Why does everyone hate The Lost World: Jurassic Park?

13»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Honestly, I love the First move, but after reading the First Novel multiple times( too many to count), I found myself disliking the changes the first movie made from the book. and I HATED how they killed off Muldoon, totally erased Regis, and just scaled the story to it's base plot.

I know, I know, thats how they always do it in Hollywood, but I guess thats why I really liked The Lost World, Because both in the credits and other places its specifically noted that its not based on the novel, Although I loved the book as well.

but yeah, I guess thats my personal reason for enjoying TLW so much, it wasn't based on the book so I felt a little less obligated to dislike it as I seem to more and more w/ the Original.
  • edited May 2011
    I can't understand why "The Lost World" has only 6.1/10 at IMDB. For all the people here who like the movie: log in and rate!;)

I think it was just great entertainment. It was much darker than the first movie, but once again it had fantastic effects and exciting action scenes. Of course the script was a bit weak regarding characterisation, but it was a great adventure film, nothing more, nothing less. I'm so looking forward watching it on blu ray!:)
  • edited June 2011
    Spadge wrote: »
    I have no idea... I liked all of them equally.

Same here.
  • edited June 2011
    I don't hate the Lost World, I just prefer Jurassic Park over it; although i'd liked to of seen the scene in the Pteradactyl resturant and the river chase that were cut.

As for the Lost World I don't like the fact they took out an important scene with Mr Ludlow in the meeting room telling the audience who the people at the beginning were, that and the fact it seems a bit too much like an overrated action movie! But the third one DON'T GET ME STARTED!
  • edited October 2011
    I loved the lost world because rather than being a zoo with fences it was like a natural reserve or national Park.

However the things that I thought screwed it where 2 things:
    The gym girl beating the raptor.
    And the San diego Dino.

Yeah true, the T-rex in san diego was a tribute to the original Lost world movie where a Brontosaurus goes to the city. But I still think it could had been a lot waay better.

I would had let the T-rex go nuts on the docks AND in the instalations that would be Jurassic Park San Diego. So it would be trully a come back to Jurassic Park.

You got to admit that is a badass Idea, to bad I cant tell it to Mr Critchon... Ill do a Dia De Muertos Altar for him.

Oh and btw, JP3 It's a profanation. Smells like Anus.
    AlanxEllie foerver >=(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.