Woohoo!! I got mine!!

edited September 2007 in Sam & Max
After two painful months of waiting, I finally got my DVD and Case File!! :D

*Holds DVD in one hand, and grabs mic with the other*

I'd like to thank my friends, who discouraged me from getting it, obviously reverse psychology, and-and I'd like to thank Gametap for producing it, and Steve Purcell for creating them, and Emily for leading me through the darkness of that agonising week where it said "Product shipped," and I'd also like to thank everyone else at Telltale for making it!! :D

Sadly, it came the exact same day I got Windows reinstalled, so I can't play the games yet, but I popped it in the TV and watched most the video features. I also found two of the easter eggs,
The hot rump and Sam in the window
, and I also fiddled with the case file. It was great! My favorite is the pin. I'll need to put it in the optimum spot for weirding people out. Also, the magnet was larger than I expected, which is good. I put it on the fridge. :)

Thanks again! *Runs off to finish watching shorts again*

You know, The Interrogation Short, I believe, is a great demonstration of humour that Steve Purcell alone could write.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    One of those easter eggs leads to more easter eggs. Keep playing. :D
  • edited August 2007
    hoping mine will arrive soon. living in Australia may slow things down :D
  • edited August 2007
    Hang in there, Marty, it's worth it. :D
    Emily wrote: »
    One of those easter eggs leads to more easter eggs. Keep playing. :D

Hmm...
    The randomSam window? I fiddled with it until my thumb was sore, and found a puppet movie of brilliance! I wish there was a way to see it on que...Hey, are there any other easter eggs? :D
  • edited August 2007
    If you keep at it, there might be more ;)
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    If you keep at it, there might be more ;)
    The credits? Oh yeah, I saw those, too. Sadly, my DVD played froze on me half way through "Haggis." But yeah, I caught that one, too. Thanks! I love easter eggs. :D
  • edited August 2007
    Those aren't technically an easter egg, since they also run at the end of episode 6's cutscene video. There's more easter egg goodness than you've found, though :)
  • edited August 2007
    Those aren't technically an easter egg, since they also run at the end of episode 6's cutscene video. There's more easter egg goodness than you've found, though :)
    Really? Hm, maybe I should watch that, then...So more Sam window watching. Got it.
  • edited August 2007
    I got mine today too! (or yesterday....monday basically!) Drove to work listening to the soundtrack, when I got home I popped in the dvd into my player and watched it with great joy. I didn't even recognize a lot of those forum member names, big list.
  • edited August 2007
    Mine hasn't even been shipped yet. :p
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Mine hasn't even been shipped yet. :p

That's because you're waiting on a backordered print, which is hitchhiking its way to the warehouse as we speak.

Okay, maybe not hitchhiking, but the image of a rolled-up poster by the side of the road with its thumb out is amusing to me. *drinks coffee* Okay, maybe not THAT amusing...
  • edited August 2007
    I'm waiting for mine as wel. I don't expect it to be the same as Australia, but shipping to the Netherlands delays the parcel also for quite some time. I can't wait to fidle around with those extras.
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah I am in Australia, not sure how long it's going to take. Depends on whether the parcel went on a boat or a plane I guess.
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    That's because you're waiting on a backordered print, which is hitchhiking its way to the warehouse as we speak.

Okay, maybe not hitchhiking, but the image of a rolled-up poster by the side of the road with its thumb out is amusing to me. *drinks coffee* Okay, maybe not THAT amusing...

*sips tea* Thank you for the update. :)
  • edited August 2007
    I ordered mine with the case file about a week ago, I live in Massachusetts (sp?) how long do you figure I'll have to wait?
  • edited August 2007
    Domestic shipping is at normal postal service speeds, generally. I think it's coming from Minnesota, so probably not too long for you, once it ships.
  • edited August 2007
    I sure hope so, I've been holding out on the Summer of sam and Max stuff until I get it, I just don't want to spoil it.
  • edited August 2007
    Not sure if it's actually an easter egg, but
    apparently the trailer commentary track is "hidden." It wasn't very hard to find, though!
  • edited August 2007
    YES!
    My order came in today. Just about to check out the disc now.
    Oh, and the hat is awesome.
  • edited August 2007
    *screams* :D
    Ah well, I have Hit the Road to pass the time. ;)
  • edited August 2007
    I have it too! so, i'm lazy with easter eggs.. I got the window thingie that leads to randomness but other than that.. are there others?
  • edited August 2007
    Yes :)
  • edited August 2007
    buuuut laaaaazzzzyyyyy!!!!
  • edited August 2007
    Well, if you're especially lazy, you can put the DVD in a computer and watch it in Windows Media Player or something that lets you browse Titles on the disc. Otherwise, the window is your only route to most easter eggs.
  • edited August 2007
    that way is almost as random
    haha jake couldn't break a bottle, and i can see where max's insanity came from (comicon footage).
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, I played about with the dvd on my pc. So far i've found
    the puppet show and the grow a pirate thing.. which was amusing but why did he eat it!? ewww.
    so, what have you guys found?
  • edited August 2007
    Yes ! The DVD arrived this morning here in France :) O joyful day !
  • josjos
    edited August 2007
    Oh Goodie! All the stuff arrived this afternoon!
    I really like the magnet! And the postcard is cool to.
  • edited August 2007
    Where are you from and when did it ship?
  • edited August 2007
    :(:(:(:(
    I'm still waiting!
    and it's killing me!!!!
  • edited August 2007
    usually when i get stuff from the US it would have already arrived. hopefully it'll arrive tommorow before the weekend.
  • edited August 2007
    Marzhin wrote: »
    Yes ! The DVD arrived this morning here in France :) O joyful day !

Wait a second, you're in france and you already got yours?

Mine hasn't even shipped yet as far as I know.
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, I played about with the dvd on my pc. So far i've found
    the puppet show and the grow a pirate thing.. which was amusing but why did he eat it!? ewww.
    so, what have you guys found?
    After we took the pirate out of the bottle, it was sitting in that plastic cup you saw in my office. Jon walked in and said 'Somebody should eat that thing', and Jake and I suggested that he do it, so he agreed to bite the head off. He did spit it out again, by the way, but it was less funny to show that.
  • edited August 2007
    After we took the pirate out of the bottle, it was sitting in that plastic cup you saw in my office. Jon walked in and said 'Somebody should eat that thing', and Jake and I suggested that he do it, so he agreed to bite the head off. He did spit it out again, by the way, but it was less funny to show that.
    that was truly disgusting.. but nice work with the chair tabacco :D:D:D
  • josjos
    edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Where are you from and when did it ship?
    I'm from The Netherlands -> Brabant -> Budel :)

I got the shipping mail on 13-8-07, so that's 10 days ago.
  • edited August 2007
    Wow, only 10 days? That's awesome. Hopefully mine comes soon to Canada
  • edited August 2007
    jos wrote: »
    I'm from The Netherlands -> Brabant -> Budel :)

I got the shipping mail on 13-8-07, so that's 10 days ago.

Hey!
    I got my shipping male the same day.
    I live in germany, so It'll probably arrive very soon:)
    I hope
  • edited August 2007
    Ewwwww
  • edited August 2007
    Don't worry, it HAS to be a typo...

Oh, and @Bruno83:
    Don't be too sure about that... I've got the shipping mail for my 2 "Effigy Mound"-sketchbooks on August 1st, and they're still not here. My shipping mail regarding the S1-DVD, the soundtrack and the case-file went out on August 14th, which caculates it arriving here somewhat around mid September :(
  • edited August 2007
    any suggestions how long it might take to reach germany when it has been shipped on the 13th of august? how can i track my parcel? when i enter try to track my order at findmyorder.com using the last five digits of my credit card it only leads me my telltale account saying nothing more than
    Order Number: 5433661200
    Order Date: 6/27/2007
    Order Status: Order Complete
    plus my address and what i ordered. hm. i can't say i did exactly FIND my order by this information, can you please tell me how to track it properly? thanks a lot!
  • edited August 2007
    Bruno83 wrote: »
    Hey!
    I got my shipping male the same day.
    I live in germany, so It'll probably arrive very soon:)
    I hope

hm, meins ist heute nicht angekommen. und ich hatte so auf den soundtrack für eine lange autofahrt gehofft, fahr morgen nach berlin. damn.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.