What do you want changed/improved for the Fall release of JP:TG.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    spas shotgun
    jeep ride
    going back down into the breaker bunker
  • edited April 2011
    starpooled wrote: »
    Better graphics and the ability to move and explore a little.

This. It really bothered me in the demo. You should "explore" in adventure games.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm sticking with my guns. Sorry, but I just don't see the need for walking and I fully support the gameplay TellTale is using for Jurassic Park.
  • edited April 2011
    I would love to at least have a free mode where I could walk around and explore the park and ride the jeeps and stuff. Im making a JP Jeep as we speak and would love to drive one around the park and say, feed the animals, or have to winch out of a tree. That would be awesome!!!!!! Ive always wanted to drive/walk around the park as it is seen in the maps. Maybe you could "in free mode" take the tour??????
  • edited April 2011
    three important notes:

1] the delay of the pc version followed more or less the confirmation that it's going to be published on xbox360 too.
    this makes me think that the MS quality assurance process (or however this is called) could be a major reason for the delay as well.

2] a common release doesn't discriminate any platform, so chances for sales on consoles will grow while the pc-ones are decreasing.

3] a delay from april to fall can mean: april may june july august september. this is about the time when the whole season of jurassic park was ment to be released. one episode per month. so i doubt that we can expect major changes from now on till fall. basically it is just cancelling the episodic format and releasing the whole season at once.

ADDITION
    although i doubt there will be major changes till the release I personally...

...would also love to have larger environments than in BTTF or at least more of them and not only the ability but the need to explore them.
    ...appreciate better graphics. I don't see the major problem in the models or the textures but more in the way of lightning. the calculation of light and shadows plays an important role and decides whether a scene looks artificial or more real. some kind of ambient occlusion would be fine but I don't know what the current telltale-engine can handle.
    I think why people are bothered by the graphics of JP:TG is because TTG tried to have a more realistic approach than in their other games. No one would criticize BTTF because it's a more cartoony stile with rather stylized characters. It has not the ambition to look real so it doesn't evoke this kind of expectation.
    JP:TG is designed to create a very cinematic experience including thriller elements and the feeling of constant danger, it is meant to look real and it is based on a movie which was groundbreaking because of it's CGIs.
    So expecations are very high.
  • edited April 2011
    Honestly, I dont even need a game LOL, I just want to walk around on jurassic park LOL:)
  • edited April 2011
    Looks like we have our answer. From a GameSpot news article citing a Telltale announcement: "Now, Telltale has made it official. Not only will Jurassic Park come to the Xbox 360, but it will also arrive simultaneously on the PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac." "Telltale revealed the Xbox 360 edition of the game will arrive as a 'retail release containing the full series on disc.' On other platforms, the game will be released episodically like other offerings from the publisher..."

So if they're planning to release the full series (for XBOX only WTF?) in fall, there's little possibility for major changes or improvements. And the original announcement about the delay and the Connors letter saying, essentially, "we need more time to make this the best game it can be" was typical PR-spin bullshit.
  • edited April 2011
    Hoping the full game and no episode 1 to 5... this I couldn't stand :D
    Keeping my fingers crossed :D
  • edited April 2011
    The full game? Interesting... Agreed on that it shouldn't be episode one to five, all together in a big game would be nice.

I wish I lived in San Fransisco to try out the game and suggest stuff!
  • edited April 2011
    Cabal84 wrote: »
    Hoping the full game and no episode 1 to 5... this I couldn't stand :D
    Keeping my fingers crossed :D

Only 360, and even then it's 5 episodes within the disc. So we'll see...
  • edited April 2011
    thom-22 wrote: »
    And the original announcement about the delay and the Connors letter saying, essentially, "we need more time to make this the best game it can be" was typical PR-spin bullshit.

I agree. There's likely to be very little change to the game come fall.
  • edited April 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    I agree. There's likely to be very little change to the game come fall.
    The Insider Forum would disagree...

They are adding to the engine with better lighting and have better looking skin for the humans, motion blur, and more additions will come (But nothing drastic!).

But in the end it's to make the gameplay better quality and possibly have more variety.
  • edited April 2011

They are adding to the engine with better lighting and have better looking skin for the humans, motion blur, and more additions will come (But nothing drastic!).

But in the end it's to make the gameplay better quality and possibly have more variety.

After reading this forum, it seems most fans are expecting drastic changes to the gameplay and effects, and expect Telltale to work full-tilt on the game until release this fall. When in reality, Telltale has most likely transferred the Jurassic Park team to another project (Walking Dead?) and is holding back just a small skeleton crew to slowly pick away at any improvements to JP:TG.

No doubt there will be additions to the game, I'm not denying this. Just nothing to warrant the 6-8 month delay. It's become apparent the game is mostly being pushed back for business reasons, not game improvement.
  • edited April 2011
    I want a new dinosaur to come. THIS guy!

Spinosaurus1DBa.png

The Spinosaurus, a monster even bigger then the T-Rex and possibly more deadly. Ooo want that in this game :D.

I don't know if this counts as "Want changed" but I want it anyway.
  • edited April 2011
    There is no Spinosaur on Isla Nublar, we have the Rex yet, why to add a fish eater.
  • edited April 2011
    Giu3232 wrote: »
    There is no Spinosaur on Isla Nublar, we have the Rex yet, why to add a fish eater.

Well who said it isn't? And besides, it's bigger and scarier looking then the Rex and probably has the brain the size of a grapefruit rather then a walnut. I'd rather have it then the Rex.
  • edited April 2011
    I would hate to see yet another JP game come so close to what the game could be and stop short because of bullshit reasons. Fans buy the games, make what we want....
  • edited April 2011
    thom-22 wrote: »
    Looks like we have our answer. From a GameSpot news article citing a Telltale announcement: "Now, Telltale has made it official. Not only will Jurassic Park come to the Xbox 360, but it will also arrive simultaneously on the PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac." "Telltale revealed the Xbox 360 edition of the game will arrive as a 'retail release containing the full series on disc.' On other platforms, the game will be released episodically like other offerings from the publisher..."

So if they're planning to release the full series (for XBOX only WTF?) in fall, there's little possibility for major changes or improvements. And the original announcement about the delay and the Connors letter saying, essentially, "we need more time to make this the best game it can be" was typical PR-spin bullshit.

... why in the hell would they release it as one full game for 360, and episodes for everything else? That's absolutely idiotic, and I am pretty sure I now hate them.
  • edited April 2011
    make this thread a sticky!!
  • edited April 2011
    you know, I was always interested in Carcharodon Megalodon... JAWS, eat your heart out.
  • edited April 2011
    gamespot.com stated:
    "In addition, Telltale revealed the Xbox 360 edition of the game will arrive as a "retail release containing the full series on disc." On other platforms, the game will be released episodically like other offerings from the publisher, which is in the middle of a series based on Back to the Future and is working on a Walking Dead title."

If this turnes out to be true it looks like this for me:
    Microsoft and TTG made a deal that JP:TG will be exclusively available at once on the xbox360, whereas every other plattform is discriminated and pc, mac and ps3-gamers will get the full game at least 5 months later. Seemed easy for TTG to refund the pre-orders BECAUSE:
    the core-JP-fans (which pre-ordered) have now the chance to switch to the xbox360-version!!! the sum MS payed TTG for this deal was obviously high enough to not only refund the pre-orders (well most of them will order again!) but also to hand out vouchers. I bet that the 360-retail-version will be more expensive than the pc-version.
    So its a win-win situation for MS and TTG. Hopefully most of the pre-orders will grab the more expensive xbox-version and those who want to use their voucher for a free pc-version of jurassic park have to wait at least 5 months longer to have the full season of JP:TG. of course mac and ps3-users are discriminated too.

comparison between april and fall-version:
    till last week:
    PC and MAC gamers would've payed 30/35 bucks for the full season, starting in april, finishing in fall. PS3 gamers would've payed 35+ bucks for the full season starting in fall.
    No xbox360 release.

now:
    PC and MAC gamers will pay 0/30/35 bucks for the full season, starting in fall, finishing winter.
    PS3 gamers will pay 35+ bucks for the full season, starting in fall, finishing winter.
    xbox360 gamers will pay 40/45? bucks for the exclusive full-retail version, coming in fall.

It would be nice if anyone of TTG has good arguments to disagree what I am thinking of.
  • edited April 2011
    well that would enrage fans ,if they give the full season on xbox 5 months earlier than the other platforms...:mad:
  • edited April 2011
    I think people are reading too much into this. Ok so we know a bit more about the Xbox release but after that it's guesswork. Alan has hinted that the release schedule for this game would be different and that we should like it. From all that I feel that the release will be the same for all versions (and why shouldn't it, hell to do so otherwise would just be more work for little reason) and that release could well be a single full game (or a package of all 5 episodes à la CSI) or if they stick to an episodic release model it could be that episodes come out every week or two instead of a month.
  • edited April 2011
    I think people are reading too much into this. Ok so we know a bit more about the Xbox release but after that it's guesswork. Alan has hinted that the release schedule for this game would be different and that we should like it. From all that I feel that the release will be the same for all versions (and why shouldn't it, hell to do so otherwise would just be more work for little reason) and that release could well be a single full game (or a package of all 5 episodes à la CSI) or if they stick to an episodic release model it could be that episodes come out every week or two instead of a month.
    On other platforms, the game will be released episodically like other offerings from the publisher

That line right there proves that it will be episodic on every platform but 360. If they were to release it all at once, but still segmented into episodes, I would have to ask what their logic behind that was, rather than just making it one cohesive game, like the 360 one appears to be.
  • edited April 2011

Interesting information you provided there. I myself am still waiting on my access to the "Insider Forums."

To be perfectly honest, I could give two shits about motion blur and lighting (those are just graphical additions). With an additional half a year to continue development, I expect to see major attention given to both gameplay and story.
  • edited April 2011
    REDSLATE wrote: »
    With an additional half a year to continue development, I expect to see major attention given to both gameplay and story.

Prepare for disappointment.
  • edited April 2011
    That line right there proves that it will be episodic on every platform but 360. If they were to release it all at once, but still segmented into episodes, I would have to ask what their logic behind that was, rather than just making it one cohesive game, like the 360 one appears to be.
    Exclusivity as part of the MS deal?

Why are you always so negative!?
  • edited April 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    gamespot.com stated:
    "In addition, Telltale revealed the Xbox 360 edition of the game will arrive as a "retail release containing the full series on disc." On other platforms, the game will be released episodically like other offerings from the publisher, which is in the middle of a series based on Back to the Future and is working on a Walking Dead title."

If this turnes out to be true it looks like this for me:
    Microsoft and TTG made a deal that JP:TG will be exclusively available at once on the xbox360, whereas every other plattform is discriminated and pc, mac and ps3-gamers will get the full game at least 5 months later. Seemed easy for TTG to refund the pre-orders BECAUSE:
    the core-JP-fans (which pre-ordered) have now the chance to switch to the xbox360-version!!! the sum MS payed TTG for this deal was obviously high enough to not only refund the pre-orders (well most of them will order again!) but also to hand out vouchers. I bet that the 360-retail-version will be more expensive than the pc-version.
    So its a win-win situation for MS and TTG. Hopefully most of the pre-orders will grab the more expensive xbox-version and those who want to use their voucher for a free pc-version of jurassic park have to wait at least 5 months longer to have the full season of JP:TG. of course mac and ps3-users are discriminated too.

comparison between april and fall-version:
    till last week:
    PC and MAC gamers would've payed 30/35 bucks for the full season, starting in april, finishing in fall. PS3 gamers would've payed 35+ bucks for the full season starting in fall.
    No xbox360 release.

now:
    PC and MAC gamers will pay 0/30/35 bucks for the full season, starting in fall, finishing winter.
    PS3 gamers will pay 35+ bucks for the full season, starting in fall, finishing winter.
    xbox360 gamers will pay 40/45? bucks for the exclusive full-retail version, coming in fall.

It would be nice if anyone of TTG has good arguments to disagree what I am thinking of.

I don't mind the episodic model, and have found I like looking forward to each new BttF episode each month. But if this turns out to be true, I can't help but feel burned. Yeah, I'll basically be getting the game on PC for free with the voucher now. But I was an early supporter of this game, and now I won't be able to play the full thing when players whom may have never even played a TT game before, on an entirely different platform, can? Boo!
  • edited April 2011
    Exclusivity as part of the MS deal?

Why are you always so negative!?

Episode 1 would be out right now if it weren't for the MS deal, guaranteed. It was not delayed "to improve the game" it was delayed because MS wanted it delayed so they could have timed exclusivity on it. This is what MS does. It's just sickening to see TTG latch onto MS's idiotic schemes and lie to their customers in the process.

The game will still be "Heavy Rain (for toddlers who are afraid of thought or choices): Jurassic Park Edition" when it comes out, mark my words.
  • edited April 2011
    Sick of people seeing conspiracies where there aren't any. Just sounds like some people just waiting for any opportunity to have a dig at Telltale just 'cos something that someone else infers doesn't meet their oh-so-mighty satisfactions. Now I don't love everything that Telltale is doing or has done but just sick of people latching onto stories that aren't fully substantiated and treating them like they are the gospel truth.
  • edited April 2011
    Sick of people seeing conspiracies where there aren't any. Just sounds like some people just waiting for any opportunity to have a dig at Telltale just 'cos something that someone else infers doesn't meet their oh-so-mighty satisfactions. Now I don't love everything that Telltale is doing or has done but just sick of people latching onto stories that aren't fully substantiated and treating them like they are the gospel truth.

The article quite clearly states:
    Telltale revealed the Xbox 360 edition of the game will arrive as a "retail release containing the full series on disc." On other platforms, the game will be released episodically like other offerings from the publisher

There is no reason they would randomly make that up. The game will be episodic, except for 360, where the entire game will be available on disc simultaneously:
    Not only will Jurassic Park come to the Xbox 360, but it will also arrive simultaneously on the PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac.

There is no misinterpretation going on. It has been laid out plainly in the article.
  • edited April 2011
    The only actual quote in that article concerns the Xbox release. I'm not saying they've made up the rest, just that they don't have any other information to go on other that what they've already got and the knowledge of Telltale's previous main release strategy. Plus I'm more interested in this sort of quote:
    We're planning to have a simultaneous release with the PC version. We'll be announcing our release schedule later on but I think you'll be pleased.

Now why would he say we'd be pleased if the plan was that the Xbox version solely got a single release for all episodes? He knows by now that the main market of these forums is the PC & Mac. That plus the fact that the game is delayed until autumn (i.e. for 5/6 months or the previously expected release cycle) and knowledge of the Xbox disc release means that all the episodes should be finished come release time.

It has further occurred to me while typing this that this style of console release (though I admit it's not confirmed that it'll happen for the PS3 as well but I feel that it's a safe assumption for now) has been planned for a while, if only for the fact that deals like Telltale now have with Microsoft do actually take time to conclude. And so the dev team, having had this confirmation regarding at least one console release, thought that they could give the PC & Mac players a better gaming experience if they used a similar release method especially as it's not completely alien to them, just look at the CSI releases.

So while a disc style release for a console may have been the impetus for the PC/Mac delay, I don't take it to mean that the single release is exclusively for the Xbox or any other single platform. And if this release experiment (which is kinda what it is) works then it could change the way Telltale handle all releases and may lead into a single big game (if that isn't happening already) which is what a lot of people seem to want.

Anyway, all of this is just my take on it. I could be wrong, but then I could also be right. I'm sure we'll find out in due course.
  • edited April 2011
    Prepare for disappointment.

With regards to this game, I'm not preparing for anything...

I purchased this game knowing that the official release date was in the month of April. Telltale declared that they intended to improve the game in order to provide a much higher quality product, thus requiring them to delay the game's release for several months. They provided an acceptable reparation (full refund and game credit). As a result, I fully expect them to follow through with their claim of improving Jurassic Park's gameplay.
  • edited April 2011

I purchased this game knowing that the official release date was in the month of April. Telltale declared that they intended to improve the game in order to provide a much higher quality product, thus requiring them to delay the game's release for several months. They provided an acceptable reparation (full refund and game credit). As a result, I fully expect them to follow through with their claim of improving Jurassic Park's gameplay.

The odds are about 50,000,000 to 1 that the delay had anything to do with something other than MS wanting a simultaneous Xbox 360 release, with episodes 2-5 most likely being timed exclusives to 360. The letter and all that was almost assuredly just marketing spin to make it sound like there were other factors beyond "Microsoft offered us money and we took it."

I trust Telltale about as far as I can throw a blue whale at this point.
  • edited April 2011

"Acceptable" is an understatement. All they had to do was refund everybody, but instead they included the free game voucher.

As for this "timed exclusive" deal, you'll all eventually be able to play the game in it's entirety. It's to make up for the lack of Telltale games on the 360 for nearly two years for XBA. Give us Xbox users a break!
  • edited April 2011
    The odds are about 50,000,000 to 1 that the delay had anything to do with something other than MS wanting a simultaneous Xbox 360 release, with episodes 2-5 most likely being timed exclusives to 360. The letter and all that was almost assuredly just marketing spin to make it sound like there were other factors beyond "Microsoft offered us money and we took it."

I trust Telltale about as far as I can throw a blue whale at this point.

What?

That statement is not even reasonable. There's no reason to suspect the "secret dealings" you've alluded to or your unsubstantiated claim that the console release will be in the form of "exclusive" episodic downloadable content.

The topic of this thread is to provide suggestions for improvements to the game. Your assertions that Telltale is "corrupt" are not only unnecessary, but also irrelevant. Don't post any more comments unrelated to this topic.

:cool:
  • edited April 2011
    "Acceptable" is an understatement. All they had to do was refund everybody, but instead they included the free game voucher.

I completely agree. Essentially they've given us Jurassic Park for free!
  • edited April 2011
    What?

That statement is not even reasonable. There's no reason to suspect the "secret dealings" you've alluded to or your unsubstantiated claim that the console release will be in the form of "exclusive" episodic downloadable content.

What I said was derived directly from the news articles from various websites based on what Telltale themselves told them. The game will be episodic on every platform other than 360, where they will receive the full game before anyone else even sees episode 2.

My point is basically: there will be very little, if any, improvements made, so suggestions for them are fairly pointless.
  • edited April 2011
    What I said was derived directly from the news articles from various websites based on what Telltale themselves told them. The game will be episodic on every platform other than 360, where they will receive the full game before anyone else even sees episode 2.

My point is basically: there will be very little, if any, improvements made, so suggestions for them are fairly pointless.

I haven't read any "news articles" that verify these claims, but it's irrelevant to this topic anyway.

Also, there is no justification for assuring that there will be little to no improvements made after Telltale Team Members have already stated, "The team will continue taking fan input and, when feasable, implement it into the final game." (That means in addition to current improvements.)

If you would like to continue to assert your beliefs/(?facts?), then create a New Topic and post the links to the "news articles from various websites" which you "derived" your information from. Again, this is NOT the proper place for your statements.

Nuff said.

:cool:
  • edited May 2011
    A physical disc release for the PS3 Seeing as the PSN is a pile of shit now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.