PC Collector's Disc / DVD suggestions & questions

13»

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2011
    After a quick browse of forum and blog posts, I must admit that it looks like my imagination got the better of me.
    I certainly hope that your fear is unfounded (maybe the season was cheaper because Universal helped fund the game and they wanted to reach a bigger audience?) but I'm beginning to share it...
  • edited March 2011
    reddmhjlh wrote: »
    There is going to be a season end DVD for BTTF from what I understand. It's only available if you pre-ordered the game off of TellTale. You just have to pay for shipping.

that's right. I pre-ordered and got the information that i wil get a dvd. reddmhjih is right.
  • edited March 2011
    can you screen cap that and share it here?
    Because I still have my pre-order confirmation email... it doesn't mention a DVD anywhere.
  • edited March 2011
    I hope that when we get all five episodes, they allow us to download an all-inclusive installer rather than having to install each one seperate in the future. Would make more sense.
  • edited March 2011
    I sent Alan a PM linking this thread asking for a definitive yes or no... if there is going to be a DVD there is no harm in saying "yes there is one" .. if there is not one its fair to come in here and say it to the people that have bought the game.

If there is NOT one and they do not tell us it just seems like a cheap trick getting us to buy the game under the assumption that they will give it the same treatment as all the other seasons.... AND that they want people to continue thinking that so they buy the game.
  • edited March 2011
    And if the answer is "We haven't decided yet," that's okay too, I guess. It's better than hearing nothing.
  • edited March 2011
    I can't remember if it was pre-order only or not, but here is the proof that there will be a collectors DVD at the end of the season.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-727
    edited March 2011
    I can't remember if it was pre-order only or not, but here is the proof that there will be a collectors DVD at the end of the season.

Thanks for dispelling my fears.
    This morning, I checked the blog posts from when the game was first announced to be available for pre-order and when the first episode was released but didn't take the time to go through each archived blog page (I wouldn't have had to go very far either: the first episode release announcement is currently on page 10 of the blog archive, the blog post you're linking to is on page 11!).
    That will teach me to be more thorough in my scouring!
  • edited March 2011

That's a relief to hear. :)
  • edited March 2011
    Well that's good news.... I was really starting to worry, glad I was worrying about nothing.
  • edited March 2011
    As a companion piece to the release date we're now confirming that all purchases of Back to the Future from the Telltale Games Store include a free Collector's DVD which will be published after the conclusion of the season for you to add to your collection - you just pay shipping and handling!

YEEEES!!! I just hope it isn't pre order exclusive. BTW Whats the S+H Price for it to be sent to Miami,Florida.
  • edited March 2011
    Lol you guys.
  • edited March 2011
    Lol you guys.

Yeah, our bad. Sorry. :o
    edited March 2011
    BTW Whats the S+H Price for it to be sent to Miami,Florida.
    To get an idea of the shipping and handling fee to wherever, just put a similar item in your shopping cart and proceed to (but do not complete) checkout.
    Once you have entered your address, you will see how much shipping and handling would be if the item was ready to be ordered (keep in mind that the shipping charges might change between now and when the Back to the Future DVD gets released).

For Florida, shipping costs for one DVD at this time are:

$4.98 for USPS first class mail
    $9.20 for USPS Priority Mail
    $11.17 for FedEx Ground
    $13.95 for FedEx Express Saver 3 Day
    and $16.66 for FedEx 2 Day
  • edited March 2011
    i live in florida, and about the Dvd.. i'm in!
  • edited April 2011
    I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered somwhere else - I couldn't find it on the forum:

Will BTTF get a DVD edition in the likes of ToMI and Jurassic Park after all the episodes are completed? I'm strictly against buying digital "content" out of principle, but the moment I learned Tales of Monkey Island will be out on a physical disk I bought the whole season, and I even pre-ordered Jurassic Park today, even though I know almost nothing about the game - such is my faith in Telltales as a developer :) (I've done this with only a single other publisher in my long gaming history)

Despite my best efforts though, I could find no announcement about a BttF DVD edition and I'd really like to support the devs (again, I haven't even played the game - still, I find their working ethics and attitude towards customers - as shown until now- as enough of a basis to support them). I'd very much like to buy BttF and it doesn't seem to make sense that it won't be released on DVD as other titles are - but can someone from the team (or a well-informed forum user) share some light on the subject?
  • edited April 2011
    Yes it will:)
    edited April 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yes it will:)
    And here's the source.
  • edited April 2011
    Thanx a lot, guys.

One BttF Season 1 order is on the way :-)
  • edited April 2011
    do you know if after finishing the game will be released a DVD containing all 5 episodes can be purchased in stores?:D
  • edited April 2011
    I think they just got a boxset thing of Tales of Monkey Island into storeS (saw one at an EB Games), so I'd say given enough time, yeah, it'll be in-stores.

You can also buy a DVD of the games when all 5 are released on the Telltale store, or if you already own it, you can get it without paying for anything but the postage.
  • edited April 2011
    Well then it is confirmed by teltale?
    Let me know when it is published even if I trussed the game stop?
    or maybe on the network?
  • edited April 2011
    They've already confirmed a DVD collection (just like with every previous episodic series they've done). If you pre-ordered the game you get the DVD for free (though you still have to pay shipping and handling).
  • edited April 2011
    They've already confirmed a DVD collection (just like with every previous episodic series they've done). If you pre-ordered the game you get the DVD for free (though you still have to pay shipping and handling).

but you should only buy from the Telltale site or you can even buy games in stores?
    And then the game will be played in full instead of chapters?
    That is, we will install and play from the beginning to the end without playing chapters?
  • edited April 2011
    Even in retail copies, the Telltale games have always been divided into chapter. I can't say if this will carry over to Back to the Future, but there is a precedent for the chapters to stay separate.
  • edited April 2011
    Do we get a disc at the end of the season? thanks
  • edited April 2011
    Yes, you will. You have to pay for the shipping, of course, but the disc itself is free and will be released after all five episodes.
  • edited April 2011
    Yes, you will. You have to pay for the shipping, of course, but the disc itself is free and will be released after all five episodes.

It's a fact. Look it up.
  • edited April 2011
    It's a fact. Look it up.

Geez Doc, We have been together for a minute and already you are starting to sound like Edna!
  • edited April 2011
    Hi, I tried this out on ps3 but I like having Physical backups because I have a history of computers crashing and losing data forever. When you order the pc version does it come with a disc and does it have all episodes or is it all just downloads?
    edited April 2011
    When you order the PC version, you will be able to get a disc with the episodes and special features at the end of the season (and downloads in the meantime, as the episodes get released).
    Telltale's season discs are usually up for pre-order around the time when the last episode is up for download and they usually start shipping a few months later.
    The disc is free (plus shipping costs) for whoever bought the downloadable version from the Telltale Store.
    Be aware that even if you already bought the downloadable version, you will still have to place a separate order for the disc (Telltale doesn't just send discs automatically to everyone who bought the downloadable version, as not everyone wants to get a disc or to pay shipping costs).
  • edited April 2011
    Also I feel compelled to point out:
    On a console such as ps3 (or xbox) game purchases are tied to your account.
    Even if the console DOES crash and die when you get it replaced you can log back into your account and will be freely able to re-download anything you bought on that account before.

Physical backups aren't vital for consoles, only really for pcs and even then you can avoid that using backup services such as mac's time capsule to send stuff to a second HDD or using s service like Carbonite and save your files in the cloud.
  • edited April 2011
    You don't even need a physical copy for PC really, unless you are emotionally attached to your save file. You can re-download any game you perchance from Telltale's website.
  • edited April 2011
    Well now that the game is almost done. Time for those of us who ordered from Telltale directly to have details on the CD we were told we could get. =D

Just wondering if they will have anything special in them, or bug fixes etc. That and still am hoping for better sound quality, which would make the hard copy really special and worth it.

Just thought id post and see if there are any details on the cd. =)
  • edited April 2011
    There probably won't be any details till Episode 5 is released or about to release.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.