Telltale Games employees found feeding perfect 10 reviews to Metacritic

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

"NO!' says the man on Metacritic, 'It belongs to the trolls.'
    'NO!' says the man in the Gamespot, 'It belongs to paid schills.'
    'NO!' says the man on IGN, 'It belongs to the noobs.'

-andrew ryan, from 'bioshock'

:D funny and true.
    Also, the bitterness is super strong in some people here. :D

metacritic user reviews truly matter. Just look at MW 3, all the low user review definitely put a huge dent in their sales :rolleyes:
  • edited November 2011
    AndrewF wrote: »
    If you don't like the game and you've gained over 500+ posts with whining and crying, then CONGRATULATIONS. You have no life. ;)

I'd say roughly 2500-3000 of my posts consist of me gushing about various Telltale games, and defending them. Look at my join date, my hatred of Telltale only began with Back to the Future.
  • edited November 2011
    I wasn't naming anyone in particular. I found someone who has posted various insults towards TellTale with over 350+.

If only I could remember their name...
  • edited November 2011
    Free speech guys, free speech. The Telltale employees are entitled to write whatever they want on the internet and they have a right to talk about their own game. If they give JP a perfect 10, then I'm sure it's legitimate and they can surely justify such a score.
  • edited November 2011
    Again, guys... debate and discussion are welcome and encouraged, but no personal attacks. Thank you.
  • edited November 2011
    is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

"no!' says the man on metacritic, 'it belongs to the trolls.'
    'no!' says the man in the gamespot, 'it belongs to paid schills.'
    'no!' says the man on ign, 'it belongs to the noobs.'

-andrew ryan, from 'bioshock'

Lol! :D
  • edited November 2011
    WHO GIVES FIVE FUCKS ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY?

Dear God, is this really what we've degenerated into? Absolutely shocking.
    I loved everything about the game, characters, story, and plot. What if Sam and Max WAS an interactive movie? If you think JP was "bad". Then you might aswell leave, Telltale is going to this direction.

If they are I am definitely leaving. This isn't what I registered my account for. I will never support a GAME with horrible GAMEPLAY. It was ridiculous when MGS4 had that 45 minutes worth of cutscene and it's just as ridiculous now. These are not movies. If they want to make movies they should make movies. With actors. And cameras.

When it's a game I expect there to be satisfying GAMEplay.
  • edited November 2011
    TellTale did not create Jurassic Park: The Game to make users leave, or piss off people, but it seems that's what it has turned into.

Why can't people just enjoy the game? I'm playing this game for a 3rd time.

I guess I'm the only one who likes the gameplay too... Meh, oh well.
  • edited November 2011
    There is no game to enjoy! You could get the exact same amount of "fun" if it was pure video in DVD format. Seriously. The control schemes are just not sophisticated enough to be any fun or challenging.

I couldn't care less about how well the story or characters were written or presented if the gameplay isn't up to par. I mean that. I am an adventure gamer. Story is important to me, but not that much. We are dealing with games here and games require much more for me personally than what Jurassic Park or Back To The Future has given me.

Praying King's Quest won't suffer the same fate...
  • edited November 2011
    When it's a game I expect there to be satisfying GAMEplay.

I for one was satisfied. And with a good story I'm very pleased with the whole package.
  • edited November 2011
    I for one was satisfied. And with a good story I'm very pleased with the whole package.

^^ Thank you!

I enjoyed the GAMEplay (See what I did there?)

Why do so many people just come here to argue saying 'yoo dewd fix teh jeep. Deeewd yuhr game needs 2 be better, k?'

Just enjoy the game!
  • edited November 2011
    Then you have much lower standards than I. I don't enjoy this game because I don't deem it good enough for my attention. I'm allowed to hate it and I do. And being a fan of Telltale (somewhat) I'm allowed to say why. You're allowed to love it, that's fine. But saying that the gameplay means nothing is completely ludicrious.

And I said nothing about the freaking jeep. Don't paint me or generalize me as a moron. Listen to what we're saying. We hate it for a reason. It's not a stupid reason either anymore than you're reasons for loving it are stupid (if shocking).
  • edited November 2011
    I never said you did.

Many people did though.

Well, I can't argue with you there, for I have my opinions as well.

Still, you shouldn't 'express' your opinions on the games forum though.
  • edited November 2011

Last I checked, the forum is for discussing the game. Which includes stating why you did or did not like the game. The developers actually read these forums and listen to criticism (at least, I hope they still do). Where the hell do you think is a good place to express criticism?

Again, I haven't played this game and don't really have much interest in it from what I've seen. Still, to suggest that this forum exists just so people can praise Telltale is ridiculous.
  • edited November 2011
    Fine, maybe I should rephrase that. People here and saying whether they like it or not. All they're doing is 'Lemme come to this forum to make fun of their game, then leave again'.

Some stuff I do agree with, but with the amount of ridiculous accusations being spread with the jeep, the 10 star ratings, the way people join this forum just to make one post saying 'Game sucks. Bye'.

That's what I mean.
  • edited November 2011
    Fine, maybe I should rephrase that. People here and saying whether they like it or not. All they're doing is 'Lemme come to this forum to make fun of their game, then leave again'.

Some stuff I do agree with, but with the amount of ridiculous accusations being spread with the jeep, the 10 star ratings, the way people join this forum just to make one post saying 'Game sucks. Bye'.

That's what I mean.

I agree that people showing up just to bash Telltale is in bad taste, especially if it's about the Jeep/fake reviews (which, while both bad moves on Telltale's part, are irrelevant to the game's quality). But don't assume that just because a lot of people are hating the game without a reason doesn't mean everyone who hates the game is like that.

Look at some of the complainers' join dates. Me, Shodan, MusicallyInspired, Rather Dashing (where is he, by the way? With how he freaked out about BttF you think he'd be having a field day now)...we've been fans of Telltale long before they went semi-mainstream. (Admittedly, my join date's relatively recent, but I'd been playing their games before I joined.) We're familiar with how Telltale used to be, and we're able to notice that they've changed, and not for the better. If you check out Sam and Max/TOMI/SBCG4AP and compare them with BttF and Jurassic Park, you'll notice the former is clearly a different (and, if I may be so blunt, better) class of game than the latter.
  • edited November 2011
    I agree that people showing up just to bash Telltale is in bad taste, especially if it's about the Jeep/fake reviews (which, while both bad moves on Telltale's part, are irrelevant to the game's quality). But don't assume that just because a lot of people are hating the game without a reason doesn't mean everyone who hates the game is like that.

Couldn't have said it better myself. There's a difference between mindless bashing and honest criticism. To assume that they're the same is to give the former far too much credit and to completely miss the point of the latter.
  • edited November 2011
    Well I can understand that. What I was relating to is that about 2-3 days ago I saw a user who joined about November 14 and he had about 400 posts of just insults and complaints.

^^This is what I mean by coming here for no reason than just to make fun of a company.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Well I can understand that. What I was relating to is that about 2-3 days ago I saw a user who joined about November 14 and he had about 400 posts of just insults and complaints.

^^This is what I mean by coming here for no reason than just to make fun of a company.

Er.... would you mind giving me the name of that user? ;)

Every well-founded and non-aggressive opinion is welcome here as long as you abstain from insulting community members with differing opinions. If that means "hating" Jurassic Park the Game, it's sad, but absolutely permitted. TTG has to know about disappointed fans as well.
  • edited November 2011
    I would like to chime in here and say this thread has gone on for 5 pages and this is a topic that has had some passionate arguments on both sides.

You all have been discussing it in a respectful manner, as a mod I would like to thank you all for not forcing me to ask you to be civil.. I am really proud of our little online community here and I love being a part of it.

The main thing other mods and myself care about is that you do not attack each other on a personal level.
  • edited November 2011
    Er.... would you mind giving me the name of that user? ;)

Every well-founded and non-aggressive opinion is welcome here as long as you abstain from insulting community members with differing opinions. If that means "hating" Jurassic Park the Game, it's sad, but absolutely permitted. TTG has to know about disappointed fans as well.

I know. I rephrased it though, knowing what I said wasn't correct.

I honestly don't know why many people just have to be so rude though. (Again, not naming anyone in particular.) Sorry if I caused a commotion. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    ????? another day another incoming shitstorm here we go again :(
    http://www.gamespot.com/features/jurassic-park-user-reviews-abused-6346288/

Says Gamespot what is paid to give better scores for AAA titles. I would like news like this from a reliable source even though it seems to be true.
  • edited November 2011
    Clord wrote: »
    Says Gamespot what is paid to give better scores for AAA titles. I would like news like this from a reliable source even though it seems to be true.

Yep and gamespot by now has its entire staff replaced because of it, don´t think they will make that mistake again.
  • edited November 2011
    I would do the same if I worked on a game!
  • edited November 2011

Personally, I think it's equally ridiculous for someone brand new to join the forums and make posts that say nothing but "You're opinion's wrong, just enjoy the game! You hate Telltale!"
  • edited November 2011
    Personally, I think it's equally ridiculous for someone brand new to join the forums and make posts that say nothing but "You're opinion's wrong, just enjoy the game! You hate Telltale!"

I have nothing against your opinions.

I wasn't even directing most of my comments towards you.

I just think that people who only come to this site to make insults and then leave are just being ridiculous.

I didn't say that you were being ridiculous and only joins to make two comments that are insults.
    edited November 2011
    OK, all right, could we break it up at this point before I start dispensing mandatory hugs? Move along, there's nothing to see here... apart from the actual thread topic...
  • edited November 2011
    OK, all right, could we break it up at this point before I start dispensing mandatory hugs? Move along, there's nothing to see here... apart from the actual thread topic...

I'd like a hug! I haven't gotten a single hug since I started here!:mad:
    edited November 2011
    affection.gif
  • edited November 2011
    :guybrush:
  • edited November 2011
    Clord wrote: »

Gamespot just needs to get rid of everyone and start over fresh. When one of their reviewers doesn't even understand how to play their game and refuses to believe that he's doing it wrong and change his score, then something is wrong.
  • edited November 2011
    A hug?

A h-hug?

Okay. That is one of the Top 10 things I hate.

I'll stop.

Sorry for everything I did. v.v

.... God I hate hugs...

Well, I'd like to end thiss 'arguement' (If anyone would like to call it that) because I honestly don't like argueing. (Which seems weird because I always am) I didn't mean to involve any users. Only the ones who are here for 2 minutes going 'Troloz u all suck bai'.

... God I hate hugs...
  • edited November 2011
    come on guys I've never had problems with the game, i give it a 10/10 i don't know about you guys though, greedy bastards, mines been patched and everything, also the graphics are awesome!!!!! I've looked in the files and everything it says they're patched so i know, so just re-install it or something, give them a break they worked their asses off!
  • edited November 2011
    okay. I'm making my last post on the matter of this game regarding these 2 threads. I really do understand all 3 sides.. people who love it, people who are TTG fans and felt let down, and newcomers that don't get at all what this game and game style is about. Although I've pretty much spoken to the contrary, I was partially let down. It could have been so much better with traditional TTG patterns... but... BUT I am still glad the game exists as it is. I would rather have this than nothing.

Honestly, I would give a sequel a serious look and would most likely buy it. I didn't feel cheated as some older fans did, but I also loved the older games that they do and I can't disagree..for the most part, the points(by the TTG fans, not the outside fans who expected the ridiculous) made were quite valid. I just don't think the game(... interactive movie or whatever you want to call it) was a complete abomination that some people make it out to seem. Yes, Telltale could have made it better(in my opinion, from their past games), but I'm still glad this was made.

I really felt it was okay.... the reviews from both sides(10/10 and 0/10) were both ill-advised and immature respectively as well.
  • edited November 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    I really felt it was okay.... the reviews from both sides(10/10 and 0/10) were both ill-advised and immature respectively as well.

I think a 0/10 is an appropriate score for it, as a game. I'd give Lord of the Rings a 0/10 if I were reviewing it as a restaurant, too. It makes no sense to review something as though it is something that it completely is not.
  • edited November 2011
    I think a 0/10 is an appropriate score for it, as a game. I'd give Lord of the Rings a 0/10 if I were reviewing it as a restaurant, too. It makes no sense to review something as though it is something that it completely is not.
    Man, I asked Sauron for a refill of Pepsi like five times! And don't get me started on that Gandalf. Worst. Cook. Ever.

.....I- I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself.
  • edited November 2011

0/10!? Lord of the Rings would make a great restaurant! The ham is delicious!
  • edited November 2011

Alright, I'll reply to this one just because my original reply to your comments is why I felt like clearing my stance up. Your comments did include a minor exception for major JP fans and I, myself, am. So, yes, I liked it as an addition to the movie(I only really loved the first) and books. I will somewhat defend it's definition as a game. It's not a book, you do have to touch stuff so it isn't a movie, it isn't a log, it isn't a soda, it isn't a sleeping bag. I would classify it more as an experience or a journey...rather than an adventure or challenge. I cannot disagree that there was no challenge. Except for when I moved a car and stepped away and forgot about the 4 slots, which was my own problem and not the game's, there was very little thought process involved...especially for a release(happy now? I didn't say game) that obviously wasn't targeted for children(language and content).
  • edited November 2011
    how come an "interactive movie" doesnt count as a game, but guitar hero does and its just "interactive music"

Both require you to hit the right key at the right time to advance, screwing up can either be a minor hindrance or you outright fail.
  • edited November 2011
    how come an "interactive movie" doesnt count as a game, but guitar hero does and its just "interactive music"

Both require you to hit the right key at the right time to advance, screwing up can either be a minor hindrance or you outright fail.

I really don't consider Guitar Hero etc to be "games", either. More like rhythm exercises than games. They do at least require a modicum of skill, though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.