of these episodes, you pretty much just have to go around using everything on everyone else first, before you go and advance the story. It's obvious that they've put a lot of thought into what should happen if you use an item on the "wrong" person, but almost paradoxically, that's something you have to do on purpose.

I would agree--but I feel that, if it were a really hard puzzle that I was stuck on for so long that I ended up having to resort to use everything on everything, I would probably not be in the right "mood" to appreciate whatever triggered joke occurs when I incorrectly used the items--I would probably be frustrated or anxious to get through whatever puzzle I was stuck on.
  • edited August 2007
    I loved the intro!

Especially the last two lines:

Sam: "..and he's about to introduce mandatory gun registration.."

Max: "..get the keys!"

I actually laughed out loud the first time I watched it!!
  • edited August 2007
    Even for the wrong episode, that was still a big bump!
  • edited August 2007
    Doe! This isn't the Episode 4 thread!!
  • edited August 2007
    There's been alot of old threads being bumped recently...
  • edited August 2007
    There's been alot of old threads being bumped recently...

New forum members that don't want to get in trouble because they double posted?
  • edited August 2007
    New forum members that don't want to get in trouble because they double posted?

Sorry? :confused:
  • edited August 2007
    I love Maxs speech and I really love the Ted E Bear song Im tempted to buy the soundtrack just because of that song really funny and catchy ;)
  • edited January 2008
    The Yo Mama joke gag was hilarius and they were all true about Lenards Mom Funny! especialy the one were the punch line is "If she fell into a toxic wast dump none would notice" hilarius
Sign in to comment in this discussion.