Comments

• edited September 2011
    Oooh, nice find. I downloaded the video and looked at the troodon scene frame by frame. It's a lot clearer than what we have seen before. I'll try to post some screencaps, but it looks like the Troodon may have some feathers. Also, it appears that the eye itself glows, but also has a red retractable eye cover.

EDIT:
    screenshot20110917at609.png
    screenshot20110917at608.png
  • edited September 2011
    FINALLY! Something new! Well, not ALL new, but enough to satisfy the nerves for another week or two.

Now that I think about it, there really isn't much to make comment for considering that everything is already known.

DARN YOU TELLTALE FOR (logically) KEEPING MOST OF YOUR GAME A SECRET. WILL YOUR SICKENING DESIRE TO TEASE US WITH MERE MORSELS (as any advertisement campaign should) END?!

Anyway, I guest I'll give my useless two cents:

1.) Herrerasaurus: Glad to see that the Herrera's have unique calls, I was worried Telltale may have "borrowed" some calls from previously known species.

2.) Anyone else getting Turok-ish vibes from Mercenary Man? I wonder if the sequence ends with Ms. Raptor getting a knife rammed down her skull. Hehe.

3.) Troodon: Nothing new, regarding design, but the clearer image is quite nice.

I think the design fits: its out-of-place and nightmarish design really coincides with its role in the game as the out-of-place and nightmarish creature.

The bioluminescence is a very interesting and unique concept, and the eye cover is a clever little "evolutionary adaptation" considering it's nocturnal lifestyle.

Obviously Telltale put an extra amount of love into this beastie than the others.

Can't wait to see what they have in store regarding the Troodon and all the other dinosaurs they are hording to themselves.
  • edited September 2011
    We still have to consider that this is how it looks through hallucinations.
  • edited September 2011
    It looks like Yoder no longer has a knife when talkin to Sorkin, wtf thats rediculous that he cant even hold a knife anymore?!?!?!?!
  • edited September 2011
    Wow, this dino really looks like shit. Aren't there enough awesome real dinosaurs that could have been implemented in the game instead of that... thing ?
  • edited September 2011
    anthoto1 wrote: »
    Wow, this dino really looks like shit. Aren't there enough awesome real dinosaurs that could have been implemented in the game instead of that... thing ?

Yeah, wait - let’s import some dinosaurs from South America…OH I forgot, dinosaurs are extincted . . .
  • edited September 2011
    Anyone know why it's going to be 4 episodes instead of the 5 that Telltale announced first?.
  • edited September 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    Yeah, wait - let’s import some dinosaurs from South America…OH I forgot, dinosaurs are extincted . . .

Funny ! Or not.
  • edited September 2011
    anthoto1 nobody knows the real appearance of a Troodon after it became extinct in the Cretaceous.
    then the Troodon dinosaur right now is one of the best made, then that's an image below hallucinations, then it is the only dinosaur with feathers.
    if you made ​​very realistic looking dinosaurs in Jurassic Park you will not find many if you complain of Troodon then what will you say when you see the mosasaurs with radar?
    about the mosasaurs why you do not see in the trailers? you see the herrerasauri that are newer and mosasaurs not?
  • edited September 2011
    crochunter wrote: »
    anthoto1 nobody knows the real appearance of a Troodon after it became extinct in the Cretaceous.
    then the Troodon dinosaur right now is one of the best made, then that's an image below hallucinations, then it is the only dinosaur with feathers.
    if you made ​​very realistic looking dinosaurs in Jurassic Park you will not find many if you complain of Troodon then what will you say when you see the mosasaurs with radar?
    about the mosasaurs why you do not see in the trailers? you see the herrerasauri that are newer and mosasaurs not?

What the hell with the jaw :eek: ?

For the record, this is what an actual trodon actually looked like :

Trodon.gif
  • edited September 2011
    does Nima relay die!!!!????
  • edited September 2011
    anthoto1 wrote: »
    What the hell with the jaw :eek: ?

For the record, this is what an actual trodon actually looked like :

Trodon.gif

For the record, this is an ARTIST RENDITION of what he thinks Troodon actually looked like.:)
  • edited September 2011
    We still have to consider that this is how it looks through hallucinations.

Drink many beers to find out.
  • edited September 2011
    does Nima relay die!!!!????

i think she does die or it could be a death if you didn't do something right.
  • edited September 2011
    For the record, this is an ARTIST RENDITION of what he thinks Troodon actually looked like.:)

Nice damage control.
  • edited September 2011
    Evolution of a species.
    parrotn.png
  • edited September 2011
    Wheres the video gone? Theyve replaced on the facebook page with the original montage?
  • edited September 2011
    Prolly cuz ppl are tryna complain bout the Troodon
  • edited September 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Evolution of a species.
    parrotn.png

You think we will have to melt one down?
  • edited September 2011
    I wonder why everyone is complaining about the Troodon. I am just happy somebody decided to make a Jurassic Park game
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    I wonder why everyone is complaining about the Troodon. I am just happy somebody decided to make a Jurassic Park game

agree
  • edited September 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    agree

fans are never happy. I must admit it looks a bit weird, I don't suppose telltale could show us a render of what it looks like in daylight?:confused:

I can see some oddities, it does look slightly caricaturish, giving it a classic 'telltale' appearance compared to the rest of the dinosaurs (more 'cutesy' than the others), and I can't see any textures or patterning to its skin, wondering if it looks like if you saw one in the light? Just so we know telltale just skipped giving it a colour and just decided "night time creature, paint it black"

Apart from curiosity I'm fine with the design. :)

PS: What you see when you start to hallucinate: IT.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1278004715588
  • edited September 2011

Why ? Because it looks ugly.
  • edited September 2011
    Why does every dinosaur have to look appealing? They got all the other dinosaurs spot on from the film so now that they have their own original dinosaur added in I'm glad they gave it a more unique look. And let's face it, there are some animals in real life that are down right ugly so it only make sense that there would be ugly dinosaurs too. The Troodon in the game actually kind of looks like a dodo bird. lol Which wasn't that appealing of a bird either.

By making the Troodon look ugly it gives it a bit of an edge. It's the outsider. The weird and strange "other" creature that's out to get you and it ain't normal. lol
  • edited September 2011
    Why does every dinosaur have to look appealing? They got all the other dinosaurs spot on from the film so now that they have their own original dinosaur added in I'm glad they gave it a more unique look. And let's face it, there are some animals in real life that are down right ugly so it only make sense that there would be ugly dinosaurs too. The Troodon in the game actually kind of looks like a dodo bird. lol Which wasn't that appealing of a bird either.

By making the Troodon look ugly it gives it a bit of an edge. It's the outsider. The weird and strange "other" creature that's out to get you and it ain't normal. lol
    Yeah, like a Hyena! That's a good way to view Troodon as the outsider of the park.
  • edited September 2011
    By making the Troodon look ugly it gives it a bit of an edge.

I'm sorry but it doesn't look like a dinosaur. I may be too demanding because I know one pr two things about dinosaurs but this design looks awful to me.
  • edited September 2011
    It's a bizarre design indeed. But I think in the end it'll benefit from it.
  • edited September 2011
    Looks like it was taken down.
  • edited September 2011
    A reason why Troodon looks so ugly might be because it appears in night scenes. These scenes are dark and the Troodon can be only viewed in a few seconds, so there is no chance (in the game) to watch Troodon by detail.

It also might be, that TTG has created two models of Troodon. One ugly (or rather) horrifying model for dark scenes and one more appealing for day scenes. This is a trick in computer games often used.

This dinosaur wasn’t chosen to watch it eating grass, but for having a creepy dinosaur that can come from anywhere. It is not supposed to pause the video, because it is a game.
  • edited September 2011
    I agree with Piccobello, the Troodon must be the embodiment of the shadows of each park, then he uses a poison that will create hallucinations (like batman scarecrow), I do not think that if you see hallucinations pink unicorns or something joyful.
  • edited September 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Looks like it was taken down.

what was taken down?
  • edited September 2011
    the video was taken down on facebook, and on youtube
  • edited September 2011
    That's interesting. I think it's the first time TellTale has taken something down from YouTube...
  • edited September 2011
    yeah, i had one on youtube but got the order from telltale to delete it because it was some sort of leaked footage.
    it wasn't meant to get published because the scenes obviously had been overhauled.
  • edited September 2011
    IMHO:
    The trailer seems "old", it seems to me that lacks effects like Motion Blur and Ambient Occulsion. And it shows "too much" about the story (i.e.: "you knew??" and showing who knew).
    I think the trailer was prepared for the April release. In agoust they prepared the second one and showed it at PAX.

That's why they choosed to delete the trailer.
  • edited September 2011
    Can someone get me a new link?

Thanks
  • edited September 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    Can someone get me a new link?

Thanks

Probably not as the video was taken down by Telltale games.
  • edited September 2011
    This stuff is locked up tight, every link in here is busted or locked down...
  • edited September 2011
    I don't see why. I didn't see anything else in the trailer that we didn't already know. Just seemed like an extend trailer, nothing more.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.