The Original 15 Nublar Embryos

Comments

• edited November 2011
    i'd think if apple can keep almost any information regarding its latest iteration of the iphone or ipad from getting to the public before an official announcement, ingen would certainly be able to do the same thing with a new creature. on one hand, we're talking about a slightly upgraded technology. on the other hand, we're talking about an extinct organism recreated with genetic technologies. think of the excitement ingen could create year after year by keeping its creations a secret and then, once interest has reached a fever pitch, announcing the new creatures. businesses have an invested interest in keeping secrets and ingen would be no exception.
  • edited November 2011
    i'd think if apple can keep almost any information regarding its latest iteration of the iphone or ipad from getting the public before an official announcement, ingen would certainly be able to do the same thing with a new creature. on one hand, we're talking about a slightly upgraded technology. on the other hand, we're talking about an extinct organism recreated with genetic technologies. think of the excitement ingen could create year after year by keeping its creations a secret and then, once interest has reached a fever pitch, announcing the new creatures. businesses have an invested interest in keeping secrets and ingen would be no exception.

Except for The fact that both The iPhone 4&5 prototypes were left in a bar by an apple employee and then all the features were leaked to the Public:cool:. But yes, your right It would be Great if Ingen could keep it a secret.
  • edited November 2011
    KingHorror wrote: »
    Except for The fact that both The iPhone 4&5 prototypes were left in a bar by an apple employee and then all the features were leaked to the Public:cool:. But yes, your right It would be Great if Ingen could keep it a secret.

true gentleman true...but your writing off the possibility of peter ludlow forgetting a Compsognathus in a public restroom XD
  • edited November 2011
    Actually I was thinking that if Telltale wanted to, they could have more dinos that aren't mentioned elsewhere as non-public dinos. Maybe they wouldn't be officially introduced/updated into park advertising until a while after the park opens. This could include dinos like Mosasaur.

It is mentioned in the books that InGen's scientists often didn't know what kinds of dinosaurs they had until they hatched and matured enough to compare to known species. If the island was evacuated while any dinosaurs were in this stage between hatching and identification, you could make the case that there could be any number of unknown or unlisted species. Spinosaurus and troodon may fall into this category.
  • edited November 2011
    So Troodon just appeared? I thought it was intentionally made to be exhibited in the park. What's the big secret? it's just another dinosaur.
    The Troodon are considred to be a very highly intelligent and nocturnal dinosaur capable of hamring both vistors and park staff,their nocturnal habits has rendred them to be of little value to the park and too dangerous to handle,by doing the park tour and entering the hidden north-western area using the password:please,it will describe they have rounded up these dinosaurs and intend to exterminate them as they have very little financial value to the park.Hence a mistake.
  • edited November 2011
    Just an FYI here, but if you actually read the descriptions under the InGen videos, you would have all the explanation you need about troodon.
    :)
  • edited November 2011
    Well here's all I have so far.
    (Embryos that Nedry took seen on screen)
    1. Proceratosaurus
    2. Gallimimus
    3. TyranNosaurus Rex
    4. Velociraptor
    5. StegOsaurus
    6. Metriacanthosaurus
    7. Triceratops
    (Dinosaurs seen in Park)
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Parasaurolophus
    (Dinosaurs seen on Brochure)
    11. Baryonyx
    12. Herrerasaurus
    13. Segisaurus
    (Dinosaurs introduced in canonical video games)
    14. Troodon

So basically for Tell-Tale to stay true to the movies they must use this list of dinosaurs plus one other dinosaur for the whole list to remain true to the Jurassic Park Lore. :cool:

You forgot Compys lol!
  • edited November 2011
    You forgot Compys lol!

And Pteranodons.

I don't know if Troodon would be on the official list if InGen was planning on euthanizing them. We already know that there are some species that they hadn't brought to the park, ie. Mamenchisaurus, Corythosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Ankylosaurus.
  • edited November 2011
    It is mentioned in the books that InGen's scientists often didn't know what kinds of dinosaurs they had until they hatched and matured enough to compare to known species.

you're discounting the fact that genetic information itself can be used to determine where an unknown organism falls phylogenetically relative to known organisms. once they'd sequenced a few animals and had been able to tie genetic information in with morphological information from the fossil record, the identity of a new sample could be predicted with a fairly high degree of certainty.
  • edited November 2011
    you're discounting the fact that genetic information itself can be used to determine where an unknown organism falls phylogenetically relative to known organisms. once they'd sequenced a few animals and had been able to tie genetic information in with morphological information from the fossil record, the identity of a new sample could be predicted with a fairly high degree of certainty.

Not high enough to avoid the SPINOSAURUS!!!! :p
  • edited November 2011
    You forgot Compys lol!
    Go back to my revised list, i fixed that.
    And Pteranodons.

I don't know if Troodon would be on the official list if InGen was planning on euthanizing them. We already know that there are some species that they hadn't brought to the park, ie. Mamenchisaurus, Corythosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Ankylosaurus.
    Go back to my revised list, i fixed that as well. Troodon is not one of the original 15 embryos because InGen supposed that Troodon was unappealing as an attraction and so all of it's embryos were removed from the current stock and stored elsewhere. It says so on the website's description of the quarantine pen.
  • edited November 2011
    Everyone, TROODON ISN'T A DINOSAUR OF JURASSIC PARK. The game canon only has that difference.
  • edited November 2011
    Everyone, TROODON ISN'T A DINOSAUR OF JURASSIC PARK. The game canon only has that difference.
    What do you mean? Do you mean Troodon isn't an original embryo or Troodon doesn't exist in the film canon at all? And also the game canon also has Mosasaurus, which is another difference in the game canon vs. film canon.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm counting this game as official cannon. I've been hungry for some official fleshing out of the film world, even if it isn't necessary for the film's story.

It's interesting to have a more in depth knowledge to the park to know what attractions were planned, that there were a pack of dilophosaurus and they were juvenile. It's great that there were more things about the novel in the park such as compys etc.

I'm sure the dinosaurs on the brochure were to be implemented by Phase II or even after Grant Ellie and Malcolm had approved the park.

Remember the trip to Jurassic Park was supposed to "wow" them into approval so the park could get the investors to supply the last of the $$$ to finish Phase I due to the death(s) of the staff during construction made the investors unsure if this was a wise move to have a dinosaur zoo.

On another interesting note from that InGen had no money to continue without said investors. Which can also lead to speculation on missing dinosaurs on the film brochure compared to the game. Maybe??
  • edited November 2011
    My issue is with Compy's. From a tourist standpoint they would have to be in a confined area to see them. They are too small for a decent sized paddock. The Compy position in the game has them along the road from the heliport. Since they aren't on the main tour wewouldn't see them.

If you go with the theory that they cleaned up the various pens that would either mean are in every pen or they can freely more between pens.

I will admit that the raptors appear a distance away from the visitor centre where in the movies they appear to be walking distance. So the compy's MIGHT be in a small nearby pen, similar to raptors. The brochure's style might simply make them look further away.

Frankly though I don't see a compy as a big draw to tourists and for me it doesn't really make sense for them to be on the island.
  • edited November 2011
    maybe some compies are in a pen to do tricks for the toursits and the others are allowed to run about and eat as much poop as they'd like.
  • edited November 2011
    interitus wrote: »
    My issue is with Compy's. From a tourist standpoint they would have to be in a confined area to see them. They are too small for a decent sized paddock. The Compy position in the game has them along the road from the heliport. Since they aren't on the main tour wewouldn't see them.

If you go with the theory that they cleaned up the various pens that would either mean are in every pen or they can freely more between pens.

I will admit that the raptors appear a distance away from the visitor centre where in the movies they appear to be walking distance. So the compy's MIGHT be in a small nearby pen, similar to raptors. The brochure's style might simply make them look further away.

Frankly though I don't see a compy as a big draw to tourists and for me it doesn't really make sense for them to be on the island.

Maybe they just run freely?

I presume the compys in TLW attacked people because of territory and because that one guy hurt one of them and they went on some stupid revenge mission to kill him off.
  • edited November 2011
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    Maybe they just run freely?

I presume the compys in TLW attacked people because of territory and because that one guy hurt one of them and they went on some stupid revenge mission to kill him off.

I thought of that, but that would let them freely walk on the compound. But the attack on Cathy shows that they could attack anyone. Yes, she fed them but it seems like too much of a risk to visitor safety. It also allows them to get into all sorts of things. It seems like introducing a pest then trying to find a better way to keep the park clean.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah I'd have to guess that Ingen Originally had the 16 embryos, but by the time we the audience are introduced to them in the movie, they had already removed Troodon stock from the list of dinosaurs due to their pending destruction.

then again, they may have never been added to the list at all. due to their un-appealing nature. and hence why Harding doesn't even know about them.

I'd also assume that a set number of Compy's were placed in each paddock, to act as the janitors for each species, excluding the carnivores of course lol

although I think they were free roaming within the park in the Novel, I think the staff just never realized the danger they possessed, and assumed that the little scavengers would never go after people. Guess Hammond found out the truth the hard way :/
  • edited November 2011
    interitus wrote: »
    I thought of that, but that would let them freely walk on the compound. But the attack on Cathy shows that they could attack anyone. Yes, she fed them but it seems like too much of a risk to visitor safety. It also allows them to get into all sorts of things. It seems like introducing a pest then trying to find a better way to keep the park clean.

Hmmmm well I think the attack on that girl was dumb anyway, just like most of TLW plot. I know it still counts as cannon, but I wish it didn't otherwise telltale's nice nod to the novel may have worked without any issue.
  • edited November 2011
    So excluding the Troodon, which is an unknown species on the island (hopefully it's creation is explained, as it is a little hard to believe that someone would miss a creature like that being cloned) that leaves us with two other species to work with, since we're not going off of the novel.

here is isla sorna's dinosaurs if anyone is also wandering

Apatosaurus (The Lost World script)
    Ankylosaurus
    Anatotitan (The Lost World script)
    Baryonyx
    Brachiosaurus
    Ceratosaurus
    Compsognathus
    Corythosaurus
    Dilophosaurus
    Gallimimus
    Herrerasaurus
    Leptoceratops (Mentioned)
    Maiasaura (mentioned)
    Mamenchisaurus
    Metriacanthosaurus
    Mosasaurus (Possibly)
    Muttaburrasaurus (Mentioned)
    Pachycephalosaurus
    Parasaurolophus
    Proceratosaurus
    Pteranodon
    Segisaurus
    Spinosaurus
    Stegosaurus
    Suchomimus
    Triceratops
    Troodon (Possibly)
    Tyrannosaurus rex
    Velociraptor antirrhopus
  • edited November 2011
    here is isla sorna's dinosaurs if anyone is also wandering

Apatosaurus (The Lost World script)
    Ankylosaurus
    Anatotitan (The Lost World script)
    Baryonyx
    Brachiosaurus
    Ceratosaurus
    Compsognathus
    Corythosaurus
    Dilophosaurus
    Gallimimus
    Herrerasaurus
    Leptoceratops (Mentioned)
    Maiasaura (mentioned)
    Mamenchisaurus
    Metriacanthosaurus
    Mosasaurus (Possibly)
    Muttaburrasaurus (Mentioned)
    Pachycephalosaurus
    Parasaurolophus
    Proceratosaurus
    Pteranodon
    Segisaurus
    Spinosaurus
    Stegosaurus
    Suchomimus
    Triceratops
    Troodon (Possibly)
    Tyrannosaurus rex
    Velociraptor antirrhopus
    Thanks. :) But this thread is all about isla nublar you might want to post this on one of the isla sorna threads. Did you get this from JP Legacy? Nice list.
  • edited November 2011
    albertosaurs was never mentioned
  • edited November 2011
    albertosaurs was never mentioned
    Albertosaurs were in tresspasser and despite that game's incredible detail to the backstory of Jurassic park, few people consider it canon to the films.
  • edited November 2011
    Albertosaurs were in tresspasser and despite that game's incredible detail to the backstory of Jurassic park, few people consider it canon to the films.

it was also in jurassic park warpath, but why do they put dinosaurs on games that werent in the movies????? i am confused on that one:confused::confused::confused:
  • edited November 2011
    Original 15:
    1.Tyrannosaurus*
    2. Velociraptor*
    3. Dilophosaurus*
    4. Brachiosaurus* (Small Cameo)
    5. Parasaurolophus*
    6. Triceratops*
    7. Gallimimus
    8. Stegosaurus
    9. Metriacanthosaurus
    10. Proceratosaurus
    11. Herrerasaurus*
    12. Segisaurus or Tylosaurus*
    13. Baryonyx
    14. Compsognathus*
    15. Pteranodon*

Secret Dino: Troodon* and possibly Tylosaurus*

*= Confirmed as being in JP the game

The Tylosaurus could possibly be a secret animal for the park. Dr. Harding mentions in the marine facility that he does not know of any marine reptile on his list. Dr. Sorkin also states in her journal that the Mosasaur is a Phase B attraction and is not currently on the list. However, Dr. Harding is not suprised at the mention of the Mosasaur and does not inquire as to why and how it is there in the park, also Dr. Sorkin's statement could simply be referring to animals that are not yet officially part of the park like Stegosaurus and Metriacanthosaurus.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    I wouldn't consider Mosasaur a Park 15.

Mosey is unique and somewhat accidental.

I'd consider that Mosasaur is cataloged as a gene sequence, but they don't have a stock of embryos yet. They've got to examine the viability of the species on the park. (well, of course, we know how that turns out :P )
  • edited November 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »

I'd consider that Mosasaur is cataloged as a gene sequence, but they don't have a stock of embryos yet. They've got to examine the viability of the species on the park. (well, of course, we know how that turns out :P )
    Did you guys actually explain how the Mosasaur was created or did I miss that? :confused:
  • edited November 2011
    Did you guys actually explain how the Mosasaur was created or did I miss that? :confused:

Yep, before you get to the Mosasaur, check the water under the sign of the prehistoric dates. They got some living fossiles in there and they give a bit of an explaination of how they might of cloned it.
  • edited November 2011
    THERE WAS NO BRACHIOSAUR CAMEO!!!! the fact the its beautiful sounds were heard when nima and harding were talking does not a cameo make! Or did I miss something?
  • edited November 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    THERE WAS NO BRACHIOSAUR CAMEO!!!! the fact the its beautiful sounds were heard when nima and harding were talking does not a cameo make! Or did I miss something?
    No that was the "cameo"... sorry if i led people on I just kinda at least wanted it to have an honorable mention.
  • edited November 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »

By gene sequence do you mean that Sorkin used the pure dna of the mosasaur without enhancing it with amphibian dna?
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    By gene sequence do you mean that Sorkin used the pure dna of the mosasaur without enhancing it with amphibian dna?

Not quite.

The idea is that the Jurassic Park biotechnicians extract blood from the mosquitoes. They isolate every unique set of genes they encounter and catalog them. The catalog them mostly so they can match up other samples of similr DNA to build a more complete genetic structure for any given genome. Sorkin would rather wait until a complete genome is collected and pieced together before cloning, but Henry Wu has ideas about how to speed that up.

When they find gene sequences that seem to be mostly intact, they repair them as much as they can (with amphibian DNA) and clone it into a prototype embryo.

They observe what hatches and classify it. Most of these prototype embryos end up stillborn or malformed-- indicating non-viable genomes. Whatever survives is evaluated for their appropriateness to the park. The official embryos are not cloned en masse and kept in cold storage unless the board of directors agrees to move forward with the species.

So, InGen may have a great number of genomes cataloged that have no existing cloned embryos yet. Mosasaur is one of them, as the only existing embryo is now a matured creature. They want to see how the first cloned one turns out before committing on approving it as a possible 16th official Jurassic Park dinosaur. (or... marine lizard.)
  • edited November 2011
    That makes a lot of sense. Not only that but the whole expansion related to the park management you guys added into the game. *Thumbs up!*
  • edited November 2011
    Dr.Dino wrote: »
    That makes a lot of sense. Not only that but the whole expansion related to the park management you guys added into the game. *Thumbs up!*

Agreed, but unlike Dr. Sorkin, I'm not so quick to lay all the blame at Hammond's feet. Yes Hammond isn't a scientist, but the movie's version of Hammond isn't a ruthless out-for-money business man. Unfortunately, even the Founder/CEO of InGen must answer to the board of directors, and the board of directors wants money and quick results. Thus we got Wu's approach to genetic sequencing. However, with Sorkin, the park would have failed anyways since she decided to hide the Troodons, which got free without her knowing. Imagine the chaos that would have ensued if the park had opened.
  • edited November 2011
    The worrying thing about Sorkin & Trodoon is:
    She specifically says:
    I thought they were getting out of their pen (implied to be pre-power outage)

It's like really you mentalist? A dino deemed MORE dangerous than the rex and raptors that you saved from being killed off you THINK might be escaping (while the power was ON) and you don't do a thing about it or mention it??????
  • edited November 2011
    Again, Sorkin didn't want the place to be a park. She wanted it to be a biological preserve. Too bad she didn't live to see Hammond rectify that with Site B.
  • edited November 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    It was a cameo...
  • edited November 2011
    15 dinosaurs are, in my thoughts...

1. Proceratosaurus (Actually Ceratosaurus)
    2. Gallimimus
    3. Tyrannosaurus
    4. Velociraptor
    5. Stegosaurus
    6. Metriacanthosaurus
    7. Triceratops
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Parasaurolophus
    11. Baryonyx (Actually Spinosaurus)
    12. Herrerasaurus
    13. Segisaurus
    14. Compsognathus (Free-Roaming)
    15. Pteranodon (In Aivary)
    Pachycephalosaurus was too aggresive to put in the park.
    Corythosaurus was meant to be integrated with Parasaurolophus.
    Mamenchisaurus was mean to be integrated with Brachiosaurus.
    The aggressive Pteranodons were locked away in the Sorna Aivary.
    Mosaurus was an unexpected success in DNA extraction.
    Troodon was unknown to staff at the time.
  • edited November 2011
    15 dinosaurs are, in my thoughts...

1. Proceratosaurus (Actually Ceratosaurus)
    2. Gallimimus
    3. Tyrannosaurus
    4. Velociraptor
    5. Stegosaurus
    6. Metriacanthosaurus
    7. Triceratops
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Parasaurolophus
    11. Baryonyx (Actually Spinosaurus)
    12. Herrerasaurus
    13. Segisaurus
    14. Compsognathus (Free-Roaming)
    15. Pteranodon (In Aivary)
    Pachycephalosaurus was too aggresive to put in the park.
    Corythosaurus was meant to be integrated with Parasaurolophus.
    Mamenchisaurus was mean to be integrated with Brachiosaurus.
    The aggressive Pteranodons were locked away in the Sorna Aivary.
    Mosaurus was an unexpected success in DNA extraction.
    Troodon was unknown to staff at the time.
    Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if Proceratosaurus and Baryonyx were actually Ceratosaurus and Spinosaurus. But while Barynoyx and Spinosaurus were related, Proceratosaurus and Ceratosaurus were not. Baryonyx could also be a mislabled suchomimus. And I guess Ankylosaurus would be aggressive as well. Very interesting explanations. Also, and I'm sorry I'm just anal about stuff like this, It's a Tylosaurus not a Mosasaurus.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.