Episode 203 - Night of the Raving Dead - Available Now!

Comments

• edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    the translation is not that bad. it shound a bit odd and old fashioned, but it fits the theme..

If old fashioned means wrong to you, then yes... :O) at least for the two parts which were mentioned and the missing umlauts, the rest is okay.

But i might be more afraid of that i'm supposed to stop them. What if i want them to win?
  • edited January 2008
    needs more female undead on the dance floor. It's Europe, not a frat party!

but now that the dancing action loop exists for sam & max, I expect to see more dancing! and banjo! Can't have too much banjo!
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Awesome Trailer dudes ! The twenties horror-movie style is realy original and funny and the "not-optimal" German subtitles and the "even-less-optimal" English subsubtitles only add to the wacky flavor of Sam & Max.
    Even though I'm glad to hear that the release date has been forwarded, it's a shame that I won't be able to get it when it comes out. With the start of the new semester and work I'll probably won't be able to download it until late thursday afternoon. On the other hand, the server will probably be less occupied then, so it has it's advantages.
    hey its a dude! a good dude! :)
    edited January 2008
    taumel wrote: »
    If old fashioned means wrong to you, then yes... :O) at least for the two parts which were mentioned and the missing umlauts, the rest is okay.

you're cool and german... we get it.
  • edited January 2008
    ohh, come on..it's not an exact translation, but i've seen a lot worse stuff in blockbuster movies.
  • edited January 2008
    the only thing scary is the rings on the vampires chest *shivers* euu.
    great dance party sceen funny!! (told ya it wouldn't be scary) great spoof on Dracula and other movies dealing with vampires and zombies
  • edited January 2008
    NickTTG wrote: »
    you're cool and german... we get it.

Can't deal with critics?
    edited January 2008
    Can't deal with critics?

haha no. I've just read a million posts about how the translations are off.

we're aware that they are off. If I could, I would replace them. But I can't... plus that would take time away from other unnamed trailers :D
  • edited January 2008
    You know it's kind of a running gag through the history of video games as still a lot of games lack a proper translation and i'm not even speaking about spoken text here, just written stuff. So from time to time it's just fun pointing that out. We have 3d graphics with millions of colours and not even jaggies are secure anymore but one thing remains for sure, those funny translations. :O)
  • edited January 2008
    we're aware that they are off. If I could, I would replace them. But I can't... plus that would take time away from other unnamed trailers :D
    Like the one for the unnamed episode?
  • edited February 2008
    I don't know, for me the phoney German text adds to the fun... I mean, the "not-in-staff police" was done intentionally as well, so... Just let me believe it was meant that way, please. ;)
  • edited February 2008
    Way iz de vampire German? Shouldn't he be from Transilvania?
    After seeing that video, I feel like partying all night long, baby!.....:cool: I should really get out of the house more often. And guess what - tomorrow is Saturday! Yay! :D:D:D Will any of you guys/gals be going out to?
    edited February 2008
    zozenka wrote: »
    Way iz de vampire German? Shouldn't he be from Transilvania?
    After seeing that video, I feel like partying all night long, baby!.....:cool: I should really get out of the house more often. And guess what - tomorrow is Saturday! Yay! :D:D:D Will any of you guys/gals be going out to?

we can party in spirit! Also, it says that you're from Croatia. My best friends Croatian, so its always fun to meet more lol
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah? What's his name, maybe I know him :D There's only 4 million of us :p
    edited February 2008
    Well he lives in America, but his last name is Ivancevich if you want bloodlines :)
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    I finally had time to watch the trailer. Well, I mostly watched it. The speakers on my lap top stopped working a couple of days ago and I'm not sure how to fix it (and I haven't had the mental energy to figure it out). :(

Needless to say, I didn't to hear anything, but it looked great!!
    edited February 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    I finally had time to watch the trailer. Well, I mostly watched it. The speakers on my lap top stopped working a couple of days ago and I'm not sure how to fix it (and I haven't had the mental energy to figure it out). :(

Needless to say, I didn't to hear anything, but it looked great!!

this is probably the one trailer where not hearing anything is acceptable. Great Job!
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    this is probably the one trailer where not hearing anything is acceptable. Great Job!

:D
    There was music though, wasn't there? I also want to fix my speakers so at some point, when I finally getting around to playing episode 2 (and then 3), I can hear everything. :p
  • edited February 2008
    the part during the "sepia" scene was organ music. the suspensful kind. the dance scene was techno. the danceable head-bobbing kind. :D.

Lines said by the Vampire "This promotional material is hella whack, yo! Hit it!" and at the end "Hoooooooooo! Look at me! I'm so edgy and subversive!" Both said with a German accent. Kinda one of those you'd expect a goth to have.
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    Thank you! :) :)
  • edited February 2008
    Anvilania wrote: »
    the only thing scary is the rings on the vampires chest *shivers* euu.
    I always say: what else do men have nipples for? :D

As for your signature (""*startes singing realy fast* United States, Canada, Mexico, [cut] Barbados and Guam.~Yakko ")-- have you seen the voice actor doing that live? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyKHKECyx4
  • edited February 2008
    barchetta wrote: »

Actually, I've heard of rare cases where men have lactated for their children under extreme circumstances.
  • edited February 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    Actually, I've heard of rare cases where men have lactated for their children under extreme circumstances.

Eeeu!!
  • edited February 2008
    barchetta wrote: »

As for your signature (""*startes singing realy fast* United States, Canada, Mexico, [cut] Barbados and Guam.~Yakko ")-- have you seen the voice actor doing that live? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyKHKECyx4

Dear God Rob Paulsen must have that memorized due to menomics or somethings. To rattle it off the same exact way after all these yeard.
  • edited February 2008
    I cannot wait. RELEASE IT NOW!!!
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    Whenever I see the shirtless zombies, I'm reminded of Mick Jagger (especially when he's not wearing a shirt).
  • edited February 2008
    Wow, that lighting is amazing.
  • edited February 2008
    Midtown Remix wouldn't imply that it's a Midtown Cowboys remix, would it? Because that'd be awesome.

I'm not hearing it though.

Still a great track.
  • edited February 2008
    the design and look of the castle is brilliant..best looking location since the whitehouse!
  • edited February 2008
    Midtown Remix wouldn't imply that it's a Midtown Cowboys remix, would it? Because that'd be awesome.

I'm not hearing it though.

Still a great track.
    It's in there. I heard it. It's around the 3 minute mark of the track.
  • edited February 2008
    Got there after I posted, but still wasn't sure. That's really awesome.
  • edited February 2008
    Blasphemy!!!

Everyone knows Dracula is from Transylvania.
  • edited February 2008
    diego_pmc wrote: »
    Blasphemy!!!

Everyone knows Dracula is from Transylvania.

Who said anything about Dracula?
  • edited February 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Who said anything about Dracula?

I meant the trailer. In the game-play movie they say Strassburg, and in the trailer they say Dracula.;)
  • edited February 2008
    diego_pmc wrote: »
    I meant the trailer. In the game-play movie they say Strassburg, and in the trailer they say Dracula.;)

I don't think they save Dracula in the trailer.
  • edited February 2008
    I thought it was Stuttgart? But anyway, everyone knows that real vampires come from Draxsylvania.
  • edited February 2008
    It definitely sounds like Stuttgart to me. And I don't remember hearing or reading the Name "Dracula" in the Trailer.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Brendan did a quick interview with GameTap about Night of the Raving dead which you guys may want to check out. It contains no spoilers to my knowledge, but does contain quality!
  • edited February 2008
    Mirko wrote: »
    It definitely sounds like Stuttgart to me. And I don't remember hearing or reading the Name "Dracula" in the Trailer.

Sorry - I heard vampire and thought right away about Dracula.:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.