PC Collector's Disc / DVD suggestions & questions

Comments

• edited December 2010
    They totally COULD do that... kind of like the Sam and Max X-Mas vid.....
  • edited December 2010
    mateo360 wrote: »
    I think you mean GTA not BTTF. It already is BTTF

D'OH yeah, You're right..... and here I am too lazy to change it now... :D
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    D'OH yeah, You're right..... and here I am too lazy to change it now... :D

There is kinda no point in editing mistakes like that, because it renders all the other posts about this mistake useless :p
    They totally COULD do that... kind of like the Sam and Max X-Mas vid.....

Or the players, after the release of the last episode, who have much time on their hands :p Which reminds me, it's kinda a bummer that I never really made too much progress on the ToMI movie. Though, incidentally, a movie out of the BttF game would be MUCH easier to make due to the relative absence of the pure adventure-game elements (heck, if I'd start doing it, I would actually finish okay, not like ToMI), BUT. The interface is so clunky (i.e. big and takes a lot of place) that it's impossible to film many moments. While ToMI had small dialog windows at the bottom and a non-existent interface on the screen (bar the cursor which can be easily hidden), BttF has a dialog window which takes up half the screen, those HUGE interface buttons on the top (which before disappearing slide away, taking precious seconds from any kind of cutscene footage), AND the mouse cursor is so big that putting it in the corner is NOT enough. I know what I'm talking about, I tried to do some test footage of some BttF:Ep1 scenes 'movie-fied' (well, I wanted to make the Twin Pines Mall beginning and the police truck ending). In the first footage it's impossible to answer fast enough in the cutscene-dialogs to make the dialog window not appear (I pressed 'enter' like mad, it still prompted only after the options window totally appeared and took half the screen), and though the prison truck footage is a lot more doable, those icons are a pain.
  • edited December 2010
    The collectors box should look like a flux capacitor...
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    The collectors box should look like a flux capacitor...

With working lights. I like where this is going.
  • edited December 2010
    With working lights. I like where this is going.
    And that actually allows time travel. Provided you install it in a DeLorean, of course, since you need the stainless steel construction for the flux dispersal.
  • edited December 2010
    Please, subtitles for the DVD extras this time. Not translation, just transcription
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    And that actually allows time travel. Provided you install it in a DeLorean, of course, since you need the stainless steel construction for the flux dispersal.

No problem http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/delorean-overview
  • edited December 2010
    I'm new to telltale, especially when it comes to these DVDs they do. What exactly are on these dvds?
  • edited December 2010
    How about a Blu-Ray option?
  • edited December 2010
    Know what would be cool for the DVD menu? The 1931 courthouse (or perhaps the 1986A courthouse, if it's more interesting), framed in the same way as the courthouse menus used on the main trilogy's DVDs:
  • edited December 2010
    trekker26 wrote: »
    I'm new to telltale, especially when it comes to these DVDs they do. What exactly are on these dvds?

From what I understand, the full season for your PC as well as extra features. Also, any fixes that they decide to do.
  • edited December 2010
    trekker26 wrote: »

Besides the games themselves there is usually.

Developer commentary videos that play in a DVD player.

Concept art...

trailers..

other videos.. like promo vids that the team does ... or elsewhere.
  • edited December 2010
    Hmm, apparently other regions of the BTTF dvd's had a different view of the courthouse square that I think looks a bit nicer:
    bttf1_menu_ws_r4.jpg
    bttf2_menu_ws_r4.jpg
    bttf3_menu_ws_r4.jpg

Makes it a lot clearer as to where and when each menu is set. It doesn't look like these have the animated sky in the background, though. Seems like a compromise could be reached for this DVD
  • edited December 2010
    What did they do for the Blurays?
  • edited December 2010
    For the Blurays, each era starts with the DeLorean vanishing leaving fire trails, with the BTTF2 DeLorean flying and leaving a stormy skyway behind, and the BTTF3 DeLorean on the rails.
  • edited January 2011
    Oh..... I think the Blitz through time game should also be on the DVD
  • edited January 2011
    I'd love to see an emulated version of Back to the Future the Pinball. Many game consoles have great table emulators used for compilation titles. Let's bring back the pinball classic!
  • edited January 2011
    Audio commentary, concept art, interviews with voice actors and some kind of behind the scenes documentary :) (aside from the one already posted)
  • edited February 2011
    One of the things I loved about the DVD releases of the first two seasons of Sam & Max was that you could watch a playthrough of the games like they were movies, or indeed episodes of a TV show. But the most recent Telltale releases haven't had that option. Sure, you can watch the episodes of Sam & Max season 3 with commentary, but there's no option to watch the episodes without commentary. So I think for the DVD release of BTTF: the game, you should be able to watch the cutscenes without commentary. This is something that I think would make sense for this particular license, because we know that there's a lot of Back To The Future fans that aren't gamers, and might not want to put up with solving a lot of puzzles (even admittedly simple ones like we've seen so far in the game) to experience the next installment of the Back To The Future saga.

So to sum up my idea: let people watch the cutscenes without commentary on the Back To The Future: The Game DVD release.

That's my two cents.

Comments?
  • edited February 2011
    Agreed. It'd be like watching BTTF4. :D
  • edited February 2011
    They are releasing BttF the game on DVD?
  • edited February 2011
    They are releasing BttF the game on DVD?

Buy the complete game through Telltale's website, then after all the episodes are out you will (somewhat later) be able to get a DVD of it for the price of postage.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    You mean, actually finally have this turned into a movie without those annoying adventure gaming sequences in between?

...I don't like it. :(
  • edited February 2011
    I think he means the whole game on a dvd. Thanks FitzoliverJ for the info!
  • edited February 2011
    I suggested this a couple months back but I would love to see 'Back to the Future: The Pinball' as a bonus feature on the disc. There are so many great pinball emulation apps around, shouldn't bee too hard to recreate the old Data East table. It'd be a nice touch for BTTF fans who may own every 'video game' title but don't have an actual physical BTTF pinball machine.
  • edited February 2011
    That would be sweet!
  • edited February 2011
    What would be REALLY nice are english subtitles, just transcriptions, no need for translations (though that would be greater!). English subtitles for the commentaries and so would be great for non-english-speakers.
  • edited February 2011
    I agree, I love the commentary, but I also like just watching the story unfold in cutscenes after I've beaten it. I've always enjoyed that option and missed it when it wasn't available. The first two Sam and Max season dvds had that, and watching through the cutscene in an unbroken sequence got me so much back into the spirit of the story and really fuelled my desire to then go back and watch them all again with commentary to find out the how and why and hear funny stories. I hope both options are available on the BttF disc.
  • edited February 2011
    While it's NOT official & the case isn't perfect, the disc cover looks great. So if anyone wants a custom case/disc cover; enjoy it free here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d8r2vuq1vbl5cgy
  • edited February 2011
    Hey just a thought, since those of us who bought the game here have the option of getting the DVD hard copy at the end of the series. I was wondering, while I understand the Digital download should be quick and painless and a low HD space footprint. The DVD install wouldnt need that. Is it possible to get a higher quality sound version for the DVD? Better voice sampling and so? That would really make the DVD version something special. =)

Just a thought. Would be nice. =D
  • edited February 2011
    I don't think there are any changes ever made to the dvd versions of any Telltale series. Those versions just have extras like making of videos.

Though it would be awesome of course if the sound problems would be fixed for the dvd.
  • edited February 2011
    Im surprised no one else would sign and support this idea tho. Would be really good tho to have a good reason to have a hard copy. =D
  • edited March 2011
    After reading the JP FAQ. Ive been wondering. Will we be getting a end of season DVD like JP. Or is that JP exclusive.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2011
    So long as you bought the game from the Telltale Store, you will be given the opportunity to buy an end-of season DVD (it's usually up for pre-order around the end of the season and starts shipping a few months later).
  • edited March 2011
    I do not think they have actually said there would definitely be a season end DVD... I hope there is.... It was also cheaper than some of the other seasons... I wonder if they are planning on not having one... it would have been nice if they had said so....
  • edited March 2011
    There is going to be a season end DVD for BTTF from what I understand. It's only available if you pre-ordered the game off of TellTale. You just have to pay for shipping.
  • edited March 2011
    where did you get that information?

look at the product description there is no mention of it.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/backtothefuture

as opposed to the product description for JP and all other things that had a DVD
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/jurassicpark

notice if you will they do have games that do not have a DVD like texas hold 'em, Puzzle agent, and Night at the inventory... BttF could be their first full season without one....

I do think that is something they should have made clear... but when ever it is mentioned... I do not recall a single person from TTG saying there would be a DVD... In fact I fully suspect they will not confirm or deny it in this thread as long as the season is on-going they would risk losing customers because some of those customers are assuming there will be one...

if there isn't a DVD the TTG eats babies threads are almost always entertaining.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2011
    reddmhjlh wrote: »
    There is going to be a season end DVD for BTTF from what I understand. It's only available if you pre-ordered the game off of TellTale. You just have to pay for shipping.

The end-of-season DVD for Telltale's games has never been limited to pre-orderers and probably never will be.
    While Irishmile is right that there doesn't seem to be any information on the website regarding the end-of-season-DVD, I'm positive that I've at the very least imagined that there would be one! ;)
    Let me scour the forums and see if I can dig up any official Telltale word regarding the DVD.
  • edited March 2011
    I hope you are right .. but for the life of me I do not recall anyone on the TTG team talking about it.... I fear they may be pulling a fast one on us.

they will be able to claim "we never said there would be one" and "BTTF was cheaper than our other full seasons"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.