Any doubts for the new game?

edited October 2011 in Jurassic Park
Some of the gameplay footage is "kiddy stuff". This is where I have some minor doubts about JP, it isn't R rated or anything , through it has it's moments.I mean its like expecting a Winnie the Pooh game from Rockstar.
In the death scenes you see little to no blood, I can understand a little and still trying to stay on JP's potenial, thrilling scenes with little gore and awe moments of the dinosaurs. But stray away from it and it feels like something different. JPOG and other JP games had blood and violence, and still felt like a JP game(and I was not allowed to play JPOG around my cousins under 11 for some reason because of the violence). Just some more blood and violence, but enough of my opinions/doubts what are yours?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    You're absolutely right! I also want more blood and guts for this game, for any game actually! I want to see dinosaurs bite off limbs, I want them to play with their victims before they eat him, like first bite off his arm, then the human tries to run away with his injuries, bleeding around, just to see how the dinosaur bite off his head in the end! It would be also realistic cause most predators play with their prey!
  • edited July 2011
    The character's death with the Dilophosaurus was good but also bitter in this regard so I think you should see more blood and strong scenes in this sense

PLEASE
    firmajpgame.png
  • edited July 2011
    I think we're focusing too much on the blood and gore factor. When in any JP movie did you violence and gore that was intense? Besides, this isn't the Syfy channel version where every organ falls out in a bloody splatter when somebody gets cut. (LOL I hate Syfy movies) ANYWAY let's focus on story elements and how it ties in with the movie, in this sense I have no doubts for this game. I expect the very best of results.
  • edited July 2011
    Purchase a copy of Mortal Kombat 2011...there should be enough blood and gore to satisfy your desire there...
  • edited July 2011
    Yeaaaah.... I think you kids need to re-watch the movies... They're not heavy on gore... In fact this game so far looks more true to source than any JP game before... Some of those games tried to retell the movies stories too.
  • edited July 2011
    Not only the lack of violence is upsetting, but the gameplay doesnt look to great either
  • edited July 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Yeaaaah.... I think you kids need to re-watch the movies... They're not heavy on gore... In fact this game so far looks more true to source than any JP game before... Some of those games tried to retell the movies stories too.

Exactly.
  • edited July 2011
    If this game does not show a bleeding torso without limbs at least twice, I wont purchase it !!!
  • edited July 2011
    Addicted to CoD much
  • edited July 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    If this game does not show a bleeding torso without limbs at least twice, I wont purchase it !!!

Funny joke! :D
  • edited July 2011
    I can understand if you put a lot of gore in the game it won't feel like a JP game, I saw a death scene in one of the videos of the game. Which a Dilophosaurus tears Nima's throat out, and you don't see a single blood splatter, thats what really grinded my gears is that they didn't even show one blood splatter.
  • edited July 2011
    You see... I do not need to see it... they should take the Spielberg approach and imply gorey brutality without showing us too much we can fill in the blanks with our imagination. Besides I have a feeling the game will have more brutal deaths than the movies put together...

But you guys are hung up on blood... Here you go this should pacify some
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlAmXGIbo84
  • edited July 2011
    With the exception of a few cuts and bruises and one severed arm and hand.... there really wasn't any blood and gore. Zero gore actually.

Zero gore, little blood.

But if we're talking novels.....
  • edited July 2011
    The gore would just be un neccesary anyway. They're sticking true to the movies and I haven't seen anything horrendous in them so....yeah. :D As for the novels....they weren't written by Spielberg. They had some pretty brutal deaths BUT Telltale, Once again, only has the rights to the movies. And why would a lack of gore make you DOUBT the game anyway?
  • edited July 2011
    One blood splatter is all I need in a death scene, not kidneys and lungs being ripped from the body.Not like some cheap B-movie like Sharktopus, terrible movie don't even think about watching it -Infinity/10
  • edited July 2011
    You know...for the first time ever a Jurassic Park Game is being made that's true to the movie and story from the films.

Graphics do not make a game hell I could play a game from 20 years ago and enjoy it more than call of duty or halo.

Games need to be fun, not pretty.

Sure I have my doubts about the game but non of them have to do with Graphics or Gameplay. They have to do with little things and seeing if the writers paid attention to some of the things in the movie.
  • edited July 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    You know...for the first time ever a Jurassic Park Game is being made that's true to the movie and story from the films.

Graphics do not make a game hell I could play a game from 20 years ago and enjoy it more than call of duty or halo.

Games need to be fun, not pretty.

Sure I have my doubts about the game but non of them have to do with Graphics or Gameplay. They have to do with little things and seeing if the writers paid attention to some of the things in the movie.

Here Here!
  • edited July 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Games need to be fun, not pretty[...]Sure I have my doubts about the game but non of them have to do with[...]Gameplay. They have to do with little things and seeing if the writers paid attention to some of the things in the movie.
    ...Gameplay is the only thing that MAKES a game fun.
  • edited July 2011
    Most Sonic Fanboys don't agree with that, they don't buy a new sonic game because of the graphics or Sonic's eyes are blue and not black, stupid stuff like that.
  • edited July 2011
    ...Gameplay is the only thing that MAKES a game fun.

+1

It seems Telltale are on a roll with removing gameplay elements from their games. You can't even walk around in JP. I don't care how good or bad the story, graphics, or voice acting is. I'm not playing a game I can't even walk around in. I won't be touching JP unless this is fixed. Yes fixed, because it's broken.
  • edited July 2011
    +1
    You can't even walk around in JP.

Not walking is actually one thing I appreciate.
    Walking around is pretty much a useless thing.
    See Puzzle Agent. Or Gabriel Knight 2 if you are old school. Walking around doesn't add anything to the exploration, pace, and immersion of the game. It's just an add-on for most adventure games.

And if you think about invisible walls in BTTF game, well, JP is MUCH better. If I could choose I'd use this system for all games. Why should I walk with my joypad? Is it necessary? Exploration is not walking. And, after all, you can have better control of camera without that useless walking time-waste, a more cinematic game, and less suspension of disbelief breaking when running towards an invisible wall.

BTW the puzzle parts on JP is what I'm looking forward to. I think this is still an adventure after all. Think about it: in quiet parts buttons are replacing hotspots, but the core remains a standard Telltale game.

I think it could be a good game.
  • edited July 2011
    Are you kidding? Walking around is everything as far as exploration is concerned. There's no exploration when you're stuck in one spot forced to look at only the things you're allowed to look at. Especially for a 3D gaming world. Manual exploration is a staple adventure gameplay mechanic. So screw that. I prefer not being tied to an invisible chair and being forced to look straight at the objects I'm supposed to interact without having to search for them. Especially not in a 3D adventure game. Even Myst allowed you to roam freely once it turned 3D. It's just unfair to not be able to explore for yourself. All these ingredients sounds like a recipe for a easy-fest disaster worse than BTTF.

Also, Puzzle Agent isn't an adventure game. It's a puzzle game. And I never liked Gabriel Knight 2 or Phantasmagoria.
  • edited July 2011
    Meh, walking is overrated.
  • edited July 2011
    I have a wait&see approach. If it sucks, it sucks, not the end of the world... I'm hopeful though, and I'm ready to see some dinosaurs again.:) I don't really care about graphics, my computer would not be sufficient for a very powerful graphics engine anyway.:P Story, voice acting and decent controls are the key for me.

As for the gore, I don't need it. As James Cameron put it, gore creates disgust, not suspense.
  • edited July 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    I have a wait&see approach. If it sucks, it sucks, not the end of the world... I'm hopeful though, and I'm ready to see some dinosaurs again.:) I don't really care about graphics, my computer would not be sufficient for a very powerful graphics engine anyway.:P Story, voice acting and decent controls are the key for me.

As for the gore, I don't need it. As James Cameron put it, gore creates disgust, not suspense.[/QUOT

i have to agree,
  • edited July 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    As for the gore, I don't need it. As James Cameron put it, gore creates disgust, not suspense.
    First of all, I'd like to know what the hell your source is for that, considering any search for this leads me to:

1. This post, it's literally the first Google result for anything regarding James Cameron, gore, and disgust, while the rest are comparing him to Al Gore.

2. I'm sorry, but gore effects in film are an art form unto themselves, and frankly dismissing the value of solid gore effects is childish. Yes, there is something to be said about gore demands to make something "mature" being immature in its own way, but there has to be something said about the reverse, where a complete aversion to gore even where it makes sense and would have actual weight and value is a sign of regression and repression to an age even younger than that of the child that wants all too desperately to "be grown up".
  • edited July 2011
    First of all, I'd like to know what the hell your source is for that, considering any search for this leads me to:

2. I'm sorry, but gore effects in film are an art form unto themselves, and frankly dismissing the value of solid gore effects is childish. Yes, there is something to be said about gore demands to make something "mature" being immature in its own way, but there has to be something said about the reverse, where a complete aversion to gore even where it makes sense and would have actual weight and value is a sign of regression and repression to an age even younger than that of the child that wants all too desperately to "be grown up".

.......What?
  • edited July 2011

1. This post, it's literally the first Google result for anything regarding James Cameron, gore, and disgust, while the rest are comparing him to Al Gore.
    Aliens Special Edition DVD, Bonus Disc.

I can search for the exact place and time on the Disc if you'd like, but I'm not in the mood to watch documentaries right now.:)
    I think I get what you mean and while I respect your opinion, I don't agree. Yes, there are films where gore can be used as 'art form' and the obvious example is Kill Bill (where the bloodbath is almost absurd) or basically any other Tarantino or Rodrígez film.

However, in my opinion this depends on the film itself and what the filmmakers want to achieve. I think in a Jurassic Park story, what we need is suspense; and blood creates revulsion (see Starship Troopers which is one of my fav movies, but it is most certainly not suspenseful). Blood can be used as one of the natural consequences when you get attacked by a dinosaur, but "solid gore effects" are unnecessary for me to enjoy a suspenseful or even a horror story or movie or game etc.
  • edited August 2011
    However right or wrong either of you are, I agree that gore has no place in Jurassic Park. Anymore than what was in the movies, anyway (ie- bodies being ripped in half from afar without blood, etc).
  • edited August 2011
    Are you kidding? Walking around is everything as far as exploration is concerned. There's no exploration when you're stuck in one spot forced to look at only the things you're allowed to look at. Especially for a 3D gaming world. Manual exploration is a staple adventure gameplay mechanic. So screw that. I prefer not being tied to an invisible chair and being forced to look straight at the objects I'm supposed to interact without having to search for them. Especially not in a 3D adventure game. Even Myst allowed you to roam freely once it turned 3D. It's just unfair to not be able to explore for yourself. All these ingredients sounds like a recipe for a easy-fest disaster worse than BTTF.

Also, Puzzle Agent isn't an adventure game. It's a puzzle game. And I never liked Gabriel Knight 2 or Phantasmagoria.

Totally agree, except that I regard the original Myst as having "walking around" and free exploration every bit as much as third-person games do. Same with FMV games like GK2. Just like Sierra- and Lucasarts-style 2D games and more recent 3D adventure games like Telltale's Sam & Max, they all feature gameplay based in a gameworld, a graphical representation of a physical space through which the player moves and explores the various ways they can interact with the world. It's not the "walking around", literally, that matters; it's the concept of movement through a gameworld, regardless of how it's represented graphically, that is as essential to adventure games as it is to platformers and shooters.

It is unfortunate that because adventure games have historically used a variety of graphics formats to represent their gameworlds and control schemes to move through them, we over-emphasize their differences (as many players have personal preferences for particular formats) and lose sight of the fact that these games are united in being adventure games, because stories and puzzles are not merely presented but emerge from the exploration of a gameworld.

On the other hand, it appears the concept of gameworld exploration is entirely absent from JP. Rather, through a small number of possible interactions in a single location, what players will be "exploring" is a set of predetermined non- or trivially interactive videos representing the outcome of their choices, until they hit upon the one that triggers progress. This might very well be a new type of casual story-and-puzzle game; it might even be entertaining if approached as a content-delivery system rather than a game. But it is fundamentally NOT an adventure game and it is utterly unappealing to me as a gamer.

JP and Telltale fans who are primarily interested in stories and care little about gameplay need to take note of the reasoning described above and stop fooling themselves that all of JP:TG's detractors are shooter fans who just want to run around and kill dinosaurs with BFGs.
  • edited August 2011
    Not only the lack of violence is upsetting, but the gameplay doesnt look to great either

If you want gore there are other games to get. Mortal Kombat is indeed the game to play as has been said if that's what you're looking for. As has also been said, the movies weren't heavy on gore but I agree to an extent it shouln't feel like an Iggle Piggle game either.

As for the gameplay, it's supposed to be a graphic adventure like Monkey Island/Back To The Future isn't it?
  • edited August 2011
    No, from the looks of things it's a glorified DVD game. You know, those mini-games on Disney DVDs that are simply a series of DVD menus with buttons that trigger different video files. Except it has realtime 3D graphics.
  • edited August 2011
    No, from the looks of things it's a glorified DVD game. You know, those mini-games on Disney DVDs that are simply a series of DVD menus with buttons that trigger different video files. Except it has realtime 3D graphics

Gosh, that's just harsh.
  • edited August 2011
    No, from the looks of things it's a glorified DVD game. You know, those mini-games on Disney DVDs that are simply a series of DVD menus with buttons that trigger different video files. Except it has realtime 3D graphics.

Thank the lord your user name isnt Jurassic Park Inspired because if it was, one u wouldnt even deserve it, and two u r just completely doubting telltales ability to make this game not just u in general but some others out there who have been bad talking it since the trailer was shown. Shame on you:mad::mad:
  • edited August 2011
    I have NO doubts that I will enjoy the game... I do have SOME doubts I will love every little thing about it.
  • edited August 2011
    I have NO doubts that I will enjoy the game... I do have SOME doubts I will love every little thing about it.

i agree
  • edited August 2011

I just want more press and greater publicity from Telltale, because even I feel left out.
  • edited August 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    Thank the lord your user name isnt Jurassic Park Inspired because if it was, one u wouldnt even deserve it,

Great, because I don't particularly want it....:confused:
    ...and two u r just completely doubting telltales ability to make this game not just u in general but some others out there who have been bad talking it since the trailer was shown. Shame on you:mad::mad:

Yes, I doubt Telltale's ability. Why am I so horrible for speaking my mind and opinion? Why is that so wrong? I could turn that around on you. Why do you consider it better to blindly accept everything they're doing? To be fair, I'm sure the story and the graphics will be great. I have great faith in that aspect of Telltale games and am pleasantly surprised with the results we've been getting in that area as time goes on. But their games are just consistently getting less fun to play because they're losing interactivity and challenge. That's not the same company that started out. Telltale has changed for the worse and I don't like what they're doing anymore. I'm only sticking around to see how Walking Dead and King's Quest turns out. And also the few people left that I'm still friends with here.
  • edited August 2011
    my question is will u even buy the game ? because at this moment it seems u wont. just be lucky there is a jp game coming out!!
  • edited August 2011
    The game will rock. There is no doubt. I mean it´s JURASSIC PARK. I believe in you Telltale
Sign in to comment in this discussion.