The '' I completed episode 1'' thread

13»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Capitalist wrote: »
    One thing I have been wondering, is if the time machine got duped in the lightning storm in BTTF 2, is this the real Doctor Brown that we have been talking to in episode 1, or has he been duped too?
    Well, it's the Doc who ended up in the Old West and married Clara, etc., if that's what you're asking. I don't see how the DeLorean duplication could have happened without duplicating the contents of the DeLorean as well, but who knows if we'll find out what happened to the other Doc.
  • edited December 2010
    Are we sure it is that doc? He claims to be, but do we have any proof besides his words?
  • edited December 2010
    I would also say "I loved every single hours" - the problem is: I finished the game in under an hour!
    TOO SHORT!!
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    It props up the tables so the barrels don't roll away.

Well obviously I know that now! :rolleyes:

The point I was making was the puzzle should have made me aware of that when I was doing it - I just shouldn't have been able to interact with the door, or get Doc to prop it open before I knew why I wanted to...

Anyway, re-reading my last (first!) post sounded pretty negative, so I should say I loved the art and the voice work!
  • edited December 2010
    I would also say "I loved every single hours" - the problem is: I finished the game in under an hour!
    TOO SHORT!!

Same thoughts here. Although very true game to the orginal movies in feel and also technically, but I also would have expected little bit longer gaming experience. At least this part was also easy, so experienced adventure game players shouldn't have much challenge in this.

I love the movies and I love the game as this is the first and only faithful representation about the universe and characters of the movie series. 10/10 from me, and big thanks to Telltale. Can't wait till February and the next episode and I hope there's a bit more play time and difficulty then!
  • edited December 2010
    TOO SHORT!!

how? did you skip every dialog? come on, adventure games are made to enjoy them, not for speedruns
  • edited December 2010
    TOO SHORT!!
    Under an hour? You must have skipped the dialogue.
  • edited December 2010
    Masta23 wrote: »
    At least for me, it wasn't under an hour, but far less than it takes to complete a single chapter of Sam & Max for example and this one was also a lot easier.

Come on guys, you can't say that BTTF first episode was a) difficult b) inlcluded lot of game play (locations, characters). I played the game through hardly without thinking what I should do next and that is not a good feature in a game that has it's roots in classic point and click adventures.

I can just hope that future parts are longer and/or more challenging. Difficulty and play time are the only complain, though and BTTF the game is still a superb product.
  • edited December 2010
    Found this first episode to the game to be very enjoyable. The story line is a brilliant start for a Back To The Future game. At first I was a bit skeptical of the choice of graphics upon seeing it, but once I jumped into the game it was excellent. There were a few minor parts that needed a bit of work, but overall rating is a 9 out of 10. In the end when it comes to gaming for me its the story and graphics that win me over.
  • edited December 2010
    What a cliffhanger!
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander wrote: »
    b) Kid getting arrested (by some cop, maybe he's the one Marty accidentally forced to crash)

Not just any cop--Doc says the cop's name is Danny Parker, and that plus the synopsis given for the next episode implies he's an ancestor of Jennifer Parker (Marty's girlfriend).
  • edited December 2010
    Wow, I just got through the 1st episode of BTTF and I loved it. It really feels like the same Hill Valley and characters we know and love, as well as new characters and events we never seen until now. I also was suprised about how useful Einstine was in this game. And after that ending, I gotta know what happens next in Feb. Keep up the great work!
  • edited December 2010
    I'm a huge fan of the movies and playing this game was totally awesome.
    I had a cold shower when I first heard the bttf theme they put in the game (when they show the credits @ Docs place). Is it available for download? :)

Too bad we had to wait 25 years for a good bttf game, but beter laten than never! Bring on february!
  • edited December 2010
    Masta23 wrote: »

No I didn't. The game was simply too easy. I simply didn't have to think much. The puzzles were too easy, it all went too fast. For example the last part - I simply went right, saw the toolbox, took the tool, saw the antenna, took it, went left, "opened" the tire, took the cap, went to the window, didn't have to "think much" what to do (antenna, anyone?), used cap, doc, got the keys, done. I mean, this all didn't take more than 2 minutes or so. (I know because I was smoking, and I hadn't even smoked half of the cigarette and it finished, lol).
  • edited December 2010
    darb wrote: »
    You ever try the hill valley mod for vice city?I haven't messed with it in a long time but it would be really great if they could actually finish it

Yeah i played it when they 1st started the mod, then my computer crashed and my current computer isnt fast enough to play ( I think they may be releasing it soon. its been a year since the last release.
  • edited December 2010
    It already takes more than 2 minutes to exhaust all of Doc's dialogue during that scene when talking to him through the window...

And why would anyone skip that?
  • edited December 2010
    No I didn't. The game was simply too easy. I simply didn't have to think much. The puzzles were too easy, it all went too fast. For example the last part - I simply went right, saw the toolbox, took the tool, saw the antenna, took it, went left, "opened" the tire, took the cap, went to the window, didn't have to "think much" what to do (antenna, anyone?), used cap, doc, got the keys, done. I mean, this all didn't take more than 2 minutes or so. (I know because I was smoking, and I hadn't even smoked half of the cigarette and it finished, lol).
    Talking to Doc and exhausting the dialogue would have taken longer than 2 minutes.
  • edited December 2010
    I was really dissapointed with how easy it was, I was hoping for a few puzzles that would require me to think, I do remember episode 1 of Tales of Monkey Island being ridiculously easy though and that got a bit harder as it went on so hopefully the same will happen with this??
    As it stands BTTF is not really a game, it is just cutscenes and walking around talking to characters, for what it is it's great, the story and graphics and everything are really nice, can we just have some gameplay now please??
  • edited December 2010
    Just finished it today for the first time and have been playing the game since the day of release with no hints or walkthrough. However, I did get stuck on the scene where Marty is at the top of the rotunda, I wasn't sure of what to do. I was stuck on it for 2 days and finally consulted the walk through for that moment only. After that, I was flying.
  • edited December 2010
    I love the beginning of story!
    I can't believe their can rebuilt doc's first temporal displacement experiment in video view!
    I am very very happy!

But I don't much like this episode!
    Because I don't understand this story!
    Why doc is in 1931?
    Where is doc's wife?
    Where is the time train?
    How can Einstein back to 1986 itself?

I think the story should start in doc take the train and fly away!

Sorry of my bad english!
  • edited February 2011
    I loved all of it
  • edited February 2011
    hk_ben wrote: »
    I love the beginning of story!
    I can't believe their can rebuilt doc's first temporal displacement experiment in video view!
    I am very very happy!

But I don't much like this episode!
    Because I don't understand this story!
    Why doc is in 1931?
    Where is doc's wife?
    Where is the time train?
    How can Einstein back to 1986 itself?

I think the story should start in doc take the train and fly away!

Sorry of my bad english!

If you talk to Doc when he's in jail he'll explain everything to you.
  • edited February 2011
    Amazing. I thought I was the only one. So hard!
  • edited February 2011
    I really enjoyed playing through Episode 1. It was a bit short. The storyline is very good. But, maybe its just me, but i did have to go for the Hints button alot. xD I did find some of the game a bit confusing though.
    Loved the music in it.

Im just impatiently waiting for the 2nd ep. Hurry up!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    What were your impressions about the first episode, i personally loved every single hour..minutes and seconds.
    First i thought it would be hard for Telltale to capture the spirit of Back to the future like it was back in the days, but they nailed it..
    Puzzles were all awesome, especially the one with young Emmet Brown giving me directions while having that conversation with his father.

What did and didn't you look about the first episode?

Telltale, you made me hungry for more..
    See you all in February on the forums..

Greets,

FlyingDelorean

Everyone is aloud there opinion but if im gonna be truthfull everyone seems to be exgaratting a bit of how good it is my reason:

I know that games are meant to be fun and all and not entirely realistic but I couldn't help feel it didn't fit with Back To The Future all that well, even with some help from Bob Gale. A lot of walking a round whilst combining things for a silly outcome doesn't fit all that well for BTTF. McFly's voice actor did a better job than Christopher Lloyd who now sounds like he's dying from dehydration. It could have been better.
    It seems too be lacking a certain 'Bttf' Charm, even thought they were easy I feel it concentrates a lot more on puzzles than back to the future which after all the game is about!!!

(I hope i didnt write anything to harsh but i want to be truthfull, it is ok but need a big improvment if telltale wants to serouisly impress fans.
  • edited February 2011
    Krohn wrote: »
    Now we only have to solve one mystery...
    Why are there that many manure trucks in hill valley, and why do they magically attract Tannens :)
    The Tannen family is just genre-savvy that way.
  • edited February 2011
    i completed ep. 1 but....did anyone else know that if you play the guitar (without the amp controls on) and mr. cool daddy doesnt cut biff off...biff plays a full verse of a song..of course he doesnt get any of the words right. i forgot to hit the amplifier controls..so i found this on accident. a happy accident that locked me into this game
  • edited March 2011
    Just completed episode 1, gotta buy the rest of the series, episode 2 is out and I gotta play it!
  • edited March 2011
    Krohn wrote: »
    Now we only have to solve one mystery...
    Why are there that many manure trucks in hill valley, and why do they magically attract Tannens :)

It's the same one for many generorations! :eek:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.