PC Collector's Disc / DVD suggestions & questions

edited April 2011 in Back to the Future
I know its a bit early for this but I thought it would be a good idea to say what sort of bonus content we would like to see on the DVD.

I for one would like to see some of the voice acting sessions.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    -All the released artwork
    -Some side-stories through comic animation.
    -A lot of behind the scenes stuff
    -Flash game Blitz Through Time (For collection sake)
  • edited December 2010
    DVD collection is gonna be PC-only, right? No collection on PS3?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm not sure they're going to read this but the following would be nice :
    • Making of Hill Valley (and adapting it to the various time periods)
    • Making the characters (design, animation, likeness, that sort of thing)
    • Making the Delorean (Someone mentioned this in another thread, would be cool)
    • Making The Story arc (I supposed there's one throughout the game)

Also throw a couple of concept art in there... Would make a very nice making-of DVD.

And as I was writing this, I realized they probably did a documentary, judging that the mini-trailers/featurettes we've seen so far. So, it's probably already all planned :)
  • edited December 2010

Because they have no idea who bought the PS3 games. Only through their stores can they know what to do.
  • edited December 2010

Probably not. The only time Telltale's done a console disc collection for one of their episodic series has been the Wii versions of the first two Sam and Max seasons, and that was only because WiiWare's file limit wouldn't let them make the seasons downloadable like they did with XBLA.

Anyway, if earlier DVDs are anything to go by, we can definitely expect at least concept art and developer commentary.
  • edited December 2010
    Some kind of commentary from Bob Gale and/or Christopher Lloyd, if possible. I'd especially like to hear how Bob Gale feels about the game as a continuation of the BTTF story once he's seen it fully realized.
  • edited December 2010
    :confused:Will the game be on disc and if so how long will fans have to wait????
  • edited December 2010
    Yes, it will be on disc for PC not sure how long after but it will be available some time after the final episode has been released.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok What about ps3
  • edited December 2010
    If we already bought the game from telltale, will we be sent a disc when it's released?
    Or will we have to buy the disc?
  • edited December 2010
    sethf11 wrote: »
    If we already bought the game from telltale, will we be sent a disc when it's released?
    Or will we have to buy the disc?

OK, when you buy the game from Telltale, they will send you the download of the game in 'My Games' list when it is ready. Now, some time later, when the season is over and all 5 episodes are released, you can pre-order the disk. Its free (since you already bought the episodes), you just need to pay for shipping & handling (like $5).
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Expect the DVD to be released sometime around August/September.
  • edited December 2010
    OK, when you buy the game from Telltale, they will send you the download of the game in 'My Games' list when it is ready. Now, some time later, when the season is over and all 5 episodes are released, you can pre-order the disk. Its free (since you already bought the episodes), you just need to pay for shipping & handling (like $5).

Hehehe in some places. In lots of other places it can go up to $20. I still remember the whole TMI DVD debacle.
  • edited December 2010
    I just ordered the game!! However there was no mention of a DVD at the season end as some have mentioned... Is that offer over?
  • edited December 2010
    Nor was there any mention of any of my money going to the M J Fox fund :-(
  • edited December 2010
    Yes, you can have the DVD at the cost of shipping whenever it comes out.

Money for MJ Fox fund was only for preorder deals, though.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks for the info, I assume they just email us all at the end of the season with the details on how to get the DVD... It's definately something I want for the collection! In a digital age it's still nice to have a physical product :-)
  • edited December 2010
    DeadbeatUK wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, I assume they just email us all at the end of the season with the details on how to get the DVD... It's definately something I want for the collection! In a digital age it's still nice to have a physical product :-)

There isn't much of a detail to be told, actually. After season ends they'll work on DVD and immediately post a placeholder of it on the store. You can grab it there for 0$ and add it to your cart. And then you'll wait for them to finish with the DVD and start shipping them out. But yes, they'll mail you.

Well... Digital age or whatever, really. Colorful yet arranged stuff looks hot on shelves!
  • edited December 2010
    I bought the BttF season on the TTG website, but didn't preorder, do I still get the DVD?
  • edited December 2010
    Yep, when the whole season ends.
  • edited December 2010
    Awesome, thanks.
  • edited December 2010
    To be clear, "Probably a few months after the season ends". It generally takes awhile for them to put together the special features and author the discs.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't really mind, as long as I get it eventually.
  • edited December 2010
    And you will have to place a new order for the DVD. It will be free (but you have to pay shipping)
  • edited December 2010
    Its nice to see one of these threads end up with a "NO!....... er I mean YES... yes you will get the DVD"
  • edited December 2010
    First off I know its a little early to talk DVD, with the first EP just now hitting the World wide... interwebbernet. But how can it hurt to start hearing NOW what your fans would like to see on the DVD... that way you guys have some time to make it happen.

First off I was REALLY happy to see a DVD menu back for the third season of Sam and Max.... It was the biggest thing that disappointed me about my TOMI disc... TOMI needed a nice menu..... SO.

1 give BTTF menu screens.... its really nice seeing them when I pop it into my DVD player.

2 I really love those commentaries... keep up the good work on that... BUT can we go back to having the option to turn the commentary off? I actually really liked sometimes just sitting back and watching the game played for me.. it was like watching a cartoon.... its the biggest feature my kids missed on the newest DVDs

3 Bring back physical goodies in a special collectors box edition.... I do not mind paying extra for it.... just give me the option to do so... Maybe you should sell them at the START of the "season" to get more people to buy it.... I imagine SOME fans lose interest as the season goes on... so offer it at the start to get more sales to make it worth the time for you guys to do it.... Just make it clear they get it at the end.

4 behind the scenes stuff.... put on some clean clothes and get on camera ... we want to see how the games are made..

5 More concept art... scripts.... interviews.

6 The DVD should be THE ultimate copy do not leave things out the loyal TTG fans that bought directly from you want.. YOU KNOW I am talking about NUTRISPECS..... it should have been on the DVD... I like hearing everything you had the actors act.

Other ideas? Anyone?
  • edited December 2010
    7. A fourth feature-length BTTF movie with MJ Fox in the leading role of course. If they don't put that on there I will be extremely disappointed
    YES THAT WAS A JOKE
  • edited December 2010
    I would pay EXTRA EXTRA for your number 7
  • edited December 2010
    I hope on DVD will be many subtitles to choose. Eg POLISH! :D

I hope I could play using DVD offline :p
  • edited December 2010
    Also, I'd give almost anything to have TTG make a horrible "GTA" bttf game, with bad graphics, horrible VAs, etc...
  • edited December 2010
    it would be funny to tease the people who want this to be a BTTF clone.. by having Marty say something like "I cant just steal a car and go shooting up the city"
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    it would be funny to tease the people who want this to be a BTTF clone.. by having Marty say something like "I cant just steal a car and go shooting up the city"

I think you mean GTA not BTTF. It already is BTTF
  • edited December 2010
    yeah, he could say stuff like "i really should not shoot him. i dont wanna mess up his timeline", lol :D
  • edited December 2010
    So, im unfamiliar with Telltales "Collectors" DVDs so im here asking, what exactly does it include expect the game ofcourse? I'm REALLY hoping for some physical goodies since i like that sort of stuff like,posters,a small marty bust (you pay extra), autographed CDs? So? Tell me!:p
  • edited December 2010
    I haven't gotten their most recent DVD yet (Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse), but many have said that it's their best DVD yet.

I have the Tales of Monkey Island DVD, which contains 35-45 minute commentaries on each episode and a LOT of concept art. I thought it was a great DVD, though it is not regarded as one of the better ones on this forum, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what the rest of the DVD's are like, and BTTF.

I think at the moment, we can at least expect concept art and commentaries.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok ok. I really hope you will get a poster or something similiar!
  • edited December 2010
    i want a collectors edition, just like they did with tales of monkey island (if youre not familiar with that, just have a look at the store and compare the normal dvd-edition and teh collectors edition). i'll pay extra, no problem
  • edited December 2010
    8. Create a 4th movie using BTTF : Game cutscenes
  • edited December 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    i want a collectors edition, just like they did with tales of monkey island (if youre not familiar with that, just have a look at the store and compare the normal dvd-edition and teh collectors edition). i'll pay extra, no problem
    Yes that looks great! I will also pay extra!! If they do this, they should add something from each time period. 1931,2015 etc etc.
  • edited December 2010
    Terpor wrote: »
    8. Create a 4th movie using BTTF : Game cutscenes

This. Very much, this.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.