Ice Station Santa! Nov 9th

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited December 2007 in Sam & Max
Hey the Ice Station Santa trailer's up on the Season Two website if you guys want to check it out.

Some more screenshots and gameplay videos coming up in a few minutes.

Comments

• edited October 2007
    Mh... somehow the trailer doesn't flow as nicely as the ones for Season 1 (or the S2-trailer)... although I like the trailer being "The Thing"-like with an 80s B-movie touch to it, but still, it feels a little to choppy in the end.

Ah, whatever, I bet the episode is still going to be awesome!
  • edited October 2007
    DUDE!!! Talk about epic!

I take it you took our overwhelming positive responce to the last three trailers of Season 1, combined it with the rabid positive feedback on the Cinematic Trailer, and produced this knowing full well the fans would eat it up like a bucket of candy left out in the open of a kindergarten class? If so, major kudos for you!

*runs off to watch it again and again and again*

EDIT: So, let's start speculating!
    Was that Mack Salmon in the trailer?
  • edited October 2007
    I thought it was awesome! Yes, it was choppy with frequent cuts from scene to scene. I though all that chaos made it seem scarier. I love the survival horror it has going on. I've always loved horror.

I don't expect anything Sam and MAx to be really scary though, just cartoon scary. I love Santa.
  • edited October 2007
    • The start of the trailer was epic.
    • Said 'Ice Station Santa' on the voice over too many times.
    • Did feel a tad choppy, like others had said.
    • In the trailer it looks like Sybil's has been burried under rocks... big rubble pile next to the office?
    • Bosco putting that present down the chute... interesting...
    • The ending joke with Bosco was just too funny. :D
    Overall? I can't wait. Bring on those screenshots and gameplay videos (oh I shouldn't, but I must!).
  • edited October 2007
    Cool!
  • edited October 2007
    Less impressive than the Season Two trailer, but still quite good. And it certainly allows me to maintain my stellar expectations for Season Two without any doubt creeping in.
    I somehow only got the sound to not be choppy by restarting Firefox, but I blame that on Firefox. Otherwise it was a bit frantic visually, but nice.
    Is that voice-over new? Somehow sounds different from the previous one.
  • edited October 2007
    gametap launched their updated season 2 website and they have their own trailer up on the client
  • edited October 2007
    Previous voiceover? You might have to be more specific.
  • edited October 2007
    Awesome. I notice
    the road down the side of Sybil's seems to have been blocked up with a wall...

Probably not a spoiler really, but spoilering it anyway for people who really don't want to hear anything more about the game until it's released =P.
  • edited October 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    gametap launched their updated season 2 website and they have their own trailer up on the client

I don't see it. Does "on the client" mean, like, on that thing you download to run Gametap?
    *has no idea how Gametap works*
  • edited October 2007
    by "client" i mean in the program you download.... yes, not the website

its the first in the playlist on the home page when you first log on
  • edited October 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Previous voiceover? You might have to be more specific.
    D'oh. Come to think of it, I was probably confusing the telltale trailers with the gametap ones. Either that or I was thinking of the S1 E3 trailer; or possibly the CSI4 trailers. Ok, I withdraw the question.
  • edited October 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    by "client" i mean in the program you download.... yes, not the website

its the first in the playlist on the home page when you first log on

Since I don't have that... is it good?
  • edited October 2007
    I'm going to give the Gametap trailers a miss this time round, until I finish the respective episode. They spoilt way too much of Season 1 for me.
  • edited October 2007
    Gamespot have beaten Telltale to posting the images.
    Link!
    Hello world, we're the COPS!
  • edited October 2007
    So has Adventure Gamers, a few hours ago. I was about to post about it when Jake posted.
  • edited October 2007
    Jake, define 'a few minutes'. ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    • Said 'Ice Station Santa' on the voice over too many times.

Dude. Dunno.
  • edited October 2007
    I liked the trailer and how old horror movie-esque it was. :D

Am I the only one that saw that snow angel that Sam and Max was looking at and thoght "Mazinger"? lol

And I think that the fish they showed was just Mr. Spatula. Looked like it was in thier office. Could be wrong tho.
  • edited October 2007
    Looked like Mr. Spatula except that
    it had eyebrows
    . But maybe it's just Red Herring.
  • edited October 2007
    Mr. spatula
    is max salmon,
    everyone knows this.....
  • edited October 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Looked like Mr. Spatula except that
    it had eyebrows
    . But maybe it's just Red Herring.

That kid from A Pup Named Scooby Doo?
  • edited October 2007
    I used to love A Pup Named Scooby Doo, then I watched it 5 years later and wanted to go back and give my 5 year younger self a beating for his taste in cartoons (same goes for Tom and Jerry Kids).

Also,
    Am I the only one that saw that snow angel that Sam and Max was looking at and thoght "Mazinger"? lol

Sure it's not more of a snow devil? =P
  • edited October 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I used to love A Pup Named Scooby Doo, then I watched it 5 years later and wanted to go back and give my 5 year younger self a beating for his taste in cartoons (same goes for Tom and Jerry Kids).

I know the feeling. Shortly after I got Satellite and I saw it listed on the guide and watched it and I couldn't believe I used to like it. It was just so awful.
  • edited October 2007
    Same here. Deliciously campy though. And I still watch all kinds of cartoons I probably shouldn't.
  • edited October 2007
    I still watch Arthur, and only realised how bad Mona the Vampire was when I was 15 :<

EDIT: So, how about that Ice Station Santa then? I hear they've got trailers for that thing now.
  • edited October 2007
    I think it's hilarious how we kept encouraging Jake to put the title voice-over in one extra time, and that's the first thing somebody complains about.
  • edited October 2007
    Chuck wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious how we kept encouraging Jake to put the title voice-over in one extra time, and that's the first thing somebody complains about.

Hey, I liked it because it was a nice refferance to those B-horrors you wouldn't associate with Christmas movies... well, almost.

*looks at the screenshots* OMG!! Elmo on a torture rack?! I thought the trailer showed that toy on Sam & Max's noose tree!
  • edited October 2007
    Jake wrote: »

The Watcher in the Woods is the quintessential movie you see as a kid, think is brilliant, and then when you revisit years later realize is actually pretty horrible.

I could definitely still watch Return to Oz and, depending on my mood, Something Wicked This Way Comes though.
  • edited October 2007
    Well I thought the trailer was pretty crap.. but anyway I love the look of Santa, and his voice.. So well done and just fits in with the Sam & Max world nicely
    edited October 2007
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    The Watcher in the Woods is the quintessential movie you see as a kid, think is brilliant, and then when you revisit years later realize is actually pretty horrible.

I could definitely still watch Return to Oz and, depending on my mood, Something Wicked This Way Comes though.

Yeah I just... watched... the Watcher in the Woods a few weeks ago with some friends. It's amazing how horrible it is. The DVD has a few alternate endings as well, none of which are any good either. I like seeing stuff like that, though, where you can tell that at the time someone else also realized that it wasn't turning out right, and tried (and failed) to fix it.
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Well I thought the trailer was pretty crap..
    Ouch! Kids today :(
  • edited October 2007
    Well I'm just saying if I showed this trailer to my non-Sam & Max loving friends to convince them to buy episode 1.. I'm not sure it would work.. a little too all over the place
    edited October 2007
    Fair enough. (It's also fine to just hate it, too.) We just try to make something that we think is funny. That might not always be the best move, but it's guaranteed that some people will like it or be intrigued by it... and we do a new trailer every month, so hopefully some will be more to your (or your friends) liking. Also, I imagine that the game will be more to your liking. (If only because the game isn't a send-up of a poor early 80s horror movie trailer.)
  • edited October 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Yeah I just... watched... the Watcher in the Woods a few weeks ago with some friends. It's amazing how horrible it is. The DVD has a few alternate endings as well, none of which are any good either. I like seeing stuff like that, though, where you can tell that at the time someone else also realized that it wasn't turning out right, and tried (and failed) to fix it.

The story behind Watcher in the Woods is actually a lot longer and wackier than that. It had different versions and re-shoots and re-edits and director firings and everything. My understanding is that the alternate endings aren't even representative of how the film was originally intended to be, and that the Anchor Bay DVD was supposed to attempt to re-create the film's initial test screening before Disney started altering it, but Disney did not allow that to happen. See this for some interesting stuff (particularly "The Mystery Behind the Mystery" article).

All that said, I can't imagine any possible edit of the movie could be a substantial improvement seeing as the terrible acting is my main issue with it. Still, it's too bad the "real" version everyone seems to assume was amazing isn't available because I'd be curious. Bottom line though I think it's one of those movies that people hold close to their hearts because it was that obscure movie that freaked them out as a kid, which I can totally relate to, but it simply doesn't hold up.

Ice Station Santa.
  • edited October 2007
    hmm... Christmas gone wrong?
  • edited October 2007
    I havn't seen it yet but I will in a min OMG I am so excited *clicks link* sqqquuee
  • edited October 2007
    Chuck wrote: »

I thought the reiteration of the "Ice Station Santa" line was the FUNNIEST thing in the trailer! It sounded SO incoherently serious and dumb... a blast. :D
    I'm more concerned about the main street I see behind Sam in one brief moment. It's still the same from S1.... :rolleyes: I hope there are many new different things around to watch and to interact with.
  • edited October 2007
    Diduz wrote: »
    It's still the same from S1.... :rolleyes: I hope there are many new different things around to watch and to interact with.

I don't know, there looked to be a few changes, like the wall down the side of Sybil's which wasn't there before, and the crack in the road.
  • edited October 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I don't know, there looked to be a few changes, like the wall down the side of Sybil's which wasn't there before, and the crack in the road.

I liked the new animation Wizzer has where his face tenses up as the snowball hits him. :D
    edited October 2007
    Diduz wrote: »
    I thought the reiteration of the "Ice Station Santa" line was the FUNNIEST thing in the trailer! It sounded SO incoherently serious and dumb... a blast. :D
    I'm more concerned about the main street I see behind Sam in one brief moment. It's still the same from S1.... :rolleyes: I hope there are many new different things around to watch and to interact with.

You'll just have to wait and see, won't you? :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.