Updated cover for Surfin the Highway!

edited November 2007 in Sam & Max
At the moment you can only see it in thumbnail form in the Interloper, but man does it look good. Check your email now!

Comments

• edited August 2007
    I've ticked the box for the newsletter (have done for ages), but it never comes. Can someone help, please?
  • edited August 2007
    I have the same problem, where's my interloper, and even if I wanted to check it out, I can't find it on the website anywhere.

edit: okay just recieved, but unfortunately I got the Text version rather than the HTML, like I signed up for, so I don't get any of the pretty pictures.
  • edited August 2007
    Luckily the file location was clearly visible. Enjoy:
    surfin_small.png
  • edited August 2007
    I'm glad they kept the original art, but hopefully it looks better blown up.
    I'm sad they didn't keep the same logo though. Maybe it's not finalized yet!
    Plus I really hope it's in Hardcover only.
    hardcover only...
    hardcover only...
  • edited August 2007
    Oh, I've got it now. :) It looks sweet, I can't wait. :D
  • edited August 2007
    any word on the release date?
  • edited August 2007
    That's not necessarily the final art.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »

Our current plans are for paperback only. I don't want to rule out the potential for a hardcover release, but it's not something we're really planning right now.
  • edited August 2007
    Can we have some sort of idea when it'll get released? I wanna make sure I have enough money to spare in time

Can we get a bigger version of that cover also? I know you have it somewhere! :P
  • edited August 2007
    I'm glad they kept the original art, but hopefully it looks better blown up.
    I'm sad they didn't keep the same logo though. Maybe it's not finalized yet!
    hardcover only...
    hardcover only...

Why?

Yeah it would be really cool to have a hardcover version, but should it ONLY be hardcover?
  • edited August 2007
    I hope that when it comes out in the store, loads of other cool merchandise comes along with it.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Can we have some sort of idea when it'll get released?

Sometime in 2007. We don't have any more details than that right now.

Also, anyone who didn't get the newsletter can see it here. If you didn't get it and you're positive you're signed up for it, then maybe it was eaten by your spam filter?
  • edited August 2007
    Mann, I can't wait! I'm trying as best I can to be S&M-obsessed, and when I get this book, I can finally read the comics! :D
  • edited August 2007
    They're amazing!
  • edited August 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    Mann, I can't wait! I'm trying as best I can to be S&M-obsessed, and when I get this book, I can finally read the comics! :D

You're in the same boat as me. :)
  • edited August 2007
    They're fantastic!
  • edited August 2007
    You're in the same boat as me. :)

Unfortunately I think alot of are in that boat, from what little Sam and Max comic stuff I've read, I know this is going to be my all time favourite TPB.

Maybe it'll come in just behind Watchmen and Kingdom Come.
  • edited August 2007
    Actually, I hope that's not the final art. The original is a lot better.
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Our current plans are for paperback only. I don't want to rule out the potential for a hardcover release, but it's not something we're really planning right now.

I know paperback is cheaper, but c'mon! Hardback is so much better for this.:(
  • edited August 2007
    I'd vote for at least a limited edition of hardcovers (say like 500, signed by Steve for those who want to pay a little more)...
  • edited August 2007
    Define "little more."
  • edited August 2007
    I love when things are expensive!
  • edited August 2007
    I'm content with paperback. I mean, sure, hardcover's amazing, but as of yet I've only seen one hardcover comic anthology. The rest are paperback.

*Max comes along*

Max: Anthology isn't a word. 0.o
  • edited August 2007
    I'd vote for at least a limited edition of hardcovers (say like 500, signed by Steve for those who want to pay a little more)...

I'd rather not, because then I'd have to buy one and then I'd have less money. :D
  • edited August 2007
    I'd rather not, because then I'd have to buy one and then I'd have less money. :D
    You could make the same assumption about games. Why bother buying games when you're going to have less money afterwards? :P
  • edited August 2007
    i would think a proper hard cover version would be awesome but the book is a little too small for a proper hard cover, maybe a special edition case?
  • edited August 2007
    backslash wrote: »
    You could make the same assumption about games. Why bother buying games when you're going to have less money afterwards? :P

No, no, I meant that if there is a better edition version of something, I always have to buy that instead of the normal one. :D
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    i would think a proper hard cover version would be awesome but the book is a little too small for a proper hard cover, maybe a special edition case?

A hard protective case would be something I wouldn't mind paying extra for if it came with the re-release. Could even make it a combo deal or something like that. Especially if it had some kind of Sam & Max grit and style to it.

*thinks of a time capsule with Max's teeth marks embedded into the surface with a small embossed type saying that it was buried in the year of the Disco Era and should not be open until 2008 or when weasels rule the earth (whichever happens first)*
  • edited September 2007
    No, no, I meant that if there is a better edition version of something, I always have to buy that instead of the normal one. :D
    Oddly enough, I never buy the 'special' version unless it's only a little bit more expensive (we're talking $5-10 range here) or it has significant improvements (Like, say, paying more for an MP3 player to get more memory (unless I don't really need that much...).).
  • edited September 2007
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Oddly enough, I never buy the 'special' version unless it's only a little bit more expensive (we're talking $5-10 range here) or it has significant improvements (Like, say, paying more for an MP3 player to get more memory (unless I don't really need that much...).).

I agree with that, actually. I'm not going to pay £20 pound more for something just because it has, say, a signature on it. And I'm not going to pay £50 more for something whatever the features are.
    If it is up to £15, I'll go for the better one. :)
  • edited September 2007
    you using british dollars man LOL

A standard purcell sig.. 100% free.. ask anyone in the office. Thats if you can get to him mind you. According to professional autograph appraisals sorry to say steves signature is worth little to nothing(to insane fans like me priceless.. hmm that should be a credit card commercial).. add an art on the other hand blam! Soo in summary
    If you love purcell.. pay the extra 100$ on a TPB or something to get it signed. I recommend no one spends that just for a single signature and even purcell would agree In this matter I think. As for 50 Pounds for a book HAHA no way for a new book it will be even close to that man. But for an drawing and signature Id gladly pay 100$ for the new book provided its not 19.99 on release XD
    So hard to find purcell stuff... muchless non sam & max stuff
    (Kaldire wimpers for toyboxx)
  • edited September 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    you using british dollars man LOL

A standard purcell sig.. 100% free.. ask anyone in the office. Thats if you can get to him mind you. According to professional autograph appraisals sorry to say steves signature is worth little to nothing(to insane fans like me priceless.. hmm that should be a credit card commercial).. add an art on the other hand blam! Soo in summary
    If you love purcell.. pay the extra 100$ on a TPB or something to get it signed. I recommend no one spends that just for a single signature and even purcell would agree In this matter I think. As for 50 Pounds for a book HAHA no way for a new book it will be even close to that man. But for an drawing and signature Id gladly pay 100$ for the new book provided its not 19.99 on release XD
    So hard to find purcell stuff... muchless non sam & max stuff
    (Kaldire wimpers for toyboxx)

I was talking about special edition stuff in general. :) For example, games, DVDs and CDs.
  • edited September 2007
    Hi first time post long time lurker. Was wondering if there is any estimate on when Surfin the Highway is going to be released. I'm planning on order season1 bonus disc, and the two other artbooks and I want to get everything in one fell swoop to save on the shipping.
  • edited September 2007
    Seems like you might be waiting a while, I say INDULGE NOW! :p
    edited September 2007
    All we can say is "sometime in 2007" for now. More info soon!... ish!
  • edited September 2007
    I really hope "Belly of the Beast" is included in it. As well as the 3 missing "Adventurer" comics
  • MelMel
    edited September 2007
    What are the 3 missing Adventurer comics?

FYI, I know what the Adventurer magazine is, I just don't know about the missing comics.
    edited September 2007
    Curse of Monkey Island, Outlaws, and... a third one I've forgotten about. :)
  • edited September 2007
    afterlife
  • edited September 2007
    sounds interesting. i want that. well, if it's not to complicated.
    also "sometime in 2007" sounds good to me. we shouldn't forget that the Sam & Max games are the main product here and everything else is a bonus. oh and i like the new cover artwork. it fits perfectly into the new line of products, which all had more "mature" artwork. as for the hardcover edition: i would buy one and pay in advance if that would help. maybe have the option to preorder a hardcover version on the newsletter and if enough orders come in, having one printed. but as i already said, everything besides the games is optional.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.