I'm going to create my own Jurassic park

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Works for me. (Already have an airsoft SPAS 12 with the folding stock, so I know what I'm doing as far as showing off)

Nice I myself was given a rocket launcher upon being hired I don't expect to be using it but it's fun to scare the Bulgarian scientists with it.
  • edited April 2011
    RaptorsRwk wrote: »
    Nice I myself was given a rocket launcher upon being hired I don't expect to be using it but it's fun to scare the Bulgarian scientists with it.

Motivational leadership. I can see why Mr. McFly is paying you so elegantly
  • edited April 2011
    Motivational leadership. I can see why Mr. McFly is paying you so elegantly

Yes well I believe in this organization just as he does and well I find it produces results (even though I don't understand what they're yelling when I point it at them.)
  • edited April 2011
    Yes well I believe in this organization just as he does and well I find it produces results (even though I don't understand what they're yelling when I point it at them.)

Fear. It gets stuff done.
  • edited April 2011
    Fear. It gets stuff done.

I prefer to think of it as incentive or maybe encouragement
  • edited April 2011

That works too
  • edited April 2011

That works too
  • edited April 2011
    Hi. I am an experienced systems programmer. (I know unix.) Can I help you build an all powerful camera control system for the park, so no one can walk about unseen to steal dinosaur embryos?
  • edited April 2011
    Perfect Rembem! It would not hurt if you had an extra eye on our somewhat unstable janitor also. An additional camera just for that? :)
  • edited April 2011
    rembem wrote: »
    Hi. I am an experienced systems programmer. (I know unix.) Can I help you build an all powerful camera control system for the park, so no one can walk about unseen to steal dinosaur embryos?

Absolutely. Security is our top priority and having an experienced systems programmer on our team is vital to the park's success.

Just make sure you leave a full list of the various security passwords in my mailbox.
  • edited April 2011
    rembem wrote: »

Great! This organiztion of ours just keeps growing.
  • edited April 2011
    What about the toy-areas for children/ areas for the little ones. We can make a lot of money in merchandise. I'm thinking small electrical batons for the children. Ofcourse only to put down small animals, like the very smallest dino's in the park, to rabbits, rats, cats etc. Nothing important. Great profit. What do you think?!
  • edited April 2011
    asyncus wrote: »
    What about the toy-areas for children/ areas for the little ones. We can make a lot of money in merchandise. I'm thinking small electrical batons for the children. Ofcourse only to put down small animals, like the very smallest dino's in the park, to rabbits, rats, cats etc. Nothing important. Great profit. What do you think?!

I think it's a great idea you've got my vote. We could also sell the tiniest of dinos as pets for the children so they have something to poke with the batons.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey can i bring my Zombies to the park. Zombies and Dinosaurs sure will attract customers.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey can i bring my Zombies to the park. Zombies and Dinosaurs sure will attract customers.

I'm not so sure if the dinos eat the zombies they can have some really bad food poisoning. And who wants to go to a park full of sick dinos.
  • edited April 2011
    I think it's a great idea you've got my vote. We could also sell the tiniest of dinos as pets for the children so they have something to poke with the batons.

Why not just engineer some of the dinos as pets? What kid wouldn't want a pet velociraptor?
  • edited April 2011
    Why not just engineer some of the dinos as pets? What kid wouldn't want a pet velociraptor?

Never! We create real dinosaurs as they were. Who would want anything more?:)
  • edited April 2011

While this is an intriguing idea, we have to view it from a marketing perspective. If several children purchase these pet dinosaurs, they would have no motivation to re-visit our park. This is the reason why zoos don't have dogs and cats on display; nobody would visit the zoo to see a dog/cat when they already have one at home.

The only way this would work is if we purposely created some instabilities within the dinosaur DNA so that they'll explode after a period of time. That way, parents would be forced to continue purchasing pet dinosaurs thus providing us with a secondary stream of revenue. For the people who don't have enough money to invest in a pet dinosaur, our park will provide a suitable alternative.
  • edited April 2011
    Update: I seem to have hit a bit of a snag in my work. Apparently it's not completely "legal" to take dino bones from museums and grind them up. (how was I supposed to know)
  • edited April 2011
    Update: I seem to have hit a bit of a snag in my work. Apparently it's not completely "legal" to take dino bones from museums and grind them up. (how was I supposed to know)

I'm curious as to why you simply didn't pose as a refreshment boy during an excavation excursion and simply pocket the bones when no one was looking. You know, gain everyone's trust before running off with the precious bones that they devote their entire lives to studying.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm curious as to why you simply didn't pose as a refreshment boy during an excavation excursion and simply pocket the bones when no one was looking. You know, gain everyone's trust before running off with the precious bones that they devote their entire lives to studying.

Well that worked at first but then the excavations started turning up dry so i turned to the museums. I posed as the museums new curator and it was working wonderfully until they found him tied up in the closet.

But not to worry a moustache here a beard there and im back in buisness.
  • edited April 2011
    Well that worked at first but then the excavations started turning up dry so i turned to the museums. I posed as the museums new curator and it was working wonderfully until they found him tied up in the closet.

But not to worry a moustache here a beard there and im back in buisness.

I do hope you're wearing gloves during these outings. We can't afford having your fingerprints act as a direct link to us as an organization; the authorities would get suspicious fast.
  • edited April 2011
    I do hope you're wearing gloves during these outings. We can't afford having your fingerprints act as a direct link to us as an organization; the authorities would get suspicious fast.

Not to worry i had my fingerprints erased long ago in preparation for this project and as for the authorities lets just say i have friends in high places.
  • edited April 2011
    How high are they? Is it possible they can get me a mounted machine gun? For er... High end holding simulations and possible incidents? We need to be careful for the sake of our game wardens of course!
  • edited April 2011
    have fun with that. Be sure to have your secretary send an email my way after you get eaten.
  • edited April 2011
    Panther10 wrote: »
    have fun with that. Be sure to have your secretary send an email my way after you get eaten.

Better than that, we'll send you a free admission coupon.
  • edited April 2011
    Well as long as its free it means I wont feel guilty if I decline the invitation.
  • edited April 2011
    Have we descided on the location yet? The bulgarian scientists are at the moment very satisfied as most of them have received aged vintage cuban cigars. To quote Gregor, the supervisor of the team: "Is OK" which I think is a very good way of looking at the future for us.
  • edited April 2011
    How high are they? Is it possible they can get me a mounted machine gun? For er... High end holding simulations and possible incidents? We need to be careful for the sake of our game wardens of course!

Already on their way. Thats part of our parks security.
  • edited April 2011
    Better than that, we'll send you a free admission coupon.

I thought we already voted no on that whole free coupon day idea.
  • edited April 2011
    Already on their way. Thats part of our parks security.

Good to know, even though they're mostly going to be for show
  • edited April 2011
    Good to know, even though they're mostly going to be for show

Or are they........?:eek:
  • edited April 2011
    Or are they........?:eek:

Only one way to find out. We should seek someone to train our rangers to be prepared for anything at any given moment, since our Warden will be busy with other projects. These animals are very unpredictable, so it's best we have some sort of knowledge to use to our advantage. I for one don't want 'Clever Girl' to be my last words...:D
  • edited April 2011
    Only one way to find out. We should seek someone to train our rangers to be prepared for anything at any given moment, since our Warden will be busy with other projects. These animals are very unpredictable, so it's best we have some sort of knowledge to use to our advantage. I for one don't want 'Clever Girl' to be my last words...:D

I say we have a minimum 2 year course where they will be trained physically and mentally( as in learning the behavioral patterns of the animals and going through countless simulations) and at the end they will have to survive 2 days on the island with no help from us. Now that is being prepared.
  • edited April 2011
    I thought we already voted no on that whole free coupon day idea.

We did. I'm just practicing my sarcasm for when I we become rich. Rich people use sarcasm a lot, you know.
  • edited April 2011
    We did. I'm just practicing my sarcasm for when I we become rich. Rich people use sarcasm a lot, you know.

No i never did. But i do now
  • edited April 2011
    No i never did. But i do now

And knowing is half the battle.

GIJoeHeader.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    Because knowledge is power!

GIJoeHeader.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    mr McFly, pwnage is never going to be a part of our corporation!! although 3 men, a red-headed woman and the Vitruvian man on the right is very intimitading! :)
  • edited April 2011
    I say we have a minimum 2 year course where they will be trained physically and mentally( as in learning the behavioral patterns of the animals and going through countless simulations) and at the end they will have to survive 2 days on the island with no help from us. Now that is being prepared.

Perfect. It'll seperate the stragglers from those of us who are meant for this type of work.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.