What do you want changed/improved for the Fall release of JP:TG.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    REDSLATE wrote: »
    As a result, I fully expect them to follow through with their claim of improving Jurassic Park's gameplay.

Except there was no such claim. You're being incredibly naive if you think anything in the TT news release about the delay or even Alan's statement (note the "when feasible" qualification) above suggests that gameplay changes are likely.
  • edited May 2011
    ...maybe they're making the Velociraptor shoot first?
  • edited May 2011
    thom-22 wrote: »
    Except there was no such claim. You're being incredibly naive if you think anything in the TT news release about the delay or even Alan's statement (note the "when feasible" qualification) above suggests that gameplay changes are likely.

Right... There was "no such claim..."

"The game's mechanics and storytelling have come together in such a way that we see great potential, so much so that we feel we can push these elements to the next level if we spend some extra time working on them."

Aside from that, how is the expectation that gameplay will be improved "naive?" Six months is a long time for development, allowing for plenty of time for improvement.

Furthermore, the pessimistic perspective that, half a year from now, very little will be changed from the current build, is complete ignorance.
  • edited May 2011

"The game's mechanics and storytelling have come together in such a way that we see great potential, so much so that we feel we can push these elements to the next level if we spend some extra time working on them."

Aside from that, how is the expectation that gameplay will be improved "naive?" Six months is a long time for development, allowing for plenty of time for improvement.

Furthermore, the pessimistic perspective that, half a year from now, very little will be changed from the current build, is complete ignorance.

The fact that the entire game will be complete in 5-6 months for Xbox 360 means that their development schedule has not changed at all.

Instead of releasing the episodes on PC over the next 5-6 months as they initially had planned, they will all come out in 5-6 months at once (at least for 360). This allows for nearly no further major improvements whatsoever, as episode 1 is almost certainly complete right now.

Initial release schedule:

Episode 1: April
    Episode 2: May
    Episode 3: June
    Episode 4: July
    Episode 5: August/September

Revised release schedule: All 5 episodes in "Fall" (Most likely September/October)
  • edited May 2011
    For once, I find myself in total agreement with Shodan. ;) This is really simple math. The development of the episodes will progress pretty much on the EXACT SAME schedule as before--you're just not going to get to play them one at a time. So really, rather than the delay being a "gift" to change gameplay to incorporate customer/player feedback, it's more of a simple "fuck you--you'll play the game when we SAY you can, bitch!"
  • edited May 2011
    The world revolves around money and even if all this turns out to be true, do you really think the money they'll make from having a microsoft disc release will be less than the people who ban the game? No. and if you were an investor, you'd vote for the same thing....and really, in the days of games being announced almost 2 years before release, is a few months REALLY a big inconvenience? It sucks, yes. But if it was YOU making money and getting your brand a more widespread notoriety, you would do the same. It's not like there's no other games to play. At least it wasn't cancelled, I'm looking at YOU Colonial Marines....been cancelled 3 f'n times.

Hey, I'm as disappointed as the rest of you. I saw every JP in theatres and eagerly awaited every single game....but at the same time...business is business and life sucks and all that jazz
  • edited May 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    The world revolves around money and even if all this turns out to be true, do you really think the money they'll make from having a microsoft disc release will be less than the people who ban the game? No. and if you were an investor, you'd vote for the same thing....and really, in the days of games being announced almost 2 years before release, is a few months REALLY a big inconvenience? It sucks, yes. But if it was YOU making money and getting your brand a more widespread notoriety, you would do the same. It's not like there's no other games to play. At least it wasn't cancelled, I'm looking at YOU Colonial Marines....been cancelled 3 f'n times.

Hey, I'm as disappointed as the rest of you. I saw every JP in theatres and eagerly awaited every single game....but at the same time...business is business and life sucks and all that jazz

I don't care that the release is delayed, I didn't even pre-order it, and I won't buy it until it's ultra-cheap, I just don't like being lied to.
  • edited May 2011
    they dont develope the games month by month you know....so the schedule means nothing really. This isnt a reality show. Episode 5 is done or pretty much done as of the release of episode 1. They already described what the extra time to prepare for xbox formatting and disc release will be spent doing...no story changes, no gameplay changes, no open world....they didnt lie. The tweaking will be minimal and they said so in the insider forum. But on that note, lighting is a big part of games and I, for one, hope to have a more theatre style game than BTTF. If we can't wander, then make it dark and atmospheric.
  • edited May 2011
    The fact that the entire game will be complete in 5-6 months for Xbox 360 means that their development schedule has not changed at all.

Your claim that the development schedule "has not changed at all" is not a "fact."

Without reliable sources to back these claims, your assumptions hold no merit.

Wait until more information is provided on the game's development (and perhaps play the completed game upon release) before jumping to conclusions. Until then, this thread is to be used for providing reasonable suggestions for game improvements, not for asserting negative beliefs without evidence.

:cool:
  • edited May 2011
    they dont develope the games month by month you know....so the schedule means nothing really. This isnt a reality show. Episode 5 is done or pretty much done as of the release of episode 1. They already described what the extra time to prepare for xbox formatting and disc release will be spent doing...no story changes, no gameplay changes, no open world....they didnt lie. The tweaking will be minimal and they said so in the insider forum. But on that note, lighting is a big part of games and I, for one, hope to have a more theatre style game than BTTF. If we can't wander, then make it dark and atmospheric.

They don't finish the game before releasing episode 1, in every prior release in company history, they have worked on almost every episode up until the moment it was released.

They DO develop the games month by month. The design of episode 5 is most certainly done, as well as most of the dialogue and everything, but I can guarantee that episode 5 isn't even close to "pretty much done".

PS: I've been a Telltale fan for 5 years, one of my best friends used to work there, I have a pretty good idea of how they tend to do things.
  • edited May 2011
    oh okay...then I stand corrected. But yes, they stated that lighting and fluidity are pretty much the main focuses for change. Nothing drastic.
  • edited May 2011

"The game's mechanics and storytelling have come together in such a way that we see great potential, so much so that we feel we can push these elements to the next level if we spend some extra time working on them.

Oh, please. That's marketing-speak. "Push them to the next level" could mean minor tweaks or even "make sure the game ships with fewer bugs than our other recent products have had".
    they dont develope the games month by month you know.

Yes, they do.
    The tweaking will be minimal and they said so in the insider forum.

Surprise, surprise.
    Lambonius wrote: »
    For once, I find myself in total agreement with Shodan. ;) This is really simple math. The development of the episodes will progress pretty much on the EXACT SAME schedule as before--you're just not going to get to play them one at a time. So really, rather than the delay being a "gift" to change gameplay to incorporate customer/player feedback, it's more of a simple "fuck you--you'll play the game when we SAY you can, bitch!"

LOL. Actually, it's more like "fuck you--you'll experience the trivially-interactive cinematic storytelling when we SAY you can."
  • edited May 2011

I wouldn't say minimal but there will be some improvements (nothing dramatic of course):
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Just to briefly touch on the subject, the delay is less about graphics and more about quality of gameplay for all versions of the game.
    Ben wrote: »
    The final game will look better than the media that we've released so far, but I don't want to get people's hopes up too much. We're not building a new engine, and we're not redoing all the assets. There will some incremental improvements and fixes, but it's not going to be completely redone.
  • edited May 2011
    Who's been lying? Prove it.
  • edited May 2011
    Who's been lying? Prove it.

The game is still on essentially the same development schedule, therefore they really haven't delayed anything other than the release of the first few episodes, which will be worked on in a nearly trivial amount over the next several months.

At best, they'll make a couple extremely minor tweaks by the time they get to finishing episode 5, and back-port them to the others, but, as we learned with the TMI Episode 1 Earl Boen debacle, every single time they do a new build of an episode means it has to go through QA, which can apparently sometimes take quite some time, so for the same reason they don't typically patch their games upon release, I can't see them working on every episode up until release in the fall. They don't have the resources to treat every episode as top priority at the same time, especially not while also working on finishing off BttF, Hector, Puzzle Agent 2, and pre-production on multiple other titles.

All of this really means the delay was more about the Xbox 360 simultaneous release deal (timed exclusivity deal?) than actually improving the game's quality, as they lead us to believe with their marketing speak spin BS.
  • edited May 2011
    I still don't see the lies. Perhaps you're looking too hard, too eager to have a go at Telltale, at Microsoft, at anyone that disagrees with you.
  • edited May 2011
    I still don't see the lies. Perhaps you're looking too hard, too eager to have a go at Telltale, at Microsoft, at anyone that disagrees with you.

They told us they were delaying the game to improve the quality of the game, when it's quite transparent that the primary motive for the delay was simultaneous release and possibly timed exclusivity for the 360 port. This is misdirection, at best, and a filthy outright lie, at worst.
  • edited May 2011
    They told us they were delaying the game to improve the quality of the game, when it's quite transparent that the primary motive for the delay was simultaneous release and possibly timed exclusivity for the 360 port. This is misdirection, at best, and a filthy outright lie, at worst.

Wow...I'm a cynical bastard, but nowhere near THAT cynical.

BTW, I agree with whoever said that JP should get a physical disk release on PS3 due to PSN troubles.

All I want is for them to use the correct sound effects for the animals. It's not like they can't find them or use them.
  • edited May 2011
    So you're saying it's just a coincidence that the very next day after announcing the delay, they announce that a 360 version will launch simultaneously with the full season on a disc? The fact that their development schedule is largely unchanged and that the game will be out at around the same time episode 5 was originally scheduled to be out doesn't look a bit like they blatantly lied about "spending more time" on the game? At best, they're spending a miniscule amount of time doing minor tweaks and adjustments on episodes 1-4, and the press release makes it sound like they are doing some massive gameplay overhaul, which they are not doing, and this has been confirmed by TTG themselves. It is pretty clear what they are doing.
  • edited May 2011
    *stands beside Shodan*
  • edited May 2011
    It's never bad to have a wishlist, even if they don't change anything dramatically.
  • edited May 2011
    even if they arent going to change much, most people are expecting the game to be as good as it can be, including some "newer" improvements over what is seen in the trailor. I think in the long run more people are going to be let down by the game than they would have been before any mention of improvements.
  • edited May 2011
    DaVewB wrote: »
    even if they arent going to change much, most people are expecting the game to be as good as it can be, including some "newer" improvements over what is seen in the trailor. I think in the long run more people are going to be let down by the game than they would have been before any mention of improvements.

It is what it is, and you'll be seeing the final product come Fall. Maybe a sneak peak will come at E3!
  • edited May 2011
    The question, also, is "what can be improved before the fall release". Graphics? Not without updating engine - unlikely to be completed in time. Gameplay? No. Story? Hell, no.

The main area updates are possible in, and the game would benefit the most is lip-sync. It already looks really bad, and after LA Noire hits the market, it will look even worse. Given enough resources and a bit of technical effort, you can improve JP's lip-sync tenfold, greatly increasing the immersion. The game that looks cartoony can be looked at as a design choice, but weird-moving lips just look like someone is not doing his or her job hard enough. That also goes for BTTF, and even all the other TT games, but is even harder to swallow in a game like JP.
  • edited May 2011
    If you put "Physics" in Jurassic Park are they going to utilize all 4 or 6 cores on a processor!
    Havok has a 2010 demo on youtube, there physic utilizes all cores on a 6 core processor, Multi-Threaded, you should check it out!!!

I want this game to look surperb on PC, I know for a fact it could happen so make Jurassic Park shine!!!
    Your the one TellTaleGames, that said you wanted to bring "Jurassic Park" in with a big bang so are the gamers going to see it!!!
  • edited May 2011
    ezjohny wrote: »
    "Physics" in Jurassic Park

Haha... physics+Jurassic Park... *sigh* I can't wait for the next Trespasser...
  • edited May 2011
    Stop porting your game from console to PC! The PC is not benefiting this way!!
  • edited June 2011
    I'd hope they'd pay more attention to all of the excellent fan research that's been done over the years and I'm really doubtful about this new species they're introducing. It'd be nice for a Jurassic Park game to actually stay faithful to what was established in the film and take advantage of the rich world that was created instead of trying to introduce their own things into it. It's what a lot of the Jurassic Park fan base wants it seems. Telltale has yet to let me down (other than adopting Hector) and I'm holding out that they'll deliver another winner.
  • edited June 2011
    tobar wrote: »
    It'd be nice for a Jurassic Park game to actually stay faithful to what was established in the film...

I don't think any fan should be worried about that. As far as our knowledge about the game goes TellTale is doing an excellent work at that.
  • edited June 2011
    This is bit expensive but then again, they went and got and/or bought license what was used to make expensive movies.

It is about making two-legged things actually walk like two-legged things. Not some poor animation of pretending to look like walking. This is not like most Telltale Games titles what are trying to look "cartoonish".
  • edited June 2011
    Just my $.02: so far, I have not played a TT game that has not made me laugh and that I have not thoroughly enjoyed. So I completely trust them to do a fantastic job. There might be stuff that I think that I might want, but what I really want is whatever TT gives me, because it is usually better than anything of which I can think.
  • edited June 2011
    Wouldn't it be something if the final product had multiplayer. Like raising your army of dinosaurs on Site B with the dinos from the movies. Like avoid a Triceratops stampede from destroying your raptor population or tell your ceratosaurs to attack a Bull Stegosaurus. Just like that Dino Battles game on the PC.
  • edited June 2011
    tobar wrote: »
    It'd be nice for a Jurassic Park game to actually stay faithful to what was established in the film and take advantage of the rich world that was created instead of trying to introduce their own things into it.

It's not a remake, it is their own thing. They can introduce new elements, a new plot parallel to the original, a new dino, more characters, etc. and still be faithful to the JP universe. What would be the point if they didn't expand on what was established in the films?
    Big Kahuna wrote: »
    I have not played a TT game ... that I have not thoroughly enjoyed ...

I have. But that was due to IMO deficiencies in gameplay, and I have the same concerns about this game. But as far as story and atmosphere go, I think Telltale will do a fine job in capturing the spirit of Jurassic Park.
  • edited June 2011
    thom-22 wrote: »
    It's not a remake, it is their own thing. They can introduce new elements, a new plot parallel to the original, a new dino, more characters, etc. and still be faithful to the JP universe. What would be the point if they didn't expand on what was established in the films?

I believe people are still having a hard time accepting Troodon as a new dinosaur, mainly because many fans have been accepting those fan-made theories that say it cannot be on Nublar as fact, when they surely aren't.
  • edited June 2011
    I really wanted to see branching storyline, but E3 revealed it to be linear.

<

When asked by Machinima if the game would be "narrative" or "create your own adventure," Joe said it would be "more of a narrative experience." This means the game will most likely be more of an interactive movie than a cause/effect game.
  • edited June 2011
    When asked by Machinima if the game would be "narrative" or "create your own adventure," Joe said it would be "more of a narrative experience." This means the game will most likely be more of an interactive movie than a cause/effect game.

Oh my, how shocking. What unexpected news. I totally expected them to make something that wasn't a machinima with buttons. :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2011
    Oh my, how shocking. What unexpected news. I totally expected them to make something that wasn't a machinima with buttons. :rolleyes:

Well, seeing as how Telltale compared it to Heavy Rain (which has branching storyline), it is "unexpected news."
  • edited June 2011
    Well, seeing as how Telltale compared it to Heavy Rain (which has branching storyline), it is "unexpected news."

Not if you watched the original gameplay videos, or played BttF.
  • edited June 2011
    The biggest thing what should be improved till release especially after watching the E3-material is:
    ANIMATION
    It didn't bother me that much in BTTF (mostly because of the more cartoony approach) but JP - as TTG said themselves - wants to be a cinematic experience.
    Unfortunately by using a more realistic look, DOF and movie-like camerawork the STIFF ANIMATION makes a spectacle of itself.
    And decreases the depth of immersion.
    Everything else - story, locations, choice of environments, sound, music - is perfect.
  • edited June 2011
    Didnt they once said we will see the new better version of JPTG and see why it was delayed on E3 2011?

What I saw was actually the same game, just an other level. Where were the changes and improvements? What was it that "takes the gameplay on a higher level"?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.