Jurassic Park on Disc for PS3 Please

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Seeing as Ps3 users will not be getting a physical disc release, will there be a disc release in the future with all episodes on it for ps3 like the PC users will be able to purchase?
  • edited September 2011
    They JUST announced that they extended their publishing deal with Sony to include disc releases. Back To The Future is confirmed to be first. I would expect Jurassic Park to follow.
  • edited September 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    They JUST announced that they extended their publishing deal with Sony to include disc releases. Back To The Future is confirmed to be first. I would expect Jurassic Park to follow.

Thanks for the link, I'm still worried they wont release JP though. Because even on the JP video it only says PSN. But if they do well then PROPS TO TELL TALE. Finally THANK YOU!
  • edited September 2011
    The game will be released the November 15. Today is September 25 and no notices on the release of the disc. No information or possible game reserve in the store, finally I do not think it comes out on disc.

In Europe, the date resealed is November 15 as in the USA or should we wait longer?
  • edited September 2011
    If it is released on disc..I think it would be released after the initial release here.
  • edited September 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    If it is released on disc..I think it would be released after the initial release here.

Seriously?. Released in disc for PS3?.
  • edited September 2011
    Could happen. I'm not saying it is...but it could happen eventually.
  • edited September 2011
    You know my birthday is in November i might get a new ps3 game on disc and get stuff on the playstation store if i do one of the games will be JP The Game.
  • edited September 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »

I would have imagined so anyway. It would be pretty douchey for the company to just dump that on their team at the last minute. Plus they announced PSN already; the XBOX understanding; other releases at that time and so forth. They'll wait. If it doesn't happen eventually, I would be very surprised.
  • edited September 2011
    I don't see any reason for it not to happen, what with Back to the Future getting a disc release and all.
  • edited October 2011
    Has a Platinum Trophy?. has the possibility or will happen the same as other games from Telltale.
  • edited October 2011
    How about announcing if you're going to release it on disc Telltale? With Back to the Future coming to disc on PS3, why would you not do the same for Jurassic Park?!
  • edited October 2011
    Telekill wrote: »
    How about announcing if you're going to release it on disc Telltale? With Back to the Future coming to disc on PS3, why would you not do the same for Jurassic Park?!

The thing with Back to the future is it was a Downloadble Title at first..and was a PSN exclusive.

It may show up for in disc form at some point.
  • edited October 2011
    Got my copy of Back to the Future Retail copy for my ps3 earlier this week, and I am ULTRA happy to have a physical copy of this game. I never purchased the game through PSN, because I am really not a fan of downloading games based on such big franchises... Big franchises deserve a retail release! (I am looking at you JP the Game). I do want to point out something, guys is not like Telltale does not want to release a retail copy of JP for PS3. Is really not a easy process to do at all, a lot of business goes on in the background to make it happen, but keep faith! We got Back to the Future, we will get JP eventually also. Hopefully near the Nov 15 release.

I don't think I can wait more than a month after release to play the JP game, I might be forced to buy the 360 copy :S
  • edited October 2011
    rainwhole wrote: »
    Got my copy of Back to the Future Retail copy for my ps3 earlier this week, and I am ULTRA happy to have a physical copy of this game. I never purchased the game through PSN, because I am really not a fan of downloading games based on such big franchises... Big franchises deserve a retail release! (I am looking at you JP the Game). I do want to point out something, guys is not like Telltale does not want to release a retail copy of JP for PS3. Is really not a easy process to do at all, a lot of business goes on in the background to make it happen, but keep faith! We got Back to the Future, we will get JP eventually also. Hopefully near the Nov 15 release.

I don't think I can wait more than a month after release to play the JP game, I might be forced to buy the 360 copy :S

The retail version of Back to the Future has Platinum Trophy in PS3?. Regards.
  • edited November 2011
    JPFan wrote: »
    The retail version of Back to the Future has Platinum Trophy in PS3?. Regards.

Yeah, it has a platinum trophy, and it ain't to difficult to get either. Just play through all the episodes and your good!
  • edited November 2011
    Should make a deal, if PS3 gets JP:TG on disc, 360 should get BTTF:TG on disc. Tis only fair.
  • edited November 2011
    Fair enough. I'm just hoping somone at Telltale is paying attention to the forums and this thread.
  • edited November 2011
    This game need a release as retail, I don't get full games from the PSN. I'm a very big JP Fan and will play this game, but if there is no retail, I won't buy the game.

I'm also wait for a disc release of BTTF in Europe...
  • edited November 2011
    I'm getting my format on PC already pre-ordered on steam. Not happy that I can't pre-load it but oh well.

But yeah if the xbox is going retail it would only make sense to give ps3 users the same treatment. Telltale should treat all the customers equally and give them the choice of how they want to get their game.

But the might be something going on the back ground which is preventing a ps3 retail release.

But if I was a Ps3 gamer I wouldn't be very happy being forced to do a lengthy download on to a console with only so much HDD space that is mainly used to store saves, moves and DLC.

I hope telltale get on the case and bring out a retail format.
  • edited November 2011
    I was under the impression only real reason PS3 owners dont get a physical copy of the game is because the ps3 can go online for free while as 360 users would have to get a membership card,so if they released it on 360 as a download only you would basically:
    1-Have your 360 hooked up to the internet
    2-Pay for a membership card to get online(can be 30-100 bucks)
    3-pay for the game(40 bucks+Tax)
    4-pay for a memory unit most like a hardrive(most ps3 units automatically come with one,hardrives are not cheap in most cases when bought new)
    5-Download the game sucessfully

Downloads of the game also is more profitable without the need of retailers or money spent on making materials all of which telltale games gets.

nontheless despite me being a 360 owner my heart goesout the ps3 owners who still deserve a retail copy of the game.
  • edited November 2011
    Can anyone from TTG can tell us if we can wait for a disc release ??
  • edited November 2011
    I will quote a telltale team member and then when I find the quote will post it. As of yet there has been no announcement of a ps3 disc. Only downloadable from PSN.
  • edited November 2011
    What's the size of the game in PS3?
  • edited November 2011
    Well, I've got a pretty steady cash flow right now Telltale, and you're missing every cent of it because of a lack of information on if there will be a disc based version of this game on PS3.

Get on it guys. It's not that big of an out of this world request.
  • edited November 2011
    I just purchased BTTF on retail version and Im so happy! please Telltale give us Jurassic Park on disc for the PS3!! We want it so desperately! It's a big franchise, and it deserves it! At least answer to us if someday its going to happen or not...
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Hey everyone! Right now there isn't a plan to release JP as a retail PS3 disc. We're a digital first company and really love downloading games via PSN. I'm not saying there will never be a disc at some point down the line, but there are no plans to do it now. Try the download, I think you'll like it as much as we do!
  • edited September 2012
    Just wondering now that the game has been out for awhile any new updates on it getting a disc release for PS3? I know The Walking Dead is and this is great news for us none PSN downloaders.
  • edited September 2012
    Does anyone know if this game will make it to disc or is it now dead in the water as far as retail disc release?
  • edited September 2012
    It is sad TellTale Games isn't considering this desire for a PS3 Disc...
    No news about it :(
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah would be nice if they would at least set the record straight and give an answer one way or another!
  • edited September 2012
    TTG has just announced the a Walking Dead retail disc release !!
    Why is JURASSIC PARK not concerned by this disc edition ?
  • edited September 2012
    Nikos92 wrote: »
    TTG has just announced the a Walking Dead retail disc release !!
    Why is JURASSIC PARK not concerned by this disc edition ?

Because it probably sold like crap
  • edited September 2012
    Even if download sales were low putting it onto disc will open it up to gamers who do not use the PSN, and maybe will help the sales of the game
  • edited September 2012
    Even if download sales were low putting it onto disc will open it up to gamers who do not use the PSN, and maybe will help the sales of the game

Not really, for that it needs to be a good game, which it isnt. Its also too expensive to put it onto disc. Just forget it!
  • edited October 2012
    I would honestly love to have this.

They could even make a triple pack for each console; Back To The Future, Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead as a triple pack combo.
  • edited December 2012
    And with 2012 almost at a close I am going to guess we will not get a retail disc of this game, or maybe just maybe it will come out in April for the 3D release of the film as well as its 20th Anniversary.
  • edited December 2012
    They could even make a triple pack for each console; Back To The Future, Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead as a triple pack combo.

A triple-pack for Windows/Mac[/Linux?] might work for a TTG.com sale, but not for consoles; BttF and JP are properties owned by Universal Studios; Walking Dead is not. It would be a licensing nightmare trying to get all three of these sold in the same package for consoles.
  • edited December 2012
    Xbskid what do you think the chances of the game coming to PS3 disc is?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.