Ice Station Santa! Nov 9th

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Telltale HQ is in the same time-zone as Los Angeles, am I right ?

You're right!

We don't know yet exactly what time we'll release it. For sure sometime between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. ;)
  • edited November 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    You're right!

We don't know yet exactly what time we'll release it. For sure sometime between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. ;)

Yeah, as sure as you were those times when you DIDN'T? ;):rolleyes:
  • edited November 2007
    good time for gaming. just got Metroid Prime 3 and tommorow I'll be playing season 2
  • edited November 2007
    I might have to wait till Sunday to try out the second episode, Out tomorrow and Saturday(although I might have time saturday night) so its going to be torture to wait an extra 48hrs, grrrrrrrr

Oh Well, not long to go, Cant Wait,WOOHOO
  • edited November 2007
    Without wanting to sound greedy and with apologies if this has already been asked a hundred times (didn't find it): how come there are "only" five episodes to season two? do they get longer? do you want to be finished by the time the weather gets nicer? can't you count up to six anymore? is it random? i'm just interested
  • edited November 2007
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to avoid this thread until tomorrow incase any spoilers are posted from the Gametap crowd! :D
  • edited November 2007
    It seems to be out now on Gametap according to their site...
  • edited November 2007
    neilka wrote: »
    It seems to be out now on Gametap according to their site...

Really? WOOHOO! *boots up Gametap* :D:D
    edited November 2007
    Jekill wrote: »
    Without wanting to sound greedy and with apologies if this has already been asked a hundred times (didn't find it): how come there are "only" five episodes to season two? do they get longer? do you want to be finished by the time the weather gets nicer? can't you count up to six anymore? is it random? i'm just interested

Many people on the team, including the designers, thought five episodes would work better from a story and player experience standpoint.

The episode length will be more on par with the longer episodes of last season (more like Abe Lincoln Must Die than Situation: Comedy length), and the story is more complex, so when all's said and done I think the experience will be better than last season and everyone will get their money's worth. :D
  • edited November 2007
    Many people on the team, including the designers, thought five episodes would work better from a story and player experience standpoint.

The episode length will be more on par with the longer episodes of last season (more like Abe Lincoln Must Die than Situation: Comedy length), and the story is more complex, so when all's said and done I think the experience will be better than last season and everyone will get their money's worth. :D

sounds fantastic, that's exactly the kind of approach i expected from you guys. you're awesome :D
  • edited November 2007
    You're right!

Good to know you guys aren't on Valve Time :D
  • edited November 2007
    Want... NOW!.... Grr, I somehow thought it would be today (8th) when Season 2 will be released. So another day of Minesweeper for me :).

Is it possible to buy the whole Season in Advance... and all others that may come? :o

I really can't believe that there's going to be more SnM just around the corner, oh boy oh boy oh boy...

Another thing: Have you figured out a way to give the Season Pass as a present to friends? That didn't work too well on the last season...

Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait!

Phoo
    edited November 2007
    We're working on gifting options, but even before those are ready, we're using a serial number system this year that will make giving the season to a friend much easier. You'll see it in action tomorrow. :D
  • edited November 2007
    so i suppose uk time itll be on between 5pm and 1am then?
  • edited November 2007
    yeah its the 9th here and im guessing by the time its available to download, it'll be late at night and tommorow I've got to work.... d'oh
  • edited November 2007
    Yeah it's already the 9th in Australia - does that count for anything? ;)
  • edited November 2007
    IGN gave it an 8.0 http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/833/833687p1.html
    be aware of some of the screenshots though
  • edited November 2007
    I'm really horrible when it comes to spoilers especially with Sam & Max.

Good thing I lost connection when the page was loading (crappy wireless). It's a sign!
  • edited November 2007
    it's the 9th today, right? right? so where is my sam&max??
    stupid time zone stuff...ohh, on the other hand..it should be out when i get home from work. i hope i get a good download speed then..this will probably be the longest 9hours (or more) of my life..at least until now..
  • edited November 2007
    Mh, did I miss something? No "Complete Season 2" pre-order? Or will that go up with the download to S2E1?
  • edited November 2007
    I just checked exchange rates and with the soaring Canadian dollar I'm only going to be paying $32.46 for Season Two!
    When I paid for Season One this time last year it was just under $40 Canadian
  • edited November 2007
    from the time of this post it is 7 hours till 9am on the west coast... i hope this helps
  • edited November 2007
    how awesome! season 2 will cost me only 23.75€, about 4 or 5€ less than season one. thank you, collapsing dollar :D
  • edited November 2007
    only $38 australian! was closer to 50 last year.. our games retail for a 100 here(season 1 box 70 in stores)..so excellent value
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    (we didn't do pre-orders this year, but buying the 'season set' will of course be available when Ice Station Santa goes up)
  • edited November 2007
    Well, I'm one of the lucky ones, because I have to work on a website all day today as a suplimentory portion to an art piece. When I come back, the game will be out, and TTG will have $35 of mine! I feel bad for the ones that are sitting on pins and needles waiting for the release. Then again, I feel bad knowing I spent my entire paycheck on just entertainment this month alone.
  • edited November 2007
    No food for this month then? lol
  • edited November 2007
    isn't food entertainment as well? at least it should be..
  • edited November 2007
    If it's Taco Bell then yes.
  • edited November 2007
    so when is it going to be released ? here on my side of the world it's november the 9th !
  • edited November 2007
    been Nov 9th for two and a half hours for me...

i want some S&M dammit!
  • edited November 2007
    CMON TTG! I wanta my Ice Station Santa~!!!!
  • edited November 2007
    the 9th has already gone here :/
    i celebrated with all that jamaican rum without a payoff, well aside from being drunk which i suppose counts on some level.
  • edited November 2007
    yep, its the 10th already. definitly wont be playing it til tommorow night. oh well, something to look foward to when im sitting at work bored out of my brain
  • edited November 2007
    Jekill wrote: »
    how awesome! season 2 will cost me only 23.75€, about 4 or 5€ less than season one. thank you, collapsing dollar :D

Don't forget the Tax (19% in Germany)... it will be around 28 €, i think.
  • edited November 2007
    *sigh*

This happens with every episode.

The Telltale office opens at 9am pacific time. They usually open up registration/release the game a few hours after that.

My guess, 6 more hours until it is released.
  • edited November 2007
    :(

this makes me a sad panda.
  • edited November 2007
    6hours? it's quarter past six in california, right? soon..
  • edited November 2007
    Heres live update of the time. Guess the nearest city is San Francisco...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
  • edited November 2007
    and i'm glad it didn't proof me wrong..:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.