Ice Station Santa! Nov 9th

Comments

• edited October 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    You'll just have to wait and see, won't you? :)

You bet I will!!!! :p
    I can't wait to see Sam & Max running. I laughed hard when I first saw them doing that in 105!!!!
  • edited October 2007
    I don't recall them doing that in 105, only in 103, in the end.
  • edited October 2007
    I don't recall them doing that in 105, only in 103, in the end.

When you shrink them in Reality 2.0, they run.
  • edited October 2007
    A new season already! Yay, you guys are great and the first episode comes out on my birthday. What a great present! When can I give you my money?
  • edited October 2007
    I'm just curious as to how they will start their missions if they are not going to get the traditional call from the commissioner now... should be fun to see.
  • edited October 2007
    • The start of the trailer was epic.
    • Said 'Ice Station Santa' on the voice over too many times.
    • Did feel a tad choppy, like others had said.
    • In the trailer it looks like Sybil's has been burried under rocks... big rubble pile next to the office?
    • Bosco putting that present down the chute... interesting...
    • The ending joke with Bosco was just too funny. :D
    Overall? I can't wait. Bring on those screenshots and gameplay videos (oh I shouldn't, but I must!).

One more for you:
    • It looks like (and of course, I could be wrong) the game is gonna start with someone Max doesn't like showing up in their office, based on the two shots we see of max threatening someone there.
  • edited October 2007
    Im getting more and more excited! I seriosuly can't wait! I love the feature where you can hit the soda poppers with a snowball that way both soda popper lovers and haters are happy!
  • edited October 2007
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26759.html

Interview with Dan Conners at E for all
  • edited October 2007
    Lucien21 wrote: »
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26759.html

Interview with Dan Conners at E for all

Garghhhh!
    Easter Island for episode 2!
    I didn't want to know that...! :mad: I take it all the episodes are going to be based around
    events at that time of the year?
  • edited October 2007
    what are you talking about?
    easter island sounds great..volcano's and talking stone heads..love it!
  • edited October 2007
    Ya. Can't wait to hear some interactions and reactions Max will have w/ the Giant Stone Heads. :D

Tho I'll miss the calls from the Commish :/
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    I take it all the episodes are going to be based around
    events at that time of the year?

Err, no...
    Easter Island
    doesn't actually have anything to do with
    Easter

(Also I don't consider that a spoiler -- we started telling press a very little bit about episode 202 at E for All, and the location of the episode was one of the few things we divulged. It was something that would have had to come out eventually. ;))
  • edited October 2007
    yes, now im looking foward to ep 2 already :D
  • edited October 2007
    I love easter island. I have a cottage there. Nice view. Damn locals though.... you know how it is...
  • edited October 2007
    I wonder if we will learn more about episode 2 from episode 1. I would be nice. I like things to follow onto each other so we can discuss theories...if you understand what I mean ^^;
  • edited October 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Err, no...
    Easter Island
    doesn't actually have anything to do with
    Easter

(Also I don't consider that a spoiler -- we started telling press a very little bit about episode 202 at E for All, and the location of the episode was one of the few things we divulged. It was something that would have had to come out eventually. ;))

Ahh, trust me not to actually think of the Easter Island. Now I look like an idiot! :D

Hero1 - I didn't mean it isn't a great idea, I just don't like spoilers, but since it was going to come out eventually... I'm fine now. :D
  • edited October 2007
    Maybe each episode is based off of an old movie genre. Episode 201 is probably a B-horror combined with a Christmas special. Episode 202 could be that surfing movie parody, which could mean a cameo by Ted and Jared rocking out some Sam & Max surf guitar music... AND THE RETURN OF THE HIGHWAY SURFING GAME!! :D
  • edited October 2007
    "Hey, this place has nothing to do with Easter! I want my money back!"
    "But we didn't pay anything."
    "Well, someone had better give me some money!"
  • edited October 2007
    I would LOVE to see the return of Highway Surfin', but I'm not totally sure how it will work with the hoodless DeSoto.
  • edited October 2007
    There was some
    highway surfin' in the credits for 106.
  • edited October 2007
    I would LOVE to see the return of Highway Surfin', but I'm not totally sure how it will work with the hoodless DeSoto.

You mean topless. The car still has its hood from what I see. :D
  • edited October 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    There was some
    highway surfin' in the credits for 106.
    True, but how would sign jumping work.
  • edited October 2007

Bad. But hopefully that little trivial matter doesn't keep Max from trying it.
  • edited October 2007

Sign jumpping is so 90s. These day, the cool thing is to "train hop." :D
  • edited October 2007
    14 days, 14 days...
    The wait for this is immense.
  • edited October 2007
    *Charlie Brown mode*
    UGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realized I'm leaving out of town on the 9th! :(
  • edited October 2007
    I have papers and a critique the day before, so Sam & Max will be a fun bit of relaxation for this otherwise stressed out college student.
  • edited October 2007
    10! 10! 10 days to go! :D

Why isn't this a national holiday yet? I demand a drunken refrain of Auld Lagomorph Syne!
  • edited October 2007
    What about MP3's? *points to blog* I love Jared's take on the Punch Out theme through the use of 80's Guitar riffs that sound they came straight from a Rocky movie!:D

Telltale and Bay Area Sound, you have my money for the next soundtrack set!
  • edited October 2007
    Merry Christmas one and all!

Can we get a Sam & Max ornament for the Christmas season in the store maybe?
  • edited October 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    10! 10! 10 days to go! :D

Why isn't this a national holiday yet? I demand a drunken refrain of Auld Lagomorph Syne!

Well, 9 excluding today.
  • edited October 2007
    The best in the trailer is the voice at the beginning. This screams after adventure!
  • edited October 2007
    Well, 9 excluding today.

My clock was off when I posted that, it said it was still 11 PM :P

*edit* Would have behooved me to say 9 anyway, in hindsight...
  • edited November 2007
    I cannot wait for this - and at the rate the Aussie dollar is climing against the greenback, it will be a very reasonable price indeed!
  • edited November 2007
    It just dawned on me that the only time I'll be able to play this episode will be during the hour I have to myself at the end of the day between when I get home from the art studio and when I have to take the dog out. Damn college life... Oh well, at least I'll have Sam & Max!
  • edited November 2007
    Two days left and I still haven't got my computer ready, I feel like crying...

Edit: Btw, what was/will the specs be? Because I'll might be able to play it at school during boring lessons breaks. it'll not be the same feeling having lots of people watching your every move, but I guess it's better than nothing.
  • edited November 2007
    Well, tomorrow for me, since I have GameTap...

:D

Hope this doesn't cut too much into my time I need for papers and stuff... :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    Edit: Btw, what was/will the specs be? Because I'll might be able to play it at school during boring lessons breaks. it'll not be the same feeling having lots of people watching your every move, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Could you play Season One? If so, you can play Season Two just fine.
  • edited November 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Could you play Season One? If so, you can play Season Two just fine.

Yeah I could, but that was on my old computer, which is currently broken, and probably will be for quite a while, so I thought if I were able to run the games on my schools computer.
    I started at the school this fall so I haven't played any of the episodes there... But I guess I can bring the CD with me some day, and test if they are capable of running a season one episode.
  • edited November 2007
    Another question, at which time will Ice Station Santa be released, because I have to recalculate that time to the Dutch time, so I can order it ASAP. Telltale HQ is in the same time-zone as Los Angeles, am I right ?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.