Respond With A Quote From Anything

Comments

• edited February 2013
    What's all the hubbub, Bub?
  • edited February 2013
    So dear brother, you bring Dirk here?
    Caliginous, clanking piece of junk!
    Boil in the mud, you meddling, old fool!
    Dirk will be helpless, once you've been SUNK!
  • edited February 2013
    Oh, the cow in the meadow goes "moo."
    Oh, the cow in the meadow goes "moo."
    Then the farmer hits him on the head and grinds him up,
    And that's how we get hamburgers.
  • edited February 2013
    I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!
  • edited February 2013
    Double cheeseburger? I'd hit it.
  • edited February 2013
    106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.
  • edited February 2013
    We’re on a mission from God.
  • edited February 2013
    God is a mean kid sitting on an anthill with a magnifying glass, and I'm the ant.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant.
  • edited February 2013
    I hate this channel
  • edited February 2013
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate...leads to suffering.
    edited February 2013
    If one member suffers, all suffer together.
  • edited February 2013
    Stupid hippies.
  • edited February 2013
    You must be insane.
  • edited February 2013
    There is good in him, I've felt it.
  • edited February 2013
    I'm picking up Good Vibrations.
  • edited February 2013
    I'm not picking up any cities or technology...

massive lifeform readings, though.
  • edited February 2013
    Population, approximately 9 billion. All Borg.
  • edited February 2013
    I see us one day becoming that, Q.

Is it that which concerns you?
    edited February 2013
    Are they Cybermen?
  • edited February 2013
    I am an android--not a robot.
    edited February 2013
    These aren't the droids you're looking for.
  • edited February 2013
    Hey, Moe, I can’t see, i can’t see! I got my eyes closed.
  • edited February 2013
    CLOSED?! NO! We need it open to survive.
    edited February 2013
    Sorry, We're Open
  • edited February 2013
    Thank you, come again!
  • edited February 2013
    Mind if I flip the sign?
    Go ahead

*Flips sign from closed to closed, does this 3 more times
  • edited February 2013
    Here's a knocking indeed! If a man were porter of hell-gate, he should have old turning the key. Knock, knock, knock! Who's there, i' the name of Beelzebub? Here's a farmer, that hanged himself on the expectation of plenty: come in time; have napkins enow about you; here you'll sweat for't. Knock, knock! Who's there, in the other devil's name? Faith, here's an equivocator, that could swear in both the scales against either scale; who committed treason enough for God's sake, yet could not equivocate to heaven: O, come in, equivocator. Knock, knock, knock! Who's there? Faith, here's an English tailor come hither, for stealing out of a French hose: come in, tailor; here you may roast your goose. Knock, knock; never at quiet! What are you? But this place is too cold for hell. I'll devil-porter it no further: I had thought to have let in some of all professions that go the primrose way to the everlasting bonfire. Anon, anon! I pray you, remember the porter.
  • edited February 2013
    Oh, you know that one. Well, if he were living now, he would have said "galaxy."

How about this, uh...
    "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
  • edited February 2013
    Then hear me, gracious sovereign, and you peers, that owe yourselves, your lives and services to this imperial throne. There is no bar to make against your highness' claim to France but this, which they produce from Pharamond, 'in terram Salicam mulieres ne succedant: no woman shall succeed in Salique land:' which Salique land the French unjustly gloze to be the realm of France, and Pharamond the founder of this law and female bar. Yet their own authors faithfully affirm that the land Salique is in Germany, between the floods of Sala and of Elbe; where Charles the Great, having subdued the Saxons, there left behind and settled certain French; who, holding in disdain the German women for some dishonest manners of their life, establish'd then this law; to wit, no female should be inheritrix in Salique land: which Salique, as I said, 'twixt Elbe and Sala, is at this day in Germany call'd Meisen. Then doth it well appear that Salique law was not devised for the realm of France: nor did the French possess the Salique land until four hundred one and twenty years after defunction of King Pharamond, idly supposed the founder of this law; who died within the year of our redemption four hundred twenty-six; and Charles the Great subdued the Saxons, and did seat the French beyond the river Sala, in the year eight hundred five. Besides, their writers say, King Pepin, which deposed Childeric, did, as heir general, being descended of Blithild, which was daughter to King Clothair, make claim and title to the crown of France. Hugh Capet also, who usurped the crown of Charles the duke of Lorraine, sole heir male of the true line and stock of Charles the Great, to find his title with some shows of truth, 'through, in pure truth, it was corrupt and naught, convey'd himself as heir to the Lady Lingare, daughter to Charlemain, who was the son to Lewis the emperor, and Lewis the son of Charles the Great. Also King Lewis the Tenth, who was sole heir to the usurper Capet, could not keep quiet in his conscience, wearing the crown of France, till satisfied that fair Queen Isabel, his grandmother, was lineal of the Lady Ermengare, daughter to Charles the foresaid duke of Lorraine: by the which marriage the line of Charles the Great was re-united to the crown of France. So that, as clear as is the summer's sun. King Pepin's title and Hugh Capet's claim, King Lewis his satisfaction, all appear to hold in right and title of the female: so do the kings of France unto this day; howbeit they would hold up this Salique law to bar your highness claiming from the female, and rather choose to hide them in a net than amply to imbar their crooked titles usurp'd from you and your progenitors.
  • edited February 2013
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
  • edited February 2013
    Thousands of years ago the first man discovered how to make fire. He was probably burned at the stake he had taught his brothers to light, but he left them a gift they had not conceived of, and he lifted darkness off the earth. Through out the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision. The great creators, the thinkers, the artists, the scientists, the inventors, stood alone against the men of their time. Every new thought was opposed. Every new invention was denounced. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered, and they paid - but they won.No creator was prompted by a desire to please his brothers. His brothers hated the gift he offered. His truth was his only motive. His work was his only goal. His work, not those who used it, his creation, not the benefits others derived from it. The creation which gave form to his truth. He held his truth above all things, and against all men. He went ahead whether others agreed with him or not. With his integrity as his only banner. He served nothing, and no one. He lived for himself. And only by living for himself was he able to achieve the things which are the glory of mankind. Such is the nature of achievement.Man cannot survive except through his mind. He comes on earth unarmed. His brain is his only weapon. But the mind is an attribute of the individual, there is no such thing as a collective brain. The man who thinks must think and act on his own. The reasoning mind cannot work under any form of compulsion. It cannot not be subordinated to the needs, opinions, or wishes of others. It is not an object of sacrifice. The creator stands on his own judgment. The parasite follows the opinions of others. The creator thinks, the parasite copies. The creator produces, the parasite loots. The creator's concern is the conquest of nature - the parasite's concern is the conquest of men. The creator requires independence, he neither serves nor rules. He deals with men by free exchange and voluntary choice. The parasite seeks power, he wants to bind all men together in common action and common slavery. He claims that man is only a tool for the use of others. That he must think as they think, act as they act, and live is selfless, joyless servitude to any need but his own. Look at history. Everything thing we have, every great achievement has come from the independent work of some independent mind. Every horror and destruction came from attempts to force men into a herd of brainless, soulless robots. Without personal rights, without personal ambition, without will, hope, or dignity. It is an ancient conflict. It has another name: the individual against the collective. Our country, the noblest country in the history of men, was based on the principle of individualism. The principle of man's inalienable rights. It was a country where a man was free to seek his own happiness, to gain and produce, not to give up and renounce. To prosper, not to starve. To achieve, not to plunder. To hold as his highest possession a sense of his personal value. And as his highest virtue, his self respect. Look at the results. That is what the collectivists are now asking you to destroy, as much of the earth has been destroyed.I am an architect. I know what is to come by the principle on which it is built. We are approaching a world in which I cannot permit myself to live. My ideas are my property. They were taken from me by force, by breach of contract. No appeal was left to me. It was believed that my work belonged to others, to do with as they pleased. They had a claim upon me without my consent. That is was my duty to serve them without choice or reward. Now you know why I dynamited Cortlandt. I designed Cortlandt, I made it possible, I destroyed it. I agreed to design it for the purpose of seeing it built as I wished. That was the price I set for my work. I was not paid. My building was disfigured at the whim of others who took all the benefits of my work and gave me nothing in return. I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone's right to one minute of my life. Nor to any part of my energy, nor to any achievement of mine. No matter who makes the claim. It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing. I came here to be heard. In the name of every man of independence still left in the world. I wanted to state my terms. I do not care to work or live on any others. My terms are a man's right to exist for his own sake.
  • edited February 2013
    He just kept talking in one long, incredibly unbroken sentence, moving from topic to topic so that no one had the chance to interrupt. It was really quite hypnotic.
  • edited February 2013
    On and on and on, like a broken record!
    edited February 2013
    You spin me right round baby, right round. Like a record baby, right round, round, round.
  • edited February 2013
    this is not my beautiful house! This is not my beautiful wife!
  • edited February 2013
    That's no moon...

It's a space station.
  • edited February 2013
    You're right. Look the other way, there's what you're looking for.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.