A fun guessing game! (now with awesome prize)

edited October 2007 in Sam & Max
Can you guess the release date of the first episode of the sam and max season 2? I just hope it will be sometime soon! :cool:

EDIT: This is now an official Telltale contest! See here for the incredibly restrictive rules and the awesome prize.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    October 25
  • edited August 2007
    NOVEMBER 16th!!!!
  • edited August 2007
    Smarch 32nd.
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    Smarch 32nd.
    I thought the release was on this fall :D

November 8th
  • edited August 2007
    October 29th - 10.04am and 23.17 seconds GMT(-6:00)
  • edited August 2007
    October 28th!
    (random guess)
  • edited August 2007
    hopefully after the 13th of october (dream theater that day yay but i need to get some money for it)
  • edited August 2007
    October 28th!
    (random guess)
    I think they'd be sleeping in on Sunday :P
  • edited August 2007
    backslash wrote: »
    I think they'd be sleeping in on Sunday :P

Is that a Sunday? I didn't even check the day of week, I just said a random number. :D

Alright, 25th!
  • edited August 2007
    Is that a Sunday? I didn't even check the day of week, I just said a random number. :D

Alright, 25th!

25th is a saturday and its downloadable so day can change easily
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    25th is a saturday and its downloadable so day can change easily

25th is a Thursday, I believe.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    December 14!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Let's turn it into a contest - anyone who guesses the right date will get a signed limited edition Comic-Con 2007 Printerloper mailed to them. :)

One guess per person (if you already posted more than one guess, please edit it to the one you really think it'll be!)

Telltale employees are not eligible to win... however they can just walk over to my desk and grab a Printerloper, so it's not such a big loss.
  • edited August 2007
    What's a Printerloper?
    Also - what was the timeframe you said that the episode would be released in, Emily?
    edited August 2007
    It's a print version of the Interloper (Telltale's email newsletter) that we did special for Comic-Con.

The game will be released sometime in Fall 2007, which is between September 21 and December 21.
  • edited August 2007
    Alright, nice. I'll stick with the 25th of October.
  • edited August 2007
    I;m gonna go with October 31, Halloween I don't know, it just seems right.

Is October 31 halloween?

Is there an October 31?
  • edited August 2007
    Funny, in germany fall begins this year on the 23.9.2007 at 11:51...
    edited August 2007
    is that a joke? 11:51? I know nothing of the german ways, so don't yank my chain
  • edited August 2007
    25th is a Thursday, I believe.

haha you didnt fall for my lie ( and if you didnt buy that i got the dates wrong)
  • edited August 2007
    @NickTTG
    Due to the astronomical calculations...or maybe 23, the illuminates are behind this?! :O)
  • edited August 2007
    October 16th
  • edited August 2007
    ill go for october the 18th
  • edited August 2007
    The fight is on! :D
    edited August 2007
    Actually I might be wrong about Sept 21 and Dec 21 being the equinox and solstice dates. Sometimes it's the 21st, sometimes the 20th or 22nd... I'm too lazy to look it up.

But I can assure you all that our game will launch sometime between Sept 21 and Dec 21. :D
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Actually I might be wrong about Sept 21 and Dec 21 being the equinox and solstice dates. Sometimes it's the 21st, sometimes the 20th or 22nd... I'm too lazy to look it up.

But I can assure you all that our game will launch sometime between Sept 21 and Dec 21. :D

H4x! You didn't specify whether it'd be the Gametap or Telltale Website release date! Now none of us can win!

Anyway, I guess BLAH CHANGED!. Unless anyone has already taken that.

Edit: Cryptic Hints from Emily (see below). November the 15th is a Thursday so I'll go with this.
  • edited August 2007
    I suggest that each person who enters a date and can name a character in Season 2 will get a free copy. :O) I'll start and name this white fleecy lifeform with the long ears a "Sam" and i say 23.9 (won't happen but i like the 9 more than the 10 and i'm pretty confident it comes in late october/early november. Episode1 in Season1 was released on the 17.10.2006, right? November is also a great sounding month...november...NOVEMBER...*echoing*
  • edited August 2007
    19th of October is my guess.

(Is this for the Gametap or Telltale release, by the way?)
    EDIT: Erk, beaten to the question.
  • edited August 2007
    In that case, ignore what I said about Smarch. Rather, I'm guessing...

NOVEMBER 7TH
  • edited August 2007
    I'm guessing November 19.
    edited August 2007
    The GameTap release and the Telltale release are only one day apart. If you get either of those dates correct, you'll be a winner.

(Hint: GameTap usually releases stuff on Thursdays...)
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    The GameTap release and the Telltale release are only one day apart. If you get either of those dates correct, you'll be a winner.

(Hint: GameTap usually releases stuff on Thursdays...)

can you set up a calender with everyones entries on so we can see what dates have been taken
    please
  • edited August 2007
    I shall do so, in groovy graphical form!
    One moment!

(If Emily wants to do a proper one, go ahead. I'm just bored! :D)
  • edited August 2007
    I shall do so, in groovy graphical form!
    One moment!

(If Emily wants to do a proper one, go ahead. I'm just bored! :D)

Brilliant then we will be able to track who has which date
  • edited August 2007
    Trust me, I tried things. I even tried using the Season 2 page and turning the trailer rectangle into the calendar and stuff. Then I thought I'd try it using HTML, but I remembered my knowledge on that is limited.

So, a lot of time went into this, and not a lot came out of it. :D I'm sure the Telltale team could do better, should they wish. I'll update this one from time to time until then.

4p18rde.png
  • edited August 2007
    I'm guessing November 9th. As long as a wait it might be, we can sit it out. It will be worth the effort.
  • edited August 2007
    I'm goin with October 10th. 10-10 just screamed at me.:eek:
  • edited August 2007
    well done guybrush(no underscore) threepwood it looks pretty good
    edited August 2007
    I believe I coined that phrase sir! UTFS! NOOB!!
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    well done guybrush(no underscore) threepwood it looks pretty good

I'll take your word for it. :D I probably won't end up updating it (if anyone else wants to add to mine as we go along, feel free - or even make a new, better one!).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.