[WD] Changed choices.

edited June 2013 in Game Support
Hey TTG!!!
I started playing the Episode 2 today, and my choices were changed!!!!! Wath the Hell??? I saved Doug in the hand, but in the second episode Carley it's still alive!!! :mad:

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Did you make sure to start Episode 2 on the same save file that you had completed Episode 1 with Doug alive?
  • edited June 2012
    I've got the same problem except the other way around. Starting it off the only save file I have, but still it reverses the choice.
  • edited June 2012
    Steam just finished updating TWD and I eagerly got on to play. I'm not sure what to do though, I recently made a save where I SAVED CARLEY. When I booted this game up I clicked that save, scrolled over to episode 2 and hit play. Previously on told me Doug lived, and the guy said Doug was dreaming about pies in the first two minutes of the game. I saved Carley though and I'm concerned none of my choices were even moved over. I tested this on my save game file 1 and same thing happen. I even hit continue and went through all the end game conversations of episode 1. Nothing happen still.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Seems like a couple of people are having the same issue. I'm merging them all into one thread in the support forum.
  • edited June 2012
    Now I'm pissed!!! WTF is going on??? I'm replaying episode again, to see if that problem gets solved... Fuck that shit!!!
  • edited June 2012
    I highly suggest you don't do that :P. I'm just pretty disappointed by this D:.
  • edited June 2012
    I don't know if because of this, or if this will impact the game:
    But when I end episode 1, it still appear "Continue". If I click there, It will restart since the Motel part "Everithyng is going to be Okay". I tried to go untill the end of the credits, but the same shit happend!!!
  • edited June 2012
    I don't know if because of this, or if this will impact the game:
    But when I end episode 1, it still appear "Continue". If I click there, It will restart since the Motel part "Everithyng is going to be Okay". I tried to go untill the end of the credits, but the same shit happend!!!

Well then you found your problem...I have no clue how to fix that though.
  • edited June 2012
    Per the other people above, I started a game on the same file that I finished Episode 1 with. I chose to save Carley, but there's a conversation about "Doug" and naming off pies. I have the Steam version.
  • edited June 2012
    So I saved Carley in EP1 and Doug just keeps showing up in EP2 instead. Is anyone else having this problem?

I already tried going back in EP1 to save Carley but the same thing still happens.
  • edited June 2012
    Did you continue from your previous save or start a new game?
  • edited June 2012
    I continued from a previous game.
  • edited June 2012
    Did you completely finish Episode 1? Did you see the stats screen at the very end?
  • edited June 2012
    i dont even have the option to pick up where i left off wtf
  • edited June 2012
    Yes, I completely finished EP1 and the stats state that I chose to save Carley. Apparently Doug's will to survive is just that strong.
  • edited June 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Did you completely finish Episode 1? Did you see the stats screen at the very end?

Hi Mike,

I did see the stats screen at the very end, and can pull it up from the menu by clicking the "Stats" option on the episode 1 section. It confirms that I (like 75% of other people, poor Doug!) chose to save Carley.
  • edited June 2012
    Same problem here... I can upload the save folder if needed.
  • edited June 2012
    Same thing here.

After choosing to continue my previous save, I'm right there at the end with the dialogue. After that, I'm taken to the preview for the next episode, then the stats, then finally the credits. After that, I'm right back at the main menu.

Another thing that is kind of related, if I try to start playing Episode 2 nonetheless, apparently none of my previous settings in the Options are enabled, such as subtitles. I cannot change anything in the menu, and the game doesn't react to clicking with the mouse or using the keyboard. The game hasn't freezed or anything, it doesn't react with any player input. I am therefore forced to alt+tab the game and then quit it that way instead.
  • edited June 2012
    keeps crashing on my PS3. Continue crashed, and even trying to start directly from ep.2 does not work.
  • edited June 2012
    Did you continue from your previous save or start a new game?
    I continued from the same game. I sided with Larry and saved Doug, but in the game, it shows the opposite.... I will not play the episode without my choices....:confused:
  • edited June 2012
    Same issue for me,

I even attempted to replay the carly doug decision and other things having the same problem.

The continue option does not progress to the next episode just restarts the last section of the episode. If i attempt to start episode two no decisions transfer over.
  • edited June 2012
    Okay, I've tested it a bit, and the issue is that the saves don't carry over choices, they're created at random. No matter what.
  • edited June 2012
    I tried to play it in another game, where I haven't finish the first episode yet. It's just shows a black screen, the mouse stick and a axe at the item list...
  • edited June 2012
    Well turns out there are a lot of issues in this game.... exept on Xbox...
  • edited June 2012
    With me, Kenny said that I didn't help him at the drugstore. I did that one time, but finished afterwards saying that Doug wasn't bitten.
  • edited June 2012
    Hey. I hate cluttering up the front page, especially with all the threads being launched out right now, but I've been having a problem. My choices from episode 1 aren't moving over. I picked Doug, and every time I've booted up, it thinks Carley was the one I saved. Anyone have a workaround I could try?

PC version, by the way.
  • edited June 2012
    Have any of you tried right-clicking the game's executable and then clicking Run As Administrator? If so, are you still experiencing this issue?
  • edited June 2012
    Have any of you tried right-clicking the game's executable and then clicking Run As Administrator? If so, are you still experiencing this issue?

No luck when running as administrator.
  • edited June 2012
    Few more questions as we attempt to narrow this down.

What type of user accounts are you using? Are they admin accounts?

What OS are you using?

Have you uninstalled the game previously, or have you reinstalled the game recently?
  • edited June 2012
    Never reinstalled it, Windows 7, Admin account. I don't think it's anything on my part. I just got the update and this is what happen.
  • edited June 2012
    Few more questions as we attempt to narrow this down.

What type of user accounts are you using? Are they admin accounts?

What OS are you using?

Have you uninstalled the game previously, or have you reinstalled the game recently?

1) Admin account, yes

2) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

3) Game has remained untouched since original installation
  • edited June 2012

Just making sure but are we supposed to click 'continue' in the menu under episode 1, or 'play' under episode 2?

Tried twice so far running as admin and it saves the right person. I'll try a few more times and see if it's consistent.
  • edited June 2012
    Using admin account, I'm using Windows XP, and I've never uninstalled the game previously.
  • edited June 2012
    Had the same problem, I saved Doug but Episode 2 started with Carley. Replaying the two last sections of Episode 1 fixed the problem for me, though.
  • edited June 2012
    From bad to worse!!!! Now not even with the wrong choices!! Now it just shows me a black screen, a music and a axe at the item list!!!!! :(
  • edited June 2012
    Okay, running as admin saved the right person 6 times out of 6, so I do believe that fixed it for me. I'll play through the game now to see if the other choices are correctly reflected as well.
  • edited June 2012
    Running on admin did not fix it for me.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm having the same problem, I saved Carley but the game thinks I saved Doug. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an administrator account. Running the game executable as an administrator didn't fix it. I'm playing the game on Steam and haven't messed with any of the files since I installed the first episode.
  • edited June 2012
    Just a idiot check, was having the same problem and realized i wasn't clicking the right option.

I found you have to click Play, then your saved game, then the arrow at the top which will change it to episode 2 then hit play and it worked fine. Kept all my choices.

I was doing what some people here were i bet and thought it was broken. I orginally thought i just finish episode 1 and it automatically starts 2 which is not the case.
  • edited June 2012
    Same issue as everybody else mentioned.

Saved Doug, now have Carley.

Playing on PC/Steam
    Win XP Pro SP3

Also played game new, all the way through, same effect. Saved Doug, Carley is in intro. This is pretty awesome!!!!
This discussion has been closed.