Changing subtitle/voice language (merged threads)

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    exactly.
    Yes, I think as well, it makes the choice automatically, but I hoped it would only do that on installation and then read it from a .ini file which I could change.

Is there no way to force the language? A parameter for the .exe file?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Would ANYONE please search for the old threads before opening new ones or AT LEAST post in the FAQ thread? We've got about a dozen threads on that topic already! Search for djNb's post, he has a permanent solution. In any other case, change the Ländereinstellungen to US.
  • edited December 2010
    OK, I live and speak native german. My system is in german.

But when I download the english version (the language I prefer way before german) I get german subtitles, german episode name, german menu (even the one in windows before the start), german explanation titles, german mpc questions and so on and so on.

How can this be and how can I disable this very annoying thing to play this game properly and how it was meant to be played. In this state it's not playable.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2010
    This might not be the ideal solution, but is a working solution anyway.
    Here's the English version of the workaround.
  • edited December 2010
    I know this and I edited my registry which is easier. But I don't want to do that. As long as I life I can choose which language I want to speak / hear / read for myself.

Don't be like those EA guys and say "you have to, because you're spanish, italian, german, russian etc."
  • edited December 2010
    you edited your registry? to do what? to change the regional setting or to add one little value thats solves all your problems?

there's a search function, please use it next time... you're just the one millionst person thats asking this question .....

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21503
  • edited December 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    you edited your registry? to do what? to change the regional setting or to add one little value thats solves all your problems?

there's a search function, please use it next time... you're just the one millionst person thats asking this question .....

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21503

Well thats a solution by users. Where is the normal solution by the guys who progged this. That's the main question here and not what Mister X does to get it into english.

What needed is SUPPORT by TELLTALE and NOT the USERS! For what do we pay them?
  • edited December 2010
    im not talking about the "do-it-yourself"-solution, im talking about using a simple reg-file, it wont get any easier, its just two clicks with your mouse

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EXC7LKTP
  • edited December 2010
    Three or more if you miss-click.
  • edited December 2010
    actually it are at least 9 clicks if you count downloading and extracting the file, lol.
  • edited December 2010
    Funny guys here.

I think I'm able to use regedit and so on. Even normal DOS and UNIX is not the problem. The problem is that there is no patch or updated version which lets YOU decide what language you wanna play from the devs.

But, I think some guys might be a bit deaf (blind) in this forum to see the main reason why I posted.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.