Any doubts for the new game?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    my question is will u even buy the game ? because at this moment it seems u wont. just be lucky there is a jp game coming out!!

No, I won't buy it. I've already said that. And I'm not particularly excited about a new Jurassic Park game coming out. Especially from what I'm learning about it. I made that mistake with BTTF and now I've lost that money. Money I would have not spent if I'd have known what I was going to get in the end.
  • edited August 2011
    I made that mistake with BTTF and now I've lost that money.

"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way." - Al Franken

I suppose your life lesson here is "Don't trust Telltale with Back to the Future games."
  • edited August 2011
    So far my main doubt having watched the gamespot demo is that Gerry Harding's daughter is Sarah Harding, as in Julianne Moore's character from The Lost World... Which suggests to me that the research might be lacking somewhat....
  • edited August 2011
    So far my main doubt having watched the gamespot demo is that Gerry Harding's daughter is Sarah Harding, as in Julianne Moore's character from The Lost World... Which suggests to me that the research might be lacking somewhat....
    "No. There is another."

Gerry Harding now has two daughters Sarah and Jess, at least according to this game.

Jess was a new character created for the game, not a casual mistake of mistaken identity.
  • edited August 2011
    I have doubts about the game's suspense. If you can redo each little bit of the game when it goes wrong, how tense can you possibly feel?

After Back to the Future, I'm definitely waiting for reviews to come through before purchasing.
  • edited August 2011
    "No. There is another."

Gerry Harding now has two daughters Sarah and Jess, at least according to this game.

Jess was a new character created for the game, not a casual mistake of mistaken identity.

I feel that goes counter to the second film...

Either way he must have had them 15-20 years apart... he's a stud at least...
  • edited August 2011
    Gooooiiinng to point this out it never stated in TLW they were related.
  • edited August 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Gooooiiinng to point this out it never stated in TLW they were related.

It was hinted at and many places say it's been confirmed by Crichton can't find a source though....
  • edited August 2011
    It was hinted at and many places say it's been confirmed by Crichton can't find a source though....

It was hinted at in the Novel. When Ian and Sarah are alone in the trailer with the baby.

But in the Movie it's never stated or hinted at.
  • edited August 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    It was hinted at in the Novel. When Ian and Sarah are alone in the trailer with the baby.

But in the Movie it's never stated or hinted at.

cliche_technically_correct.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    "Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way." - Al Franken

I suppose your life lesson here is "Don't trust Telltale with Back to the Future games."

Not just BTTF. Anything from this point on is going to be met with cynicism from me until proven otherwise.
  • edited August 2011
    Not just BTTF. Anything from this point on is going to be met with cynicism from me until proven otherwise.

The way I see it is that there is a lot of things that encourages cynicism about Telltale. They have really strong points but I personally feel left out in more than one aspect. There is this huge list of games I bough so far and I don't feel like replaying any of them.

Don't ask to explain myself, it's just something slowly growing in my guts. I think I begin to be fed up of rushed Telltale Engine-powered experiences.

I don't have doubts about any of the creative, talented minds behind Telltale and there stories, great voice acting and inspired concepts, but... I feel like the final results, invariably the same kind of main menu with some uninspired gameplay plus that kind of indigestible feeling about those engine-powered scripted cutscenes...

I don't know, you totally have the right to disagree, because I can only justify myself in terms of taste and guts.
  • edited August 2011
    philquiet wrote: »
    The way I see it is that there is a lot of things that encourages cynicism about Telltale. They have really strong points but I personally feel left out in more than one aspect. There is this huge list of games I bough so far and I don't feel like replaying any of them.

Don't ask to explain myself, it's just something slowly growing in my guts. I think I begin to be fed up of rushed Telltale Engine-powered experiences.

I don't have doubts about any of the creative, talented minds behind Telltale and there stories, great voice acting and inspired concepts, but... I feel like the final results, invariably the same kind of main menu with some uninspired gameplay plus that kind of indigestible feeling about those engine-powered scripted cutscenes...

I don't know, you totally have the right to disagree, because I can only justify myself in terms of taste and guts.

I agree, it just seems to be an assembly line of games being rushed through to meet a deadline.

The thing that bothers me is that there's no innovation with these games. It's like they come up with an idea they know will sell a few copies to the die-hards and that's that. There's no branching out, they're too safe within themselves and the 'tried and true' formula.

I too, wish i'd never bought BTTF. It's buggy, un-inspired, and about 10 years too late. Not to mention the animation and the other 3D elements which ive spoken out about many a time...

From what i've seen from Jurassic Park so far, they have failed to entice me.. nothing new in terms of modern gameplay, no hook and most of all no charm.
  • edited August 2011
    You're right. I think a lot of that stems from the fact that they started out mediocre to slightly above average and we all expected the experiences of their games would improve with each new title. This was only true for TMI and only because of the inventory combination feature. It never really took off beyond that, though. In fact, they keep dumbing them down.
  • edited August 2011
    No, I won't buy it. I've already said that. And I'm not particularly excited about a new Jurassic Park game coming out. Especially from what I'm learning about it. I made that mistake with BTTF and now I've lost that money. Money I would have not spent if I'd have known what I was going to get in the end.
    If you're not going to play it then why are you even here?
  • edited August 2011
    If you're not going to play it then why are you even here?

...Because, he's presenting his opinion (respectfully from what I've seen). You may not agree with his opinion, but you should certainly show him the respect he deserves.
  • edited August 2011
    Any doubts??

Yeah, that Tell Tale has awful customer service unless you are a PC gamer (will no recieve game for free if preordered)/xbox 360 owner (will recieve FULL game and physical copy)

If you are not one of those then well you just suck monkey nuts. JP is going to suck for PS3 users. But thats cool. If they want to piss people off and drop sales that is their problem.:confused:

It's going to be funny when kids who do not have PSN accounts wanna play this game...oh wait. YOU CAN"T!:mad:

Good job Tell Tale. Give yourself a pat on the back, giver your mom a call. She'll be proud. :winslow:

firmajpgame.png
  • edited August 2011
    From Alan's interview for interview for NowGamer:

"You'll never see a person in the movie walking around and doing nothing. Design philsophy for this was control the scene. You're almost directing it as well as experiencing it. "

[...]

"It'd be easy to get the Jurassic Park license, slap logos all over the place and say 'yeah, that fits in the universe!' but we work so hard to make our products, our games feel like they've been created by the IP holders themselves"
  • edited August 2011
    The same page credited Jurassic Park: The Game as "the worst game of the show" at E3 2011, claiming "it's just one giant QTE".
    read here
  • edited August 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    The same page credited Jurassic Park: The Game as "the worst game of the show" at E3 2011, claiming "it's just one giant QTE".
    read here

But...isn't it just a giant QTE?

Not a criticism, I actually like most QTEs(except in Sonic games. QTEs run counter to what makes Sonic what it is), just saying that what I've seen thus far fits that description.
  • edited August 2011
    I am honestly not that impressed of what I have seen so far it seems weird somehow.

But I will give the game the benefit of the doubt, I really enjoyed bttf so I will be optimistic for now.
  • edited August 2011

I respect your opinion, but why do you expect Telltale to be perfect with each game they make, look at Pixar. They've made a handfull of amazing movies, but then Cars came out, did they fall to the ground? Nope, they made Up, Toy Story 3, and are working on Monsters Inc 2.

No one is gonna be successful all of the time, I believe Jurassic Park will be better then BTTF.
  • edited August 2011
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    I am honestly not that impressed of what I have seen so far it seems weird somehow.

But I will give the game the benefit of the doubt, I really enjoyed bttf so I will be optimistic for now.

Same here, maybe cause it's been delayed and they haven't shown us what they've been doing.

Come on Telltale! Give us some juice :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2011
    I have to give them credit for them makin it this far. But i mean the dinosaurs and all look good, but the characters need more detail and they need to take the tapping controls out and put 3rd person view in and maybe a free roam and multiplayer. Does anyone agree with me?
  • edited August 2011
    No, they don't make games like that (third person exploration/multiplayer) and they are so far along in the dev process those things will never happen.

This is not that game.

At this point they are working out the bugs and fine tuning the animations, but any additional "character detail" is probably out of the question as well.
  • edited August 2011
    That might be a big hit if somebody could pull that off with a 3rd person/free roam game that has dinosaurs and all that. But I'm hoping to be a game designer.
  • edited August 2011
    Maybe that sort of game could do well Rynox but Telltale's not that sort of company.
  • edited August 2011
    The thing that bugs me about the game is that if I understand right, you don't even really walk. In games like Heavy Rain, at least you got that. I really like Heavy Rain and it's tons of QTE. But you get to walk too.
  • edited August 2011
    My opinion on that fact still remains the same. Walking isn't necessary for this type of gameplay. And I'm sure once everyone plays it they will feel the same way.

For me, I don't have any doubts about this game. I'm sure that I'm going to love it and after seeing all the screens and videos (like the action montage) of the games and how it looks and plays now I just can't wait to play it. I'm mostly looking forward to just the story itself.
  • edited August 2011
    Yep, I can't wait to try it out. But I wonder if Rockstar would do something like that? They do free roam games. I want to know how I can send that company a suggestion for a game or something they should make. Any suggestions on how I can do that?
  • edited August 2011
    Rynoxdog wrote: »
    Yep, I can't wait to try it out. But I wonder if Rockstar would do something like that? They do free roam games. I want to know how I can send that company a suggestion for a game or something they should make. Any suggestions on how I can do that?

Pray a lot? Generally speaking, movie studios such as Universal only sell the rights to make video games based on movies to one game company at a time. Currently, TellTale has those rights to Jurassic Park. Once their contract with Universal is up, then maybe RockStar could do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • edited August 2011
    Game companies don't produce games based on sent in ideas.
  • edited August 2011
    Pray a lot? Generally speaking, movie studios such as Universal only sell the rights to make video games based on movies to one game company at a time. Currently, TellTale has those rights to Jurassic Park. Once their contract with Universal is up, then maybe RockStar could do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

But how long does the contract last up to? Is it by years or so? But I am hoping that telltale games will produce a good future Jurassic Park games. I hope they do "The Lost World"
  • edited August 2011
    Jurassic Park series is kinda like family movie. Imagine ignorant parents who buys their kids Jurassic Park - The Game and would see blood and limbs flying (which has happened in Jurassic Park but somewhat for comedic value).
  • edited August 2011
    It's up to the parents. But there has to be blood or it wouldn't be realistic.
  • edited August 2011
    Jurassic Park (the movie) did not have sprays of blood or the like. There is blood in the Nedry scene in the game, so rest assured it will have the appropriate level of "gore" to that of the movies, not excessive, used when absolutely necessary.

Also, people including myself at some point call out things in the game not being realistic when in fact many things that happen in the movies are VERY unrealistic. Telltale is giving us a game in the true spirit of JP, so yeah, some things may seem a little realistic and that is only right.
  • edited September 2011
    So basically they are trying to keep the game fair?
  • edited September 2011
    So you cannot walk at all ?? Bummer....I thought you explored in 3d and qte were used for the action parts of the game....Not all the game...Well the game look very behind the times....And now this..Walking is important...Hell even if jumping is missing you will notice it not...not walking completely...

Saying walking is overrated is like saying solving puzzle is sooooo yesterday's...I just want to experience the story without interruptions-automatic puzzle solving anyone ?
  • edited September 2011
    I think that in this kind of games walking is pretty much useless and boring.
    This debate is too "why can't I move with the stick?" instead of "Why should I move the stick?".
    I always double click on exits on every graphic adventures. Steering character in an adventure is such a waste of time.
    IMHO.
  • edited September 2011
    nicolascy wrote: »
    I just want to experience the story...

For that you surely don't need to walk. 99,9% of all video-games only have story in cut-scenes, the rest you just walk around beating, shooting and doing stuff that barely influence anything to the story.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.