Raptors

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    Uhhh...Raptors CAN open doors. Hence, why the next immediate shot was a Raptor opening a door. :confused:

I know, thats what im saying. The person above me said that they thought the raptor in the freezer. My point was it makes more sence for a raptor to open a door to get out of a shed then for a raptor to be able to get out of a locked freezer. I didn't deny that they could open doors.
  • edited March 2011
    Well never mind then...:o
  • edited March 2011
    Spinosaurus aegypticius is in the same family as Baryonyx and Suchomimus if I remember correctly. I just love how everyone assumes Spinosaurus is huge when we've only found portions of its skull, a few ribs, and a couple of spines and maybe a couple of tailbones. This dinosaur could have a short tail and be hunched down on tiny legs.

As for the raptors, yes there were raptor tracks leading away from the eggs. And there's also this possibility. They might have bred before the events of the movie and the babies merely escaped. They might have been small enough to creep out of that pen.

Spinosauruses were huge: http://www.photofunblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Spinosaurus-Aegyptiacus.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Holy shit.. this thread is badass! Omfg, this is totally my new hangout stuff to keep me from studying!!! >.<;;!!

( Btw, I should be studying muscle anatomy.. I have a practical on Monday. >>; )

So, was the "big one" locked in the freezer? Or killed by the Rex? I'm really curious to know which the two "henchmen" and the "big one" were in relation to the first movie. If the Alpha Female was so intelligent, maybe she was the one to sneak up on Ellie? And would she be smart enough to fall for Lex's reflection? Hmm.
  • edited March 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    It's not based on the book franchise but the movie, but yes those were raptor footprints that were trailing off.

He found hatched eggs as well.
  • edited March 2011
    Translation CAN change meanings indeed!!!
    For me it always was obvious that the raptor Ellie locked in the shed was the same that followed Tim and Lex to the kitchen.
    This was indicated by the dialogue - which I got used to in my mother tongue GERMAN - between Grant and Ellie.
    Grant: "Nur die zwei Raptoren, richtig? Bist du dir sicher, dass du den dritten eingesperrt hast?"
    Sattler: "Ja. Es sei denn, er hat rausgekriegt, wie man Türen öffnet."

Translated to english this would be:
    Grant: "Just the two Raptors, right? Are you sure you locked the third one?"
    Sattler: "Yes, unless it found out, how to open doors."

CUT TO
    kitchen door, being opened.

So it seemed clear that this raptor was the one Ellie locked in the shed.

The original english dialogue was actually a bit different.
    Grant: "Just the two Raptors, right? You sure the third one's contained?"
    Sattler: "Yes, unless they figure out how to open doors."

So when "they figure out how to open doors" the raptor at the kitchen door could be any of the 3.
    But still no one of the three should have survived. remember 2 were eaten or torn into pieces by the T-Rex and the third one was locked in the freezer. Locked with the door lock and not only by a closed door.
  • edited March 2011

Show me actual fossil evidence. You can't, because it doesn't exist any more. We have very little actual fossil evidence for Spinosaurus aegyptiacus.
  • edited May 2011
    I hate double posting but upon rewatching JP1, it is undeniable that the raptors either bred in the park at some point before being relocated to the bunker, or they bred and the younglings escape. Reason: Grant finds the hatched eggs with raptor prints BEFORE Arnold shuts down the system and allows the raptors to escape their enclosure.
  • edited May 2011
    DustyBoy87 wrote: »
    Was the "big one" locked in the freezer? Or killed by the Rex? I'm really curious to know which the two "henchmen" and the "big one" were in relation to the first movie. If the Alpha Female was so intelligent, maybe she was the one to sneak up on Ellie? And would she be smart enough to fall for Lex's reflection? Hmm.

The raptor that sneaked up on Ellie in the bunker was one of the "henchman" raptors, and the other one was locked in the freezer by Tim & Lex. It was the Big One who killed Muldoon and fell for Lex's reflection, and in the climax of the film she was killed by the T-Rex as well as the last remaining subordinate who got out of the bunker. Hope that's cleared things up a bit :)
  • edited May 2011
    So if Harding would go into the freezer in the kitchen of the visitor center he´d find the last raptor of the "trio".
  • edited May 2011
    The raptor that sneaked up on Ellie in the bunker was one of the "henchman" raptors, and the other one was locked in the freezer by Tim & Lex. It was the Big One who killed Muldoon and fell for Lex's reflection, and in the climax of the film she was killed by the T-Rex as well as the last remaining subordinate who got out of the bunker. Hope that's cleared things up a bit :)

I always thought that the raptor that was in the maintnance shed that attacked ellie was the one at the end, after grant and the final bone of the Brach fell and crashed to the floor, they show Ellie with that weird look on her face and the raptor comes through the tarp
  • edited May 2011
    Actually, the Game Warden Robert Muldoon said, "We bred 8 originally and when the big one arrived she took over the pride and killed all but two of the others. That one, when she looks at you you can see she's working things out. That's why we have to feed em like this. She had them all attacking the fences when the feeders came." Yes there were three raptors but one of them got locked in the freezer. There was one in the shed when Ellie restored the power. Then another just randomly found it's way into the main lobby.
  • edited May 2011
    Also the Velociraptor design was based on the Deinonychus. A real Velociraptor is more lightweight, long and more narrow snout. The Deinonychus was much bigger, the head was more squished in.
  • edited May 2011
    Krazee64 wrote: »
    Actually, the Game Warden Robert Muldoon said, "We bred 8 originally and when the big one arrived she took over the pride and killed all but two of the others. That one, when she looks at you you can see she's working things out. That's why we have to feed em like this. She had them all attacking the fences when the feeders came." Yes there were three raptors but one of them got locked in the freezer. There was one in the shed when Ellie restored the power. Then another just randomly found it's way into the main lobby.

What I am saying is the raptor that just found its way into the lobby was the one that ellie shut in the maintanence shed. that is why they show her with that surprised look on her face after she gets up from the fall and the raptor is looking strait at her. also there were two in the kitchen and yes one got locked in the freezer but the other was the one that followed them to the control room, and i think the ones that were in the kitchen were the ones in the forest wile muldoon was hunting and the one killed him while the other watched.
  • edited May 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    What I am saying is the raptor that just found its way into the lobby was the one that ellie shut in the maintanence shed. that is why they show her with that surprised look on her face after she gets up from the fall and the raptor is looking strait at her. also there were two in the kitchen and yes one got locked in the freezer but the other was the one that followed them to the control room, and i think the ones that were in the kitchen were the ones in the forest wile muldoon was hunting and the one killed him while the other watched.

The raptor who killed Muldoon was the same one who stalked Lex and Tim in the kitchen with the other raptor who was locked in the freezer. Muldoon referred to her as the Big one. She was the raptor who ran into the cupboard. After that she was a bit helpless,but stood up soon and followed Grant,Ellie and the kids to the control room. After Lex locked the doors she came through the glass and followed them to the main lobby. There she met the raptor which Ellie had previously locked in the shelter. When the second raptor wanted to kill their prey, she was killed by the T-Rex. The big one bit the Rex but was killed by it and thrown into the skeleton.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.