BTTF PS3 NA out on February 15 for $19.99

edited February 2011 in Back to the Future
Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/67402

Comments

• edited February 2011
    That's a very nice price! I just hope Europeans won't get screwed over... I'm not paying 20 euros for this game if it's 19 on PC. 15-17 euros would be great though.

I wonder if the second episode will release on PC and PS3 simultaniously?
  • edited February 2011

I wouldn't bet on it.

Also, this has been posted... >.>
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    Wasn't it originally "early January"? What happened?
  • edited February 2011
    \o/ A release date, finally! :D 19.99$ is great too. Probably to make it up to PS3 owners for that delay.
  • edited February 2011
    That's good to hear. And PS3 owners even get it cheaper to make up for the wait!
  • edited February 2011
    That's a very nice price! I just hope Europeans won't get screwed over... I'm not paying 20 euros for this game if it's 19 on PC. 15-17 euros would be great though.

Check the price of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse and Tales of Monkey Island, they were both £14.99 here on the PSN. Also, yeah, hope this includes the EU PSN, we're still waiting for Strong Bad!
  • edited February 2011
    That's good to hear. And PS3 owners even get it cheaper to make up for the wait!

good thing i waited
    i love it ... TY and cant wait to play it on the 15th
    $19.99 it should make up for a month delay which should be in January 2011 instead of FEB but oh well Episode 2 is coming this month and im happy i hope they wont delay episode 2 for PS3 =P
  • edited February 2011
    Just holding out for European store confirmation now. Although Alan did write that he thinks they're planned to release the same week. But wasn't 100% sure.
  • edited February 2011
    But this price will be for ALL the episodes or just the first?
  • anyone know; will there be any difference with the ps3 and pc games? Is there any reason for me to get it on the ps3 since i have pc?
  • edited February 2011
    anyone know; will there be any difference with the ps3 and pc games? Is there any reason for me to get it on the ps3 since i have pc?

That depends. Are you able to run the game on max settings with no slowdown or lag? If yes, then there's no reason. If no(like me), then get the PS3 version.
  • edited February 2011
    Ketzergon wrote: »
    But this price will be for ALL the episodes or just the first?

From the article:
    The full season of five episodes will cost PS3 owners $19.99
  • That depends. Are you able to run the game on max settings with no slowdown or lag? If yes, then there's no reason. If no(like me), then get the PS3 version.

no my computer is top of the line. and my ps3 is getting full so i'll avoid the ps3 version unless theres a free demo.
  • edited February 2011
    no my computer is top of the line. and my ps3 is getting full so i'll avoid the ps3 version unless theres a free demo.

Good idea.
  • edited February 2011
    There will most likely be a free demo. Previous Telltale games on PS3 had a free demo as well.

The controls of Telltale games on a PS3 aren't as good as the PC controls in my opinion, so you should probably get the PC version. You could also get the PS3 version for the lower price.
  • edited February 2011

what do u mean by "my ps3 is getting full"??
    u know u can delete game demos and other stuff and get more space on ur PS3
    its same thing as the computer
    120 GB or which version is alot so u dont have to worry about it
    if u have 40 GB then yeah i have to agree with u
  • edited February 2011
    Gogeta504 wrote: »

My PS3 has a 250 GB hard drive in it that's almost completely filled up with PSN games, PS3 demos, PSP games and demos and movies. It's really not that hard to fill it up ;)

But for BTTF I'd gladly delete some demos.
  • edited February 2011

I'm guessing you don't have a PS3, as every retail game has a 4+GB install that takes up precious memory.
  • Gogeta504 wrote: »

Its a 60 gb that i got literally on the first night it came out so yeah i constantly have to delete stuff every time i have a new game. I dont know how people are dealing with the 20 gbs kicking around.

Personally i think the controls would be easier with a ps3 (the part where you have to chase doc is kind of tough on a pc althought the part where you have to steal the keys from kid would be tougher without a mouse). I do have ps move.
  • edited February 2011
    Its a 60 gb that i got literally on the first night it came out so yeah i constantly have to delete stuff every time i have a new game. I dont know how people are dealing with the 20 gbs kicking around.

Personally i think the controls would be easier with a ps3 (the part where you have to chase doc is kind of tough on a pc althought the part where you have to steal the keys from kid would be tougher without a mouse). I do have ps move.

woow ... well its only like 100 or 200 MB or something (i mean the game) so it wont take too much of ur GB .. i got 120 GB i got PS3 slim i have alot of stuff and my ps3 is not yet empty lool XD 65 GB/111 left on my ps3 =P the controls will be easier it will have the same thing as Sam and max S3.. im not sure about stealing from the kid and other stuff u said .. i didnt play the game yet.. im waiting for the 15th
  • i'd say 99% of the game it doesn't matter when you click, you can take as long as you want but there's 3 instances (chasing doc, soup kitchen, and stealing the key) where you have to start over if you dont do it at the right time.

Anyone know if there is a way to have your ps3 upgraded without manually doing it yourself (i'm afraid to take mine apart for fear of wrecking it, i'd rather have a professional do it)
  • edited February 2011
    Finally a ps3 release date cant wait
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I'm guessing you don't have a PS3, as every retail game has a 4+GB install that takes up precious memory.

I'm guessing you don't have a PS3 either. Not all PS3-games require installing on the hard drive, and games that require 4 GB or more are very rare.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm guessing you don't have a PS3 either. Not all PS3-games require installing on the hard drive, and games that require 4 GB or more are very rare.

I don't own a PS3 but I wouldn't call it rare to find games that require that amount of data space.
  • edited February 2011
    My PS3 has a 250 GB hard drive in it that's almost completely filled up with PSN games, PS3 demos, PSP games and demos and movies. It's really not that hard to fill it up ;)

But for BTTF I'd gladly delete some demos.

yeah same here too i got like 2 or 4 demos , 5 games(sam and max S3) infamous (downloaded from PSN) and movies , pics, music and i still have my space (almost full) my PS3 space left 65 GB/111 .. i got 120 GB PS3 slim .. im still good to go for BTTF 4 =) well the game actually lool
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »

i have a PS3 slim and if u buy the retail game(like god of war,infamous ..etc) from PSN than yeah it will .. it depends how much GB requires to take up space?? or MB(especially MB) if u play mini's or other good titles. ... not all of retail games take 4+GB they use blue-ray disc it has 250GB and more to it .. and wont take up 4+GB.
    i bet u dont have a PS3 then .
  • edited February 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    I don't own a PS3 but I wouldn't call it rare to find games that require that amount of data space.
    I know Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain and Resident Evil 5. I don't think you can find many more, and that's on a system with thousands of games released for it.
  • edited February 2011
    Speaking of HDD space, I had the same problem with not enough space (A 40 gig model). I was about to buy a new PS3 with a bigger HDD, but instead I just bought a new 250 gig HDD. I was worried at first that I would make a mistake, but it was really easy to make the switch. And there's no illegal modding involved, they even show you how to do it in the PS3 manual. The downside was that I had to transfer or re-install all of my savegames and other data, and lose the savegames that were copyprotected. But on the plusside, now I have plenty of space. ;)
  • OMAOMA
    edited February 2011
    Robert B wrote: »
    The downside was that I had to transfer or re-install all of my savegames and other data, and lose the savegames that were copyprotected. But on the plusside, now I have plenty of space. ;)

I thought copy-protected data was just moved (as opposed to copied) into the new hard disk (I read it somewhere in the PS3 menus), so you shouldn't lose it.

But I've never changed the PS3 factory hard disk yet, so I don't know for sure how the process works.
  • edited February 2011
    OMA wrote: »
    I thought copy-protected data was just moved (as opposed to copied) into the new hard disk (I read it somewhere in the PS3 menus), so you shouldn't lose it.

But I've never changed the PS3 factory hard disk yet, so I don't know for sure how the process works.

It is possible to move over copy-protected data. You just need an external harddrive hooked up to the PS3, and then you can make back-ups or copy files over to a new HDD. But the copy-protected data only works on the same PS3, and they can only be moved via a back-up. I didn't have an external drive big enough at the time, that's why I lost the copy-protected stuff. But it was only for two games, so no biggie. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Couldn't you just re-download them off of the store? Once you've paid for it you can download as often as you like :)

On another note, I've created a US PSN account and topped it up with 50 dollars just in case it'll be longer than next week for Europe lol. But either way I wanna get couple of ps1 classics and try and put them onto my psp. Resi series & Dino Crisis.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah!!!! It's later than PC version, but I'm happy about the price! I got a $50 card thinking it would be $35 like Sam & Max was, but it looks like I'll have tonnes of extra money. I think I'll get the Worms 2 Armageddon battle pack, too, and save the rest of my money for future games or add-ons or something.
  • edited February 2011
    i have a PS3 slim and if u buy the retail game(like god of war,infamous ..etc) from PSN than yeah it will .. it depends how much GB requires to take up space?? or MB(especially MB) if u play mini's or other good titles. ... not all of retail games take 4+GB they use blue-ray disc it has 250GB and more to it .. and wont take up 4+GB.
    i bet u dont have a PS3 then .

I do, and you must not get many games. Nearly every game I own via retail has a 4+GB install required. In addition, the most common Blu-Ray format is the dual-layer 50GB, as 250GB is really expensive, despite being really cool as well.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, I was able to download all the PSN games for free when I changed my harddrive. The things I lost were just the copy-protected save files, for instance my save file for Heavy Rain, that file was copy-protected. But as mentioned, if you make a back-up using an external harddrive you can move the copy-protected savefiles to the new harddrive. IF it's in the same PS3. The copy-protected saves can't be moved to a completly different PS3, don't ask me why. :P
  • edited February 2011
    I am getting mine for PS3 as my PC cannot play it without it being choppy as hell. but I only wish the PS3 owners would get the whole game on disc, I mean what if a friend wants to play the game I would have to bring my PS3 over to his house and have him play it on mine instead of his :(.
  • edited February 2011
    So.....can i has for xbox too? :)
  • edited February 2011
    Dave McFly wrote: »
    I am getting mine for PS3 as my PC cannot play it without it being choppy as hell. but I only wish the PS3 owners would get the whole game on disc, I mean what if a friend wants to play the game I would have to bring my PS3 over to his house and have him play it on mine instead of his :(.

Or you can log on to your account on his PS3 and download it again. You can link your account on five PS3's at once. If you worry about the maximum of 5 consoles, you can even revoke the activation. Your friend won't be able to continue playing the game unless you log in again though.
  • edited February 2011
    I know I can do that but he does not have access to download anything to his PS3 (has no internet access) so I would be unable to download it, MUCH rather have a physical disc that has all the episodes on it, I don't even care if it just has the game on it and nothing else.
  • edited February 2011
    TentuZero wrote: »
    So.....can i has for xbox too? :)

sorry bud no xbox =P
    its for PS3,PC and MAC:p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.