Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Telltale's hectic episodic schedule means that precise release dates often only become available in the days leading up to an episode's release. Check the blog, your inbox (subscribe to email updates in your account settings), or here on the forum for further release date info as it becomes available.

Jurassic Park: The Game will be released simultaneously on PC/Mac/consoles Nov.15th!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    hi i have a question for telltale. i was looking on steam and the release date just saysy april, most games have an exact release date. so i assume you mean april first? i really hope so.

i have been a fan of JP since age 3, still watch the movies and everything else and am incredibly pumped for this.
  • edited March 2011
    We are not releasing Jurassic Park on April 1. We'll have more information on a release date for the PC/Mac versions soon though.

The console launch for Jurassic Park is this fall.
  • edited March 2011
    has there been an official one ? cause all it says is April ?
  • edited March 2011
    kasaki89 wrote: »
    has there been an official one ?

Nope.
  • edited March 2011
    It's only three more days to april. We're getting really nervous here :D
  • edited March 2011
    piccobello wrote: »

Yeah, but don't forget April has 30 days.
  • edited March 2011
    piccobello wrote: »

i hope it's early april :)
  • edited March 2011
    IGN's site says the release date is March 31st, however I highly doubt that's the case.

EDIT: Checked the site now and it says April 30th. Let's hope that's just speculation
  • edited March 2011
    I wouldn't have my hopes too high for a release prior to 20th.
  • edited March 2011
    I wouldn't trust anything news sites, say or any other form of media..Telltale will give us a day when they feel it's ready.
  • edited March 2011
    Now since the third episode of "Back to the Future" came out today, at the end of March, the next episode will probably come out at the end of the next month as well. I don't think they want to release both games at the same time, so I guess we'll get the first "Jurassic Park" episode at the beginning/middle of April.
  • edited March 2011
    Is the Xbox and the Ps3 versions of "Jurassic Park" going to be released at the same time the Pc version is released?
  • edited March 2011
    They've said "Fall" a few times but beyond that I doubt they have a hard date at this point in development.
  • edited March 2011
    Is the Xbox and the Ps3 versions of "Jurassic Park" going to be released at the same time the Pc version is released?

No, PC/Mac is coming next month in April.

Console version(s) will come this Fall. It's unknown what console platform this game will be on, but rest assure that Telltale is attempting to put this game on every platform.
  • edited March 2011
    Let's just assume it's April 30-something until they say otherwise. To be honest, people went crazy speculating release dates in the BTTF forums. :p
  • edited March 2011
    Let's just assume it's April 30-something until they say otherwise. To be honest, people went crazy speculating release dates in the BTTF forums. :p

It can't be 30-something. It can only be 30-exact in April.

So let's get the guessing game going. My bet's on 21st.
  • edited March 2011
    im guessing somewhere between the 5th and the 11th of April as there are some events at telltale such a competitions ending around those times but i could be wrong...
    Regarding the release date not being the 1st of April could that be a trick being as its "April Fools Day"

Kind Regards,
    Nathaniel Blackburn
  • edited March 2011
    I promise you guys, it's not coming out on April 1. As for any posted release dates for JP PC/Mac you may have seen, press outlets tend to put in placeholder dates but we have not announced a date yet.
  • edited March 2011
    PainDealer wrote: »

Take into account that it probably won't be released around the same time that BTTF Episode 4 (April) will be out, since Telltale would logically space them out to promote both.
  • edited March 2011
    I guess the 4th episode of BTTF will be released around the 29th of April (exactly one month after 3rd episode), JP should be released before then so they have time to promote it some more, my best guess at the moment is the beginning/middle of april, all though i hope its the beginning.
    April 1st is tomorrow guys, it cant be long now :)

Nathaniel Blackburn
  • edited March 2011
    Yeh I think it's unlikely that it would get released in the same week as BTTF 4. With BTTF 4, more than likely being released at the end of April, I think that JP won't be released till mid April at least. We will see.
  • edited March 2011
    PainDealer wrote: »

Good point. But I didn't take a good look at the calendar yet. :p In any case, I would rather lower my own expectations of when it's coming, rather than disappoint myself. So, the last week of April will be my guess. I really dislike it when people go insane over release dates.

This isn't DN Forever, guys. :p
  • edited April 2011
    To state the obvious...Its April! I want my Roaaar! The kittens are all over me asking when we will have dinosaurs. Ok...games with bugs..not good...but its april!
  • edited April 2011
    My tip is April 19th, since everyone is releasing their games on this day for this month (f.e. Portal 2, Mortal Kombat).
  • edited April 2011
    Yes, it's april, but it will be april for another 29 days, so still plenty of room for release.
    How is it handled with TTG games? We get a release day what? A week before?
    Still some waiting to do.... *sigh*

I wonder if BttF episode 4 will come out before or after JP episode 1.... :D
  • edited April 2011
    I think JP Ep 1 will come before BTTF Ep4, that is all I will say for now...
  • edited April 2011
    I'm going to go ahead and place my money on it coming out somewhere between April 3rd and April 30th.
    .....Just a guess
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Talahar wrote: »
    How is it handled with TTG games? We get a release day what? A week before?

That's how it worked with most of their previous games - an announcement would be made a few days prior to the release date. With the last two episodes of BTTF however, they've done "stealth releases" where the downloads were made available with no prior announcement.
  • edited April 2011
    But why are they doing stealth releases? To avoid the server from crashing?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    But why are they doing stealth releases? To avoid the server from crashing?

I don't know why exactly, but wouldn't be at all surprised if that's part of the reason. People finding out at different times would stagger the downloads, as opposed to everyone hanging out here on release day hitting F5 like mad, with the server needing to handle a gajillion downloads at once the minute the episode goes live.
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I don't know why exactly, but wouldn't be at all surprised if that's part of the reason. People finding out at different times would stagger the downloads, as opposed to everyone hanging out here on release day hitting F5 like mad, with the server needing to handle a gajillion downloads at once the minute the episode goes live.
    Heck yeah. the drawback (which I don't blame Telltame at all) is fans going every five days "Is it here yet? Is it here yet?" That's what happened on the BTTF boards. :p
  • edited April 2011
    well its april and JP should be anyday now, my guess is it will be around the 15th, other than that im watchin the movies and all,
    if tell tale cant tell us a release day yet. is there anything else that there gonna say before release ya think?
  • edited April 2011
    My guess is they will announce that all who preordered it get to be extras in the upcoming Jurassic Park 4 and get to have a 1 on 1 Breakfast or Lunch with Spielberg.
  • edited April 2011
    They will put some more concept art in the preorder forum, probably.
    Other than that, I think the next thing we get JP-wise is a release date and then the game ;)
  • edited April 2011
    jgbrunn wrote: »
    my guess is they will announce that all who preordered it get to be extras in the upcoming jurassic park 4 and get to have a 1 on 1 breakfast or lunch with spielberg.

yesss!!!!!!! I knew there was more coming for those who pre-oredered!
  • edited April 2011
    I still feel like it will be a mid April release followed by BTTF the next week.
  • edited April 2011
    Wait, is this the preorder forum? I figured this was it.
  • edited April 2011
    Flying Sq wrote: »
    Wait, is this the preorder forum? I figured this was it.

No, this isn't the Insider Forum. You might wanna scroll down to the bottom and post on the thread if you did pre order and don't have access. I had the same issue
  • edited April 2011
    I have this sinking feeling that it will be out by easter weekend, and BTTF will arrive within a 7 day grace period of the JP game. Whether thats a week before JP or a week after certianly hasnt been determined yet so this is all speculation, but my gut is telling me that JP will become availible first since its a new product and Telltale will most likely want to push its release ASAP.
  • edited April 2011
    It's none of my buisness, but I have to ask why they wouldn't present a release date well in advance (I can't really talk, I don't release books with a predetermined date either, but these guys probably could)
This discussion has been closed.